Exec Stored Proc with Parameters

I am trying to pass three values from an access form to a where statement in
a SQL Stored Procedure. I'm new at this; what am I doing wrong? Also, is
there a way to write the connection string so it prompts users for their own
username/password?  The pasted code in on the AfterUpdate event of a text
box. Thanks in advance
------------------

Dim cmd As ADODB.Command
Set cmd = New ADODB.Command
cmd.ActiveConnection = "PROVIDER=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=MyServer;Initial
Catalog=MyDb;User Id=user;Password=pword"
cmd.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc
cmd.CommandText = "spUpdateList"

Dim strEID As String
Dim strFieldName As String
Dim strNewValue As String

strFieldName = "Title"
strEID = Trim(Me.txtEID.Value)
strNewValue = Me.txtTitleUpdate.Value

cmd.Execute , Array(strEID, strFieldName, strNewValue)

dynamic field content of parameter combobox
Greetings, I have to filter my Crystal 9.0 report with a parameter combobox field in Microsoft CRM. The data for this parameter field has to be loaded out of a database field dynamically. I have found the possibility to load database field values in a parameter field but this will not be dynamically. If there is a change in the database content the parameter field content will not be updated. I hope to create a combobox control is no problem. Is there a way to turn this into reality? Thanks for your help Thomas Ott (ITVT germany) ...

how to automatically run a report with parameters and email the report based on
Hi all, I have a report which uses a username as an input parameter. I need to schedule the report to run automatically and email only the page of the report which belongs to each user, to that user's email address. The stored procedure I'm using for the report already uses the username as an input parameter. The problem is that I cannot automatically run the report for each of the parameter values separately. Thanks in advance... ...

Monitor Exchange Store status
I was recently performing mailbox migrations and at some point the mailstores dismounted, likely after the migrations finished based on what I can determine. I have been trying to find a way to monitor the store status so that I can configure an alert if a store becomes dismounted. My thought is to utilize a script that checks either a specific mailbox within the store (using maybe a mapi call), or the status of the store itself. Exchange 2003, Enterprise Edition, SP1 Any suggestions for this? Steve MOM works well for this -- Jonathan No Warrenties Implied, Did you do a FULL backup...

Moving Store Files to a New Directory
I followed the instructions located here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;270693 However, the process hung when the progress bar for moving the edb file reached 100%. Task Manager showed the application as Not Responding, the edb file was copied to the new directory and was still located in the original directory; nothing happened with the stm file. After an hour I ended the task, the path for the edb and stm files was still the original directory and I remounted the store without any problems. Any ideas? Greg Running Windows 2003 Server Enterprise SP1 with E...

Update stored procedure question
We are using VS 2008 and SQL Server 2005. I have a table Spread that has 1 Integer column called SecurityID. I have a stored procedure spUpdateSpread that increment the SecurityID by 1, and returns that value. If more than 1 process call the stored procedure at the same time, will it return the correct SecurityID ? Thank you CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Spread]( SecurityID [int] NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY NONCLUSTERED ( [SecurityID] ASC ) ) ON [PRIMARY] CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[spUpdateSpread] @SecurityID int output as update Spread set SecurityID = SecurityID + 1 select @Secu...

Where are attachments stored? #2
Can you tell me where to find an email attachment on my harddrive? It won't open with the wordpad, which is what my computer defaults to trying to open this file with. I want to try to open it with a different program but can't find it. I used find file and typed in the attachment name and my computer couldn't find it. -- Kathryn >-----Original Message----- >Can you tell me where to find an email attachment on my harddrive? It won't >open with the wordpad, which is what my computer defaults to trying to open >this file with. I want to try to open it wit...

how do i restart a mailbox store?
how do i restart the mailbox store? Is this a service? I only see informaiton store. is this the one? You can dismount and remount an ind. mailbox/public store or stop and start the Information Store which essentially controls all the stores. On 30 Jan 2005 17:38:35 -0800, aaronwhittaker2002@yahoo.com (aaron.whittaker) wrote: >how do i restart the mailbox store? Is this a service? I only see >informaiton store. is this the one? ...

