filter report from listbox without having to select any

I have a listbox which dynamically shows records when i enter criteria in a
texbox
using the textbox's on change event
After that i want like to be able to filter a report based on the records
that are currently displayed in the listbox without having to select any.
Just the ones i can see at the moment. I allready have the code which gives
me the ones that are selected and i need to modify it in case i dont select
anything
Code below------
Private Sub Command22_Click()
Dim strWhere As String, varitem As Variant
For Each varitem In Me.List0.ItemsSelected
strWhere = strWhere & Me.List0.Column(0, varitem) & ","
Next varitem
strWhere = "[ID] IN (" & strWhere & ")"
DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportList", acViewPreview, , strWhere
end sub

Use the ItemData property.  It is a collection of all rows in the list box:

Dim lngX as Long

    For lngX = 0 to Me.List0.ListCount - 1
        strWhere = strWhere & Me.List0.Column(0, lngX) & ","
    Next lngX

Now, as to using the Change event of the text box.  Move the code to the
after update event.  The change event fires for every keystroke, so you are
doing a lot of extra work that will only slow down your app with all the
extra database hits.
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"Panos" wrote:

> I have a listbox which dynamically shows records when i enter criteria in a
> texbox
> using the textbox's on change event
> After that i want like to be able to filter a report based on the records
> that are currently displayed in the listbox without having to select any.
> Just the ones i can see at the moment. I allready have the code which gives
> me the ones that are selected and i need to modify it in case i dont select
> anything
> Code below------
> Private Sub Command22_Click()
> Dim strWhere As String, varitem As Variant
> For Each varitem In Me.List0.ItemsSelected
> strWhere = strWhere & Me.List0.Column(0, varitem) & ","
> Next varitem
> strWhere = "[ID] IN (" & strWhere & ")"
> DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportList", acViewPreview, , strWhere
> end sub
Well the code seems to work but it outputs the total number of records
What i need is the report to show only records that are filtered in the
listbox,
(after using the on change or the afterupdate event of the text box ) and
without having to select any record.
i should have mentioned that this happens when i click  a "Print" button in
the form
so i am figuring that the code will go to the on click event of this button.
Sorry maybe i didn't get something right..........

Panos--

"Klatuu" wrote:

> Use the ItemData property.  It is a collection of all rows in the list box:
>
> Dim lngX as Long
>
>     For lngX = 0 to Me.List0.ListCount - 1
>         strWhere = strWhere & Me.List0.Column(0, lngX) & ","
>     Next lngX
>
> Now, as to using the Change event of the text box.  Move the code to the
> after update event.  The change event fires for every keystroke, so you are
> doing a lot of extra work that will only slow down your app with all the
> extra database hits.
> --
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "Panos" wrote:
>
> > I have a listbox which dynamically shows records when i enter criteria in a
> > texbox
> > using the textbox's on change event
> > After that i want like to be able to filter a report based on the records
> > that are currently displayed in the listbox without having to select any.
> > Just the ones i can see at the moment. I allready have the code which gives
> > me the ones that are selected and i need to modify it in case i dont select
> > anything
> > Code below------
> > Private Sub Command22_Click()
> > Dim strWhere As String, varitem As Variant
> > For Each varitem In Me.List0.ItemsSelected
> > strWhere = strWhere & Me.List0.Column(0, varitem) & ","
> > Next varitem
> > strWhere = "[ID] IN (" & strWhere & ")"
> > DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportList", acViewPreview, , strWhere
> > end sub
I guess you are going to have to better define what you want to get from the
list box.  The code I posted will include all records in the list.  What do
you mean by "filtered in the list box"?

