Filling More than one field a combobox selection

I have a simple Address Form   Suburb, State,  PostCode

Suburb is a combobox linked to a Post code table

What I would like to do is for the user to look up Suburb by typing into
the combo box and populate the state and postcode fields on selection.

Am I going about this the right way?
0
Avid

See www.allenbrowne.com. He has an excellent search function exactly like you
need.
--
Milton Purdy
ACCESS

On 16/03/2010 3:08 AM, golfinray wrote:
> See www.allenbrowne.com. He has an excellent search function exactly like you
> need.

Thanks very much for this.
0
Avid

Message From Field in Folder
When viewing the list of my new messages, is there a way to see the email address of the sender instead of the alias before I open it? In the From column I see "John". When I open the email I see "John <john@johnsemail.com>". I want to see the "john@johnsemail.com" before I open it so I can tell the difference between emails from "Microsoft Support <yourfu@edifyouopenedthis.com>" and "Microsoft Support <someguywhosreally@microsoft.com>" I am currently using outlook 2002 and 2003 alternately based on my mood. Mike If you ...

modify fields
Hi - just started using CRM and have several questions. 1. How do I modify the COUNTRY field? I want a user to be able to type in the name of the country and return and display the 2-letter country abbreviation? Do I have to build a new table for that or can I modify the country field as it is now? 2. How do I apply or change field rules such as case- convert, etc. for either existing fields or fields I create? Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give me. Cheers Ruthie I think the existing country field is a simple text field. You cannot out any logic behind these fields. One op...

Filling drop down box
hi, I have a drop down box in a cell. Based on a value of anohter cell I have to fill my drop down box. what i mean is, say if GreeNPackage is "No" then I want the drop down box to fill a range of values. But if the GreeNPackage is "Yes" then I want the drop down box to fill another set of values. how can i do this? plenty of thanks See reply in .Functions Biff >-----Original Message----- >hi, > >I have a drop down box in a cell. Based on a value of >anohter cell I have to fill my drop down box. what i mean >is, say if >GreeNPackage is ...

Application works on one PC but not on another with same OS?
Hi, My application works OK on my PC (Windows 2000, latest server pack) but not on my colleague's (same OS and SP). One difference is that I have the .NET IDE installed on my machine, and he doesn't. I used to have the same problem on my machine. An error was generated because (IIRC) I was using an MFC string comparison method on a char array. This worked in my debug config., but not in the release config. I replaced the code with a strcmp method, and that fixed it on my machine, but not on his. Is there something I should update in his Window's installation when I install the ap...

Checkbox event to control other checkbox selections
I have been working for a couple of hours now trying different ways to solve this problem and I'm out of ideas (or tired). :-/ Here's what I'm trying to do: On a form I have a section with six checkboxes that represent 6 different mailing lists an organization can subscribe to: MailList01, MailList02, etc. I have a seventh checkbox named MailListOmit for orgs that want to opt out of mailings. If MailListOmit is checked, when the user attempts to click any one of the MailList checkboxes, I want to return a dialog box that says, "This organization has chosen to not receive ma...

Select multiple adjacent cells of multiple cells without selecting
Select multiple adjacent cells of multiple cells without selecting adjacent cells one by one. those cells looks like; |adjacent cells |cells| |some characters | A | |some characters | B | |some characters | A | |some characters | A | |some characters | B | I am trying to select adjacent cells of A cells without selecting adjacent cells one by one. Thank you for your help. Adjacent in this case, means? If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgr...

Message Stuck in Outbox to Only One Particular Email Address
Hi: I have Outlook 2007 and have been using it for about 2 months or so. I have encountered a problem with sending emails. I have sent emails to a particular email address (WinTips-Tricks@yahoogroups.com ) and the emails get stuck in the outbox. The CPU usage is very high (about 76%) and the taskbar icon flashes furiously. If I look in the outbox, the email is also doing a staccato flash. At the bottom of Outlook the send says complete, yet the flashing taskbar icon, and flashing email in the outbox remain. After awhile (about 2-3 minutes) this stops, but the email remains in the outbox....

