DISABLE printing by Ctrl-P

How can I DISABLE the printing function (under current report) by pressing
Ctrl-P.

Actually I would like to allow printing ONLY by pressing my 'print' button
that have already placed control.

--
aw

On 19 May, 05:04, aw <a...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> How can I DISABLE the printing function (under current report) by pressin=
> Ctrl-P. =A0
>
> Actually I would like to allow printing ONLY by pressing my 'print' butto=
> that have already placed control.
>
> --
> aw

Create a macro called AutoKeys (the name is very important).

Make sure in the design view of the macro you can see the title Macro
Name and in this field enter ^P and save it (just that and nothing
else).

Now when the database is opened it should have effectively disabled
the keystoke Ctrl+P.

Hope this helps.
0
tony
5/19/2010 10:15:32 AM
However, the menu shortcut keystrokes which take you to the
same place will still exist. We last tried this many years ago,
and at the time it was not possible to alternate access keys.

(david)

"tony" <tony.atack@googlemail.com> wrote in message
On 19 May, 05:04, aw <a...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> How can I DISABLE the printing function (under current report) by pressing
> Ctrl-P.
>
> Actually I would like to allow printing ONLY by pressing my 'print' button
> that have already placed control.
>
> --
> aw

Create a macro called AutoKeys (the name is very important).

Make sure in the design view of the macro you can see the title Macro
Name and in this field enter ^P and save it (just that and nothing
else).

Now when the database is opened it should have effectively disabled
the keystoke Ctrl+P.

Hope this helps.

0
david
5/20/2010 7:23:47 AM
On 20 May, 08:23, "david" <da...@nospam.au> wrote:
> However, the menu shortcut keystrokes which take you to the
> same place will still exist. We last tried this many years ago,
> and at the time it was not possible to alternate access keys.
>
> (david)
>
> "tony" <tony.at...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

> On 19 May, 05:04, aw <a...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > How can I DISABLE the printing function (under current report) by pressing
> > Ctrl-P.
>
> > Actually I would like to allow printing ONLY by pressing my 'print' button
> > that have already placed control.
>
> > --
> > aw
>
> Create a macro called AutoKeys (the name is very important).
>
> Make sure in the design view of the macro you can see the title Macro
> Name and in this field enter ^P and save it (just that and nothing
> else).
>
> Now when the database is opened it should have effectively disabled
> the keystoke Ctrl+P.
>
> Hope this helps.

Hi David,

Not entirely sure what you mean by 'the menu shortcut keystrokes' but
if you mean the user can still use the menu options then the answer to
this would be to disable the menu as well.

You can do this in 2007 under the options, current database, ribbon
and toolbar options and unticking Allow Full Menus. I pretty sure you
can do something similar in earlier versions. Opening the database by
holding down the shift key renables the menus.
0
tony
5/20/2010 10:49:35 AM
I have not tested this in any current version.
Autokeys does not have a key combination for ALT P
In report preview mode, ALT P brings up the print dialog.

> On 20 May, 08:23, "david" <da...@nospam.au> wrote:
>> However, the menu shortcut keystrokes which take you to the
>> same place will still exist. We last tried this many years ago,
>> and at the time it was not possible to alternate access keys.
>>
>> (david)
>>
>> "tony" <tony.at...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

>> On 19 May, 05:04, aw <a...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> > How can I DISABLE the printing function (under current report) by
>> > pressing
>> > Ctrl-P.
>>
>> > Actually I would like to allow printing ONLY by pressing my 'print'
>> > button
>> > that have already placed control.
>>
>> > --
>> > aw
>>
>> Create a macro called AutoKeys (the name is very important).
>>
>> Make sure in the design view of the macro you can see the title Macro
>> Name and in this field enter ^P and save it (just that and nothing
>> else).
>>
>> Now when the database is opened it should have effectively disabled
>> the keystoke Ctrl+P.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>
> Hi David,
>
> Not entirely sure what you mean by 'the menu shortcut keystrokes' but
> if you mean the user can still use the menu options then the answer to
> this would be to disable the menu as well.
>
> You can do this in 2007 under the options, current database, ribbon
> and toolbar options and unticking Allow Full Menus. I pretty sure you
> can do something similar in earlier versions. Opening the database by
> holding down the shift key renables the menus.