Yes, the code could go in the click event of a command button.
--

"Panos" wrote:

> Well the code seems to work but it outputs the total number of records
> What i need is the report to show only records that are filtered in the
> listbox,
> (after using the on change or the afterupdate event of the text box ) and
> without having to select any record.
> i should have mentioned that this happens when i click  a "Print" button in
> the form
> so i am figuring that the code will go to the on click event of this button.
> Sorry maybe i didn't get something right..........
>
> Panos--
>

> "Klatuu" wrote:
>
> > Use the ItemData property.  It is a collection of all rows in the list box:
> >
> > Dim lngX as Long
> >
> >     For lngX = 0 to Me.List0.ListCount - 1
> >         strWhere = strWhere & Me.List0.Column(0, lngX) & ","
> >     Next lngX
> >
> > Now, as to using the Change event of the text box.  Move the code to the
> > after update event.  The change event fires for every keystroke, so you are
> > doing a lot of extra work that will only slow down your app with all the
> > extra database hits.
> > --
> > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "Panos" wrote:
> >
> > > I have a listbox which dynamically shows records when i enter criteria in a
> > > texbox
> > > using the textbox's on change event
> > > After that i want like to be able to filter a report based on the records
> > > that are currently displayed in the listbox without having to select any.
> > > Just the ones i can see at the moment. I allready have the code which gives
> > > me the ones that are selected and i need to modify it in case i dont select
> > > anything
> > > Code below------
> > > Private Sub Command22_Click()
> > > Dim strWhere As String, varitem As Variant
> > > For Each varitem In Me.List0.ItemsSelected
> > > strWhere = strWhere & Me.List0.Column(0, varitem) & ","
> > > Next varitem
> > > strWhere = "[ID] IN (" & strWhere & ")"
> > > DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportList", acViewPreview, , strWhere
> > > end sub
OK here's the deal
-I enter criteria in a text box
-this text box requeries a multiselect list box as i enter text using the on
change event (or the after update for better perfomance)
-after that i have certain records that are currently displayed in the list
box
i want those records to output to a report when i click the "Print" cmdbutton
So far i have it and it works just fine
The problem is that i must select the records in the listbox so that they
come up in the report
Is it possible that the print button outputs the records currently displayed
without having to select them

Need to modify code below---------

Private Sub cmdPrint_Click()
Dim strWhere As String, varitem As Variant
For Each varitem In Me.List0.ItemsSelected
strWhere = strWhere & Me.List0.Column(0, varitem) & ","
Next varitem
strWhere = "[ID] IN (" & strWhere & ")"
DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportList", acViewPreview, , strWhere
end sub

Thank you for your time......
Panos

=?Utf-8?B?UGFub3M=?= <Panos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> OK here's the deal
> -I enter criteria in a text box
> -this text box requeries a multiselect list box as i enter text
> using the on change event (or the after update for better
> perfomance) -after that i have certain records that are currently
> displayed in the list box
> i want those records to output to a report when i click the
> "Print" cmdbutton So far i have it and it works just fine
> The problem is that i must select the records in the listbox so
> that they come up in the report
> Is it possible that the print button outputs the records currently
> displayed without having to select them
>
> Need to modify code below---------
>
> Private Sub cmdPrint_Click()
> Dim strWhere As String, varitem As Variant
> For Each varitem In Me.List0.ItemsSelected
> strWhere = strWhere & Me.List0.Column(0, varitem) & ","
> Next varitem
> strWhere = "[ID] IN (" & strWhere & ")"
> DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportList", acViewPreview, , strWhere
> end sub
>
> Thank you for your time......
> Panos

how about
Private Sub cmdPrint_Click()
Dim strwhere As String, varitem As Variant
If Me.List0.ItemsSelected.Count = 0 Then
    For varitm = 0 To Me.List0.ListCount - 1
        strwhere = strwhere & Me.List0.Column(0, varitem) & ","
    Next itm
Else
    For Each varitem In Me.List0.ItemsSelected
        strwhere = strwhere & Me.List0.Column(0, varitem) & ","
    Next varitem
End If
strwhere = "[ID] IN (" & strwhere & ")"
DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportList", acViewPreview, , strwhere

End Sub

--
Bob Quintal

PA is y I've altered my email address.

