displaying embedded image in unboud form

I've a table (cust) with a OLE Object field (flag) containing (small)
embedded bitmap images. These images display fine in a form bound to the
table.

I now want to display them in an unbound form, referencing another field in
the "cust" table (like select flag from cust where language = 'EN') to show
the English flag.
I've tried the image control, bound and unbound objects on the unbound form.
I cannot find how to configure the settings of either of those to display the
embedded picture.

Please do not answer with solutions with linked images. I know how to do that.

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 05:42:01 -0800, Jikra
<Jikra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

Ignoring your last sentence: why not use a small subform which only
purpose is to display a bound object control, bound to the table?

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>I've a table (cust) with a OLE Object field (flag) containing (small)
>embedded bitmap images. These images display fine in a form bound to the
>table.
>
>I now want to display them in an unbound form, referencing another field in
>the "cust" table (like select flag from cust where language = 'EN') to show
>the English flag.
>I've tried the image control, bound and unbound objects on the unbound form.
>I cannot find how to configure the settings of either of those to display the
>embedded picture.
>
>Please do not answer with solutions with linked images. I know how to do that.
0
Tom
2/1/2010 12:42:14 AM
You could try with the DLookUp function as the Control Source (don't forget
to put an equal sign before) as this was working with reports, if I remember
correctly.  Don't know if this will work with a form.

--
Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
MVP - Windows Live Platform

"Jikra" <Jikra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've a table (cust) with a OLE Object field (flag) containing (small)
> embedded bitmap images. These images display fine in a form bound to the
> table.
>
> I now want to display them in an unbound form, referencing another field
> in
> the "cust" table (like select flag from cust where language = 'EN') to
> show
> the English flag.
> I've tried the image control, bound and unbound objects on the unbound
> form.
> I cannot find how to configure the settings of either of those to display
> the
> embedded picture.
>
> Please do not answer with solutions with linked images. I know how to do
> that.

0
Sylvain

Displaying Counts when Filtering
Usually when using the filter function, the total records in the spreadsheet and the number of records that match the filter criteria are displayed on the lower left of the window (I guess it's the status bar). However, for certain files that I have, no counts are displayed when I filter. Does anyone know if there is a setting in the file that causes this or something else that needs to be changed? I do notice this happens frequently with files created by exporting from Access, but not always. It also happens with other files, but I can't find a common denominator. Hi To...

Display text in Excel Bubble chart. #2
H1!, I have an Excel spreadsheet which contains X-coordinates, Y-Cordinates, Well name and Cumulative Oil/Gas/Water production. I have created bubble map using X,Y and Z(Cum production). I need to show the well name on each Bubble, which I am unable to do. Kindly sugest method to display the well name on the bubbles. Thanks, Raja Mukherjee Raja - Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler (http://appspro.com) is a free addin that adds text from the worksheet to data labels on a chart series. I just tested it on a bubble chart and it works fine. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP ...

Stripping Blank Characters form Imported Data
I am trying to verify 2 worksheets full of data. One has been imported from Visual Basic and the other from Business Object. The Business object sheet, brings over the entire field not just the charaters needed. Example: For the city field there are 50 characters available. If you use Nashville, the Business Object brings over 50 characters where the Visual Basic brings over 9. When trying to find descrepancies, this brings back a false positive if the city is the same. Is there a way to manipulate that data when it is sent to Excel? The easiest way to deal with this would be to find...

Unable to display the folder error.
I get the following message when using Outlook. If I close Outlook then reopen it, it will work until I switch icons (calendar to contacts). "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. An error occurred that prevented the file M:\Outlook\cij.pst from being saved. Close and then restart all mail-enabled applications." Can anyone help me with this problem? ...

Display Discount on POS screen
I've figured out how to remove REP from the main POS screen. I'd really like to add Discount to the screen, so we can accurately display for the cashier which discounts are being applied to which individual items. Any ideas? Anyone got a third-party recommendation? ...

click on page form tab to filter subform
I have page tab with following names: Flat Rate, Global Rate, MSRP Rate. I would like to have subform only show the rates for each page tab. How do I go about doing this. I am new to VBA and from reading all the threads, I can't seem to find the one that fits my exact need. Please explain step-by-step since I am new. Let me know if I need to provide more details. Thank you. Hi Kris Presumably you have a field in the RecordSource of your subform that contains one of the three values (Flat Rate, Global Rate, MSRP Rate) or some other text or code that corresponds to these values....