0
david

Publisher Printing Problem
I am trying to print a booklet using 8 1/2" X 11" paper. My pages are half the paper size ie 5 1/2" X 8 1/2" with two pages on a sheet of paper. I am using a hp deskjet 6122 with the two sided print option installed. When I try to print,the second side is up-side down. Is there a setting in publisher that will cure this problem?? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from George Singleton <single111us@hotmail.com>... > When I > try to print,the second side is up-side down. Is there a > setting in publisher that will cur...

Disable Shift+F10 & context menu key in worksheet
Dear all, In Excel worksheet, I want to disable cell's context menu. Through VBA script I have disabled mouse right-click action by its event SheetBeforeRightClick. My question is how can I prevent by keyboard, Shift+F10 and windows context menu key? Thanks. -- Best regards, RL "Lurc" <lurchot@spam.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:upyxRQ0XFHA.1152@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > Dear all, > > In Excel worksheet, I want to disable cell's context menu. > > Through VBA script I have disabled mouse right-click action by its > event SheetBeforeRigh...

Setting a Default Print Range
I am using Microsoft Project 2002 and I was wondering if I can set a default range in the Gantt Chart. Rather than print all the chart I would like to print out the first ten or so columns on the left hand side of the Gantt Chart. Can this be set as a default as my colleagues forget to check it before they print it so it is wasting a lot of paper? TIA That is a project by project setting in File > Page Setup > View. If you set it that way in your templates, in theory, it should work - however if they create projects without templates, I am not sure how you would set it a...

correct other module entries in gl (reclass a/p)
When in GL transaction entries it would be very helpful if you could reclass "correct" entries from other modules and retain drill back link(for example A/P). Thank You ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutio...

Chart does not show up in print preview and wont print?
I have chart that is a workbook page but when I select print preview it does not shown up, only a blank pages comes up. And so it wont print. How can I fix this? I have Office 2007 and I can not select set print area or clear print area, they are shaded out. ...

close window disabled
When I open up an excel document, the close window (X) button is greyed out (disabled). What might be causing this. Windows XP (SP2) Excel (office 2000) ...

Label Printing Error
After upgrading from 1.2 to 1.3R (1.3.1002), I am now experiencing an problem when printing labels. When I am in the Purchase Orders screen and choose Receive, I then scan in the received items. I then select Labels, click the Add All button, select the ITD/RTD radio button and then click the Set Quantity button. Then I select the Next button and complete the Print Label Wizard. If there are 30 items on the Purchase Order, with one of each item, the wizard will consistently print 30 copies of the first item on the list. This occurs from any station and no matter how the list is sorted....

Extra pages printing
My report is printing additional pages? The report is created from a query, the query has a few tables with joins, nothing fancy. When the report is run is gives me: A. monthly totals "=Count(IIf(Month([IssueCloseDate])=1,1,Null)) B. =Sum(Abs([Days]<30........ C. =IIf([Text58]=0,0,[Text45]/[Text58]) Nothing too fancy again.. For some reason if the person had a total of 10 it returns 10 pages. I only want 1 page showing a total of 10 (each page does say 10 but prints 10 pages)... The sorting/grouping is only by person grouped on each value.. Please help - I've spent way too mu...

print a record
I have a multi user application and I would like the user to be able to print a report anytime after they have submitted the data. The user inputs data on a form. The user may need to print a report of that data a week later. Is there anyway for the user to view and/or print just the record they submitted? Shari The line of code for a command button on the form with the record to be printed: DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportName", acViewPreviw, , "IDField = " & Me.txtIDField where ReoportName is the report's name, IDField matches the ID field name and txtIDField ...