update worksheet in one file with worksheet in another file
I want to have one worksheet in one of my excel files (file 1) to reflect the contents of a worksheet in another file (file 2) every time it is opened (file 1), that is, everytime it is opened this one tab should reflect the last changes made on the tab in another file, including formating. I suspect this is possible but I don't have a clue how to do it. I have a few questions: Can this be done without VBA? (I'm not even a beginner with VBA!) I did search the web some and found the following that looks interesting: http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6230-0.html?forumID=101&threadI...

enter value based on drop down list of another field?
I have an excel 2003 spreadsheet with 3 worksheets. In sheet 1, I created a drop down list in column A based on values in sheet 3, column A (item number). Thisd data comes from sheet 3, where I have column A (Item #'s), column B (Item desc)an Column C (price) In column B of sheet 1, I have Item Descriptions and in column C I have price. I want this to automatically fill in based on what I enter in the column A sheet 1 and it should get the corresponding values from sheet 3 column B and C. I can make the drop down list in sheet 1 column B and C, but some of the descriptions need ...

How to share info from one file to another?
I am wondering how I can share something perhaps from a cell of "file 1 to "file 2." I am familiar with how to do it from worksheet t worksheet within a single file. From what I have heard I know that i can be done but both files have to be located in the same folder. Correct me if I am wrong and please tell me briefly how it can be done I appologize if this is a newbie question. Thanks Chip Carlto -- ChipCarlto ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ChipCarlton's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&useri...

Restrickting from field
Hi, When you create new email, you can click option and tick FROM field. It will be add FROM field and you can use address book to pick up any name. Are their any options or policy to restrict this function? Thanks Using Exchange server? This should not be possible by default - someone has changed the permissions. What version of Exchange? Follow the KB 262054 to see where permissions might be set - and remove groups that shouldn't be there. wschoi wrote: > Hi, > > When you create new email, you can click option and tick > FROM field. > > It will be add FROM f...

I'm looking for a community just like this one but for Entourge?
I need to lear how to import and what formats I can import into Microsoft Entourge. I'm hoping that at least someone can tell me of a community just like this one. Thank you. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage Gilbert wrote: > I need to lear how to import and what formats I can import into Microsoft > Entourge. I'm hoping that at least someone can tell me of a community just > like this one. Thank you. Thank you very much Bob. "Bob I" wrote: > http://www.micros...

DNS Question
Hello All, I am working with a customer that has 2 Small Biz servers in the same office. These are on 2 domains, but the same subnet. I am having trouble getting mail to route between the 2 domains. Each is Small Biz server 2003. Domain A has a public IP of 72.151.19.122 and an internal IP of 192.168.200.78. Domain B has a public IP of 72.151.19.123 and an internal IP of 192.168.200.250. We are using a Netgear firewall and inbound and outbound mail between each of these domains and the rest of the world works fine. They just can't seem to talk to each other. I would think this woul...

enter-key works with two inputboxes but not with olny one.
Hi, There is a form with two inputboxes and a submit button.The focus is on the first inputbox. When the user presses the enter-key without having entered some text, the javascript message "wrong text" appears. This works. But if i remove the second inputbox, leaving only the first inputbox and the submit button, pressing the enter-key without any text does not show the javascript message. Nothing happens. The focus remains in the inputbox. You can see the page is postbacked, but that's all. Why does it work with two inputboxes and not with one? And how to fix...

Automatic Data Entry Script OnChange Event for Date Field.
Hi, Sub: Automatic Data Entry Script OnChange Event for Date Field. has anyone assigned 'Today date'( new Date()) to a custom date filed on the form - OnChange of a Picklist field, I have the following code. DatefiledName.value = new Date(); This assigns, currect date to the field, but then when I save it does not like it. When I manually assign a date it displays in the format mm/dd/yyyy, and saves correctly, so I changed the script to: d= new Date(); s = d.(getMonth() +1); s += '/' + d.getDate(); s += '/' + d.getFullYear(); DatefiledName.value = s; This also acc...

Saving one page -- as Template?
Therre are several pages in a 40-page booklet I want to save to use in future editions. Is there a method to save these pages for re-us? Or must I save the entire publication as a Template? Can I copy single pages and paste in another .pub file? Save the entire document and delete out the pages you don't want. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "cuig" <cuig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16052168-6085-43D0-AD8B-2CF4839933FC@microsoft.com... > Therre are several pages in...

