DB Emailing Questions

1) How do i format the message text of an email in Access. I used macro
builder - action = sendobject. Can you use code builder? if so, please give
me an idea of how the code will be like.
2) Also can i assign the email to have a recipient automatically or do i have
to write it down each time?

Thank you in advance.

axm0035

On Jan 21, 11:51=A0am, "axm0035 via AccessMonster.com" <u56602@uwe>
wrote:
> 1) How do i format the message text of an email in Access. I used macro
> builder - action =3D sendobject. Can you use code builder? if so, please =
give
> me an idea of how the code will be like.
> 2) Also can i assign the email to have a recipient automatically or do i =
have
> to write it down each time?
>
> Thank you in advance.

ms.aspx/access-formscoding/201001/1

SendObject doesn't let you do anything beyond sending a simple e-
mail.  If you want to automate formatting (basically have any control
over your formatting), you need to automate Outlook.  There are
examples all over the place.
0
Piet
1/21/2010 11:19:25 PM
axm0035,

Not with SindObject.  Have a look at these...

http://www.candace-tripp.com/Pages/SearchResults.aspx?query=outlook

http://www.devhut.net/index.php?lang=en&id=0000000007

http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/email/outlook.htm

http://www.blueclaw-db.com/access_email_send_outlook.htm

Code to sent Multiple eMails:
http://www.datastrat.com/Code/MultipleEmail.txt

Download sample database EmalSenate2K (PLEASE do not send eMail from this
database to the eMails shown.  This is for demonstration purposes only!):
http://www.datastrat.com/DataStrat2.html

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"axm0035 via AccessMonster.com" <u56602@uwe> wrote in message
> 1) How do i format the message text of an email in Access. I used macro
> builder - action = sendobject. Can you use code builder? if so, please
> give
> me an idea of how the code will be like.
> 2) Also can i assign the email to have a recipient automatically or do i
> have
> to write it down each time?
>
> Thank you in advance.

Gina
1/21/2010 11:32:40 PM
Thank you.

Piet Linden wrote:
>On Jan 21, 11:51 am, "axm0035 via AccessMonster.com" <u56602@uwe>
>wrote:
>> 1) How do i format the message text of an email in Access. I used macro
>> builder - action = sendobject. Can you use code builder? if so, please give
>[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
>> --
>
>SendObject doesn't let you do anything beyond sending a simple e-
>mail.  If you want to automate formatting (basically have any control
>over your formatting), you need to automate Outlook.  There are
>examples all over the place.

axm0035
1/22/2010 3:31:05 PM
Thank you.

Gina Whipp wrote:
>axm0035,
>
>Not with SindObject.  Have a look at these...
>
>http://www.candace-tripp.com/Pages/SearchResults.aspx?query=outlook
>
>http://www.devhut.net/index.php?lang=en&id=0000000007
>
>http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/email/outlook.htm
>
>http://www.blueclaw-db.com/access_email_send_outlook.htm
>
>Code to sent Multiple eMails:
>http://www.datastrat.com/Code/MultipleEmail.txt
>
>Download sample database EmalSenate2K (PLEASE do not send eMail from this
>database to the eMails shown.  This is for demonstration purposes only!):
>http://www.datastrat.com/DataStrat2.html
>
>> 1) How do i format the message text of an email in Access. I used macro
>> builder - action = sendobject. Can you use code builder? if so, please
>[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
>>
>> Thank you in advance.

axm0035

Unable to create email rules! Any suggestions...??
Hi, I would like to create a rule for Outlook 2003 email, but I find no "rules and alerts" option under the "Tools" menu. It is entirely absent, not grayed out. (When I've looked up how to create a rule, it states you click on "rules and alerts" under "Tools") Would appreciate suggestions. Do you have a mail account installed? Are you in the in-box when you look for this option? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted wi...

Clipart question
I upgraded to Pub2002 from Pub98. I work from home and my employer upgraded my Office 97 to Office 2000. Well, now when I try to get to my clipart from the Clip Gallery Frame plug-in, it wants the Office 2000 disk, which I don't have (my employer keeps all disks). Is there somewhere in Pub2002 that I can change the path from the Office 2000 disk to my Pub2002 disk? When I try to do the "Change Location" option, it looks for that specific clip art file and my disk has 6 or 7 folders of clip art. Thanks, Kristie PUB2000 Error Message: The Feature You Are Trying to Use Is No...

with ref to the dialog editor question
A few days ago I posted a question about "dialog editor." (please see below) Perhaps I was asking the wrong question. I'm trying to create a form to input data similar to the one found by doing a <DATA-Form> but with my own comments etc and using the targets as different parts of the spreadsheet. Please can anyone give me a clue on how to start Regards DAVE Bristol UK "Can someone please help. I am trying to start the dialog editor. my book says :- 1 In microsoft excel for windows, choose Run from the microsoft excel control menu. 2 Select the dialog editor o...

why can't I get outlook to send when I'm emailing a webpage?
Hi. When I try to email a webpage to someone, Outlook immediately opens with the email template but it is always missing the send button and there is no option under actions to send it either. What is going on? Thanks!!! If you tell us your Outlook version and Windows version, and exactly what you're doing to send the page, then you'll have a better chance of getting a response. The Internet Explorer version might also be helpful. -- TechieBird http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com "reinadelmar" wrote: > Hi. When I try to email a webpage to someone, Outlook immediately...

