find and replace data in a yes/no field

How do you find and replace a Yes/No field?    I want to find all no entries
and globally replace them with a yes entry.

Any assistance is deeply appreciated.

0
Frank

Write a query

UPDATE MyTable SET MYyesno = Yes WHERE MYyesno = No;

The where clause is unnecessary if every row has a value, since you'll be
making them all True anyway.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"Frank" <fhsmith7@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> How do you find and replace a Yes/No field?    I want to find all no
> entries and globally replace them with a yes entry.
>
> Any assistance is deeply appreciated.

0
Arvin
10/11/2007 12:54:48 PM
Arvin:

Thanks a bunch.

What I did was go to the table that had the yes/no field and made the yes/no
field  a text field. Once that was done, the find and replace function
worked. After data correction was complete, I went back to the table and
changed the yes/no field back to the check off box option.

Your method also works great as well and is probably the best way to handle
it.

"Arvin Meyer [MVP]" <a@m.com> wrote in message
> Write a query
>
> UPDATE MyTable SET MYyesno = Yes WHERE MYyesno = No;
>
> The where clause is unnecessary if every row has a value, since you'll be
> making them all True anyway.
> --
> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
> http://www.datastrat.com
> http://www.mvps.org/access
> http://www.accessmvp.com
>
> "Frank" <fhsmith7@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>>
>> How do you find and replace a Yes/No field?    I want to find all no
>> entries and globally replace them with a yes entry.
>>
>> Any assistance is deeply appreciated.

0
Frank

A script to replace a value with another
i want to replace a field with another within the same Contact record. Is there any example that you can show me? i'll doing this to over 5,000 records. i'm using Outlook 2002, personal use. rayswchiu -- Phone: (852) 9258 6600 Email: rayswchiu@gmail.com ...

Winmail.dat problem with SBS 2003..and yes i have read the other wiinmail posts
Ok, so I have read thru all the winmail.dat posts in this group and the outlook group, problem is most of them are geared towards ex 5.5. Well I have sbs 2003 and I have one user in my entire company that can not send a excell spreadsheet to one recp. without outlook 2003 i converting into a winmail.dat. I have tryed everyhting I can think of. I reinstalled outlook. I have sett all the options to send as plain text globally and for that contact that gets the winmail.dat files. I have been working on this for a while, but I do believe I checked the setting on exchange to allow the user to ch...

select case to replace text with different text
I'm trying to use a Select Case in a Private Sub Worksheet_Change event to do the following: if I type w in a cell in col B, I want to replace it with WIDGETS if I type g in a cell in col B, I want to replace it with GIDGETS seems like it should be simple but I can't come up with the code. On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 10:28:54 -0600, "John" <nodak457@yahoo.com> wrote: >I'm trying to use a Select Case in a Private Sub Worksheet_Change event to >do the following: > >if I type w in a cell in col B, I want to replace it with WIDGETS >if ...

How can I default a lookup field to a particular value.
How can I default a lookup field to a certain value, but still allow the user to modify the field if necessary? Thanks, Bob Johnson you mean a drop down or picklist? "Bob" <rjohnson@reveregroup.com> wrote in message news:1130947400.655495.115390@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > How can I default a lookup field to a certain value, but still allow > the user to modify the field if necessary? > > Thanks, > > Bob Johnson > i have the same question in crm 3.0. i want a default value in a lookup filed. i also want to create a lookup field by my self....

In excel when inputting dates 10/4/04 (10/april/04) data converts.
In excel when inputting dates 10/4/04 (10/April/2004) excel converts this to 4/10/04 (4/October/2004) Where can I change the input characteristics. I have changed the date format to English (UK) and this works when I input the date in the American format mm/dd/yy but I want to input in the dd/mm/yy format I think I'd try chaning my windows regional settings. In win98, I'd get to it via: Windows start button|Settings|control Panel|regional settings applet Date Tab Change the short date format to dd/mm/yyyy (I like 4 digit dates--you don't have to use that part--but put it in d...

CRM & Data Matching
Hi, We are going to populate our MSCRM with various data sets. Because of this there will be duplication of customer data. Is there any mechanism within Microsoft CRM (or easily available elsewhere) to match the data from the diverse sources against each other and to arrive at a single instance of the customer. Thanks, D. Microsoft CRM V3 only offers merge capabilities which means you have to locate the duplicates - crm can then merge the records two at a time. ISV's have produced other solutions ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.got...

