Display images on a running form

I have table with information fields which belongs to images stored on
the network. So in my table I also have a field with the path to each
image. Now we display every record in single modus, but if you look
for a specified image, it is hard to search. Now I want to display the
form showing all records at once (running form mode...?), but the
problem is that is shows the same image (the first one) at all
records.

I do not want to have the images in the table (database), but want to
use the path because there are a lot of images.

Is there a way that I can use the running form mode and display the
proper picture at each record.

Thanks in advance.

Dirk

0
Doekoe

On Oct 4, 5:19 am, Doekoe <d.schinge...@eromes.nl> wrote:
> I have table with information fields which belongs to images stored on
> the network. So in my table I also have a field with the path to each
> image. Now we display every record in single modus, but if you look
> for a specified image, it is hard to search. Now I want to display the
> form showing all records at once (running form mode...?), but the
> problem is that is shows the same image (the first one) at all
> records.
>
> I do not want to have the images in the table (database), but want to
> use the path because there are a lot of images.
>
> Is there a way that I can use the running form mode and display the
> proper picture at each record.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Dirk

Do you mean Continuous Forms?  I don't believe it will work for this.
You would be better off making a custom form.  Let me know if this is
the way you want to go.  If you need details, I can outline the
process.

0
OldPro
10/4/2007 1:46:22 PM
On 4 okt, 15:46, OldPro <rrossk...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On Oct 4, 5:19 am, Doekoe <d.schinge...@eromes.nl> wrote:
>

> > I have table with information fields which belongs to images stored on
> > the network. So in my table I also have a field with the path to each
> > image. Now we display every record in single modus, but if you look
> > for a specified image, it is hard to search. Now I want to display the
> > form showing all records at once (running form mode...?), but the
> > problem is that is shows the same image (the first one) at all
> > records.
>
> > I do not want to have the images in the table (database), but want to
> > use the path because there are a lot of images.
>
> > Is there a way that I can use the running form mode and display the
> > proper picture at each record.
>
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> > Dirk
>
> Do you mean Continuous Forms?  I don't believe it will work for this.
> You would be better off making a custom form.  Let me know if this is
> the way you want to go.  If you need details, I can outline the
> process.- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

Yes, I mean a continouos form. I found the right word later. I would
appreciate some help on how to setup a custom form.

Thanks,

Dirk

0
Doekoe
10/4/2007 1:55:12 PM
On Oct 4, 8:55 am, Doekoe <d.schinge...@eromes.nl> wrote:
> On 4 okt, 15:46, OldPro <rrossk...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

> > On Oct 4, 5:19 am, Doekoe <d.schinge...@eromes.nl> wrote:
>
> > > I have table with information fields which belongs to images stored on
> > > the network. So in my table I also have a field with the path to each
> > > image. Now we display every record in single modus, but if you look
> > > for a specified image, it is hard to search. Now I want to display the
> > > form showing all records at once (running form mode...?), but the
> > > problem is that is shows the same image (the first one) at all
> > > records.
>
> > > I do not want to have the images in the table (database), but want to
> > > use the path because there are a lot of images.
>
> > > Is there a way that I can use the running form mode and display the
> > > proper picture at each record.
>
> > > Thanks in advance.
>
> > > Dirk
>
> > Do you mean Continuous Forms?  I don't believe it will work for this.
> > You would be better off making a custom form.  Let me know if this is
> > the way you want to go.  If you need details, I can outline the
> > process.- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -
>
> > - Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -
>
> Yes, I mean a continouos form. I found the right word later. I would
> appreciate some help on how to setup a custom form.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dirk- Hide quoted text -

You will need to come up with an arraingement of labels and the image
control to represent one record, and repeat this arrangement maybe 8
times going down the screen.  Custom scrollbars can be added that will
allow the user to access all of the records.  Use labels for
everything except the images.  Name the labels after the fields they
represent and add a number to represent their sequence in the on-
screen grid. For example the first set of labels might be named
lblFileName1, lblRevDate1, lblPath1, and imgArtwork1, the second set
lblFileName2, lblRevDate2, lblPath2, and imgArtwork2.  This way each
label can be referenced with something like Me("lblFileName" &
GridRowNo).

