embedding a bitmap image to bound oleobject control via code

Dear friends,
I am a user of Acc2003. I have a control of type Bound object frame on my
form which is bound to a field of type OLE Object.
What I want is: Open the FileDialog by double clicking on the ole object and
thus obtaining the name and path of the bitmap. Once I get this string I'd
like to use it to place the bitmap image into OLE object. I intercept the
double click event of the ole object to call a function which opens
FileDialog and returns the path and name of the users selection. From then
on however I could not figure out what to do. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

�mer Ayzan

0
mer

color code series by an independent column of data
In previous versions of Excel I was able to color code a series of data in a scatter plot based on another colum of data (i.e. cross plot column 1 versus 2 and color code by column 3). I can't figure out how to do that in Excel 2007. Any help? Hi, Did you use VBA code in the previous version. Maybe the security setting is currently set to disable macros. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "rockdoc69" <rockdoc69@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9860E0EB-194A-4BF3-A529-CE34ED798702@microsoft.com... > In pre...

WM_PAINT NON-STOP IN CUSTOM CONTROL
Hi all, I'm making MFC Dialog application.. One element in it is Custom Control(CC), created in Dialog Designer.. That CC is connected to a class A, registered by RegisterClass function, and its control handle I'm passing to my own WINPROC handle. I want to serve that CC by myself (by that WINPROC callback function).. Inside that WINPROC there is WM_PAINT message handle.. I don't understand why after dialog is created I see that CC and it's served by that WINPROC, BUT it constantly receives WM_PAINT message after I draw an image in that CC???????? I use BitBlt and DC...

Chart export macro
I receive a run time error 1004 within the macro below. The message says, "Application-defined or object-defined error". Being a real novice, I don't know what to look for. So any help would be appreciated. Using Excel 2000, my worksheet periodically imports selected data from an Oracle 9i database. On the same worksheet the data is charted. I want the chart to be periodically dumped to a .htm file so using openign the .htm file see the updated chart data. Here's the macro: Sub Auto_Open() ActiveWorkbook.PublishObjects.Add(xlSourceChart, _ "\\Shared\Of...

Where do I get codes from?
Hi, I'm a new user of MS Access and I need to find out where to find the codes for formulate reports in the system. Most of my report are very basic, but I'm not able to find where to go to enter any fuctions or sums for fields....Can someone advise me on this...also, does anyone know how to tell the system to calculate a blank field. For example, if I want to run a report that shows no completion dates or the fields are blank, how would I do that? I know this is very basic, but I haven't used MS Access in years and I'm not sure where to go to retrieve info.... A common...

recovery and posting of image in a picture box
Hello, I am programming a software of super resolution or I must recover the images starting from a webcam. but I am confronted with several problems. First of all, I use the bookshop vfw and I do not manage to recover the buffer of the image to pass it under another structure (my calculations of super resolution are done with OpenCV). I know that OpenCV can also manage the camera but I do not want all to reprogram not to use vfw any more. The fact of passing by bitmap does not try me too much. and I think that it must y have a means simple to recover the pixels thanks to the function capGrab...

changing disk quota via powershell
Good day, I need to change all the disk quota entries on a disk to increase the limit of the amount of space allocated in the quota. There are a few hundred users and changing them all manually is a nuisance. I found out how to print out the limits using a piece of script: get-wmiobject -class "Win32_DiskQuota" -namespace "root\CIMV2" -computername "." | foreach { write-host "Quota Limit: " $_.Limit} There isn't an equivalent set-wmiobject or anything I can see which will set the limit value so I really can't see how to do thi...

To Refresh a Control to Display
Hi, I have added a Button control from the toolbars and have set the "caption" of it to nothing. Now i want to display a text "HELLO-ME" on the Button control from my application. I have tried a lot of options, but it is not diplying the text at all. What i have done is this, BOOL CMy_ApplicationDlg::OnInitDialog() { CDialog::OnInitDialog(); m_button.SetFocus(); int id = m_button.GetDlgCtrlID(); SetDlgItemTextW(id,L"It's-Me"); (OR) m_button.SetWindowTextW(L"HELLO-ME"); (OR) (GetDlgItem(...