Bob
2/5/2008 1:45:55 AM
It still outputs the total number of records not just the ones currently
displayed
..........can't figure it out
Guess i'm going to have to work with selecting the records
It's not a big deal after all

"Bob Quintal" wrote:

> =?Utf-8?B?UGFub3M=?= <Panos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>
> > OK here's the deal
> > -I enter criteria in a text box
> > -this text box requeries a multiselect list box as i enter text
> > using the on change event (or the after update for better
> > perfomance) -after that i have certain records that are currently
> > displayed in the list box
> > i want those records to output to a report when i click the
> > "Print" cmdbutton So far i have it and it works just fine
> > The problem is that i must select the records in the listbox so
> > that they come up in the report
> > Is it possible that the print button outputs the records currently
> > displayed without having to select them
> >
> > Need to modify code below---------
> >
> > Private Sub cmdPrint_Click()
> > Dim strWhere As String, varitem As Variant
> > For Each varitem In Me.List0.ItemsSelected
> > strWhere = strWhere & Me.List0.Column(0, varitem) & ","
> > Next varitem
> > strWhere = "[ID] IN (" & strWhere & ")"
> > DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportList", acViewPreview, , strWhere
> > end sub
> >
> > Thank you for your time......
> > Panos
>
> how about
> Private Sub cmdPrint_Click()
> Dim strwhere As String, varitem As Variant
> If Me.List0.ItemsSelected.Count = 0 Then
>     For varitm = 0 To Me.List0.ListCount - 1
>         strwhere = strwhere & Me.List0.Column(0, varitem) & ","
>     Next itm
> Else
>     For Each varitem In Me.List0.ItemsSelected
>         strwhere = strwhere & Me.List0.Column(0, varitem) & ","
>     Next varitem
> End If
> strwhere = "[ID] IN (" & strwhere & ")"
> DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportList", acViewPreview, , strwhere
>
> End Sub
>
> --
> Bob Quintal
>
> PA is y I've altered my email address.

You are still trying to use the ItemsSelected collection.  That is not
correct.  In my original post, I used the ItemData collection.  That includes
all rows in the list box regardless of whether they are selected or not.

Private Sub cmdPrint_Click()
Dim strWhere As String
Dim lngX as Long

    For lngX = 0 to Me.List0.ListCount - 1
        strWhere = strWhere & Me.List0.Column(0, lngX) & ","
    Next lngX
    strWhere = Left(strWhere,Len(strWhere) -1)
    strWhere = "[ID] IN (" & strWhere & ")"
    DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportList", acViewPreview, , strWhere
end sub

If this doesn't work, then there is some other problem we are not seeing.

--

"Panos" wrote:

> It still outputs the total number of records not just the ones currently
> displayed
> .........can't figure it out
> Guess i'm going to have to work with selecting the records
> It's not a big deal after all
>
> "Bob Quintal" wrote:
>
> > =?Utf-8?B?UGFub3M=?= <Panos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >
> > > OK here's the deal
> > > -I enter criteria in a text box
> > > -this text box requeries a multiselect list box as i enter text
> > > using the on change event (or the after update for better
> > > perfomance) -after that i have certain records that are currently
> > > displayed in the list box
> > > i want those records to output to a report when i click the
> > > "Print" cmdbutton So far i have it and it works just fine
> > > The problem is that i must select the records in the listbox so
> > > that they come up in the report
> > > Is it possible that the print button outputs the records currently
> > > displayed without having to select them
> > >
> > > Need to modify code below---------
> > >
> > > Private Sub cmdPrint_Click()
> > > Dim strWhere As String, varitem As Variant
> > > For Each varitem In Me.List0.ItemsSelected
> > > strWhere = strWhere & Me.List0.Column(0, varitem) & ","
> > > Next varitem
> > > strWhere = "[ID] IN (" & strWhere & ")"
> > > DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportList", acViewPreview, , strWhere
> > > end sub
> > >
> > > Thank you for your time......
> > > Panos
> >
> > how about
> > Private Sub cmdPrint_Click()
> > Dim strwhere As String, varitem As Variant
> > If Me.List0.ItemsSelected.Count = 0 Then
> >     For varitm = 0 To Me.List0.ListCount - 1
> >         strwhere = strwhere & Me.List0.Column(0, varitem) & ","
> >     Next itm
> > Else
> >     For Each varitem In Me.List0.ItemsSelected
> >         strwhere = strwhere & Me.List0.Column(0, varitem) & ","
> >     Next varitem
> > End If
> > strwhere = "[ID] IN (" & strwhere & ")"
> > DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportList", acViewPreview, , strwhere
> >
> > End Sub
> >
> > --
> > Bob Quintal
> >
> > PA is y I've altered my email address.
> >
> > --

