Find prev record on other requeried form

Using access 2003.   I have a main form for name and address info.  A subform
shows limited info on client placement.

Click a command button on the main form and user opens another form for full
screen entry of placement data.  That form opens showing the client selected
on the initial main form.

When the full screen placement form closes, it requeries the original main
form with the placement subform to show the added placement.  It goes to the
first record in the table though.  It does not show the original client whose
placement was just added.

How do I set the main form to go to the client previously shown before the
requery on the linked form.

Thanks in advance.

>>Click a command button on the main form and user opens another form for full
screen entry of placement data.
Have that button to store the record information such as ClientID (primary
key) somewhere using SetValue.   Then on close of full screen placement form
have it requery and FindRecord = ClientID.

--
Build a little, test a little.

"Anthony Fontana" wrote:

> Using access 2003.   I have a main form for name and address info.  A subform
> shows limited info on client placement.
>
> Click a command button on the main form and user opens another form for full
> screen entry of placement data.  That form opens showing the client selected
> on the initial main form.
>
> When the full screen placement form closes, it requeries the original main
> form with the placement subform to show the added placement.  It goes to the
> first record in the table though.  It does not show the original client whose
> placement was just added.
>
> How do I set the main form to go to the client previously shown before the
> requery on the linked form.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Anthony

In order for your first form to reset itself and point at a different
customer, there must be something in either event procedures or the
properties of the form that's telling it to do so.  Access doesn't do that
kind of thing without orders...

Any chance there's an event procedure (or many) associated with the form?

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

"Anthony Fontana" <AnthonyFontana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:9020B946-DDA6-4977-90F1-39317E24B201@microsoft.com...
> Using access 2003.   I have a main form for name and address info.  A
> subform
> shows limited info on client placement.
>
> Click a command button on the main form and user opens another form for
> full
> screen entry of placement data.  That form opens showing the client
> selected
> on the initial main form.
>
> When the full screen placement form closes, it requeries the original main
> form with the placement subform to show the added placement.  It goes to
> the
> first record in the table though.  It does not show the original client
> whose
> placement was just added.
>
> How do I set the main form to go to the client previously shown before the
> requery on the linked form.
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
Jeff

How to read and find a name?
Hi, Column 1 Sheet1 carries a list of names: David Susan Kathie John etc. Column 1 Sheet2 carries another list: Jack Susan Fred David Sam etc. How do you write a macro to read David in Sheet1 then goes to find it in Sheet2? Perform a task, then returns to Sheet1, comes down 1 row to read Susan and goes back to Sheet2, to find Susan and performs the same task. Repeat the process until it reads a blank name in Sheet1 and stops. Thank you for any help. TIA Tom Simplest version. NO need to goto the other sheet sub loopeach() for each n in sheet1.range(&q...

Advanced Find Shows All Fields and Not Just Those on the Screens
The Advanced Find shows all Fields in the database for the record type rather than only those shown to Users on the screens. This creates confusion when it comes to fields which are not used but cannot be deleted. I heard a rumor this would be fixed in the first hotfix but have not heard anything further. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the M...

Quest: Programs that find HDD drive Infomation...
I am looking to a program that looks deep and finds head per cylinder of my harddrive... Any help... I think you want to use DeviceIoControl with IOCTL_DISK_GET_DRIVE_GEOMETRY_EX In article <106u69r1ohr6gc3@corp.supernews.com>, bj7lewis@willapabay.org says... > I am looking to a program that looks deep and finds head per cylinder of my > harddrive... ...

access forms and tables
i made two tables - one for employee infor and the other for trainings they take. I linked them together and crated a form to input the data. How do i get it so the employee table has a pull down for the information and vise versa - they dont seem to join the info A well-normalized design for what you describe would involve THREE tables. One table for employees (with EmployeeID). One table for Trainings (with TrainingID). One table to document the trainings they take - a junction table (with EmployeeTrainingID, plus EmployeeID & TrainingID as foreign keys). Good luck!...

Query of Office Spreadsheet (Web Components) in a Access Form
I put the Office Spreadsheet in a form; I accessed the 'Command and Options' button and went to the 'Datasource' tab; I put the database and the query in the fields at the normal process in this tab...; I can manipulate this datasource fields of the spreadsheet using the propery 'connectionstring' on VBA Two questions about it: 1)I cannot put the same database as I'm using, because it says that the database is already opened by another user (in this case, me). I can do it only putting another database. Can I put the active database on the datasource tab of t...