Non-VBA formula to find 2nd Sunday of a given month
Can anyone help me write a formula to find the date of the second sunda in a given month? Thanks in Advance, Dav ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com David, Assuming you have a date in A1, this gives the 2nd Sunday of that date =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),1)+MOD(8-WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),1)),7)+7 -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "DavidObeid&q...

Calcs & Data Validation
Looking for an easy way to complet the following. I imagine their must be a quick & easy method. Cell A5 has a drop down list which corresponds to a range on another worksheet. It has 300+ entries. In cell B5 i will enter a number/qty. What i would like is that as each of the items in the list has a corresponding cost (on other worksheet), i would like to know an easy way to calculate the cost (in C5) based upon the qty entered (B5) & the cost of the item selected. I have done it before with 'IF' function for a small selection, but figure there must be an easier...

Populate new field on grid with VBA
I have added a new field to the Fee Schedule grid. I am using VBA code to populate this field. I am populating this field on the Grid_BeforeLinePopulate event. The problem is the values do not allows display. I have to click in this new field and then they will display. How do I get them to automatically display? Thank you, Amy ...

Search and Replace, or Add New Row
I am using Excel 2003. Worksheet1 contains columns (A) Invoice (B) Name (C) Address (D) P.O.# ... and others. I need to perform a search of column A using an invoice number and if it IS FOUND, then replace the entire row with new data. If the invoice number IS NOT FOUND, then I need to add a new row. Is there a simple way to do this? Check your other post.. "GEdwards" wrote: > I am using Excel 2003. > > Worksheet1 contains columns > (A) Invoice > (B) Name > (C) Address > (D) P.O.# ... and others. > > I need to...

address book not finding contact when putting in letters
I guess I have general questions about the find function on the top of the toolbar, I have a contact in the company field called netflix, when I type net in the find box, it does not show up, but if I type netflix, it does show up??? why is that , I have noticed this on several contacts Same thing with me I have a name and email address in the Outlook Contacts When sending an email, sometimes as I type the name the email appears, sometimes it does not "bob" <bob@donotspam> wrote in message news:epF4Pp1rEHA.4004@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I guess I have general questions...

Formatting doesn't follow data sort
I was just recently updated to 2003 MS Office Pro. I can't remember what I use to have, but I used to be able to Data Sort info and the borders around cells would follow the appropriate text. It doesn't do that anymore, and I can't find out how to fix it in the online help, and my IT guy doesn't know off the top of his head. Can anyone help or have I wasted a full day and a half putting borders around information for no reason? -- kanimalhouse ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kanimalhouse's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/me...

Make Smartlist Payables trx find unposted batches for reconcile
Smartlist currently does not view unposted payables batches. Many people want to use this object to review unposted batches and to assist in reconciling AP to the G/L or to dump AP transaction history for auditors. he Payables Transaction Smartlist object pulls the distribution accounts from the Vendor master and not the actual posted distribution. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, f...

where do I find a shortcut lists for international characters
Is there a quick printout I can access in order to use spanish characters in my typing without having to do lots of special set ups? At my school we use a software satelite service and accessing the control panels and such is a non-existing concept for me. I am using Office 2003 Publisher. Insert, symbol List here http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/international/bylanguage/spanish.html -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "The Spaish Teacher" <The Spaish Teacher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

where can i find the meaning of all icons next to a received mail
"Rolls" <Rolls@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9729F859-6E44-46D8-A571-78E9A5977144@microsoft.com... > Please use this BIG WHITE SPACE to write your question. Have a look here: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/icons_mail.htm -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level and the FULL contents of any error message(s) ...

How do I copy previously entered data
If I enter related data in A1 and C1 and then type the same data as A1 in A4, how do I get the data in C1 to automaticallyh appear in C4? Hi =VLOOKUP(A4,A1:C3,3,0) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Snoopy wrote: > If I enter related data in A1 and C1 and then type the same data as > A1 in A4, how do I get the data in C1 to automaticallyh appear in C4? Hi Frank, Thanks for the information, I tried it and it works. One further question if I may? If I type the info in A1 in multiple places in columnA, can excel be configured to repeat the related info in c1 in the cor...