Parameter query in Access 2003 report
I want to create a parameter query that asks the user to select one, many, or all values from a field when opening a report. I would like the selection to be available from a list, radio box, or pull down menu to minimize spelling errors, etc. Unfortunately the list is of names which number about 100. Can this be done? If so, could someone please point me to the help pages that describe this process? My solution seems clunky but it is the only way I can see how to do it. Any suggestions as to how else might I best approach this? Thanks in advance Debbie See my sample database that shows ...

User Frequency Report
Is there a way to get a user frequency report in Exchange 2000? I need to determine what users are not using their email to be disabled. Thanks! ...

How do I identify Filter criteria or variable graph title?
I have a graph at the top of a sheet. In line 20 starts data with a filter on the data elements. When I set a filter on A20, the data below is filtered and the graph above is changed. However, I want the graph title to reflect the filter selection criteria. Is this possible? ...

selecting rows using a variable
I am using excel 2003 and I need to select rows using a variable. Here is what I have now: Dim name As String name = Range("e800") ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("individual stats").Range("a1:a1540").Select Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = True Dim Start As Integer Dim finish As Integer Start = Application.WorksheetFunction.Lookup(name, Range("Q800:Q881"), Range("t800:t881")) finish = Application.WorksheetFunction.Lookup(name, Range("Q800:Q881"), Range("u800:u881")) ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("individual stats&q...

select and delete all blank rows
I could save a lot of time if I knew how to select and delete all blank rows from a document, and also separate things. An example of separating things would be a list contains fruits, vegetables and meat. I could separate all the fruits from the list easily. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then clic...

Report filter question
Hi, I've done filters many times before, but something is not right and I can not see it. My report is running of a query which has NO selection criteria in it. It is just a logical view of a table. I have the following code in my report (it is hard coded only because I'm trying to debug the code": Me.Filter = "(((tblMailingList.MemType)='MT-S'))" Me.FilterOn = True I know that the filter code is correct because I went into design query and put MT-S for the Criteria in the field MemType and view the resulting SQL cod...

Pivot Table Report: Getting average of difference of two date columns
Hello I have data in excel sheet as: WORK_ID PROJECT START_DT END_DT 1001 P1 1/1/2006 1/10/2006 1002 P1 1/25/2006 2/20/2006 1003 P1 3/15/2006 3/20/2006 I want to have a report that will give me average time taken to finish a work in a project. That is, I have to take average of (end_dt - start_dt) for a project group. How do I do this in a pivot table report. When I use a calculate field to get the days worked for a work_id using DATEDIF(START_DT, END_DT, "D") then excel computes only sum on that (pivot table report ...

Trouble with Filters on a large file
Have a huge file, 29000 rows with 6 columns. Ran a auto-filter but the filter stops at the "1001" row. Thought that I was quite familiar with auto-filters until this. Can anyone please help tell me what's worng or what I should do?? Thanks in Advance Michael Think 1000 is the limit for items to display in the autofilter droplist Try Debra Dalgleish's coverage on this at her page: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits for a possible workaround (Look under "Limits to Dropdown Lists") -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xd...