Lost control of Excel
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I used to move cell by cell with arrow keys. <br> Today in excel, the arrows keys are moving the workbook. Am I doing something wrong? thanks. test, email me On 5/14/10 4:23 PM, kevs14@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel I used to move cell by cell with arrow keys. > Today in excel, the arrows keys are moving the workbook. Am I doing > something wrong? thanks. What kind of computer and keyboard are you using? Which ...

Form control events get broken.
My colleagues and I have a problem that occurs while designing access forms and it isn't helped by the fact that our applications have a lot of buttons on their forms. The best way I can describe the problem is to explain how to repeat the problematic behavior. 1) Create a blank form and stick a button on it and connect it to some code say: Private Sub Command6_Click() MsgBox ("Hello World") End Sub 2) Change the form to design view. Right Click the button then do edit cut, edit paste from the main menu. Right click the form title bar and choose form view. Click the butt...

VBA code needing alteration
I am a novice with VBA and require alteration to this code, if possible What i have now is the first 3 rows copying across. What i would lik is to have selected cells in the row copy. ie: a1, a2 and a4. Is thi possible?? Thank you Private Sub Commandbutton1_click() CopyData Range("E90:E100"), "MODEL" CopyData Range("E105:E113"), "UV CURING" CopyData Range("E118:E134"), "TRANSFORMER" End Sub Private Sub CopyData(rngC As Range, Target As String) Dim rng As Range, cell As Range Dim rng1 As Range, rng2 As Range Dim rng3 As Range Dim nrow...

How to get the type code for a custom entity ? MSCRM v3
I created a new entity Called PRITem. When using theSiteMap.XML I need to specifity the EntityType to show it. Ity appears (Automatically) in the workspace. But i can't use it in the SiteMap.XML because i can't find the number. For example: <SubArea Id="nav_activities" EntityType="4200" Icon="/_imgs/ico_16_4212.gif" Url="/Workplace/home_activities.aspx" /> <SubArea Id="nav_calendar" Icon="/_imgs/area/18_calendar.gif" ResourceId="Homepage_Calendar" Url="/workplace/home_calendar.aspx" Clie...

Stock Control How to...????
Anyone got any suggestion son how to use RMS to do stock control? Or and add on product that streamlines this process so it is ACCURATE and less pain. It is so painful to use SO manager by going to the sheld counting the item, noting its barcode (itemlookupcode), coming back to the computer, looking it up, going to inventory tab, typing in the quantity X 3000 items! .....and then finding out that at HQ, those figures are not communicated until the request count worsksheet is issued Thanks in advance Dan, I think what you are looking for is Physical Inventory. This allows you to co...

Matching an image file to a drop down box selection
Is there a method to display an image file in a cell (or cell range) conditional on the selection from a drop down box? For instance, to select a colour from the list, and have the colour displayed in the column adjacent (as in colour swatches from a paint store, or to select a car model, and to have an image of it displayed adjacent to the selection). Thanks, Ed JE McGimpsey shows a way at: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html Ed Crawford wrote: > > Is there a method to display an image file in a cell (or cell range) > conditional on the selection from a drop d...

image control not displaying all photos
Using image control to display photos, the problem I am exsperiencing is they all show up on report view but only some show up on print preview and or when I actually print the report. The table is storing the path not the actual picture. each photo is about 3 meg. Any help to get the to work would be great! Thanks Russ -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/201001/1 Can anyone offer some advise on this problem? Russ wrote: >Using image control to display photos, the problem I am exsperiencing is they ...

Controls/Frames off the edge of the form?
Folks I've created a simple wizard form using a number of frames. The form I created in the form design view contains all six frames laid out in the three wide and two tall layout and works. At runtime I'm moving the second and subsequent frames to the same top and left as the first frame. So now in design view I've shrunk the form appropriately so the other five frames are no longer visible. Is there a problem in VB6 with leaving the other frames and controls they contain not displayed? Off in null space as it were? I wouldn't think so because I've ...

Refer to childs of user control.
Hello. In VB.NET 2008 : I created a user control. The user control has label (one of its components). I want : When using the final user control by the IDE, I shall be able to pick up the label control alone, make events on it, or change the label text. How can I do that ? Thanks :) Am 15.04.2010 00:25, schrieb Mr. X.: > Hello. > In VB.NET 2008 : > I created a user control. > The user control has label (one of its components). > I want : > When using the final user control by the IDE, I shall be able to pick up the > label control alone, > ma...

how to add controls to a group control in mfc?
Hii .. I have a really simple question, Im trying to add some controls (e.g edit boxes and radio buttons) to a group box in MFC in visual studio 2003. What I want is that in the Dialog editor when I move the group box with my mouse, all the controls inside the group box move along with it too. Also I want to enable / disable all the controls inside the group box on the fly by just enabling/disabling the groupbox Is it possible to do that? Thanks Arfeen arfeengodil@gmail.com wrote: > Hii .. > > I have a really simple question, Im trying to add some controls (e.g > edit boxes an...