The scrollbar can be made with a few labels and a command button.  Use
Windows Paint to create a couple of up and down arrow bitmaps.  The
command button is vital, although it is set to transparent.  It
intercepts all of the mouse events.  Using these events a label can be
programmed to move as a slide bar.  For this to work, the command
button must be topmost in the Z order.  The slide label which is
visible operates just below the command button.  The command button
must be as long as the label that will represent the scrollbar tray,
and be positioned exactly over it.  Obviously the tray label will be
lowest in the z order, then the slide label, and finally the
transparent command button.

Labels cannot be used for editing.  If you need to use this screen for
editing the records, then use an invisible textbox that is sized,
positioned over a label and made visible through code when a user
clicks on that label.

Use a variable called RecordInTopRow or something like that to hold
the number of the record currently residing in the top row of the
grid.  This needs to be declared at form level.  The scroll events
(mouse move events on the transparent command button) will modify this
number.  A function needs to be written to take this number and
display a screenful of records.  Concrete examples of all of this can
be found by searching the use-nets (google groups) with my name
(OldPro).  If you need further assistance on any part of this, let me
know and I will go into more detail in a later message.

0
OldPro
10/5/2007 4:56:10 PM
On 5 okt, 18:56, OldPro <rrossk...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On Oct 4, 8:55 am, Doekoe <d.schinge...@eromes.nl> wrote:

> > > Do you mean Continuous Forms?  I don't believe it will work for this.
> > > You would be better off making a custom form.  Let me know if this is
> > > the way you want to go.  If you need details, I can outline the
> > > process.- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -
>
> > > - Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -
>
> > Yes, I mean a continouos form. I found the right word later. I would
> > appreciate some help on how to setup a custom form.
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > Dirk- Hide quoted text -

> You will need to come up with an arraingement of labels and the image
> control to represent one record, and repeat this arrangement maybe 8
> times going down the screen.  Custom scrollbars can be added that will
> allow the user to access all of the records.  Use labels for
> everything except the images.  Name the labels after the fields they
> represent and add a number to represent their sequence in the on-
> screen grid. For example the first set of labels might be named
> lblFileName1, lblRevDate1, lblPath1, and imgArtwork1, the second set
> lblFileName2, lblRevDate2, lblPath2, and imgArtwork2.  This way each
> label can be referenced with something like Me("lblFileName" &
> GridRowNo).
>
> The scrollbar can be made with a few labels and a command button.  Use
> Windows Paint to create a couple of up and down arrow bitmaps.  The
> command button is vital, although it is set to transparent.  It
> intercepts all of the mouse events.  Using these events a label can be
> programmed to move as a slide bar.  For this to work, the command
> button must be topmost in the Z order.  The slide label which is
> visible operates just below the command button.  The command button
> must be as long as the label that will represent the scrollbar tray,
> and be positioned exactly over it.  Obviously the tray label will be
> lowest in the z order, then the slide label, and finally the
> transparent command button.
>
> Labels cannot be used for editing.  If you need to use this screen for
> editing the records, then use an invisible textbox that is sized,
> positioned over a label and made visible through code when a user
> clicks on that label.
>
> Use a variable called RecordInTopRow or something like that to hold
> the number of the record currently residing in the top row of the
> grid.  This needs to be declared at form level.  The scroll events
> (mouse move events on the transparent command button) will modify this
> number.  A function needs to be written to take this number and
> display a screenful of records.  Concrete examples of all of this can
> be found by searching the use-nets (google groups) with my name
> (OldPro).  If you need further assistance on any part of this, let me
> know and I will go into more detail in a later message.- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

Thanks for the detailed steps. I understand what to do and how is
should work. I will give it a try. Thanks for your help.