Access 2007 ControlSource code in Report causing shut down
The following code worked successfully in Access 2002 & 2003 but for some reason, the lines that contain ControlSource are causing Access 2007 to shut down and error out. Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. In short, I’m using a combo box on a form “ReportCenter” to change the GroupLevel and textbox values on a report. If I comment out the lines with ControlSource the code runs successfully, if any one of them are uncommented, Access 2007 shuts down and restarts. 'Group 1 If Forms![ReportCenter]!T2GroupCheck1 = True And Forms![ReportCenter]!T2GroupDescendC...

Signature Button / Selection Option
In my old windows Outlook program Windows 98 I was able to select or set up e-mail for a variety of signatures from the toolbar. It appears that XP either does not offer this option or I can't locate it. Mike <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In my old windows Outlook program Windows 98 I was able > to select or set up e-mail for a variety of signatures > from the toolbar. It appears that XP either does not > offer this option or I can't locate it. What version of Outlook are you using now? -- Brian Tillman ...

Selecting a named range, the name of the named range is in a cell
What i want to do is the following : I have a cell which i have named "ExtraRisk". This cell contains text : example "Electricity", which is also the name of a range. Now i want to select this named range "Electricity" & copy the range How do i do this. What i have so far is : Sub Risicos_toevoegen() ..... Sheets("MASTER").Select 'I'm stuck here.... Application.Goto Reference:="ExtraRisk" 'I do not want to copy the named range "ExtraRisk", but i want to copy the named range where the va...

HOW DO I autofill when filtering...
Hi, when i do autofilter. i want to autofill only does cells that are visible. however when i autofill, it also fills in the filtered cells. thanks : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You have to use copy/paste Copy a cell Select an area Edit/Goto/special/visible cells Past -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com sokevin After you have your autofilter on, Edit>Go To>Special> "Visible cells only". With these cells selected try your Autofill. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 22:56:14 -0500, sokevin <<sokevin.14seno@excelforu...

tax software report
I forgot to say that I am working with Money 2002. I did override of Money calculated in Tax Estimator. Then Tax Software Report would not load. I did a restore backup of Money 2002 and got message that because changes to tax were saved I would have to manually restore Tax Software Report. I can find no information in help in Money as to how you manually restore Tax Software Report. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. With all of the problems I have had with Money 2002 over the years, I am afraid to spend money on the Money 2004. Will upgrading be a wise investment? Thanks...

Split Form with need to Provide Selection List
We have an Access 2007 application that has a split form (built on Table-1). We now need to add some type of facility that will allow our users to view data from Table-2 (while working on the Split form based on Table-1). They will then select one row from Table-2 which will contain 6 fields which we need to plug into Table-1. We are still fairly new to Access and we are not sure of the best way to accomplish this task. Thank You, Brad ...

Crytal reports error in 1.0
Hi, I installed CRM 1.0 on a new server (W2K Enterprise) and I get the following error when trying to access a sales report. Any ideas??? File Repository Server Input is down. [On Cache/Page Server: SHEFFIELD.pageserver] I can confirm that Crystal Input File Repository service (along with all other Crystal services) is running. I could find no reference to this error in PartnerSource. Thanks, Lindsay. ...

Problems with Historical Aged Trial Balance Report
I want to use this report in Reports>Sales>Trial Balance After I configured it but there are some customer that appear with the data in the wrong column (current/0-30 days) according their payment’s form. Thank in advance, Jose G. Jose, Could you provide more infomation? What data appears in the wrong column, invoices? credit memos? Also, what payment methods are you referring to? How are they setup? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "jose garcia" wrote: > I want to use this repo...