Data missing from enterprise custom task fields after migrating
We can see the enterprise task fields, but none of the data is displayed in files migrated from Project Server 2003 to 2007. Any ideas? -- michael Michael: What process did you follow for migration? -- Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com "michaelj" <notreallyme.com> wrote in message news:4BD612D9-D1AD-4FF8-B103-699AB1B54D06@microsoft.com... > We can see the enterprise task fields, but none of the data is displayed > in > fil...

Customized picklist fields are not showing up in the preview
hi, can you please help me out in the following situation: i have customized my crm 1.2 system in a huge manner. now all customized picklists do not show up in the preview of e.g. opportunity. opening such a related opportunity offers me the possibility to change the picklist field as wanted. note: all built-in picklist fields are showing up in the preview... tia -- Fritz Theiss Did you publish the customizations? And performed an IISReset? After those actions your changes should be visible. Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "Fritz" wrote: > hi,...

Removing the : in the coment field
When I insert a comment to a field a colon appears. I know this is meant for the user name to appear but I don't want that. In fact, I don't want the colon to appear. Currently I manually delete it from each comment I insert...is there a way to turn that feature off so I merely type in text without having that colon appear?...I am using Excel 2000 Thanks! Kathy You can use programming to insert comments with no user name. There is sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html Kathy wrote: > When I insert a comment to a field a colon appears. I know...

Win or Linux for Airlines? WHich one is better? Vacuum Power Of An Average Airplane Toilet
Seven years ago, the Poop Fetish community was embroiled in discussion about an unfortunate traveler who claimed she was vacuum-suctioned to an airplane toilet seat. Her claim was subsequently tested and disproven. But what was never in doubt was the suction power of an airplane toilet. AirTran Airlines has got some dude living on one of their planes for thirty days as some sort of PR stunt. No, he has NOT gotten stuck on an airline toilet. But he HAS provided an extremely visceral demonstration of just how powerfully these airplane toilets do, indeed, suck. Behold on YouTube; ...

Extracting a word from a long text field
I have a text field (up to 200 characters) and I need to extract a specific word. The text field name is "MEDICATIONS" and the word I need to extract which might appear anywhere in the field is 'VENOFER'. The word need to be entered in a separate field in a query. Could any one help as to how to enter the code in the query? Thanking you Leo In the criteria I entered Like "VENOFER" Or "Venofer" It seems to work. Will it cause any problems down the line? In other wrods is this an acceptable procedure? "Leo" wrote: >...

Calculating Date Fields
I have a document that is filled with FormFields and users go from field to field filling the fields for a final document. I have been reading up on 'calculated dates' but have not seen a scenario like this. Three of my formfields are "Date1", "Date2" and "Date180." What I am trying to figure out is how to evaluate/compare Date1 and Date2 to see which is the earliest and then provide in Date180 the date 180 days from the earliest date. (Unless the form is blank there will always be a Date1, but there may not be a Date2 and if Date2 exist...

Editing Password protected form fields in Word 2007
We have created a Word document with a legacy text form field. We inserted a word date field and protected the document allowing Filling in Forms. After protecting the document when we try going to the form field and clicking on back space to delete the entry we get "This is not a valid selection" message box. We have existing word documents in 2003 with similar form fields. We were able to delete the entries and add new data. After converting the documents to 2007 or create new documents in 2007 and try to delete the entries we get the above error. Hi Veera, ...

Link footer of one file to cells in another file
Is this possible? Only via code... Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With Me.Worksheets("sheet1") .PageSetup.CenterFooter = .Range("a1").Text End With End Sub If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm If you want to read more about these kinds of events: Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/events.htm David McRitchie's site: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm Laura wrote: > > Is this po...

IIF Query for Numeric Values in Text Field
I’m attempting to flag interest rate spread errors and omissions in a file from a sales database using IIF statements I adapted from another database (I’m a novice at this). The field I’m querying is text format and contains both alpha and numeric values. When I test for a null value the IIF works fine, but when I test for a numeric value I get an #ERROR. Spread Error1: IIf(([Tbl 1 Eligible Closed Deposit Opps Appended]!Spread Is Null),1,0) Spread Error2: IIf(([CCC Fall 2007 Eligible Products]![IB/NIB]="NIB" And [Tbl 1 Eligible Closed Deposit Opps Appended]!Spread<4),1,0...