Does INSTR() work on memo fields

Does INSTR() work on memo fields ?

It seems like I'm not finding text that is there.

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 14:52:02 -0700, mscertified wrote:

> Does INSTR() work on memo fields ?
>
> It seems like I'm not finding text that is there.

Yes it does.
Why not post exactly what you are trying to do and how you are doing
it?
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

How do I increase query field length (>20 characters) ?
I want to exclude 3 or 4 variables from a particular query. Using Not "xx"or"yy" is fine, but when excluding more than this, query fails. I think the problem is that the total text characters is quite large (approx 60 characters in total, from four exclusions). Ideas, please ? 60 characters is not the limit. 1024 characters is the limit. POST the SQL of the query that is not working (View: SQL on the menu) or at a minimum post what you are attempting as the criteria. Also "query fails" does not tell us if you get an error (what is it) or the wrong resul...

Changing a text field to a date field
Hi I know this is a problem for lots of people but I still cant find an answer. I have imported a text file into excel with a number field that displays credit card expiry dates as a 4 digit number. example 0408 so month + year. I have converted the number field to a text field so it doesnt drop off the first zero and now I need to convert it to a date field. Any nice easy simple ideas. Any help would be much appreaciated. Or direction to a question the same. Perhaps =DATE(100+RIGHT(A1,2),LEFT(A1,2),1) format as date -- daddylonglegs --------------------------------------------...

my brain not comprehending the yes/no field
I have a db that enters orders. The "product" (insurance plan) has one price but 20 different "attributes" in any combo of one choice to many (plan types like medical, dental etc...) and with one "price" (premium). The plan types must show up on one line in a report with one price (they are not deliminated per plan type). The easiest way for personnel to enter all the plan types would be yes/no check boxes on the input form. My problem is I can't figure out how to make those "yes"es equal the plan name in the report! I know, it's proba...

"Microsoft Outlook Stopped Working" error
Hi all, may I firstly apologise if I seem stupid in anything I say here; I have always used another PIM programme in the past with only the occasional dalliance with any version of Outlook. I am running Vista (Fully updated) Home Premium on a Tosh laptop (32 bit) 1.73 Gb 2GM Ram. I recently installed Outlook 2007 (I also have Office Home & Student 2007 (service desk edition?) which I have been using for a year or so.) The problem is that I keep getting this error when using Outlook. (for example 4 time in 15 mins). I have removed the programme (to ensure no trace o...

OWA not work properly
When users go to http://sitename/exchange they get the yellow OWA screen without the graphics. If I enter username, I get "HTTP Error 404 - Not Found". I have NT 4.0 SP6a, Exchange 5.5 SP4, and IIS 4.0 with all the latest updates. In Internet Service Manager, in the Default Web Site properties, I have the redirect to the above URL in the Home Directory tab. Under the Directory Security tab I have both Anonymous and Challenge/Response. In the Exchange folder properties (in Internet Service Manager) under the Virtual Directory tab I have the Local Path "c:\exchsrvr\webdata&quo...

Mouse scroll not working in Module window
Access97 on HP Laptop on XP Pro Since installing Office 97 on my new (replacement) laptop I find the mouse scroll button does not work in the Module window - works everywhere else in Access ok? Any ideas appreciated. Piri yeah don't use ancient software, kid "Piri" <wiremu.pareiha@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1178247184.740213.222110@y5g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... > Access97 on HP Laptop on XP Pro > Since installing Office 97 on my new (replacement) laptop I find the > mouse scroll button does not work in the Module window - works > everywhere else i...

Selecting Pics in Explorer, then "Send via e-mail" doesn't work...
I'm sure this has been addressed, but I haven't found it in a search. I'm running Outlook 2007 and it worked fine with XP - since I've upgraded to Windows 7, I can't select *any* files in explorer and send them via e-mail. Nothing happens, then I can't get Outlook to start under any circumstance unless I reboot. I need to create a new e-mail, then select the files...and it works fine, but it's a giant PITA. Any help: Sounds like it is caused by a corruption or an incompatible add-in. Which add-ins do you have installed? Tools-> Trust Center-&g...