VENDOR CHECK REGISTER REPORT
Can anyone tell me where to find this report Brian, There is no separate Vendor check register report. You can always take the payment register for vendors by going to Smartlist, Payables Transactions, Apply filter to return those transactions by document type - Payments, you'll get the vendor payments alone. You can further apply date filters and checkbook filters to take the payments by date, by bank. You can then save it as Favorite, so everytime you need not modify the same. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Brian" wrote: > Can a...

Rules and filters.txt
1) If filters.txt is really just a readme file to demo what Outlook is doing, where are the actual entries stored in Outlook 2002 ? In a text file, like "Junk Senders.txt" ? Or the Registry ? I can see it is the outlfltr.dat for 2003. But where is it in Outlook 2002 ? 2) These 3 rules fall into 2 Types: - Content: Adult Content Rule, Junk E-Mail Rule - Exceptions: Exception List I'm having difficulty interpreting the implementation of the "Exceptions List" rule. If it represents the exceptions to who or what may use junk or adult criteria, th...

Filtered list & maximum no columns problem
Hi I have a filtered list with a considerable amount of associated data, which I am performing calculations on. I have run out of columns for this data. It is not practical to split the data into other sheets, as I am making frequent changes to the filter criteria. Any suggestions? Bertie -- claytorm ------------------------------------------------------------------------ claytorm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11610 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=398516 ...

Filtering rows with tracked changes
Hi I am trying to work out how to filter the rows that have been updated over a period of a couple of days. I understand that you can highlight records with tracked changes in a certain time period � but I would like to be able to just have those rows that have highlighted cells to look at. Any ideas out there? You can list changes on a new sheet but it doesn't allow you to see the whole row. Cheers, Mike P.s � is it possible to highlight changes between dates � I can only see highlighting changes since � ...

error in reporting service
when i restart the crm server the crysatl APS service allows stop and it must be started manualy in the event vewier i found tis errore after restarting the crm server source: Crystal_CrystalAPS event id : 35101 The root server reported an error Initialization Failure. (Reason: Unable to connect to the database using the provided connection string. Reason: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database requested in login 'Adventure_Works_Cycle_CRMCRYSTAL'. Login fails.). do you have an idea thanx Are CRM and SQL installed on the same box? If so, my gue...

reporting a/c adjustments
I am using Money 2000. When I update the balance of my loan accounts I assign a category for the adjustment, but the adjustments do not show up in my reports. Any suggestions? ...

non delivery reports
I have upgraded a server from server 2003 to SBS 2003. I have installed and configured exchange and all seems to be working ok. The problem I am having is I cannot get a copy of Non-Delivery Reports to be copied to any of my users mailboxes (I have tried them all I have also creating aliases but still no joy) upon further investigation I discovered that is I un-tick allow non delivery reports under Internet Message Formats, Default, Advanced, I will still get an NDR returned to sender. I have restarted Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine and SMTP services and also rebooted the server. I h...

Junk E-mail Filter #3
Hi there, I am running Exchange 2003 SP2. When I use Outlook 2003, go to tools, then options, then Junk E-Mail, I get a message that says "The Junk E-mail Filter is not available for your Microsoft Exchange Server e-mail account because you are working online. To enable the junk email filter for this account , switch to cached exchange mode." But is this true? It seems not - because I am getting Junk email in my Junk E-Mail folder courtesy of IMF. So what is this message telling me? And therefore, how do I go about getting the white & black lists going for individuals if...

Filter eliminating records without and detail records
I need a filter to be able to hide records that don't have any records in the detail form. My example is Member Master and Event Detail. If there is no data in the Event Detail, I need to hide that Member Master record. Change the Can Shrink property in the form to yes. "Jeannie" wrote: > I need a filter to be able to hide records that don't have any records in the > detail form. My example is Member Master and Event Detail. If there is no > data in the Event Detail, I need to hide that Member Master record. I think you have a main form bound to the [Memb...