Dirk

0
Doekoe
10/8/2007 7:28:25 AM
The following code shows how to create a custom scrollbar and
listbox.

First, create a new form and add:
    1) a command button called cmdScrollBarTray; set to transparent.
    2) a label called lblScrollBarTray; set to invisible with a
transparent border.
    3) a label called lblScrollBarSlide, set to invisible, special
effect raised
    4) a label called lblOutline, set background to transparent,
special effect sunken
    5) 10 labels called lblName1 to lblName10, set border flat and
solid, set invisible=true
        Position the first label at the top left corner of where the
grid should start.
    6) 2 command buttons; cmdScrollBarPrevious and cmdScrollBarNext.
        Add arrow graphics for a finished look.
Second, modify the code to use your own table and field (type Text).

Warning: Access TOP, LEFT, HEIGHT, and WIDTH properties do not
accurately describe the actual area that an Access control inhabits.
This example compensates by adding and subtracting numbers here and
there.  If you swap controls, or change the border attributes of any
of the controls, the grid may not function properly.

Option Compare Database
Option Explicit
Private iScrollTop As Integer
Private iScroll_Y As Integer
Private iTopOfPage As Integer
Private iGridItemCount As Integer  ' Total record count
' -----------
' Define grid
' -----------
Private Const ROWS_IN_GRID = 10
Private sName As String
Dim db As DAO.Database
Dim rsCompany As DAO.Recordset

Private Sub cmdScrollBarNext_Click()
   If iGridItemCount > ROWS_IN_GRID Then
      iTopOfPage = Min(iTopOfPage + 1, iGridItemCount - ROWS_IN_GRID +
1)
      ScrollBarRefresh iTopOfPage
      Grid_Refresh iTopOfPage
   End If
End Sub

Private Sub cmdScrollBarPrevious_Click()
   If iGridItemCount > ROWS_IN_GRID Then
      iTopOfPage = Max(iTopOfPage - 1, 1)
      ScrollBarRefresh iTopOfPage
      Grid_Refresh iTopOfPage
   End If
End Sub

Private Sub cmdScrollBarTray_MouseDown(Button As Integer, Shift As
Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
   Dim x1 As Long
   Dim y1 As Long
   Dim dblSlideRatio As Double

   'If the user clicks withing the slide area then...
   If (Y >= (lblScrollBarSlide.Top - cmdScrollBarTray.Top)) And (Y <=
(lblScrollBarSlide.Top + lblScrollBarSlide.Height) -
cmdScrollBarTray.Top) Then
      iScrollTop = lblScrollBarSlide.Top
      iScroll_Y = Y
   ' If the user clicks below the slide then...
   ElseIf Y > (lblScrollBarSlide.Top + lblScrollBarSlide.Height -
cmdScrollBarTray.Top) Then

      iTopOfPage = Min(iTopOfPage + 1, iGridItemCount - 1)
      dblSlideRatio = iTopOfPage / (iGridItemCount - 1)
      lblScrollBarSlide.Top = dblSlideRatio * (cmdScrollBarTray.Height
- lblScrollBarSlide.Height) + cmdScrollBarTray.Top

   ' If the user clicks above the slide then...
   ElseIf Y < (lblScrollBarSlide.Top - cmdScrollBarTray.Top) Then
      iTopOfPage = Max(iTopOfPage - ROWS_IN_GRID, 1)
      dblSlideRatio = (iTopOfPage - 1) / (iGridItemCount - 1)
      lblScrollBarSlide.Top = dblSlideRatio * cmdScrollBarTray.Height
- lblScrollBarSlide.Height + cmdScrollBarTray.Top
   End If
End Sub

Private Sub cmdScrollBarTray_MouseMove(Button As Integer, Shift As
Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
   Dim dblSlideRatio As Double
   Dim iNewTopOfPage As Integer
   Dim iRecTally As Integer
   Static l As Long

