Display Table Name

Hi,

Is there any way to code a text box to display the name of the table that
I'm using for my query? I don't want to hard code it, since I have other code
that changes the RecordSet property.

Is there a way to have it dynamically become the name of the table that one
of the fields is coming from?

Thanks,

John Schping

john
to get the query name use something like =RecordSource
in the unbound textboxes recordsource
then use a query name that references the tables name

Barry

"jschping" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to code a text box to display the name of the table that
> I'm using for my query? I don't want to hard code it, since I have other code
> that changes the RecordSet property.
>
> Is there a way to have it dynamically become the name of the table that one
> of the fields is coming from?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John Schping
On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 08:48:01 -0800, jschping
<jschping@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is there any way to code a text box to display the name of the table that
>I'm using for my query? I don't want to hard code it, since I have other code
>that changes the RecordSet property.
>
>Is there a way to have it dynamically become the name of the table that one
>of the fields is coming from?
>
>Thanks,
>
>John Schping

Not easily, since a Query could very well reference more than one table: you
can have Joins, Subqueries, DLookUps... the expression "the table" is
ambiguous!

How do these recordsets differ? Do you perhaps have several
identically-structured tables for different subsets of your data? If so,
that's a Very Bad Idea....
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Creating a new table from another
Here is my table for sheet1: Shipment No. Product No. of Pieces A pencil 1 B pen 1 A eraser 1 A paper clip 2 B stamp 3 C ruler 1 B calculator 2 I am trying to create a new table in a new sheet (sheet2) that will list all the products and pieces that were part of shipment no. A This is what I would like it to look like Product No. of Piec...

Combo Box on Form putting numbers not names in main table
I have combo boxes on my forms with names for distribution. In the wizard I told it to put what I select in the main table however it is putting the numbers and not the names from the distribution table. I have the names displayed in the form. I want them to translate to the main table so I can run reports. ANY HELP??? On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 10:17:00 -0700, SarahJ <SarahJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have combo boxes on my forms with names for distribution. In the wizard I >told it to put what I select in the main table however it is putting the >numbers and n...

Showing Worksheet Tab Name in Cell
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C3C4D5.08029150 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does anyone know if it is possible to show the worksheet tab name in = cell on the worksheet? Any help would be appreciated. Neil. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C3C4D5.08029150 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DCo...

Product Name Field 100 chrs
hey al The product Name field is limited to 100 characters, is it possible to increase that? ive tried deployment manager -> schema manager -> but the length is grayed out I could change the field size from sql enterprise manager but not sure if it'll bust crm. any suggestions will be appriciate Thanks If you are upto your limit then I think you will need to create a custom attribute in the Product entity. I would check to see if there is another attribute already created that you could use for this purpose first. would be nice is ms could increase the length of the name field ...

How to display numbers as 000, 001, etc.
Quick question for everyone... How do I enter numbers with format 000, 001, 002, etc? I also need to be able to "drag" the cells down to get me all the way to 999. Any suggestions? Thanks, JG Select "Format Cells" and choose a "Custom" format. Type in "000" for the format. That should be all you need to do. "J. Gutierrez" wrote: > Quick question for everyone... > > How do I enter numbers with format 000, 001, 002, etc? I also need to be > able to "drag" the cells down to get me all the way to 999. > > An...

How to get only active tab to display in windows taskbar?
I'm running IE 8 under Windows Server 2008. Let's say I have two instances of IE running, and each instance has four tabs/urls. In the Windows taskbar, when I click on the IE icon and the list of windows is displayed, instead of two URLs, it displays all eight. I'm not sure if this is an IE8 vs. IE7 issue, or a Windows Server 2008 vs. XP issue, but on my work machine (running IE8 and Win Server 2008) this happens, but on my home machine (IE7 and WinXP) only two URLs are displayed (the active tab/URL of each instance). Is there any way to change this? I really d...

excel tables
Hi, I have a workbook with a two worksheets. Worksheet1 is like a parts table it has a listing of parts (windows) Window item, Cost of window, cost of screen, cost of grill. Worksheet2 is like a purchase order. I want to be able to select items from the parts table in my purchase order? I'm not real sure the best way to do that? Thanks, Geo Use Date Validate -> List to select the item Use VLOOKUP to get costs best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "geo" <roberts_g@marranohomes.com> wrote in message news:O3D9zF...

