displaying a table on a form so that we can insert a new record at any place rather that at the end

how can i display the table on a form so that the user is able to
insert a new record not only in the last, but also in any place of his
desire. he must be able to insert a new record even before the first
record.
how can i accomplish this?
can any body help me out please........

0
ravindar

hi Ravindar,

ravindar thati wrote:
> how can i display the table on a form so that the user is able to
> insert a new record not only in the last, but also in any place of his
> desire. he must be able to insert a new record even before the first
> record.
Tables in Access (in a database) are a different thing than tables in
Excel.
There is no such thing as a record position per se. You can only sort
the records by any field or combination of fields to get your desired order.

So use a data source like

   SELECT *
   FROM [YourTable]
   ORDER BY [Field1], [FieldN] ASC|DESC

for your form and requery the form after inserting a new recordset.

mfG
--> stefan <--
0
Stefan
4/7/2007 9:18:34 AM
On 7 Apr 2007 01:42:19 -0700, "ravindar thati" <ravindarjobs@gmail.com> wrote:

>how can i display the table on a form so that the user is able to
>insert a new record not only in the last, but also in any place of his
>desire. he must be able to insert a new record even before the first
>record.
>how can i accomplish this?
>can any body help me out please........

A Table is an unordered "bag" of data. There is *no such thing* as the "first
record" or "last record" or "31st record", in any useful way.

If you want to see the data in a particular order, you must include some field
or fields which define the order, and base your form on a Query sorting
appropriately.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John

New to excel

Attaching Contacts to new email

New Implementation

New Record

Pivot Table Question #5

Status in table PurchaseOrderEntryDetail
Hello, We're trying to populate serial # into the PurchaseOrderEntryDetail table and run across the column 'Status'. What are the possible values for Status column in this table? Most of the time we see status of '2'. What does that mean? Please help. Many Thanks & Best Regards, Nikki ...

Table of Contents for each section
I have tried several times to create a TOC for each section of my document. They way it is now I can simply go to the Insert a TOC and it will insert e perfect TOC. All my text has been changed to the appropriate Level and I have no problem there. But I need to seperate the chapters to the start of their respective sections (I have next page breaks inserted at the start of every chapter). I have tried the bookmark method, no luck. I have tried other methods but I think my problem is that I have selected the appropriate fields and changed their levels appropriately. I have not mes...

Money End of Support
I may be asking something that's already been asked 1000 times (apologies in advance), but I'm just not 100% clear on something re: Microsoft's decision to end their support of Money. I'm a current Money Plus customer who uses the online features for stock updates, credit card downloads, bank statement downloads, and investment downloads (no Bill Pay). Reading their FAQ page, it seems that service should continue until 1/31/2011. However, when I shutdown money, I get a message that says "online services will expire in 21 days (that's what I got today). After ...

wprintf() could not display unicode chars which is > 255 to console?
Hi�� I encountered a problem about wprintf() to display unicode chars which is > 255 in my console app. I am sure I have defined _UNICODE in my VC6 Project Setting. I had a search with google and found that my question was some like the case: http://blog.kalmbachnet.de/?postid=23 . Is it true that there is some bugs in wprintf()? Thanks for your help. David I assume you are writting a c++ program. Can you give preference for ostream cout, wcout on printf/wprintf? use wcout like this:- wcout << L"How are you?" -- Vipin Aravind MVP "David" <David_Wa...

form fields not saving to table

Cannot Delete Any Records
We're running CRM 3 Rollup v3 and we have recently found that we cannot delete any records in CRM. We recently migrated over to a Windows 2003 Enterprise install running SQL 2000 Enterprise. Everything else is working without issue for us. For example I am a Sys Admin, and I receive a generic SQL Server error when going to delete an activity? I know that in the past this was possible, any thoughts? Sean; sounds like something went wrong with your migration. you can run a CRM trace or a SQL Profiler trace while performing the deletion to see if you can pin-point the error. Dave Ire...

Control End After the Sheet is Modified
Hi, I use control end a lot to go to the bottom right corner of my big sheets. If you delete rows & columns of data it no longer goes to the right hand of the data. Is there any easy way to navigate to the end of the current data? End and down arrow doesn't work if there are gaps in the data. Thanks for looking. Paul You should use <Home> <End> Kassie "Paul" wrote: > Hi, > I use control end a lot to go to the bottom right corner of my big sheets. > If you delete rows & columns of data it no longer goes to the right hand of > the data. Is...

Outlook: default new mail location
We seem to have a problem with users that log into a workstation that they have never logged into before. Basically, the default NEW MAIL location is set to a PST local to their c: drive. So, when they open up Outlook to check thier mail. All MAILBOX, INBOX mail slowly dissapears and is moved to the local pst file. Once, we configure the users Outlook profile on that machine and change the default NEW MAIL location to the Exhange/Mailbox/Inbox it works fine. I've heard about PRF files, but I am unfamiliar with configuring them. All I want is for the default NEW MAIL locatio...

How can I create Schedule Chart?
I have simply an activity list which shows START and FINISH date of related activity. I need to put this information into a Chart, so that i will get a bar chart highligting the line between the START and FINISH date of the activity. It is very similar to what we can create in Microsoft Project. Do you know a specific chart type for this? It's called a Gantt chart: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA010346051033.aspx http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html http://www.mrexcel.com/tip058.shtml -- David Biddulph "mezzanine1974" <savas_karaduman@yahoo.com>...

GPS 8 service pack 2 and add new company
After installing service pack 2 for GP 8, I am not able to add or log on to the new company. Error during upgrade is “Entries haven't made to all required fields. Would you like to show the required fields on all windows in greatplains” When I try to log on to GP getting another error “file for this company have not been updated” Please help Rajesh ...

can't open new worksheets in a separate window
I've been trying to open multiple wookbooks in Excel, but they won't open in a new window. Instead they continue to open in the same window - one on top of the other. I've tried playing around with the maximize and restore, but to no avail. I tried right clicking on the Excel button in the taskbar to cascade the windows, but the pop-up menu is inactive. any advice would be greatly appreciated. Running Excel 2003, Windows XP. This might be it: Tools - Options - View tab - Show: Windows in taskbar. Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "3R's" <3R's@di...