Data validation causing problems when using a data form in Excel 2
I have an Excel 2007 workbook that includes data validation set on a number of cells. When using a data form to enter data and I enter an invalid value on the form field corresponding to one of those cells I receive the validation error dialogue that prompts me to retry. I enter the correct data into that field on the form then close the form. My worksheet only has the data relating to the corrected field entered. All other data entered via the form is not entered onto the worksheet. Is this a bug in Excel 2007? I previously was using Excel 2002 and found that when using a ...

Data Validation, Via A Formula
Is there a way to apply data validation to one cell, based on the result of another cell? For instance, if in A1, a data validation list displays sports (ie baseball, basketball,etc), and if the user selects "Baseball", then the data validation in B1 would only list baseball teams, from the range named baseball teams. And if basketball is selected, then only basketball teams are displayed. If at all possible, could this be done via a formula and WITHOUT using VB? If not, I could also use any help to accomplish this via VB coding. Any and all help will be appreciated...

finding where a file is stored
2003 Excel used to tell you where the file was if you did a Save-As. Now it doesn't. How do I find where a file is currently stored? What do mean by 'now it doesn't...' Nothing has changed... Anyway use this in any cell =CELL("filename",A1) to see the complet path and file name "Catherine" wrote: > 2003 Excel used to tell you where the file was if you did a Save-As. Now it > doesn't. How do I find where a file is currently stored? Thank you for your time. Perhaps I was mistaken about the version. I used to be able to go to Save-As, an...

Multiple series not plotting in their respective data ranges
I have a price comparison chart (line chart) that has multiple prices for multiple dates. Price 1 has a date range of 01/01/07 - 02/06/07. Price 2 has a date range of 01/19/07 - 01/31/07 (a subset of the Price 1 range). When Price 2 plots, it starts at the left of the overall range (01/01/07) and stops at 01/13/07 instead of plotting in the middle of the chart starting at 01/19/07 and ending at 01/31/07. Is this a bug or is there a parameter setting I need to tweak? Thanks, Mike If you want to plot one variable (price) as a function of another variable (date), you should be using...

where i can find more publication designs for ms publisher 2003?
i want to create a web site so i need more templates Amey Jahagirdar wrote: > i want to create a web site so i need more templates Make up your own designs. Better watch out Erika, you're starting to sound like me. Next thing you know, you'll be telling people that they should start with blank documents and use some creativity regardless of the end product. ;-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Erika Katz" <erikakatz@mail.com> wrote in message news:O5NWg.14524$YO.150@tornado...

Project data and time imported into Excel
Hi I am exporting date fields from Microsoft Project into Excel, the problem I am having is finding a way of getting rid of the time portion as it is interferring with the calculation. I understand that a date and time is stored as a double, the integer part is the date and the decimal part is the time. I would like to easily remove the decimal part of the imported part. Any help would be good. thanks daryl You might want to split the time and date into two separate columns. If your date/time is in A1, you can split them like this: B1: =INT(A1) C1: =MOD(A1,1) Format the cell...

Linking Access data to Excel
Hi folks, I have an Access 2000 database and need to use output from queries to populate worksheets in Excel (also 2000), to allow me to then carry out calculations on the data. I need to be able to overwrite the data, so built the spreadsheet formatting around the query output structure, and put all calculations in place, before creating links to the queries - I did this by selecting the query in Access, copying using Copy, then switching into Excel and creating links via Edit>Paste Special>Paste links. I initially built an empty database, i.e. built the structure, based on an...

Fore Color Field Problem
Hi I have problem with fields from the main form that thier value is from a subform query subtotal result - after the main form is open I changed the fore color to red and I saw that with the debugger but when I open the main form I see that the fore color of the fields is black again. I don't know what is the cause for changing of the fields for color from red to black again. Can you please help me with that? Thanks On May 5, 2:31 pm, hmadyson <hmady...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I think that this is going to be tricky to solve without seeing your > application, ...

How to pick a biggest data from a group of data? #3
I'v tried almost all the formats in Excel,but can't change them. any other idea? some of date are in attachment,please have a try -- yoyo200 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- yoyo2000's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1548 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27212 I'm not sure I understand the question. If you are seeking the largest number in a row or culumn highlight the data and choose sort from the Data pull down menu. Follow the prompts in the dialog box....