Add records
hi, how can I add new record in a table (through a text box in a form), bat I want verifyed for duplicated in a one field thanks Set that field to be unique (no duplicates allowed) in your table. -- Hope that helps! RBear3 .. "Florin" <florin_serban@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u5il6tImHHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > hi, > > how can I add new record in a table (through a text box in a form), bat I > want verifyed for duplicated in a one field > > thanks > > Hi, Wayne-I-M Thanks for your sugestion I have a big problem because my t...

Form Combo Box
We have approximately 4,500 students in tblStudents, and as you would imagine, there are numerous students with the same last name. I have a Find a Record combo box on a form where the user types in the student's last name, hits the Enter key, and Access displays that student's info. This works well unless there are 1 or more users with the same last name. If the user types in the lastname and firstname, it still goes to the first student with that last name. The user can use the drop down box to select another student with the same last name and that works. But it would be nic...

Last Phone Call Date on Lead Form
Okay, I'm seeking suggestions here. I would really like to be able to show the date of the most recent phone call for a lead on the lead form itself, so that I could perform a search for leads whose last phone call is not in the last 30 days. So when a rep creates a phone call activity and closes it, the phonecallactivity.actualenddate needs to be posted to the associated lead form into a custom field. To my understanding, a post callout won't work, because nothing on the lead is being updated to trigger a callout event. Anyone have any other ideas? TIA -- Matt Wittemann http:...

Tracking Time a form is open
Yet another addition my manager has requested for our call log... The students that call donors are currently not tracked as to how long they talk to a donor over the phone. We would like to have some way of monitoring this - and I felt that the best way would be to record in minutes and seconds how long a record is opened on the form. This would not be something that would display on the form, but when the students print the end of day report showing thier work, it would show up on the report for each record. Any ideas?? -- R. Daniel Carlson Concordia University Office of Developmen...

How to record data in Excel?
Hello, I would like to record data in Excel, i.e., making 5 become 1, making 4 become 2, making 2 become 4, making 1 become 5, to change the direction of negative-worded item questions. Might anyone know how to accomplish this task in Excel? I know SPSS can do this. But I need to record the data in Excel in order to do other tasks. Thank you very much and look forward to your kind reply. Please take care Caroline See your other post - try this formula: =6-A1 if your number is in A1. Copy down as necessary. Pete On Mar 27, 1:18 am, "zencaroline" <...

Recording Soundtrack in slide show
I am using PP 2002 and have put together a 25 slide, slideshow. I have been able to add a soundtrack to it and it works great on my computer. Went I send it, it goes without the soundtrack. How do I get PP 2002 to include, embed or transfer the sound track I thought I had recorded. It appears as thought the sound icon is just a link to the file on my computer. Any help would be appreciated. I have received PP slideshows with the back ground music or a soundtrack and they have played on my computer without andy root sound file. Hi If you have a wav format sound file you w...

finding the path of executable dynamically
hi all, Is there an api by which i can find the path of an exe dynamically. Specifically i am intreseted in knowing the path of exe file from within the exe file....for e.g., if i run it from C:\sim then return value should be C:\sim but if on some other machine if i store the exe file in C:\sim\app, and then run it then return value should be C:\sim\app. I want this information so that i can prevent the end user from runing the exe file from any location. kunal >Is there an api by which i can find the path of an exe dynamically. >Specifically i am intreseted in knowing the pat...

recordings dont play in outlook
Hi all , I record a note in my pda and after that when i sync it in outlook 2000 it used to work.now i've upgraded to outlook 2002 and when i try to sync i am not able to listen to them went to file-->save as and saw that it was storing it as a HTML file the icon that comes when i open outlook is an envelop while before it used to be the windows media player sign HELP my job depends on IT :))) ...

How to Import records to Product Catalog
Hi, I want to import 18000 records to Product Catalog,i dint find any way to import, even i tried with bulk import fuctionality, please can any one tell me how to achive this import functionality to my Products Catalog, Thanks Thangadurai You can look at the Data Migration Framework (DMF) cound on the installation CD to help with this, purchase a migrate license for Scribe or write .Net code that leverages the SDK APIs to load the data. -- Matt Parks MVP - Dynamics CRM <mukathangadurai@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1189174945.366515.8020@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... Hi,...

