Filtering a subform ( command button )

Hi:

I am using Access 2003 and have a form ( Form00 ) that is just plain old
blank.  On that form I have a subform ( Form99 ) that lists the required
information from a query.  What I really need to speed things up is about 10
filters.  What would be perfect would be 10 command buttons each with there
own filter.  This way, I can hit the command filter and get the records
quick and easy.  Problem is that I can't get it to work for the subform.

Can anyone help me with this please.

TIA

0
John

Consider doing it this way ----

Base Form99 on a query. Look up QueryDef in the Help file. QueryDef will
allow you to modify the Where clause of your query anyway you want. You set
up an unbound option group on your form with ten options for the ten subsets
of data you want to produce. Then use a Select Case routine in the Option
Group's AfterUpdate event to modify the Where clause in the query's SQL
according to the option that is selected.

PC Datasheet
Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word
Applications
resource@pcdatasheet.com

"John Smith" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> I am using Access 2003 and have a form ( Form00 ) that is just plain old
> blank.  On that form I have a subform ( Form99 ) that lists the required
> information from a query.  What I really need to speed things up is about
> 10 filters.  What would be perfect would be 10 command buttons each with
> there own filter.  This way, I can hit the command filter and get the
> records quick and easy.  Problem is that I can't get it to work for the
> subform.
>
> Can anyone help me with this please.
>

> TIA

0
Steve
9/15/2007 8:32:07 PM
" Steve" <sorry@private.emailaddress> schreef in bericht =
> Consider doing it this way ----
>=20

Consider stopping advertising...
-=20
Hey Steve!! We don't need you here !!
Hey Steve!! We don't want you here !!

This is to inform 'newbees' here about PCD' Steve:
http://home.tiscali.nl/arracom/whoissteve.html      (updated, mainly the =
'abuse-reporting' page...)
Until now 4150+ pageloads, 2600+ first-time visitors=20
(these figures are real and rapidly increasing)

Why is this ???
Because Steve is the ONLY person here who continues to advertise in the =
groups.

It is not relevant whether he advertised in *this* particular post or =
not...
=3D=3D> We want him to know that these groups are *not* his private =
hunting grounds!

For those who don't like too see all these messages:
=3D=3D> Simply killfile 'StopThisAdvertising'.=20
Newbees will still see this warning-message.

ArnoR

0
StopThisAdvertising

using sum button
I try pasting a bunch of numbers from a website into excel. Everything comes over fine, but when I try to sum the column using the sigma button, the result is just zero. Please help! I have a lot to sum. Thanks for your help. Adam sounds like the "numbers" are being pasted as text. That would probably be the case if trailing spaces are included in the copy. Regards Trevor "adam h" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a7601c3baac$b7e2c820$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I try pasting a bunch of numbers from a website into > excel. Ever...

Trouble with Filters on a large file
Have a huge file, 29000 rows with 6 columns. Ran a auto-filter but the filter stops at the "1001" row. Thought that I was quite familiar with auto-filters until this. Can anyone please help tell me what's worng or what I should do?? Thanks in Advance Michael Think 1000 is the limit for items to display in the autofilter droplist Try Debra Dalgleish's coverage on this at her page: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits for a possible workaround (Look under "Limits to Dropdown Lists") -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xd...

macro for auto filter
I have a macro for a form button on a sheet. It runs an auto filter, and works fine until i protect the sheet. Then it will not work. Will auto filter not work on a protected sheet?... I have changed the security settings to allow auto filter in the protection tab. Bris, You need to protect the sheet via code and enable AutoFilter. The enable Autofilter will not stay when the workbook is closed and reopened so you'll have to insure that the code runs whenever the workbook opens. Here's some sample code (modify to suit): Sub Auto_Open() With Worksheets("Sheet1") ..Protect...

Is it OK to filter *@*.jp, *@*.uk, *@*.ru
I am running exchange 2000 and want to block over seas addresses since we do not get any legitamate emails from any emails that end with .jp, uk, or .ru I am concerned if I add the filert using "*@*.jp", "*@*.uk", or "*@*.ru" that emails that real emails might get blocked (IE if there was an email from psmith@somewhere.jpllc.com). Would the "*@*.jp" filter block psmith@somewhere.jpllc.com? On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 11:18:03 -0800, "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am running exchange 2000 and want to block over seas...

Filter eliminating records without and detail records
I need a filter to be able to hide records that don't have any records in the detail form. My example is Member Master and Event Detail. If there is no data in the Event Detail, I need to hide that Member Master record. Change the Can Shrink property in the form to yes. "Jeannie" wrote: > I need a filter to be able to hide records that don't have any records in the > detail form. My example is Member Master and Event Detail. If there is no > data in the Event Detail, I need to hide that Member Master record. I think you have a main form bound to the [Memb...