Controlling "mail box is closed message" from System Administrator
Hi Guys, Is there a way to control the frequency of "Your mailbox is closed message" sent by System Administrator when a mailbox is over its limit in Exchange 5.5? -- Buchi On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 02:39:07 -0800, "Buchi" <Buchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi Guys, >Is there a way to control the frequency of "Your mailbox is closed message" >sent by System Administrator when a mailbox is over its limit in Exchange >5.5? Site config/Info Store Config/Storage Warnings tab. Andy Thanks, I have since reset my storage warning propert...

VB code based on different forms loaded
I have a Database that i use for taking ordes, the form is called frmOrder I have now created a very simply vertions of frmOrder called frmOrderTill that is will be used in our shop ( does same stuff but very basic Hoever some of the subform replating to frmOrder and now frmORderTill, have code in it that refers back to frmOrder, is there a way to write the code so it can use either frmOrder or frmOrderTill depending on what form is open Example of code used Forms![frmOrderProductAdd]![frmOrderProductTopBar].Form![OrderNumber] = Forms![frmOrder]![OrderNumber] i need a way t...

Determine currently selected control
Hi, Is there a way to determine the name of the currently selected control? Thanks! Gaetan, Check out ActiveControl Property in Help. The name of the current control that has the focus would be... = Screen.ActiveControl.Name -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your life." "Gaetan" <Gaetan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:182E34C6-4BC4-4948-9684-2921D3F3839A@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Is t...

Bar Coding
We are thinking about implementing bar coding at our central warehouse and was wondering if anyone has anything pertinent to share. We just went on GP10 and have approximately 22,000 stock items but probably would not bar code everything. I would be curious to know if there are any operational issues with hardware and software before we take the dive. Thanks, craig We have about 17K distinct items and successfully utilize vSync's vShip and MaximumData's InTouch to implement barcoding quite successfully. We elected to use MC9090 scanners although MaxData defaults to another ...

How to code batch file?
I need to consistently download patch on following web site, but the file name keeps changing based on date, for example http://definitions.symantec.com/defs/20100421-002-x86.exe http://definitions.symantec.com/defs/yyymmdd-002-x86.exe Does anyone have any suggestions on how to code a batch file to download the patch based on specific date format? so I can set schedule task to run it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB9126DD-6B0C-408F-A4CB-94FF8180FBB...

Problem embedding explorer control in Illustrator
HI folks, I've been trying recently to embed Explorer in an ADM dialog with Illustrator 11 using the CHtmlCtrl class from http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0100/c/c0100.aspx (it's an extension of the CHtmlView MFC class). I've hit something of a stumbling block, though; when the dialog with the control in it loses focus, it stops being repainted. Any Javascript on the page will continue to run and links clicked will be fetched, it's just that the window won't be updated. There's another interesting aspect to this. If I have JavaScript on the HTML page being displayed incre...

Looking for a way how to get currently selected item from List control
Hi, guys. There is a task. I have a window that is something like CListCtrl (but different framework, not MFC). I know only the HWND for that window. Inside are items. In fact it looks like usual ListCtrl but with some options like background and small buttons in the bottom to add/delete items. So I'm looking for a way how to find out which item is currently selected. I mean i need coordinates of that item. Is it possible to do using some WinAPI functions or so? Thank you. -- ---- German Koninin --------------------------------------- For every complex problem, there's solution t...

send filtered datasheet form to NEW report through code
I have a form that is in continuous datasheet view. I have the filter by form on my custom menubar that opens with the form. Works great. But I want to also add to my menubar a button to send this filtered data to a brand new report to be generated. Esentially I want the user to beable to go through the same setup the designer goes through when they use the new report wizard, except that I want it to already know to select the data from the open datasheet for the report record source, and then the user can go through the process of deciding what fields to group and sort on. What code can I ...