HQ Options not working
Hi! When I open the HQ Configuration window, there is a list of Checkboxes for "Enabled" - "Disabled" for : - Automatically create inter-store receive inventory order - Automatically create inter-store issue inventory order and other! This window doesn't work, and when accepting changes, and open the window again, all checkboxes are clear!! And of course, those options do not work neither! I'm working by lauching inter-store trasnfers from HQ, but would like to have stores deciding this by its own. Anybody know something about this. Maybe how to set this featu...

Button form control does not work
I have spent over 5 hours trying to get the button wizard to do a simple thing. Open a form and show data in that form that matches the name in the form where the button is but when i follow the wizard the button allways go to the first entary in the second form eg i have the form (form1) open on emma (record 3) and want to open a second form that also contains emma the wizard puts the following in to a macro form2, Form, , "[Full Name]=" & [Full Name], , Normal but when i test the button it open the second form with the first record which is not emma why d...

will RMS 2.0 work with Windows 7
Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS are you using? Yes 2.0.0126 -- Maurice Gordon Maurice@americanretailsupply.com Sales/Support 1-800-426-5708 XT 1307 "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E0D2035-1FB0-497E-8F73-AF5FDA947E64@microsoft.com... > Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS are you > using? Hi Larry, RMS 2.0 SP2 working fine with windows 7 Vijay "Larry" wrote: > Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS ar...

How to Clear the AutoDetect Cache for the To: field
HI, When sending a message in Outlook, one begins to type the destination address in the To: field. Generally speaking if one has sent email to this address in the past then Outlook will auto detect and provide a suggested list of reciepients (know what I'm talking about???). Anyway, I know this feature can be disabled so one is never provided with a list of possible receipients but does anyone know how to clear this cache???? Thanks Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting the entry when presented in the suggested names list (use your arrow key ...

How to force the user to fill in values for yes/no fields ?
Hi ! I'm using MS Access 2003. I have a table with a number of yes/no fields. When a new record is started, I want the user to explicitly specify a value for each of these fields, e.g. by choosing one of two radio buttons associated with the field. Now, it was no problem for me to arrange an option group with two suitable radio buttons for each of these fields. The user can then choose explicitly between yes and no. However, all fields seem to have implicit values immediately after a new record has been started. Therefore, the new record can be stored in the db without the user making...

saved passwords not working
I have 4 email accounts in outlook 2002. Everytime Outlook is started, it prompts me for my passwords on each account, even though they are saved. It only does this when it is started for the first time and it saves the passwords for the rest of the session. But, the next time Outlook is restarted, it prompts me for the passwords again. I have SP2 installed and have searched the support KB for this problem. Anyhelp would be appreciated. Carley@CarleyCapers.com ...

Scrolling not working in spreadsheet (Excel 2000)
Good afternoon. We have Excel 2000 running on Windows 2000. I have a spreadsheet with a column that is filtered by Status - Open or Closed. If I am showing the 'Open' items, I can page up and down, use the up/down arrows and the mouse to scroll up and down in the document. If I show the 'Closed' items, none of the scrolling options work. The scroll bar on the right indicates that I'm 'moving' down in the document, and the cell reference in the upper left corner changes (as does the display of the cell contents) but all I see on the screen is the first page. An...

Help with SQL- SupplierList cost into Item cost field
Hi, re-posted! See below. Hi, thanks for that- it worked perfectly. There is just one snag however and I didn't think of it until I was testing. Many of the suppliers use specific currencies so the information I need copied from the Supplier tab is actually the Local Cost. When I view the SupplierList table, Local Cost doesn't appear as a column. Is it just a calculation based on exchange rates for information or does it actually exist somewhere within the database? Your help once again would be much appreciated. T. "convoluted" wrote: > Hi Tara - backup your...

ONDIRTY MOVE TO NEXT FIELD
Hi, I have a combo box, when I hit Y (yes) I would like to save a keystroke and have the cursor move to the next field. How would I do that? I tried ONDIRTY but it gave me an error and couldn't move. Thanks in advance, Bonnie Try the AfterUpdate event of the combo box. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Bonnie" <Bonnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0068FF95-2485-4FA7-B59A-4BA9A1E1CF86@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have a combo box, when I hit Y (yes) I would like to save a keystroke > and > have the cursor move to the...