   If iScroll_Y <> -10000 Then
      lblScrollBarSlide.Top = _
         Min(Max(iScrollTop + (Y - iScroll_Y), cmdScrollBarTray.Top),
(cmdScrollBarTray.Top + cmdScrollBarTray.Height) -
lblScrollBarSlide.Height)

      iScrollTop = lblScrollBarSlide.Top
      iScroll_Y = Y

      dblSlideRatio = (lblScrollBarSlide.Top - cmdScrollBarTray.Top) /
(cmdScrollBarTray.Height - lblScrollBarSlide.Height)
      If iGridItemCount > ROWS_IN_GRID Then
         ' ----------------------------------------------------
         ' -1 *(Int(-1*num)) always rounds a positive number up
         ' ----------------------------------------------------
         iNewTopOfPage = -1 * (Int(-1 * (dblSlideRatio *
(iGridItemCount - ROWS_IN_GRID) + 1)))

         If iNewTopOfPage <> iTopOfPage Then
            Grid_Refresh iNewTopOfPage
         End If
         iTopOfPage = iNewTopOfPage
      End If
   End If
End Sub

Private Sub cmdScrollBarTray_MouseUp(Button As Integer, Shift As
Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
   iScroll_Y = -10000
End Sub
Private Sub SetupGrid(iTop As Integer, iLeft As Integer, iHeight As
Integer, iWidth As Integer, iScrollBarWidth As Integer)
   Dim iRowTally As Integer
   ' Setup outline
   lblOutline.Top = iTop - 15
   lblOutline.Left = iLeft - 15
   lblOutline.Height = iHeight + 30
   lblOutline.Width = iWidth + iScrollBarWidth + 30
   ' Setup cells
   For iRowTally = 1 To ROWS_IN_GRID
      Me("lblName" & Format(iRowTally)).Left = iLeft
   Next
   iLeft = lblName1.Left + lblName1.Width + 15
   SetupScrollBar iTop, iLeft, iHeight, iScrollBarWidth
End Sub
Private Sub SetupScrollBar(iTop As Integer, iLeft As Integer, iHeight
As Integer, iWidth As Integer)

   ' Setup the UP button
   cmdScrollBarPrevious.Top = iTop
   cmdScrollBarPrevious.Left = iLeft
   cmdScrollBarPrevious.Height = iWidth
   cmdScrollBarPrevious.Width = iWidth
   ' Setup the scroll tray
   lblScrollBarTray.Top = cmdScrollBarPrevious.Top +
cmdScrollBarPrevious.Height + 15
   lblScrollBarTray.Left = iLeft
   lblScrollBarTray.Height = iHeight - (2 * iWidth) - 30
   lblScrollBarTray.Width = iWidth
   ' Setup the scroll slide
   lblScrollBarSlide.Top = lblScrollBarTray.Top
   lblScrollBarSlide.Left = iLeft
   lblScrollBarSlide.Height = 3 * iWidth
   lblScrollBarSlide.Width = iWidth - 15
   ' Setup the scroll tray command button
   cmdScrollBarTray.Top = lblScrollBarTray.Top
   cmdScrollBarTray.Left = iLeft
   cmdScrollBarTray.Height = iHeight - (2 * iWidth) - 30
   cmdScrollBarTray.Width = iWidth
   ' Setup the DOWN button
   cmdScrollBarNext.Top = iTop + iHeight - iWidth
   cmdScrollBarNext.Left = iLeft
   cmdScrollBarNext.Height = iWidth
   cmdScrollBarNext.Width = iWidth
   ' Turn controls visible
   cmdScrollBarPrevious.Visible = True
   lblScrollBarTray.Visible = True
   lblScrollBarSlide.Visible = True
   cmdScrollBarTray.Visible = True
   cmdScrollBarNext.Visible = True
End Sub