Using a callback function name as an argument in a function
Hi. Can someone tell me where I'm going wrong with this problem in my vc6 mfc sdi project, and tell me how to fix it? I understand the general meaning of the compiler's 2664 error message, but I don't understand what's wrong with my approach and how to fix it. The problem lies with argument 3 of lineInitializeEx() and/or the prototype and definition of lineCallbackFunc(). I used Class wizard to add the member function lineCallbackFunc() to my doc class. The function will be used as a callback function, by using it as the third argument in a call to lineInitializeEx() which I ...

How to edit NoteProperty names containing space created by IMPORT-
I use Powershell a lot to process bulk data exported from SAP and other systems. The export interfaces create CSVs with headings which contain spaces. This works fine but it limits the ability to reference the objects. A exported field might be called "Employee Number". IMPORT-CSV creates an object with a NoteProperty called "Employee Name" Now $obj."Employee Name" is not valid $obj.EmployeeName would work nicely Is there a way to modify NoteProperty -name after IMPORT-CSV or Is there a way to make IMPORT-CSV remove spaces from names? Tha...

Combo box NAME# error
I had created a form with combo boxes. Then I had the bright idea to alphabetize the entries by changing the properties of the form and now the combo box displays NAME#. I realize that this has something to do with the Control Source but it remains in the underlying table for the form...what did I do? ...

Defining a Cell for Save as file name
We are using excel as an information gathering tool on a piece of equipment that uses a "touch screen" technology. This works great untill it comes to the "save as" command, which requires a key board to enter a file name. The file is automated to gather all information from other sources, is there a way to default a cell value within the spread sheet to be the default file name in the "save as" file name entry. Currently it defaults to the template name and requires a type over. thanks for any feedback ...

How can i display the equation from a graph in my table
I have just finished creating a number of graphs each with 9 series of data. I was wondering if there is a quick way of copying the Power trend equation for each series in my original worksheet rather than having to copy and paste and then modify the equation to formula style. Thanks very much ...

Scale of Data Table in Graph Object
I can change the scale of numbers on my axis, but can I do that to the numbers in the data table, if I put one in the graph object? Ack! I'm not sure exactly what your asking for, but the built-in data tables don't allow modifications. An alternative is to create your own data table in the worksheet. Then use the camera tool to copy it as a picture into your chart. Using the camera tool will allow you to still retain links to the cells. You can get to the camera tool via the View -> Toolbars -> Custom option. -- John Mansfield http://cellmatrix.net "ST"...

Export table design
Can I automatically export the names of my tables, along with their fields and descriptions in a text format that can be pasted into documentation? On Nov 16, 9:02 am, Dan Neely <dan.ne...@gmail.com> wrote: > Can I automatically export the names of my tables, along with their > fields and descriptions in a text format that can be pasted into > documentation? Sorry, wrong group. On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 06:02:37 -0800 (PST), Dan Neely wrote: > Can I automatically export the names of my tables, along with their > fields and descriptions in a text format that can be pasted int...

How do I name my colums in Excel ?
I want to label my colums in an Excel file instead of the A, B, C, and D that it comes with. I double clicked on the cell and typed what I wanted in the Name Box, but when I print my file it still has the A, B, C, and D labels. You can NOT rename. But, you can use a label in the top row and hide columns/rows in tools>options. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Kath" <Kath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA20036D-4BF2-4C0B-B02A-0A4DF397E329@microsoft.com... > I want to label my colums in an Excel file instead of the A, B, C, and D th...

Excel 2003: Lookup Table vs. Validation Table
Does anyone know if it is possible to have an Access-type Lookup Table in Excel that fills in the field as you type - rather than just validates that you've entered the correct data? Hi AFAIK this is not possible with Excel (macros can't run while you're in Edit mode) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany C. H. wrote: > Does anyone know if it is possible to have an Access-type Lookup > Table in Excel that fills in the field as you type - rather than just > validates that you've entered the correct data? ...