TimerInterval not working
I have an access db application which needs to call the macro on startup. The macro is to call the function opening two forms on startup and set the TimerInterval of two forms. Public Function auto_login() DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_A" Forms![frm_Import&Export].TimerInterval = 300000 DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_B" Forms![frm_TREATS_ftp].TimerInterval = 120000 End Function However only the Timer for form B (at the toppest) works. It works for form A but not B if I open form B first and then A later. Is there any way to solve the problem? Regards Caris Caris, This seems a litl...

Re: Suggest Name Now Not Working
"Karl Burrows" <kfb1@spambellsouth.net> wrote in message news:... > My bad, it's the automatic name checking I use, not the suggest name. I get > confused between the two. Name checking is the one you get the red or green > underline squiggle to right-click and complete the email address. > > It's been a long week! > > PS Just got your Outlook Programming book. > > "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message > news:OIBsc8XgEHA.3864@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > Did you check your setting in T...

On-line quotes server does not work
OK - there are numerous posts in this Newsgroup stating that the on-line update to stock quotes and news does not work - everyone getting the "unable to connect to quotes server" error. Is it working for anyone? I switched from Quicken to Money and I'm about to switch back - at least Quicken can do something as simple as downloading quotes from a server reliably. Anyone home at Microsoft? On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 21:40:12 -0800, "Anyone home at Microsoft? Hello?" <fbella@aol.com> wrote: > >OK - there are numerous posts in this Newsgroup stating >that...

does any one know how to convert a scanned sheet to a work sheet
does any one know how to convert a scanned sheet to a workable sheet in excel You could use OCR (optical character recognition) software to convert the image to text that could then be loaded into cells. My experience with OCR software has not been entirely satisfactory. Unless this is a large sheet, it may be easier to retype. Jerry bigjoe44 wrote: > does any one know how to convert a scanned sheet to a workable sheet in excel ...

how to replace fields
Hi all, I am new to Ms access, would like to know how to replace fields with some specific values, i.e. want to replace all records with a field named MONTH by "May". What should I do? Thanks. thanks a lot, will change the field name as advised. I am just rewritting some Visual Fox-pro programs by Ms Access as our copy of VFP is in very low version that our PC can't support. The purpose of the program I am studying is to import some monthly report data and append to a master file. That's why we have to replace the newly added records by the current month value ...

One of the System Attendant's task is blocked. Function: CMonitoringTask::Work
Hi All, Any help on this is very much appreciated!! Right, here goes! I have two exchange servers which are both running on Win 2k3 SP1. Exchange is 2003 SP1. One of my exchange servers comes to a halt and the only way to get it back up and running is by hard resetting the server! When this has been rebooted the server works fine and reports no errors in the logs after the reboot. However, I am getting the following event logs showing errors prior to reboot: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: General Event ID: 1031 Date: 16/10/2006 Time: 1:35:46 AM User: N/A Com...

scroll field reset
Somehow have gotten my scroll bar in worksheet set so that moving it just one centimeter moves me from the top to the bottom of my working field. Since my field is 3000 rows, it makes it awkward to use. Can anyone tell me how to reset it so that scrolling top to bottom just takes me from the top to the bottom of my working area rather than the whole worksheet? anand Hi Anand! I think you can resolve this issue, by resetting the last cell (delete all rows and columns that doesn't contain any data), see http://support.microsoft.com/?id=244435 for details about this. Best regards...

CRM and Great Plains Customer Notes Fields
Hi all, Just checking on the CRM/GP integration. I see that using Biztalk Customers in GP can be Accounts/Contacts in CRM. I just wanted to see about the notes of GP Customers and CRM Contacts. Are these shared as well? Can a person edit fully in GP and then have them show up in CRM or vice versa? Just want to make sure of this before proceeding. Thanks. Tavis ...

Force data type from Text to Memo in a simple Make Table Query
I'm concatenating fields of various data types that upon completion sometimes reaches around 500 characters. Not huge, but larger than the Text limitation to which is what Access 2007 of course converts this. How can I force the data type to be Memo while I'm in the query so the resulting table displays all the data without any truncation. -- TIA Eric S UPRR I don't believe you can. I think you'll have to create the table first, and then append to it. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "E...