Shared/Group Email
I'm coming from having worked with FirstClass as an email and calendar system and had access to a shared group that all members of the organization could both post and read mail items in. Is there a way in Outlook that this can also be done? thanks "Jo-Anne" <Jo-Anne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FEA38DD5-1895-455B-BAA4-0D5FB8DE5D4A@microsoft.com... > I'm coming from having worked with FirstClass as an email and calendar > system > and had access to a shared group that all members of the organization > could > both ...

CString Question #3
How do you go about passing information from one class to a dialog box class. I can do it useing char pointers , i was wanting to try CString pointers. Am i missing something eg CDeleteConformation::CDeleteConformation(char *DeleteTableName) : CDialog(CDeleteConformation::IDD) I know that i can pass cstring into but how do i pass it back as a pointer to an address. so i can change it. CDeleteConformation::CDeleteConformation(CString DeleteTableName) : CDialog(CDeleteConformation::IDD) thanks kevin_mfc@ihug.com.au >eg >CDeleteConformation::CDeleteConformation(char *DeleteT...

IMS
Hello All: I don't know if it is because I never closely monitored this queue or the server is having issues, but in the Internet Mail Service - Outbound Messages Awaiting Conversion Queue, I am seeing a rather large buildup of messages, most of which are mailer-daemon@ourdomain.com I am also seeing messages destined for internal users.... Can anyone tell me is thi sis normal? I also have a user complaining that someone outside of the company keeps getting a email from her over and over again. I am wondering if the 2 situations here are related or if I have 2 seperate issues. At any ra...

Where can I delete an old/incorrect email address?
I'm using Outlook 2003 So I have, say, Sandy in my contacts book. Her email is SW@...... Later her email changes to SAW@...... I make the change in my contacts. But when I'm creating a new email and I start to type "Sandy..." in the TO field, it still finds the old "SW@..." address. Why? How can I delete that old & incorrect address forever? (Without starting from scratch and loosing all my old email?) Thanks Gary use arrow keys to highlight 'bad' address then hit delete btn "jabadoodle" <jabadoodle@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

chart question #4
Can anyone please give me some guideline on how to draw a chart with y-axis is the count of the item in x-axis? I am using Excel 97. Thanks. I am not certain I fully understand your question, but I am going to give it a stab. Excel charts are very flexible, and I think you need to keep in mind that you need to have the right data in place to draw the chart. I.e. don't focus on the chart itself, focus on the data in the spreadsheet you are trying to chart, and once that is in place, your chart will look the way you want. -- ChrisJ Omaha "00KobeBrian" wrote: > Can...

Unmatched Query Question
I have a database that I'm using to pull the names of students who have applied for graduation from an Excel spreadsheet, that is updated weekly, into an Access Table. Right now, I'm using an unmatched query to pull Student IDs who have not previously appeared on the Excel spreadsheet. At first, I was a little worried about this because if a student applies for graduation with a dual degree, their name shows up on the Excel Spreadsheet twice (see example below). 111000 Pig Porky BA.PSY 111000 Pig Porky BFA.FP Fortunately, as long as the student's ID number isn't on the Eval S...

how do I set up my email with outlook
I have just installed outlook but I can send emails form outlook, what do I need to set up and to link to yahoo? tokyo gyoza wrote: > I have just installed outlook but I can send emails form outlook, > what do I need to set up and to link to yahoo? You have to pay Yahoo if you want to use it in Outlook (via POP). ...

Undeliverable email message..._
My ISP migrated to a new smtp server and I had to make the necessary changes to relay my messages correctly. However, when I forward an e-mail or reply to a cashed mail address I receive the following: From: System Administrator Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 4:26 PM To: email@domain.com Subject: Undeliverable:RE: Message Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Message Sent: 10/4/2004 4:26 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: email@domain.com on 10/4/2004 4:26 PM You do ...

How to paste animation in publisher for an email message
In a MS Publisher document, I have pasted animated bmp & gif files. When I send the doc by MS Outlook email, the animation doesn't work when the message is pulled up. Is there a special way to paste & activate animation in Publisher? This is not an option in Publisher. Publisher automatically changes the animated images to normal images. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Flyboy" <Flyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

A question about threads and message queues.
I'm writing a program using MFC, actually I've done this technique several times. I have a primary UI in one window, and I make a UI thread that has a different window that is displaying some graphics. I have a commercial graphics library that has 'transitions' (ways to go from one image to another using wipes or fades and the like). These transitions can be run in a loop for high speed, but still take a few seconds, during which time the UI on all threads in the app freeze. The solution to this is to repeatedly send a message to do the next step (via a timer or otherwise) ...

outlook 2003 missing emails offline
I am trying to setup a user with an offline folder in outlook 2003. The problem is it does not download all his emails. ON the server it shows he has 200 emails, but in his offline it is only 30. I checked and there is no filters or anything on it. I tried recreating his offline folders and everything, to no avail. Any suggestions? It looks like the emails he is missing are a month or so old, although he has older ones from a few years ago? Did you check to see which folders are set for offline synch? Is this user using Exchange Cached Mode? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post al...