Private Sub Form_Load()
   Dim iGridTop As Integer
   Dim iGridLeft As Integer
   Dim iGridHeight As Integer
   Dim iGridWidth As Integer
   Dim iScrollWidth As Integer
   iScroll_Y = -10000
   Set db = CurrentDb()
   Set rsCompany = db.OpenRecordset("tblLocation", dbOpenTable)
   ' ------------------------------------
   ' Select the position and size of grid
   ' ------------------------------------
   iGridItemCount = rsCompany.RecordCount
   iGridTop = lblName1.Top
   iGridLeft = lblName1.Left
   iGridHeight = lblName1.Height * ROWS_IN_GRID
   iGridWidth = lblName1.Width
   iScrollWidth = 300

   SetupGrid iGridTop, iGridLeft, iGridHeight, iGridWidth,
iScrollWidth
   iTopOfPage = 1

   Grid_Refresh iTopOfPage
End Sub

   rsCompany.Close
   Set rsCompany = Nothing
   db.Close
   Set db = Nothing
End Sub

Private Function Grid_Refresh(iStartRecord As Integer)
   Dim iRow As Integer
   Dim bDone As Boolean
   Dim iRowTally As Integer
   Dim cTotalPayment As Currency
   Dim iRecordTally As Integer
   On Error GoTo ErrorTrap
   cTotalPayment = 0
   bDone = False
   iRowTally = 0
   iRecordTally = 0
   With rsCompany

      .MoveFirst
      If .EOF Then
         bDone = True
      End If
      While Not bDone
         iRecordTally = iRecordTally + 1
         If iRecordTally >= iStartRecord Then
            iRowTally = iRowTally + 1
            If iRowTally <= ROWS_IN_GRID Then
               Me("lblName" & Format(iRowTally)).Caption =
AddAmperstands(!LocName)
            End If
         End If
         .MoveNext
         If .EOF Then
            bDone = True
         End If
      Wend
      For iRow = iRowTally + 1 To ROWS_IN_GRID
         Me("lblName" & Format(iRow)).Caption = ""
      Next
   End With
Exit Function
ErrorTrap:
      MsgBox "Error:" & Err.Description
End Function

' ==============================================
' Add an extra amperstand after every amperstand
' so that it displays correctly in a label.
' ==============================================
Private Function AddAmperstands(sTarget As String) As String
   Dim sNewFormat As String
   Dim iTargetLength As Integer
   Dim iLetterTally As Integer

   sNewFormat = ""
   iTargetLength = Len(sTarget)
   For iLetterTally = 1 To iTargetLength
      sNewFormat = sNewFormat + Mid(sTarget, iLetterTally, 1)
      If Mid(sTarget, iLetterTally, 1) = "&" Then
         sNewFormat = sNewFormat + "&"
      End If
   Next
   AddAmperstands = sNewFormat
End Function
' ==============================================================
' ScrollBarRefresh(iTopOfPage As Integer)
' --------------------------------------------------------------
' Repositions the scrollbar when the UP or DOWN arrows are used.
' ==============================================================
Private Sub ScrollBarRefresh(iTopOfPage As Integer)
   Dim lngWiggleRoom As Long
   Dim lngNewOffset As Long
   Dim dblSlideRatio As Double
   Dim lngTotalRecords As Long
   lngTotalRecords = rsCompany.RecordCount
   dblSlideRatio = (iTopOfPage - 1) / (lngTotalRecords - ROWS_IN_GRID)
   lngWiggleRoom = cmdScrollBarTray.Height - lblScrollBarSlide.Height
   lngNewOffset = dblSlideRatio * lngWiggleRoom
   lblScrollBarSlide.Top = lngNewOffset + cmdScrollBarTray.Top
End Sub
Private Function Min(vNumber1 As Variant, vNumber2 As Variant) As
Variant
   Min = IIf(vNumber1 < vNumber2, vNumber1, vNumber2)
End Function
Private Function Max(vNumber1 As Variant, vNumber2 As Variant) As
Variant
   Max = IIf(vNumber1 > vNumber2, vNumber1, vNumber2)
End Function

0
OldPro
10/9/2007 5:20:55 PM
The previous version didn't handle clicking in the tray area above or
below the slide correctly.  To correct it, replace it with the
following sub:

Private Sub cmdScrollBarTray_MouseDown(Button As Integer, Shift As
Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
   Dim x1 As Long
   Dim y1 As Long
   Dim dblSlideRatio As Double

   'If the user clicks withing the slide area then...
   If (Y >= (lblScrollBarSlide.Top - cmdScrollBarTray.Top)) And (Y <=
(lblScrollBarSlide.Top + lblScrollBarSlide.Height) -
cmdScrollBarTray.Top) Then
      iScrollTop = lblScrollBarSlide.Top
      iScroll_Y = Y
   ' If the user clicks below the slide then...
   ElseIf Y > (lblScrollBarSlide.Top + lblScrollBarSlide.Height -
cmdScrollBarTray.Top) Then

      iTopOfPage = Min(iTopOfPage + ROWS_IN_GRID, iGridItemCount -
ROWS_IN_GRID + 1)
      ScrollBarRefresh iTopOfPage
      Grid_Refresh iTopOfPage

   ' If the user clicks above the slide then...
   ElseIf Y < (lblScrollBarSlide.Top - cmdScrollBarTray.Top) Then
      iTopOfPage = Max(iTopOfPage - ROWS_IN_GRID, 1)
      ScrollBarRefresh iTopOfPage
      Grid_Refresh iTopOfPage

   End If
End Sub

0
OldPro

Images Aren't Showing Up
Even though I have selected detailed display, images including photos and clipart are not showing up when I am editing the page or on print preview. The only show up on my printouts. Read the third FAQ here http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "km" <km@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:712FFE2B-A5AC-4A00-8F0F-5E3CF07F009C@microsoft.com... > Even though I have selected detailed...

Customize Contacts form...
I'm attempting to customize the current defalt form for a new contact. I was wondering if there was a way that I could customize the default form so that when I go to new contact my form will appear on its own instead of going to new form and use that instead... You need to publish your newly customized form first, using the Tools | FOrms | Publish command. Then you can make it the default -- see http://www.outlookcode.com/d/newdefaultform.htm FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via...

Selected subform record becomes unselected after code runs
After figuring out that you can't use a Split Form in Access 2007 as a subform, I went back to the old way of adding a datasheet view subform to my subform. (main, subfrm, subsubfrm). If the user clicks on a record selector on the subsubfrm datasheet, the subfrm goes to that record. However for some reason the record highlighted in the subsubfrm datasheet is no longer highlighted - it goes back to the first record. But if I put in a break point and step through the code, when it is done the selected record is still highlighted. The code is simple, nothing else happens on ...

Input Form vba help
I was recently trained in visual basic, so writting code and setting macros is very difficult right now. I need some assistance with something that I believe might be very basic. I have a supplier reject log that tracks rejected parts from our suppliers. The worksheet is set up in a table format with several columns for input. I would like to use the a custom user form found in the visual basic editor. I have created the user inport form and named it "Supplier Reject Input Form" The name of the worksheet is "log" with the name of the workbook being " Supplier R...

LED light box display--Only 11 mm LED slim light box in China!
Edlite is dedicate to develop comprehensive technology on advertising light-box including LED; CCFL; EEFL and FLUORESCENT series.We already sell numerous light boxes around the world for tradeshow booth or display purpose. More info,please enter into www.edlite.hk or mail jenny@edlite.hk. Edlite really appreciate for your support! ...

Form/subform issue
I have successfully (I think) created a subform that synchs with a main form and it's records; I've also created a command button for this subform to open after opening the main form; however, when I create a new entry in the main form, it does not synch with the subform. Why does the subform not synch with the new entry? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200706/1 joet5402 via AccessMonster.com wrote: > I have successfully (I think) created a subform that synchs with a > main form and it's records; I've ...