Where are the sigcap signatures stored?
I go to the journal and it says "NO RECEIPT TO DISPLAY" i just had a charge back and if i can't find it i'm sol. Any idea? Is it stored somewhere as a pic? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0814_01C739A0.1912C6C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable JHO, First you need to make sure that you have Journaling turned on. SO = Manager | Database | Registers | Register List | select the register | = Receipt Printer 1 or 2 tab | make sure that Journal Receipts from this = printer is ch...

Creating Store Database in HQ Admin
I have sucessfully created and installed 3 store databases into 3 seperate store but the fourth one creates error when opening Store Ops " ROW CANNOT BE LOCATED FOR UPDATING. SOME VALUES MAY HAVE CHANGED SINCE ITEMS LAST READ" What's going on??????? ...

optional parameter for query
I have a query and would like to have optional parameters for the users. Because I have more than 10 optional paramters which MS Access gives me query too complex and does not run it. I wonder that are there any easier way to have more than 10 optional parameters for users. I use "[forms]![MyForm]![MyDropDown] or [forms]![MyForm]![MyDropDown] is null" in criteria field. MS Access creates a very long SQL. I think it is why MS Access complained the SQL too complex. any information is great appreciated, Try Like IIF(IsNull([forms]![MyForm]![MyD...

how can i set the outlook express when receive email, the will be stored as a group (like as the newsgroup)
Thanks. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Win asked: | Thanks. ...

Public folder store with no public folder tree
I'm working on an Exchange 2003 Server, SP1 that has a public folder store with no public folder tree. The story I was told was that they created a sample store and a tree to get familiar with public folders, and then wanted and tried to delete it. I don't know what they really did. The store obviously doesn't mount, as there is no public folder tree. And since it will not mount, the backups will not truncate logs with the existance of an unmounted store. You can not delete this public folder store. If you try to recreate the public folder tree using the name used when ...

Multiple Mailbox stores???
I was wondering about Multiple Mailbox stores... I am getting ready to upgrade to Exchange 2007 Enterprise and Outlook 07. I was wondering, will I be able to have a user access two separate Mailbox stores on the same server using the same outlook? For example: EXCHANGE_SERVER * DOMAIN1.Com (Mailbox store) * DOMAIN2.Com (Mailbox store) END USER needs to have ONE outlook 07 running on his PC and needs to be able to send and receive from BOTH domains. On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 12:03:04 -0800, "L. DeFoor" <ldefoor@wirejumper.com> wrote: >I was wondering about Multiple Ma...

Information Stores dismount unexpectedly
Running Exchange 2000, SP3 on a Windows 2000, Sp4 2 node, Active/Passive Cluster with 3 Gb ram. Node services approx 2000 active users during peak periods. Recently the Mailbox and Public folder stores have been dismounting unexpectedly. There are no entries in the Event logs which help to suggest what is going on. Can anyone point me in the right direction On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 07:19:14 -0700, KVImes <KVImes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Running Exchange 2000, SP3 on a Windows 2000, Sp4 2 node, Active/Passive >Cluster with 3 Gb ram. Node services approx 2000 active us...

a program is trying to access e-mail addresses you Stored n Outlook
Hi - After installing Acrobat Standard 6.0, when I try to send an email message using Word or any other program, I get an Outlook message saying "a program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook". The only choices I get are to allow access for one instance or for a short period of time. What I want to do is to ALWAYS allow Word, PowerPoint, Excel and ACT to access my Outlook e-mail addresses. I went to the Office Service Pack 3 page, which said "To prevent the PDFMaker COM Addin from loading, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Offi...

Button on Form to Run Report based on Query with Parameters
Hi Guys. I am busy working on a stock control database (and job control). When I have a Form Open, it shows several fields, including JobID (Which is the PK for that job) (frm_Invoicing) I also have a Query that when Run, it prompts for the JobIDNo. (qry_CustJobsInvStock) I have a report based on that query. (rpt_CustJobsInvStock) I have added a button onto the form (onclick -> DoCmd.OpenReport) to open and automatically print the report, But I just cannot figure out how to get it to get my JobID from the form, and to Automatically add it as a Parameter for the que...