Arrows in Email
When I receive text in some emails, the sentences are preceeded by arrows. Can someone tell me a little information about these arrows, like if I want to send the message to to someone else without arrows, and how do they get there in the first place? Gus Gus GusGus <charlieg@charter.net> wrote: > When I receive text in some emails, the sentences are preceeded by > arrows. Can someone tell me a little information about these arrows, > like if I want to send the message to to someone else without arrows, > and how do they get there in the first place? You are using...

pictures and graphics not displaying in emails
I used to always see pictures, logos, graphics, etc. in incoming emails from various companies whose newsletters or ads I subscribe to. Now there is just a box with an x in it. I have tried to change every option I thought might return things to the way they were, but with no luck. I believe this happened after I installed some updates to the Vista OS. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone know how to solve it? Thanks. Toole | Options | Security. Uncheck: "Block images...........". -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA ...

Email Alerts
I access my exchange 2003 mailbox from outlook2003/windows xp pro. The exchange 2003 runs on a stand-alone server. I am trying to notify, via e-mail, a user outside of my domain when e-mail arrives from any user that is on my contact list. I want the notification to take place even when my windows xp pro is not on. Could someone tell me how I can accomplish this? Thanks in advance ...

Launch trackable email from Adobe
I have a report written in SRS and then exported to .pdf. I want to email this pdf to my clients using acrobats File > email functionality but when the outlook email window opens, there is no Track in CRM buttons/toolbar. Has anyone got a work around for this or any ideas on why this might be happening? Mant thanks James ...

How to keep Outlook email conversations expanded all the time?
Gurus, I previously asked how do I make Outlook 2003 group messages by subject like Outlook Express? You know, how each additional message comes in beneath and just a little to the right of the message immediately above it? The answer was to go to View > Arrange By > Conversation (answer thanks to Milly Staples). My next question is, how to keep all conversations *expanded* all the time, automatically? -- Spin Spin wrote: > > My next question is, how to keep all conversations *expanded* all the > time, automatically? I never found a way myself, but what I did do wa...

Email Timestamp
When an email is received there is a received date associated with it. Also, if you open up the email, there is a sent date associated with it. Where does that time stamp come from? Is it from the users computer or the exchange servers computer? Will those 2 timestamps ALWAYS be the same? What type of scenario would they be different? Thanks, Jasper Friends, i am trying to write a little application that will send HTML mails with images embedded in them. By default Outlook (and Thunderbird) will not display the graphics. Is there any way to "sign" the images/email so ...

Email not received by recipients
I am using Outlook 2003 with an Exchange Server 2003. I have ZoneAlarm which isn't showing a hack, yet my emails when sent have gone somewhere other than the intended recipients. This isn't happening all the time, but everyday the intended parties get approximately half of what I've sent. I do not receive emails stating that the email could not be received, it is the intended parties that are emailing me and asking me why I haven't responded to their emails. Thanks, Gary ...

Yahoo Is Blocking My Email "Over Limit For Messages"
I am a Yahoo Mail Plus customer which enables me to send emails through an external email client using my yahoo email address. I usually only send 10 email a day, and am using Pegasus as my external email client. But today after I send about a hundred emails I could not send further messages, and I got the message: "521 yahoo.com closing transmission channel. User is over limit for messages allowed to be sent in a single day." This also happened a few months ago. But even when I am blocked, surprisingly, if I then use Yahoo On The Web there is no such problem. Spoke to Ya...

Axis label question
Hi all, Using Excel 2003, often the last few characters of the value (Y) axis label are not displayed when creating a data chart. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I've sometimes been able to force it to display the last characters by adding a couple spaces at the end of the axis title, but this is not an ideal solution and doesn't always work. Any and all suggestions are welcomed. Thank you! Vrin This is a known bug and your solution seems the prefered workaround. If your file goes to other, you may wish to format the added characters to make them invisible sinc...

Unwanted Email
Hi: I am getting gross email that I happily send to the junk or adult mail folders. However, I haven't figured out a way to do this, or to DELETE a message without having to open the message first. I've tried right clicking and have looked through the File, Edit, etc., etc., menus over and over again for a setting that will allow me to get rid of a message without opening it. I know that I can tell Outlook to eliminate messages for me if I know the sender's email, but, as you probably know, all of my unwanted mail comes from different sender addresses. This is imp...