Flagging Duplicate records in a Table
I have a table that contains three columns. ID1, ID2, and Flag ID1 ID2 Flag 1234 1234 I want to identify each record that is the same in ID1 and ID2 and flag it with an "X". You should not do this as when data changes the flag will be wrong. You should just check it each time when you would look at the flag. Below wil update the flag text field. If your field is a Yes/No the use a -1 (minus one) to set the flag. UPDATE MLewis SET MLewis.Flag = "Yes" WHERE (((MLewis.ID1)=[ID2])); -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "MLewis" wr...

need help on record changing
Hello. I have a situation in which the higher ups are restructuring territories/areas based on zip codes. Which now will require the changing the designated area of 16,000 records. There are 3 tables that are involved; tblArea - has the updated restructuring tblCustomer - has the customer info including the zip code and the tblArea primary key (AreaPK) as a foreign key tblAreaZipCode - has the listing of the zip codes for the different areas and the tblArea (AreaPK) primary key is a foreign key I need to change the AreaPK (int) in the tblCustomer table to match the one located in...

time-sheet record with over 24 hours
I want ot create a time sheet for my employees where I can have the first column be the start time, and the second be the end time, with the ability to start at 10pm and finish the shift at 8am, which is over the 24 hour mark. Then have the hours totalled in the third column, with a subtotal for each week, and total for two weeks. My current dilema is where the hours go over the 24hour mark in the same day and getting the total of hours worked for that day. You might get some help from here: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/overtime.htm tj "kkwaters" wrote: > I want ot ...

Form or report?
I'm new to Access - I am using Access 2007. I have a database that I have figured out how to make queries and then queries of queries to ge the output I need. But, now I want to make a form that someone else can use that allows them to fill in the criteria for a query, they click a button that runs the query, and then outputs the results to a report or output form. I have done this before in Basic with input and output forms. I don't know what the terminology is for Access, so I'm confused what to ask for because I don't know the names of what does what I need. Ho...

PowerShell can't find module in batch file
Warning: NOOB here - On Windows 2008 R2, When running my custom software's installation program, I run a batch file to execute PowerShell to enable Dot Net 351. This batch file contains 1 command: powershell.exe -NoExit Import-Module ServerManager ; Add-WindowsFeature as-net-framework The batch file executes but fails, with the following errors: C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop>powershell.exe -NoExit Import-Module ServerManager ; Add-WindowsFeature as-net-framework Import-Module : The specified module 'ServerManager' was not loaded because no valid module fi...

Piviot Tables and Unique record count
Here is a sample of the data from my piviot table. DICK HUFNAGEL COLORADO PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT 2 DELAWARE MANAGEMENT BUSINESS TRUST 2 JANUS CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC 1 JOHN HANCOCK FINANCIAL SERVICES, INC 1 KORNITZER CAPITAL MANAGEMENT 1 PENN MUTUAL LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY 1 TEACHERS INSURANCE & ANNUITY ASSOC. 2 THREE PEAKS CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC 1 UNITED FIDELITY LIFE INSURANCE CO. 2 DICK HUFNAGEL Total 13 The piviot table is counting each occurance for each record. My goal is ...

Adding a new form to exchange
Hi, I have downloaded the "while you were out" form template from the microsoft site. How do I now add this template form to my exchange enviroment so that all users can see it as a form when they go to the "new" option in outlook- so the form would be like an option like how you have "new message" and "new meeting request" and so on in the "new" option. Thanks, In news:BEB58E14-6151-4758-8185-FAC7AC8290DF@microsoft.com, ASP <ASP@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > > I have downloaded the "while you were out&q...

How can I find out who is in the Database?
Users must login using Access security potentially 20 + users but in reality one 2 or 3 in at a time DB NOT split Problem is I sometimes come in early to do a little development and I can't access anything because someone has forgot to close the DB the night before. I have to go to every users machine, log in to their machine (or change their windows password) and see if they had the DB open. Sometimes I just feel like to a hard shutdown on all the users but.... well that is another story. NEWay: Is there someway I can "easily" find out who is in the DB and only hav...

Finding Column Position
I'm creating a spreadsheet to help me with scheduling employees. Is there a way to find out the position of the last entry in a row? I'm using the following formula to find the first entry: MATCH(1,b7:ak7,0) This returns the first "1" that it finds in column 7, but I don't know how to find the last "1" that it finds in the same column. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks, Brian -- Brian Mann ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Brian Mann's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&am...

Inherit Properties from Form and Show in Form Designer
Hello, I am programming with VS2008 and C#. My application should have a base form. All forms my application will show should be inherit form this Base Form. I have put the base form in a seperate managed control library. After compilation all works fine, the child forms have the same properties like the base form. But the VS-Form-Designer doesn't show the forms correctly. The properties are the default properties, not those form the base form. Do I miss something? Greetings from Germany, MZ Mazzo wrote: > Hello, > > I am programming with VS2008 an...

Purchase order Blank Form
V10, had to recreate our Purchase order formats of course. I am now trying to get the the ship to address to print at the top of the Purchase Order (header Section) How can I do this? The PO seems to want to print this after the last line of the PO? -- Doug ...