How to Change Displayed on Master Visio Document Customer Shape Properties.
In Visio 2003, how can you change the shape properties that display on the main Visio document? For example, if you use the Raid Array Shape and fill out the 'U' or 'IP' information, it will display on the main document. I would like to also add the network name. Thanks in advance. so how did you get the ip address to display? Did you enter it into the text field? The units field is a special case. al "Master Tester" <nlmtest@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1123616282.120291.25350@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > In Visio 2003, how can you change th...

Linked MS SQL Server Tables
Using Linked MS SQL Server Tables in an mdb Access Database, if a query (not passthrough) includes joins, where, groupby (summations), and order by statements, what part of the query is executed on the SQL Server and what part is executed locally in Access? Jet is the master of the transaction, in that case. MS SQL Server is limited to supply/maintain its data, as any other heterogeneous source. Remember that your query can refer to a table stored natively in Jet, another table in MS SQL Server and a third table, in the said query, can come from Excel ! You can run the following query...

How to display both $ in pie chart and % in legend
I have a spreadsheet in excel that has some simple data Total-C $90 59% Total-K $24 15% Total-L $40 26% I'd like to display this info in a pie chart, but more specifically, I'd like to have the $ over the slices, and the % in the legend. I have been able to display both in the slices. I've serched for tutorials, but nothing indicates that what I am trying to do is possible without just typing in the percent as part of the series names. Any suggestions? Thanks, Christi Christi, This is what I came up with: Cell A2 "Total-C" Cell B2 "$90&quo...

HELP: Access table linked to Excel
The problem is as follows: I linked an Access table to a complex Excel spreadsheet (.xls). I also built a custom Access form to browse and modify the data in that table. Works fine, however the worksheet also has numerous calculated cells (with formulas), and these formulas have no effect while I am using the form. The only way to correctly update these cells is to close my Access application, open the spreadsheet in Excel and save it, which is a hardly acceptable process. Is there a way for those formulas to update the corresponding cells automatically, without having to close Access and o...

Account:Address Name purpose
Brand new to MS CRM; trying to get my head around addresses and heirarchies. What is an "address name" on the Account records? I thought it would be "Shipping", "Mailing", "Billing", etc. ... but that's apparently covered by Address Type. So what is Address Name used for? Hi We name our addresses Physical, Postal & Delivery. We understand this to be a unique name for the address while the address type would be more specific. Our primary address is the physical address and the postal address is the 'bill to' address. Regards\ Ma...

Naming a newly inserted sheet using VBA
I want to insert a new sheet and name it "ABC": Sheets.Add Sheets("Sheet1").Name = "ABC" This is fine for the first time as it inserts a new sheet called "Sheet1". However the next time I do it the newly inserted sheet is called "Sheet2", but the code is still looking for a "Sheet1". Can I do something simple like: Sheets.Add.Name = "ABC" Thanks in advance. What happened when you tried it? (It worked for me.) Ant wrote: > > I want to insert a new sheet and name it "ABC": > > Sheets.Add > ...

Seperate file extension from file name
In my code I have the user select a file to be copied. It then prompts the user for the new name of the file. The file is then saved as a string (e.g. "MyFileName.txt") I need to seperate the file name from the file's extension so I can have "MyFileName" and know that it's extension is ".txt" I think I can just use Left(myStringName, Len(myStringName) - 4) However: a) am i write in assuming that all file extensions are 3 charactors plus a period? b) what's the easiest way to check if the user provide file name includes a valid extension so i know...

Payroll batch in what table
We have an "unnamed" payroll batch. We cannot delete it or edit it. I'm trying to find the table so I can access it from the SQL. Anyone know what table the batches are in? Hi Patti, The Payroll batch table is UPR10301. You may also want to make sure that no payroll transactions exist in the UPR10302 table. Hope this helps! Lori -- Lori A. Baker HRM Consultant JAT Computer Consulting lbaker@jatnet.com "Patti Anderson" wrote: > We have an "unnamed" payroll batch. We cannot delete it or edit it. I'm > trying to find the table so I can ...

Syntax Error Writing in MDB table
I have an excel sheet that uses Access tables in the background to store information... The file has been functioning, but for various reasons, I needed to change the name of the Access file from "PDAv1_be.mdb" with a table called "clients", to "PDAdatabase.mdb" with a table called database. I now keep getting an error saying that input table or query "clients" cannot be found. When I change the script to "database", I get an error "Syntax error in FROM clause". The code causing the problem is pasted below... --------...