Force new record

Hi,
I am using a combo box on a main form to populate records in a subform.
1st of all, once a record has been populated i would like the focus to
automatically jump to the new record line.
2nd How can I make the new record line on the subform have focus on openeing
the database?

Is this possible?

Regards

John

0
John

Try the following in the Open event of the subform:

    DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec
End Sub
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"John" <johnlee2509@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am using a combo box on a main form to populate records in a subform.
> 1st of all, once a record has been populated i would like the focus to
> automatically jump to the new record line.
> 2nd How can I make the new record line on the subform have focus on
> openeing the database?
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Regards
>
> John

0
Arvin
8/5/2007 1:19:34 PM
Arvin,
Thanks for the reply.  That works great for opening the form but I also need
the new record field to be selected for the next new record after
population.  How would I accomplish that?

Regards

John

"Arvin Meyer [MVP]" <a@m.com> wrote in message
> Try the following in the Open event of the subform:
>
> Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer)
>    DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec
> End Sub
> --
> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
> http://www.datastrat.com
> http://www.mvps.org/access
> http://www.accessmvp.com
>
> "John" <johnlee2509@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> I am using a combo box on a main form to populate records in a subform.
>> 1st of all, once a record has been populated i would like the focus to
>> automatically jump to the new record line.
>> 2nd How can I make the new record line on the subform have focus on
>> openeing the database?
>>
>> Is this possible?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> John

0
John
8/5/2007 1:42:51 PM
Go to Tools >>> Options >>> Keyboard and uncheck the Cursor stops at
First/Last field box.

Now after completing each record, hitting the Enter key will move your
cursor to the first field in a new record. Alternatively, you can use the
scroll wheel on the mouse to move to the next new record (if you've just
completed one)
--

> Arvin,
> Thanks for the reply.  That works great for opening the form but I also
> need the new record field to be selected for the next new record after
> population.  How would I accomplish that?
>
> Regards
>
> John
>

> "Arvin Meyer [MVP]" <a@m.com> wrote in message
>> Try the following in the Open event of the subform:
>>
>> Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer)
>>    DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec
>> End Sub
>> --
>> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
>> http://www.datastrat.com
>> http://www.mvps.org/access
>> http://www.accessmvp.com
>>
>> "John" <johnlee2509@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>> I am using a combo box on a main form to populate records in a subform.
>>> 1st of all, once a record has been populated i would like the focus to
>>> automatically jump to the new record line.
>>> 2nd How can I make the new record line on the subform have focus on
>>> openeing the database?
>>>
>>> Is this possible?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> John

0
Arvin
8/5/2007 2:00:06 PM
Thanks Arvin, it took a bit of finding, I should have mentioned I use Access
2007

>>> http://www.mvps.org/access
>>> http://www.accessmvp.com
>>>
>>> "John" <johnlee2509@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

0
John

Record MS Money transactions in OL Journal?
Is there any way to get Money to automatically record transactions in Outlook's Journal? What I'm looking for is the ability to, say, write a check in Money, and have an item automatically created in Journal noting that a check for x amount was paid to y on this date. You'd need to use VB or VBA and I'm not sure Money is programmable - check the money forums. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlo...

Records should first be deleted logically from MSCRM database!
When records are accidently deleted by users, these records get physically deleted from the MSCRM database with the current config of the system. This I think can be very frustrating when users who are just learning tend to delete records they dont intend to. I think, data should first be deleted logically (ie be flagged as deleted using a bit number in a seperate field) and if need be the administrators could easily run a query and change the status from deleted to not being deleted. This could keep data intact. A job could automatically run every so many months to ensure that the reco...

Locking records in a form based on a combo box selection
I have read all I can find but still can't get this right. I have a combo box with a selection of either Yes or No in a field called P5Pd and I want to lock records if it Yes is selected. I have the following code, but it is locking ALL records and not just if P5Pd = "Yes" Sub Form_Current() If Me.P5Pd = "Yes" Then Me.AllowEdits = False End If End Sub In addition to the above information, I would like to say that I can edit other records, but once I have passed that record either forwards or backwards (e.g. if it is the 3rd record, I can edit ...

CNAME resource records for Site is incorrect
I'm running the SBS 2008 BPA and I keep getting this error. >>> The CNAME resource record for the Sites alias should point to the fully qualified domain name of the computer that is running Windows SBS 2008. <<< This is what I have in DNS Manager: server > domain.local Sites - Alias(CNAME) - server.domain.local. - static Any suggestions on how to fix this is greatly appreciated. Thanks! "Shibin" <shibin@txctech.com> wrote in message news:OD6GlZ3nKHA.1928@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I'm running the SBS 2008 BPA and I keep gett...