Contest Number Receipt Printing
Just wondering if anyone has tried printing numbers on the receipt from POS to verify that someone signing up for a contest is truely someone who purchased from your store? For example: When POS goes through the XML file when a receipt is being printed, it creates a random number and sends it to an outside source (e.g. Internet MySQL Server). It then prints the number on the receipt for the customer to use later when verifying they are who they say they are on a web based form. Does anyone know if this is a possible feat? I have some experience with the receipt.xml (edited the file bef...

Printing issue for Publisher Newsletter
I am trying to print a newsletter. When I view the printer setup it says that the newsletter is larger than the paper. When I click on print preview it has inserted extra blank pages. When I print, it inserts 4 blank pages in between each page I am trying to print. I am new to Publisher, so I am not sure how to fix this. HELP!!!! Are you using a Publisher template? Have you inserted a page? Is the newsletter letter size or tabloid (11 x 17)? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Sandy" <Sandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECBA1353-7B7A-461C-A6...

Mail-disable public folders?
Hi all, hope you can help here, I have ended up with some sort of mailed enabled inheritence or default for all the public folders; this was a new install of exchange 2003 SP2 (SBS); I am pretty sure that normally the default is NOT to mail enable public folders and the administrator has to explicitly email enable each one required. Apart from not wanting hundreds of email addresses being active, it actually means that some addresses are associated with folders and they should be used elsewhere e.g. associated with a user account. What may have caused this is that I populated the new ex...

HELP!!!! Printing only half of document.
I have a booklet I have created in Publisher 2007. It is sized to be 1/2 of an 8.5" x 11" (portrait)page so I can get 2 booklets from one set of paper. The total booklet is 32 pages (8 sheets of double sided paper). When I print the document 2 sided (portrait), only half of the pages print. If I print single sided all pages print. If I print double sided landscape all pages print, however the printing is in the center of the paper and requires substantial trimming (e.g. wasted paper). I have modified page size, margins, etc. and the same issues seem to be occuring. Inov...

Enabled or Disabled checkbox
How do I know if a checkbox has been enabld / disabled? >How do I know if a checkbox has been enabld / disabled? A checkbox is a window like all standard controls. You can test the enabled state via IsWindowEnabled. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq Use IsWindowEnabled. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "JackRnl" <Hccnet@Runit.Scarlet.nl> wrote in message news:bj7jup$2pp$1@news.hccnet.nl... > How do I know if a checkbox has been enabld / disabled? > > ...

Increment cell number when printing
I would like a particular cell in my spreadsheet to be incremented b the value of one after I have printed the worksheet. Any ideas on ho I can achieve this? Thanks Goody -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi the following increments the cell before printing (put it in your workbook module - not in a standard module). It will increment cell A1 on sheet1: Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").value = _ worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").value + 1 End Sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Fran...

POP3 and IMAP feature Disable
Hi, When i create User Bydefault POP3 and IMAP Exchange feature enable. I want whenever i create user account by default POP3 and IMAP Exchange feature disable. I am waiting for your reply. Thanks In Advance Sandeep Sawant On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 01:11:02 -0800, Sandeep SAwant <SandeepSAwant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > When i create User Bydefault POP3 and IMAP Exchange feature enable. I >want whenever i create user account by default POP3 and IMAP Exchange feature >disable. I am waiting for your reply. > >Thanks In Advance >Sandeep Sawant Clone...

Outlook is not printing the headers of the email
Hi there, I am trying to print a hard copy of emails that i send. When i attempt tp print the email only the body of the email and my signature are printing. The headers (To:, From:, Subject: etc...) are not visible. I don't think this is an issue but just an option I am overlooking somewhere. I have thouroughly searched the options from tools and have had no success. Any Ideas? Thanks ...