Staff Overtime Form
Dear experts, I've a worksheet recording staffs' overtime status. Each row is for one day. For example, a staff input start time and end time in cells A2 and B2. The overtime hours will be shown in C2. D2 is for overtime description. The question is, in cell E2, the supervisor will type either 'approve' or 'eject' into the cell. After he typed the word, I want the whole record or row 2 will be locked and cannot be edited by anyone except the supervisor by entering a password, say"reopen". This method should be applied to every row as the staff...

Enter data on to a speadsheet using a VBA form
Hi, can any help need to be able to enter data onto a worksheet using a VB form. And what part are you having trouble with? Helpful advice here... http://www.cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware (Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming) "Daniel Clough" <me@me.com> wrote in message Hi, can any help need to be able to enter data onto a worksheet using a VB form. ...

Turning an image the other way in Publisher 2010 ?
There was an easy way with 2003. Where thats gone I haven't a clue. I want to turn an image which is facing right, to facing left for example - any help ? "Phil" <plk.philk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:sVwzo.30326$MZ3.24527@newsfe29.ams2... > There was an easy way with 2003. Where thats gone I haven't a clue. > I want to turn an image which is facing right, to facing left for > example - any help ? With the resize handles showing press and hold the shift key while grabbing one corner resize handle handle with the mouse cursor. Move the mouse, righ...

Data Form from tables
Hi, very new to Access, I have project i am stuck on I have designed 4 tables: 1. Hardware 2. Supplier 3. IT Technicians 4. Staff details I think I have made correct Primary and foreigh keys as in Hardware ID, Staff ID, IT Technicians ID and Supplier ID as primary keys and foreign keys in relevant tables I need to make another table that stores fault logs and a user form to input this data. I have tried variuous methods, to no real avail. I want the staff details to be at top so that when user types in the ID there name and details appear and underneath they can typ...

Macro Running Slow
I have used the "Record a New Macro" tool often with great luck. Today (with brand new office 2003 version) I recorded a macro to insert a row below the selected row, then merge merge and format left (2 steps) cells atop each other (A10 with A11 then B10 with B11 and so on). The merging and formatting only takes place in 13 Columns (A through M). The process however takes about 5 or 6 full seconds, which takes a lot of time when I need to run it 500 times or so. I have done a lot of much more complex macros and they always execute almost instantly, but I can sit and watch this on...

installing running outlook
I am using Win 2000, and Office XP. Outlook was working fine. Then I made the mistake of trying to move the outlook icon on the taskbar and deleted it. Now Outlook will not run. I reinstalled it from original disk several times, and that seemed to finish appropriately. Yet when I go to Start/Programs and click Outlook, I get an error box titled Outlook, with the message : This application must be installed to run. Please run Setup from the location where you originally installed the application. Please help. keith beck ...

MSN Mail can not be displayed in preview pane in Outlook?
Lately my MSN email address that I read in Outlook XP download the headers but does not download the email message. I see the message in Outlook that states "This item cannot be displayed in the preview pane. The item is currently being downloaded from the server." I use to see this very seldom, now the past few days it has been constant. What is wrong? I can log into the account through the web and everything works fine? If you have the account set to download headers only you will see that problem. -- Install the latest IE cumulative patch for protection against QHost: ht...

Filter Data based on Form
Hi All, I have a form that is based on a query. I also have a unbound list box that the user can select a location from. The Locations are Seattle, Bellevue and Redmond. When the user selects a location I would like the form to only display the records with those locations. This is a Single Form not a datasheet view and this is not a subform. Thanks Matt -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200712/1 I would use the listbox onclick event for this. Dim strSQL as String strSQL ...

how do I lock a field in a form and use for look up value only?
How do I lock a field in a form, yet still be able to look up value in this field? Could you define your terms a bit more? I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish... Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does not constitute endorsement thereof. Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no guarantee as to suitability. You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disc...

