Filling in data to the selected field

Hi everyone,

Initially I can work with the code below...
But I want some modifications.

Below is the output I want...J0001(OLD)  WHILE J0002 (NEW)

Before :-
 Bil (pk)      JobNumber      PartNumber         RequiredQty
KittedQty
1                 J0001                  A1                         1
1
2.               J0001                  B1                         8
6
3.               J0002                  B1                         8

After:-
 Bil (pk)      JobNumber      PartNumber         RequiredQty
KittedQty
1                 J0001                  A1                         1
1
2.               J0001                  B1                         8
6
3.               J0002                  B1                         8
[b]6[/b]

So, basically I just want to copy the KittedQty from the old to the new job
of kitted quantity if there is same partnumber exists in both job number...

In this case, I want to copy the kitted qty for PartNumber B1 (J0001) TO
JobNumberNew(J0002) TO Kitted Qty
and ignoring the A1....
Note: All of this data involve only 1 table

 [code]

EMILYTAN

EMILYTAN wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>Initially I can work with the code below...
>But I want some modifications.
>
>Below is the output I want...J0001(OLD)  WHILE J0002 (NEW)
>
>Before :-
> Bil (pk)      JobNumber      PartNumber         RequiredQty   KittedQty
>
>1                 J0001                  A1                         1              1
>
>2.               J0001                  B1                         8               6
>
>3.               J0002                  B1                         8
>
>After:-
> Bil (pk)      JobNumber      PartNumber         RequiredQty     KittedQty

>1                 J0001                  A1                         1                 1
>
>2.               J0001                  B1                         8                  6

>3.               J0002                  B1                         8               (6)

>So, basically I just want to copy the KittedQty from the old to the new job
>of kitted quantity if there is same partnumber exists in both job number...
>
>In this case, I want to copy the kitted qty for PartNumber B1 (J0001) TO
>JobNumberNew(J0002) TO Kitted Qty
>and ignoring the A1....
>Note: All of this data involve only 1 table
>
> [code]

EMILYTAN
6/5/2007 6:17:27 AM
Have you tried using an update query when a new record is entered?

"EMILYTAN via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Initially I can work with the code below...
> But I want some modifications.
>
> Below is the output I want...J0001(OLD)  WHILE J0002 (NEW)
>
> Before :-
>  Bil (pk)      JobNumber      PartNumber         RequiredQty
> KittedQty
> 1                 J0001                  A1                         1
> 1
> 2.               J0001                  B1                         8
> 6
> 3.               J0002                  B1                         8
>

> After:-
>  Bil (pk)      JobNumber      PartNumber         RequiredQty
> KittedQty
> 1                 J0001                  A1                         1
> 1
> 2.               J0001                  B1                         8
> 6
> 3.               J0002                  B1                         8
> [b]6[/b]
>
> So, basically I just want to copy the KittedQty from the old to the new job
> of kitted quantity if there is same partnumber exists in both job number...
>
> In this case, I want to copy the kitted qty for PartNumber B1 (J0001) TO
> JobNumberNew(J0002) TO Kitted Qty
> and ignoring the A1....
> Note: All of this data involve only 1 table
>
>  [code]

Nope...I dont have the idea of how to make it work...

Bill Hodgson wrote:
>Have you tried using an update query when a new record is entered?
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 31 lines]
>>
>>  [code]

EMILYTAN

Customizing Recipient Polices to filter for FROM email field?
I need to find a solution to a new policy that our Exchange server must follow. We currently run with an email retention limit of one year, no problem. Now I need to run an exception to that Policy where email from one particular user must be deleted from any mailbox if it's older than 14 days. I'm at a loss finding information that indicates this is even possible. Is it? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am running Exchange 2003 SP1 on Win2k3. Thanks, Mark ...

Passing data from one form to another

Ho to make one field required based on critera of another field?
I'm creating a form and need to make the "comments" field required if the "code" field is =>20. I appreciate suggestions! Deadline Monster is lurking! User enters the job processing endcode value (numeric) into the "code" field. If the endcode is =>20, comments are required. (P.S. I don't know VB) Thanks! Star You would put your validation code in the Form's BeforeUpdate event. If Me.EndCode >19 Then If Len(Me.Comments & "") = 0 Then MsgBox "Comments are required" Cancel = True End If End If ...

Constructing Hyperlink from the Database Record fields
I am working on a Windows XP environment using MS Office 2007 including Access 2007. I want to open a document from Access 2007 which I can easily do with Hyperlink type field. However since all the necessary information is already in the Database Record I try to avoid creating additional field which would be a Hyperlink type on the Form unless it is absolutely necessary. Below is the code that I have to construct the FullFileName which consisted of ServerName, Division, Unit, RequirementDirectory, FolderName and the FileName itself. As you can see the Database records has al...

Help ! formatting data to text

User Defined Required Fields
I have set several field on sub window Sales User-Defined Fields Entry of Sales Transaction Entry as "Required". If the user remembers to click User-Defined, then they become required. But if the user never clicks on User-Defined from Sales Transaction Entry, then they can still save the new document without the required fields entered. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this asside from continual user training? Your answer is VBA. You own Modifer, so you also have VBA enabled. You'll need to write VBA code to open the window (literally, push the button) then set th...

Field mapping for Opportunity Products
Why I can't add some field mapping for OpportunityProduct system relation with Opportunity? I need to know the default pricelist that was assigned for an Opportunity when I am at OpportunityProduct form. ...