Storing mail in a SQL Server
Hello all, I'm curious is Exchange has the ability to store mail in a SQL Server in any way? On Unix I can setup Sendmail to store mail in a SQL Database and Oracle has a mail server that will do the same. Does Exchange have this same ability or is there a third party add-on somewhere that I can get to store my mail in a SQL Server. My Private Information Store is climbing towards 100GB and I'm getting more and more nervous about just having a 'flat-file' out there on disk. Thanks, -brian brian@visionpro.com On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 07:20:59 -0800, "Brian D. McGr...

Store Sent Items in a different mailbox
I would like to create a general email box for one of my groups and what is happening is that whenever there is a reply, the copy of the sent email is put onto the individual email box and not in the general. Does any have a solution to my problem where, if I hit reply on the general box a copy of the sent will be place in the general sent folder as oppose to that one particular email. TIA. You can only configure a Wizard Rule to move a copy of the message to a different folder so it will end up in both. -- Roady www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also ...

Calling Excel from Word with parameters
Hi. I'm posting this here after not having had a reply in the Office_Developer>Automation forum for 4 days. I need to call Excel from within Word with parameters. Can you help with the syntax for the call and where (and how) I should declare and therefore "receive" and handle these parameters in Excel??? Is there a default auto start procedure which accepts parameters? Please specify the call with 3 parameters : 1 text/string, 1 numeric (integer) and 1 date. Thanks in advance I saw Ann Troy's response further down in the list, so I guess that the Workbook_Open pr...

cant delete public store
Hi Exch 2k3 sp2 win 2k3 mixed I have a public store, it has no mailboxes in it, i dont care about its replicas. I just want it gone. It has nothing in it. When I try to detele it obviosuly it says that there are replicas and they need to be moved to another server, however it doesnt give me an option to move it to another server. The list is blank. I am not concerned about the replicas, id like ot remove them entirely and be done with this publc store. Its not the store all my users are using. how can this be acomplished? thanks e- adsiedit.msc go to the Configuration containe...

Store database password in Access
Hi All, I have an access file which linked with an orcale database. Everything when i query the file, I need to enter the id, pw & server name. Is there a way to store my login information into access so that I dont need to login everytime? Thank you very much!! Check the Save Password Box when you link your tables. . . "tom" <TOM.COM> wrote in message news:OOI4zZtZIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > I have an access file which linked with an orcale database. Everything > when i query the file, I need to enter the id, pw & server nam...

Command Line Parameter
I have a problem with the following code. When showing the Command Line Parameters passed in the AfxMessageBox displays -install as dest but it does not get pass the comparison. I am running c:\projects\mac.exe -install as the command line. Any help would be appreciated Thank you int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance, LPSTR lpCmdLine, int nShowCmd) { int argCount = 0; char *dest=""; WinVer PlatForm; WinService ServiceApp; /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// //Determine the command line paramters that ...

Looking for an e-commerce / e-store solution interfacing w/ CRM (& GP if possible)
We are a software company (and MS certified partner) which is in the process of implementing Dynamics CRM for our own use. We need to find an e-store package which will interface with Dynamics CRM. The shopping cart requirements are trivial, and credit card processing is very standard. The most important thing for us is that when a customer registers at the e-store to download a demo, their account information should appear in CRM as a lead with an opportunity. It would be a big plus if the invoicing info could be passed on to Great Plains, as well. We willing to do customization ...

Query parameter
Hi people, Does somebody know how to create Database Query (source Excel Database with parameter (value of some cell as cruteria). Thanks a lot in advance, Irina -- Irin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Irina's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=868 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27754 Irina <Irina.1fkt8m@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote ... > Does somebody know how to create Database Query (source Excel Database) > with parameter (value of some cell as cruteria)...

Two "Stores" Sharing Inventory
We are a garden retail and landscape design store (with one location). We have two registers that we run all retail sales through and one separate register through which we run all landscape sales. We would like to separate the landscaping completely so that we can view our financial data, separate labor costs more accurately, and compare our numbers to others in the industry. The main issue is that we need the separate "stores" to share the same inventory. All materials are pulled from our lot and separate inventories would not work well for our situation. I need some suggestion...