Questions about MX Record for E2K3
All This should be simple enough question to answer, I was wondering if an MX record has to have a mail in front of it. By that I mean mail.mycompany.com for the MX record or can I have something like e2k3.mycompany.com? Secondly, if myMX record is e2k3.mycompany.com but the FQDN is e2k3.us.mycompany.com will I get an error? I have been getting a lot of these message when I tried to send emails to comcast "e2k3.us.mycompany.com #5.5.0 smtp;521-EHLO/HELO from sender 111.111.111.111 does not map to e2k3.us.mycompany.com in DNS". And I was wondering if I can r...

Create New User Accont
Hi all, I'm Using SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003. I'm trying to add a new user to the server, but it's not setting up an email account for this new account. When I go go Server Management and add user follow all the screens. When it is finished it created logon name, but the email account didn't get setup. I checked our license and we still have some open. Any ideas what am I doing wrong ?? Please help Thanks in advance, Ed In Active Directory Users and Computers, if you right click and select Exchange Task for the user what happens? -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, ...

How to update a combo box with a new record
On form I have I have tab pages. On one page is a subform related to a Consultation table, here we add and define the reason of the consultation. The next page over is the examen, here we have a combo box with the dates of consultation of the customer. My problem is that I can not get the last consultation on the list unless I change costumer and come back to him. Only then does the last entry appear in the list of the combo box. How do I update or refresh or ??? that list ? thank you for the help. -- eric Answered elsewhere. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005,...

re-creating charts in new datasheet
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel In the previous Excel, I was able to create a &quot;template&quot; that contains fixed position data and charts linking to these data on the same sheet. By pasting in data in the exact same location, I could recreate charts very quickly. I need to do this for hundred of datasets. However, the 2008 Excel insists on referring to the original data sheet and it is tedious to edit the link one by one (each chart contains 8-10 series, multiplied by 8 charts). Is there a way to remove the external sheet referenc...

force user to input text -word 2007???
hi, i'm wondering if it is possible to force a user to choose an option from a drop down list within word 2007 before they save and quit the document. Example - user types some text in a document but forgets to click their name in a pre-defined list, they then try to save the document and then quite the document. is it possible for a prompt to show on screen reminding them to do this. or if not possible a similar type of method prompting them to put their name in a field that i choose. I'm not a programmer so using VB is not really an option unless i have some assi...

How to create a new email activity by rule when send mail in outlo
Hi , I have modify the email task to add some more fields. But I cannot edit them when I send email in outlook . and I cannt edit them in Web after send email because it is in "History" instead of "Activities"( I have choose track in Crm and select the regard when send email in outlook and find it in the history tab of regarded object) So , I want to create a new email activity when I send a email and choose regard in outlook, This new activity should be same as the one in "History" but it is new, so I can edit the others fields. Can I do it, if so , could you pl...

CRM v3.0 Creating 2 records for new custom entity
I recently created a custom entity and now when I create a record, CRM is creating a 2nd blank record for no reason. So when viewing the default view or associated view, I see a) the record I created, and b) a second blank record. What's more, CRM doesn't recognize any of the records in the list. So if I try to delete any of them, I'm told I must select a record in the list. Has anyone seen this before and if so, is there a way it can be corrected? Is this a known bug? -- Thanks. RE I've seen this where the name of the primary attribute is set to be the same as ...

What is VBA code for new message?
Hi In Word if I create a macro called FileNew which pops up a message box then it will override the default file new code. What is the equivalent of FileNew in Outlook 2007 so that I can override the default functionality? and which template should I store it in so that it works evey time. Christine Outlook programming questions are best posted to = microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba.. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 "xtine" ...

Can't 'search' new address list
We have Exchange 2003 SP1. I have created a large set of contacts from an external mail system. I can see the new addresses in the GAL, and in a new Address List I created, but I can't 'search' on these addresses. I have done this before with another group of external address and I can 'search' those -- I don't know what I am missing. Any help much appreciated. In Outlook - click the 'To:' box and in the 'Type Name or Select From List' -- I can only -- select from list --- not 'type name'. Thanks. C Emmons ...

new workbooks
I have a user that when she opened a new workbook it opened as a seperate workbook so she could flick between them now when she opens a new workbook it opens in the same workbook. Hope this is not too confusing! Is there a setting somewhere that open workbooks as seperate workbooks Hi goto 'Tools - Options - General' and check 'Windows in taskbar' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Sal" <tracey.ryman@tandf.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ODb4mCRrEHA.1272@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I have a user that when she opened a new workbook it opene...

start new month
how do i delete previous months entries to start a new month in my bank statement? or do i just keep adding???? In microsoft.public.money, craig wrote: >how do i delete previous months entries to start a new >month in my bank statement? or do i just keep adding???? Just keep adding. ...