Easy Way to Pull Forms Record Source Into Combo Box
I'm using a combo box to perform filters and sorts on a form. Is there an easy way to pull the fields in the record source into a combo box? Thanks BW Ok...just checked back in and realized how silly this question sounded. I'm wanting to populate a combo box on a form and pull the fields from the forms record source into the record source for the combo box. Thanks BW "BW" <basic8@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ebU$dU0DIHA.1316@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I'm using a combo box to perform filters and sorts on a form. Is there > an easy way ...

images >64k using GetDIBits and SetDIBits
How is possible to manipulate BMP images more big than 64k using GetDIBits and SetDIBits?? ...

Deleting custom forms in Outlook 2000
In Outlook 2000, I need to delete some custom forms. I have a QUE manual that says to go to Tools>Options>Other tab>AdvOptions>CustomForms>ManageForms, etc. but there is no Custom Forms button on my Outlook 2000. Is there some other way to delete these custom forms? Thank you. ...

Using web browser in a form
Anyone any experience of using MS Web browser in a form. On some machines it works fine, on others it becomes impossibly slow, (like minutes to load a form). Have tried decompiling the database and importing it all into a new database. This sometimes works, but never for long. I am using IE 7 on some machines and IE 6 on others. IE 7 seems to the worst culprit, but not exclusively so. All machines are similar speed >2.GHz >= 1GByte. Plenty of HD space etc etc. Any tips, or just sympathy [Repost with sensible subject line, sorry] ...

Force a service to restart or run without admin privileged?
Hi All, I have a WS08 Terminal Service running as a Virtual Machine. There is a service I need to have running that only likes to run if it sees a program it is associate with. It the service does not see its favorite program after a certain delay period, it stops. No problem (usually): when the program starts, it will restart the service. Problem: the service requires Windows Admin privileged, which I do not give to the users, so the program can not start the service. I have set the services recovery tab to restart, but the service eventually outsmarts the recovery opt...

Fonts not displaying correctly
I have just reinstalled my Office 2003 and now most fonts (all except the standard Arial, Times New Roman, etc) are not displaying correctly. They look like they are really low resolution, the edges are jagged instead of smooth and the text is illegible if the size goes below 10 points. These same fonts are displaying as they should in other software applications that do not belong to the Office suite, so it has nothing to do with screen resolution. This problem only started after I reinstalled Office last week. Can anybody help me please? ...

form
How can I make a form full screen? Without access menu in the top of screen! thanks On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 11:57:08 +0300, "Florin" <florin_serban@hotmail.com> wrote: Set the Popup property to True. You can then play outside of the Access MDI window. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >How can I make a form full screen? Without access menu in the top of screen! > >thanks > ...

form still on task bar
I have added the code below to the on click event of a command button I want the form to be closed because when I navigate to a new form this form is a subform on the mainform(not linked) just a list but I have to refresh form manually DoCmd.Close acForm, "[JeffJobsToBEATqry Form]" thought when use the above code - the current form jeffjobstobeatqry form should CLOSE(not see on taskbar) and then when Main form opens it will Reopen and refresh??? why is the form still showing up on taskbar(doesn't seem to be closing with the above code)?? Thanks, Barb Hi ...

Create a smart textbox that display a list as you start typing in
Hi All, Is it possible to start displaying items once I start typing in a textbox? For eg, I have a userform connected to access database, Once I start typing in Name text box it displays the result below (something like google search) SO if I type in "A" i get all the names starting with "A" such as: Name: [ A.... ] Aaron Aber Acron If I type in a number, "2" I get the list of phone numbers starting with 2 and so on. Can this be done in VBA? Hope I made it clear. Thanks in Advance Yes it i...

Blank/Grey Workbook Display
I can only view a workbook when I click on Fullscreen under the View dropdown menu. Otherwise, all I get is a blank display. I can move around the worksheet and the cell contents in the formula bar changes, but nothing is displayed until I click on Fullscreen. I am using Excel 2003, if that helps. Any help with this would be much appreciated. Go to Window-Arrange, and hit OK. **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification Coming Soon! www.VBAExpress.com/training/ ******************************** "Frank Brower" <Frank Brower@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...