Trouble with Forms based authentication in OWA
I am having some problems in setting up OWA with forms based authentication. From my understanding it should work like this: I go to my usual address http://<myserverdomain>/Exchange and I will be directed to the Forms Based Authentication login screen. Once I am there I can choose basic or premium function in OWA and once I authenticate I should be able to access OWA without any other login prompts. Well none of that is happening. Here is what I have done so far. 1. Enabled Forms based authentication in Exchange System manager. 2. Verified that that Authenticated Users group has Read...

double display in the Watch view with VC++6 sp6
Hi, Since the install of Visual Studio service pack 6 the double display differe in the Watch window of example before (with vc++ sp5) -7701.7701 give in the window -7701.7701 now (with the sp6) in obtain -7701.7700999999997 Thanks Why is this an issue? It strikes me as a bit of concern over an irrelevancy. Floating point isn't accurate anyway, so there is no particular reason to be concerned about trivial differences like this. joe On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 09:39:11 +0200, "Olivier" <olive@nospam.fr> wrote: >Hi, > >Since the install of Visual Studio service ...

Query by Form Problem 06-19-07
I'm using QBF with about six different combo boxes using: [forms]! [formmain]! [combo1] or [forms]![formmain1]![combo1] -like in a VBA book. This is so users can select criteria on a form with the combo boxes, and when they are done, they hit the search button, and it opens up another form based on the query just performed by the combo selection. This worked for about three combo boxes, but when I added another one, it freezes up and opens up a blank page. It's supposed to open the new form based on the query. Is there a better way to do this? I've looked exhaustive...

delay in displaying cell contents
Is there a simple function that can delay the display of the contents of a cell by a few seconds. I know that it can be done as VBA code but I dont know how to do it. Thanks in advance for any help. Dave Hi have a look at the Wait method in the VBA help -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Dave" <dave-rawlins@beeb.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9995bde6.0410151425.1688ff24@posting.google.com... > Is there a simple function that can delay the display of the contents > of a cell by a few seconds. I know that it can be done as VBA code > but I dont know how...

Lock and Unlock a Form
I have read many of the other posts in regards to locking and unlocking forms but i am still unable to get it to do what i want. Let me explain my setup. I am working on form to help capture incidents that we have. Each form can have up to 4 subforms. 1 subform is embedded on the main form and the others are on tabs and can be opened using an option group. I have one main number as a key to group all the forms together in a 1-1 relationship. On the main form I have added a combo box with "open" and "close" to help prevent accidental erasing of already entered recor...

Table relationships
I've created a database with about 15 tables for a participant data in a research study. Each participant will complete the 15 assessment measures. My ultimate goal is to create a data entry system whereby a research assistant can pull up a form and enter an ID number, plus the answers to the 15 assessment measures. I know I can create a query to combine all the tables, but it seems like the research assistant would have to enter the id and date 15 times (once for each table pulled in to the query). Is there a way to just enter the ID number one time and have it apply t...

Inbox display problem
My 4 year old got on my computer and now my email is only showing the received column. I would like to have the From and Subject put back in there. Don't know and can't figure out how he did it. Anyone? Frank Frank <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My 4 year old got on my computer and now my email is only > showing the received column. I would like to have the > From and Subject put back in there. Don't know and can't > figure out how he did it. Anyone? In addition to what Milly said, you can also reset the current view to its defaul...

CRM, Reporting Services & Forms Authentication
Our company has an app with forms auth that is integrated with Reporting Services. We have forms auth working successfully with Reporting Services. We'd like to integrate CRM and still use forms auth. Is this possible with CRM? Would anyone be kind enough to point me to any documentation or examples of CRM w/ forms auth & Reporting Services? ...

Form with adding
Hello I want to create a form for people who use a cabin The columns titles are: name, number of nights, age group, $ per night, then total $'s The $'s per night depends on the age group. It's $10 for ages 0-12, $20 for 13-18, and $30 for 19+. I'm doing a drop down menu for the age groups. Based on their choice, I want the $'s per night to come up automatically in the next column My questions are 1) Is it best to be doing this in Excel, or should I use Word 2) Assuming Excel, how do I set up the $'s per night based on the drop down menu selection 3) I'd like ...