Outlook's Junk e-mail filter relationship to Hotmail?
I was surprised to learn recently that Outlook's Junk e-mail feature controls junk mail routing on Hotmail's server when you use Outlook to access your Hotmail. It seems to even take precedence over exceptions you have set on Hotmail itself. I always assumed Outlook's (2003 SP1, latest filter) junk mail filtering strictly controlled what happened once the mail hit the *client*, but apparently not in this case. The end result is that you pretty much have to create exceptions on both the client and the server in order to prevent certain mails from winding up in Hotmail's J...

Hide the Help button from Propertysheet dialog
Hello, Could you tell me, how can I hide the Help button from Propertysheet dialog in the wizard mode? I want to appeare just Back, Next, Cancel and Finish button in the dialog. I don't need to the Help button. By the way, PropertySheet.m_psh.dwFlags &= ~PSH_HASHELP; doesn't work. Thank you so much, Monica. Hello Monica, > By the way, PropertySheet.m_psh.dwFlags &= ~PSH_HASHELP; doesn't work. This should work. You need to remove it from each of the property pages as well. Here is the link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccor...

Bug in Advanced filter
I think I have discovered a bug in the way Advanced Filter filters out duplicates. When I perform this function and have the results pasted to another location (or new worksheet) if the first 2 rows are duplicate they are treated as not being duplicate. That is, it lists the first 2 rows in the target location even though they are duplicate. It seems to work fine for other rows. It is not a bug. Excel treats the top value as a Title/list header unless you tell it not to. So.......you get Cat as Title and Cat as first unique in the list below. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP ...

Spam filter for accounts
Hi, I've configured my Windows Live Hotmail account to receive mails from other POP3 accounts. These messages are saved into specific folders, e.g. "address@mail.com". It looks like the spam filters of both Hotmail itself and of the Windows Live Mail application don't check these folders, but they care only about the "Inbox" folder. Is there a way to have a spam filter also for these messages? Thanks John Did you turn on the SPAM filtering at the web access for those email accounts? "John Skandar" <JohnSkandar@discussions.mi...

Error in filed on subform
I designed a form with record source a table containing among them the numeric (long integer) field ContactID. I added the field to the form using the field List (drag and drop). The field gives me the value #Name? when shown in the form. All other fields in the form are displayed correct. I checked and double checked if the name of the field is not misspelled but as I used drag and drop from the field list, what can go wrong here? When I invoke the Query Builder and look at ContactID, it is shown normally and has normal values. The form is used as a sub form but does not have Linked Chi...

Changing a control on a subform?
I am trying to turn some controls in a subform on or off by using a check box on the main form, can�t get it to work Here is the code on the check box click event Private Sub ckShowAWIPrice_Click() If Me.ckShowAWIPrice = -1 Then Me!frmDataSubform.Form!txtStandardBond.Visible = True Me!frmDataSubform.Form!txtStandardNet.Visible = False End If End Sub i'm guessing that "frmDataSubform" is the name of the form (that you're using as a subform) as it shows in the database window. is it also the name of the *subform control within the main form*? your expression has ...

Command Button code
Good evening all I am after some simple code to apply to a CommandButton1_Click(), where when the button is clicked, today's date is inserted into the active cell. (Though I do require this date to then be fixed, and not change the following day) Any help most appreciated. Thank you Mathew --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.551 / Virus Database: 343 - Release Date: 11/12/2003 Mathew here is one way Selection = Date -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to...

Advanced Filter Case Sensitive
Hi, Is there any way to make an advanced filter case sensitive? For example, I want to type DOG in the criteria range and run the filter and only pull records that are DOG, not dog. Thanks very much. In the criteria area, leave the heading cell blank In the cell below, enter a formula that refers to the first row of data. For example: =EXACT(D2,"DOG") Joseph S Johnson wrote: > Hi, Is there any way to make an advanced filter case > sensitive? For example, I want to type DOG in the criteria > range and run the filter and only pull records that are > DOG, not dog. ...

Filter and sort
Suppose I filter a list and then sort the items of 1 column.Can I undo the sort later . vaa Did you try it? On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 21:51:22 +0300, "afdmello" <janrich@anywhere.com> wrote: >Suppose I filter a list and then sort the items of 1 column.Can I undo the >sort later . > >vaa > ...

click on page form tab to filter subform
I have page tab with following names: Flat Rate, Global Rate, MSRP Rate. I would like to have subform only show the rates for each page tab. How do I go about doing this. I am new to VBA and from reading all the threads, I can't seem to find the one that fits my exact need. Please explain step-by-step since I am new. Let me know if I need to provide more details. Thank you. Hi Kris Presumably you have a field in the RecordSource of your subform that contains one of the three values (Flat Rate, Global Rate, MSRP Rate) or some other text or code that corresponds to these values....

background commands running in Excel?
I have created a new spreadsheet for some reporting that involves many charts that feed off one worksheet within the workbook. Every time that I open the workbook, the chart tab names are reset to "chart 1" "chart 2" etc. Also, even if I open the workbook and immediately close it, it asks if I want to save changes. The file is NOT linked to any external files. Is there any way that I can see the internal processes occuring that are changing these tab names and triggering the "save changes" command? Do you have an VBA code running in the workboo...