Slow Printing
Printing from Publisher to a Lanier (Ricoh) LD024c takes over a minute for a page with color pictures. Printing from Word takes 2 or 3 seconds. I've tried changing some settings but haven't been able to figure out why only Publisher documents are a problem. Can anyone suggest some things to try? Thanks. Publisher is more graphic intensive than a Word document. A minute isn't all that long if you have many images in your publication. Go to the Ricoh web site, there might be a newer driver. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news:...

Disabling / graying out a control at runtime
Hi, I have a control on a modal dialog, that I which to disable when the user does something. How do I do this? EnableWindow(FALSE); -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "Hamish" <h.dean@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message news:1A25e.16609$1S4.1692401@news.xtra.co.nz... > Hi, I have a control on a modal dialog, that I which to disable when the > user does something. How do I do this? > > look for [EnableWindow] api -- With Regards Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "I Believe ...

Printing Labels From Excel #2
Hello. We entered our holiday list into Excel, and want to print mailing labels from it (Avery type, 3 across x 10 down). Is this possible from Execel 97? How is this done? Thank you for your help. Gil Nisco I have a similar question regarding printing mailing labels from Excel. If you get a solution I would appreciate it if you would let me know. I'll do likewise. Thanks. ----- GilNisco wrote: ----- Hello. We entered our holiday list into Excel, and want to print mailing labels from it (Avery type, 3 across x 10 down). Is this possible from Ex...

Restrict Print Function
In MS Excel 2k3 is there a way I can lock down a file so it can only be viewed, to the point of not being able to print the file? If so is this backwards compatible with earlier versions of MS Excel? Thanks in advance. D. Allen This'll stop some people, but not all: Right click on the excel icon to the left of File (on the menu bar). Select View Code Paste this in: Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Cancel = True End Sub But if the user opens the workbook without enabling macros, it breaks. If the user turns off event handling, it breaks. H...

Rtf2
Hey All, I am using Stephen Lebans' RTF2 ActiveX control within Excel and almost everything works quite magically. The only issue I am having is when I go to print the Excel woorkbook the data from within the control is not printed (the only thing printed is "Print Preview Window"). I know most of you use this control in Access, but I was just wondering if anyone had a suggestion for getting around this issue in Excel. Thanks, Tom Short answer - No, I don't think so. Long answer - There are only a few RTF ActiveX controls that work properly to render themselves on an Ac...

Is it possible to print sticky notes from the desktop?
Is it possible to print sticky notes from the desktop? I have Windows 2007. I think you are mixing some things here. You probably have Windows 7 and/or Office 2007. There is no such thing as Windows 2007. As you are talking about "sticky notes", I'm guessing you are talking about the sticky notes gadget for Windows 7. As this is a Word (2007) newsgroup, you are asking in the wrong place. You should try a Windows (7) newsgroup. Yves "B. D." <B. D.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFF41B0F-3D93-4F24-94A4-0BE05E66F7E4@microsoft.com....

Disable 5.5 Start up
Can any one tell me all the services i need to disable in order to prevent Ex. 5.5 to not start in SBS 4.5? I had to swap out a motherbord and I can not reach the nic setting becuse the resources are being used by Exchange. Thanks for any help. Thanks all, I worked it out. >-----Original Message----- >Can any one tell me all the services i need to disable in >order to prevent Ex. 5.5 to not start in SBS 4.5? > >I had to swap out a motherbord and I can not reach the >nic setting becuse the resources are being used by >Exchange. > >Thanks for any help. >...

Picture Manager as a print to option
I have Picture Manager installed but would like to be able to select this program as a print (to file) option just the same as Fax, XPS Document Writer or connected printers. Thank you, You can "Paste" into it, not "Print". Sneff wrote: > I have Picture Manager installed but would like to be able to select this > program as a print (to file) option just the same as Fax, XPS Document Writer > or connected printers. > > Thank you, Your reply made me realise that I had it wrong. It was Microsoft Office Document Image Writer that I was...