Userform combobox matchrequired = True; error with no selection
I have a userform that includes a combobox which is optional for the user, but if they do use it, they have to select one of the three values provided (no creativity allowed). This works fine if the user ignores the field, or if they make a selection. They can even click the combobox 'arrow' to see the values and then click to another part of the form without making a selection. They can tab through controls including this one without any problem. All good. However, a user may enter the field (mouseclick) thinking they might want to make a selection, then decide again...

how do i recover data in publisher
i have been entering addresses to set up a mail merge. i cllicked the "ok" button in the window and lost all data . can i recover it Look in a folder in My Documents named "My Data Sources". Publisher data is saved as .mdb(Access) file. Did you try selecting "Edit Address List" in the Mailings and Catalog menu (Tools)? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "dee" <dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:690430F1-36DE-47EE-8B7D-DD12A096C075@microsoft.com... >i have been entering addresses to set up a mail merge. i cllicked ...

Cells Fill Automatically on Another Workbook
I've created what we'll call a seed worksheet to be used over and over for different clients. I have linked its cells to another workbook. As the originating seed worksheet directs its cell data to a specific cell on another workbook, how can I accomplish the workbook data not being overwritten but the new incoming data default to the next unused cell in the column? i.e. If the original seed worksheet cell B1 links to the worksheet cell A1, I would like the next instance of creating a new customer and his B1 information on his use of the seed worksheet to populate onto th...

hide/change color of selected row headings
Is it possible to hide the row heading numbers for selected rows (i.e. rows 51 and greater) for just the selected sheet? I'd like to have a color with no row heading number appear that matches the fill color I select for the adjacent cells. Secondly, any ideas as to how I can prevent the user from scolling further down than a certain point (i.e. row 51). Thanks in advance. Joe Row headings are either on or off, you can't hide some. However, you can achieve a similar effect by hiding *all* headings (Tools/Options/General) and putting the numbers 1:51 in A1:A51. to limit scro...

Using subtotals as single data entries
Sorry about the subject--I couldn't figure out how to describe it simply. I have a large file (16,000 records) of amounts billed by roughly 10,000 service providers. A number of these providers have multiple office locations, so each record is unique to a specific office location. In other words, a provider who billed from 3 different office locations will have 3 entries. Each provider has a unique provider ID number, which stays the same regardless of which office location he is billing from. I want to be able to subtotal the amount billed by each provider for all their office locations...

Macro to apply alternate grey/white shading to selected paragraphs
Dear Experts: I would like to do paragraph shading using grey shading alternately. Example: this is a sample text This is another sample text This is yet another sample text This may be the last paragraph acquiring grey shading This is the penultimate paragraph This is the last paragraph With these 6 paragraphs selected, I would like to run a macro which applies grey shading alternately to the selected paragraphs, i.e. grey/ white (no shading) alternately. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Use Dim oRng As Range For i = 2 T...

Retrieving sorted data from same table.
Hi All, I am working on a table (mentioned below) I am looking for a query which can get me the data according to the =93id=94 column with respect to speed. The condition is that I have to get three consecutive entries which have speed > 60 Below is the sample table with data on which I have to retrieve the data on above condition. The output i need can be as given below DVXC002 12/10/09 0:12 96 DVXC002 12/10/09 18:40 89 DVXC002 12/10/09 19:43 65 DVXC005 12/10/09 11:56 69 DVXC005 12/10/09 15:26 62 DVXC005 12/10/09 17:35 85 Need your help urgently....Thanks in advan...

Import directory data into Excel 2003
I have over 1000 media files that I would like to extract information from and put into an Excel spreadsheet. Using Explorer, I have defined the fields I would like to see, such as title, duration, comment etc. Now, I need to import this data into Excel. So far, I've not been able to find a way to do this. Can someone offer some suggestions please? Thanks, Nigel -- www.myoldcontacts.com - Tell your friends to tell their friends www.sysadmininc.com - Consultancy, Service, Sales, Networking... www.british-expats.com - Connect with British Expats World Wide www.kxez.com/shows_britishinv...

show last data point in chart
Hello, I am charting a range of observations/data points. Is there a way to make the last data point show up differently on the chart (different color/shape)? Thank you. Nathan - > I am charting a range of observations/data points. Is there a way to make the last data point show up differently on the chart (different color/shape)? < Click the charted data once to select the entire data series. Pause. Click the single point to select it. Then use the Format menu. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com Thanks for your reply. Well, that would work if I knew which point on the chart ...

Copy Data from One Group of Cells to Another Group
I have five columns of data on two different sheets in the same workbook. One set of columns is sorted in ascending date order the other in descending date order. When I enter data into the last row of Sheet 1, I need the data in that row in columns A, B, C and D to be copied into Sheet 2 columns A, C, D and E in a newly inserted row 14. Is this possible with the use of a macro? I can find the last cell in Sheet 1, but then need to go up one row and back to column A. I am having difficulty with that. Thanks is advance for any assistance offered! /s/ Alan Auerbach On Sat, 26 May 2007, ...

Import excel data to outlook calendar
I have found lots of tips to import excel data to the address book, etc, but can't find how to "custom map" or how to import data from an excel spreadsheet into the outlook calendar. Could anyone make any suggestions? Hi Tracy, normally you are in the wrong newsgoup, but I try to help you. - First export the dates from your OL calender to an excel file. - In this file, you can find all the headlines for importing. - If you try to import date, be sure that the headline matches as described before. - Then to the normal job for import in Outlook -- Ich hoffe, das hilft / ...