Toggling "Shutter Bar Open/Close Button"
I would like to expand and contract "Shutter Bar Open/Close Button" inside a module. However, I haven't figured out what method or code is needed in order to manipulate it. I would also like to be able to expand or contract features on the Shutter bar (Navigation Bar) like Forms, Queries, etc. Any ideas? ...

Command Bar Creation
I have search on old posts on this topic and there are a lot of information but maybe I need more basics on this... I have tried several of the options but can not make appear any new command on my excel file command bar... I have Excel 2002.... I copied below code from "Roman" from a post back in 2005 but not working for me.... maybe I am not loading it in the right place... I try a module, I try in Private Sub Workbook_Open(), and try whatever but not luck :( Need help to create a new menu on my command bar that will work just with a specific file... Appreciat...

Radio Button
I have a form someone created in Excel and somehow three buttons are linked together so that if I click on one, it selects the one I click on and clears one selected before. Is there a way to have it clear the button that was selected if I click on the same button again. As it is, I cannot clear all the buttons once a button is selected. Hi This is what radiobuttons (option buttons) are for. Either Male or Female, no None or Both or Not sure yet or Refuse to answer. For independent choices (Vegetarian, Blonde, Plays guitar, ... ) use checkboxes. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Debb...

Setting a parent form value based on a subform entry
Hi all, I have a parent/child form setup, where selecting a value from a bound combobox within the subform datasheet should override another bound combobox in the parent. All of the AfterUpdate code worked fine in an Access 2003 MDB format, but when I try the same thing in an Access 2003 ADP project, I get the Jet error 7787 and the changes get flushed when the record gets refreshed. The parent form field isn't 100% dependent on the selection in the subform - it just forces the overwrite to begin with, and then the user is free to change it afterwards. Is there no way...

Linking a Combo box to variable SQL query in subform
I am in the process of creating a relatively small D'Base that will monitor employee competency. There are several tables and relationships within this, but I don't consider this to be a big project (although my first post-graduation in the real world). I have configured the records to be spread over two tables. One is the tbl_ReviewHearder (containing employee info', review date), the second, tbl_ReviewContent contains the competency information. This is based on a 1-many relationship (1 header, lots of content) I have written VB to filter the combo boxes, but I am having ...

Enter button
I'd like to apply a method (search) on pressing the enter key, on an embedded dialog. I've implemented the afx_msg void OnAccelReturn() method, and it works well in some context. In another context, nothing happens when the enter key is pressed. I've also tried to set the focus on the search-button and to declare the search-button as the default-button, but I didn't help to fix the problem. Maybe it has something to do, whether the outer-dialog is a modal one or not. If anyone could give me any hints, why the key doesn't work would be much appreciated. On May 2, 4:21...

start button disabled in xp
when i click on my start button nothing happens. this is since my last windows update. the problem is that i have no my computer icon on my desktop, so i can't get in to defrag my hard drive, and also since i can not get anything out of the start button, i now can not get into my control panel. PLEASE HELP! Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Returning Custom Exception Messages from Stored Procedure Calls http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/46774bc1-ce2f-4638-9305-97f4faa2821d/returning-custom-exceptio.aspx Em Segunda 18 Janeiro 2010 23:22, ann...

Advanced filtering #4
I have built a relativel simple spreadsheet that includes an advance filtering function. The Criteria range evaluates from a formula; specifically, it allow the user to choose from a list of acceptable values (i.e.- a drop-dw list), and the result is placed in a criteria field. The Database Range is a list of 152 rows that get evaluated an filtered. The problem I am having is that when I add additional row to the Database Range, they do not get included in the filtere results. I have no idea what is going on here, and I need help. I have been careful to redefine the Database Range t...

docmd.openform: Filter being ignored
Hi All, I have a form which the user is able to select a customer, once seletected a second form is presented which will enable the user to update the customer contact details. The second form is to be restricted to the required customer by using the filter parameter of the docmd.openform command; DoCmd.OpenForm "frmCustomer", acNormal, , """ID = " & Me! [frmRenewalLettersByDate subform]!CustID & """", acFormEdit, acDialog However, the filter is being ignored and regardless of which customer is selected, another customers details a...