Public Folder Limits? Can't move the items into new public folders.
Hi there. I'm trying to move a sizable e-mail (about 10MB) from a .pst file into a newly created public folder on Exchange 2003. When I attempt, I get the following error message: "Can't move the items. A rule in this public folder prevents a message this large from being posted." Now I've gone through and blown away all limits I can find, but I continue to get this message! Someone, please help! Thanks, Marty >-----Original Message----- >Hi there. > >I'm trying to move a sizable e-mail (about 10MB) from >a .pst file into a newly created...

can't save
Write using Word - 2007 - Windows 7 When I try to shut word file down with the red "close" button - Word/Windows will not close. Even after saving the files - the "word document" simply stays open Hope you have some help....I've been frustrated for weeks. Even tried a Word Uninstallment (didn't work) - and tried a COMPLETE Office 2007 Series Uninstall - No luck.... Thanks for any help you may be able to provide. Pete firpro1@comcast.net Add the CLOSE command button to your Quick Access Toolbar. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP &qu...

Cannot create new document in Sharepoint Designer 2007
It's new installed under Windows 7 Ultimate x64. After installation, I run it and try to create a new html, but it is disabled. No new document created and the create new button is disabled. Some menu items about contributors settings are grey out. It seems that I have no right to create a new document, but I'm the administrator of the system and the one install this progarm. How to fix this? SharePoint Designer Forum: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointcustomization/threads -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997 -----------...

Creating new form instance in Access 2003 SP3
I have had a database working for 3 years that creates multiple instances of a main data form. It uses the idea of: Dim frm as Form set frm = new Form_frmCall and then add the form reference to a collection to keep it active. It worked until SP3. Now the Set statement fails with error 2950, Reserved Error. Is this functionality going away? Thanks, Kevin, I'm not seeing that problem. The sample database in this page still works in A2003 SP3: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-35.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrown...

Sorry I am a new user
I need to change the drawing scale on a project. When I place a wall and get the lenght it usually comes up with over 100' for a 8.5 " X 11" canvas. Can you tell me how to change the scale to reflect a 40' by 30' area on a 8.5" X 11" canvas. Also can I scale images from stencils. Thank you in advance. ...

MsQuery returning one record + one empty record
Hi all, In the same excel file, i have one sheet containing data and one running a MSQuery to retrive some of the data with a parameter. The problem is that when only one record should be returned, I have that record and a blank record. Because I have formulas that are auto-extended, I have two lines of formula. In MsQuery UI, there's only one record. I hope this is clear, Thanks Pierre-André ...

analysis for new bank branch proposal
Dear all I have been given to make a proposal for new bank branch .But since I never have done this before I need some help Good luck with your proposal but I think you may have posted to the wrong place. This area is to discuss the microsoft programme called Access. Sorry. -- Wayne Manchester, England. "ilir" wrote: > Dear all > I have been given to make a proposal for new bank branch .But since I never > have done this before I need some help ...

set New currency EURO
I would like to know how to handle a new currency in GP, basically all of the transactions are in US dollars, however we need to create a vendor where all of his PO has to be in EURO ? How I can setup a new currency EURO ? Any help I will appreciate it. -- Thanks Miguel Dear, Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> System >> Currency Define your currency then open the Multicurrency Access Setup window. (Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> System >> Multicurrency Access) Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, ...

Looking For A New BASIC?
http://www.freebasic.net/ I am going to promote the above. 1) It is open-source. 2) It supports the following built-in data types: BYTE UBYTE SHORT USHORT INTEGER UINTEGER LONGINT ULONGINT (64-bit) Floating Point Types SINGLE DOUBLE Strings (Up to 2GB in length) STRING * (Fixed) STRING (Variable-Length) ZSTRING (Zero-Terminated) Unicode Strings WSTRING (Use the Windows unicode API functions directly) The information above came from the following page. Rather than hand-type everything, I am just going to ...

Problem Creating a New Folder Using Outlook
I keep getting a message saying message from server that it failed because such a new folder already exists when it clearly doesn't! Ay ideas please? Any useful information please? Version? How you tried to create one? WHERE you tried to create one? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head-scratching, Colin asked this group: | I keep getting a message saying message from server that it fai...