How to detect when user switches between open forms?
The user can have multiple non-modal, restored, forms open at once and can switch between them as they want, often by just clicking on their titlebars. These forms are all instances of F_URL. I am using Vista, Access 2007. How do I run a routine anytime the user switches form? F_URL.GotFocus doesn't fire because the Focus event only fires for the particular control that has the focus on the form, and, there are many such possible controls. F_URL.Activate doesn't fire. So, four possibilities as far as I can see: 1. There is probably some obvious event that I'm ju...

Conditional Formatting for Image box on Continuous Forms
Hello again, This problem is driving me crazy. I am a car enthusiast and love taking photos of classic cars. I have a table which describes the make and model in a series of fields. There are several fields that contain a reference to photos of those cars. Ie: the fields are called "Front" "Side" "Rear" "Angle". My form has four image boxes to display the images stored in these fields. But when I open the form all the records show the images of the first car only. I asked about this a few days ago and was advised to check out http://www.lebans.co...

What can stop a PC from displaying Access 2000/2003 text & background colours?
Can anyone suggest a reason why a specific Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop should be unable to display any of the text or background colours on an utterly basic test form with only a couple of text boxes and no VBA code on an otherwise empty test database? The problem also happens with an application of mine using Access 2003 runtime - but only on this PC. It runs fine on several other PCs. I have applied every available Windows XP Home update and every available Office 2000 update to no effect. The laptop (set to 32-bit colour) can display digital colour photographs without any problem and ...

Open Excel with a particular sheet to be displayed first
Hi, I have an Excel file which has 20 sheets. Is it possible for me to open this Excel file and display Sheet10 first, rather than the focus in whatever sheet when last saved. Your helps are much appreciated. Thanks & Regards S. Hi Sathanga! You need something like this in the ThisWorkbook module Private Sub Workbook_Open() Application.Goto Reference:=Sheets("Sheet10").Range("a1"), Scroll:=True End Sub -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) availab...

How do i print an excel file in the form of a booklet?
I have a list of phone numbers and addresse that I need to print in the form of a small booklet that I can carry in my purse. How do I print it? What program and how to set it up? Also I want ohotos on the left and data on the right side pages. I'm not sure excel is the best application for this kind of thing. I'm sure you could do it (after a few hours/days/months of frustration!), but maybe you could find a better application by searching google. Or even put the data into MSWord and use that for all the nice formatting. shireen wrote: > > I have a list of p...

Form now Sub-Form, Query Broken
I recently posted this problem in "Forms" (Lost Focus of Form 7/27) thinking that was the problem, but recently discovered the problem appears to be in the query(ies). I've dropped a from into a form that has multiple tabs/pages to consolidate things. The other - now sub-forms still function as before, but this one retrieves records from the archive and drops them in the the main employee table. The following pops up as an input box - Forms.Archive.track I found this in one of the queries where: Field: Track - its the unique identifier for the employee table Table: E...

File does not display
I have a user that has a password-protected file that does not display after providing the password. The sequence is as follows: After double-clicking on the file the password dialog box is displayed, where I enter the password After clicking OK, another dialog box is displayed with the message "The filename.xls is reserved by user name. Enter the password for write access or open as read only. The OK command button is grayed out, until I provide the password so I provide the password again and click OK. I am then returned to the null menu. Going to Window, all options are g...

How do I change the elements displayed in the message list
How do I change the elements displayed in the message list. For example, to list "To" or "From" edit the view - to change just one folder, click on the row of field names and choose custom. To make all folders the same see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

How to reference fields/objects on a form
Hello, Can anyone help me understand how to reference the fields/objects on a form when querying/updating database tables? Example: Form name = "frm_Cont_master" 1. SSN (text box) 2. First name (text box) 3. Last Name (text box) 4. Company (Assume this is a combo box selecting Company name and/or Company ID number from a seperate lookup table). 5. Department (Assume this is combo box selecting department name/number from 2nd lookup table, based on the value in #4 above). Assume Company ABC has departments 1-5 and Company XYZ has departments 6-9. Selecting ABC in ...

Embedding a single workbook in a word doc
I prepare memos and I insert a bunch of tables out of a single excel file with a bunch of interlinked sheets. I typically insert them as pictures or linked pictures; however we often email the memo around for comments and and it gets complicated to have multiple versions and keep the links current. The other option is to insert the tables as embedded objects; however, if I do that, each table becomes a separate excel file, so I can=92t make changes to one and have it reflected in the tables throughout the document. Is there any way to create a single embedded workbook which I use several ti...