Date & Time

Hi,

I have a form called frmDetails and I have set a text box (txtDate)
in
the form with the control source of =Format(Now(),"dddd"", ""mmm d
yyyy"", ""hh:nn:ss ampm") but the problem is I want this Time & Date
to be recorded in the table (called tblDetails) as it needs to be
used
for referancing when entries were entered into the database.
Can anyone tell me how to do this.

Thanks

Fiona
0
fiona

Control source should be the table column.
Make the default value your Now() etc.

-Dorian

"fiona.innes@metacor.co.uk" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a form called frmDetails and I have set a text box (txtDate)
> in
> the form with the control source of =Format(Now(),"dddd"", ""mmm d
> yyyy"", ""hh:nn:ss ampm") but the problem is I want this Time & Date
> to be recorded in the table (called tblDetails) as it needs to be
> used
> for referancing when entries were entered into the database.
> Can anyone tell me how to do this.
>

> Thanks
>

> Fiona

thanks loads works a treat.

0
fiona

Daylight Savings Time Changes
Hello, Does anyone know if the patch for Exchnage 2003 identified in KB926666 has to also be applied to every server that is running the Exchange Tools (System Manager)? Thanks in advance K On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:24:03 -0800, Kerry <Kerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Does anyone know if the patch for Exchnage 2003 identified in KB926666 has >to also be applied to every server that is running the Exchange Tools (System >Manager)? > >Thanks in advance >K Im all for consistency. If the patch isnt needed, it shouldnt install, so I would at ...

Date on Template
I created some templates and am choosing to bring over a date to be shown in the template when it is run. I have selected this attribute to be date only and not date & time. Every time I run the template it still shows date+time+time zone. Is there a way to show only the date and not the rest of the data. Thanks for any help anyone can provide. ...

Calculate Dates with If Then Else Statements
I need to calculate total years’ full time experience (i.e. 2.5 years, 3.25 years, etc.) in an Access 2003 database form. This is what I am trying to do: If the Full-Time End Date is Blank, use Today's Date, ELSE if the Full-Time End Date has a Date, use that Date. Separately, these two formulas work: =DateDiff("m",[FullTimeStartDate],Now())/12 =DateDiff("m",[FullTimeStartDate],[FullTimeEndDate])/12 My problem is writing a statement to calculate using the END DATE if one is entered, or NOW, if there is no end date. I have tried many combinations, but can’t ge...

Outlook locks up all the time
This is a shot in the dark. Ever since getting my new Thinkpad with Windows XP, Outlook has never seemed to work properly. I've run diagnostics on my machine and nothing comes up as a problem. I've installed a spyware program because after talking to IBM tech support, they suggested I try that. I also talked to another support tech, who suggested I reinstall Windows completely. I'm not a real technical person. Won't a re-install wipe out my files? Most of the time that I use Outlook for my email, it slows down and eventually locks up. When I restart my computer,...

Running macros for different cells at the same time
Hi all, Is it possible to run different macros on different cells at the sam time? If so how do I go about setting it up? Cheers Michae -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi not really sure what you're trying to do. Could you give an example? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi all, > > Is it possible to run different macros on different cells at the same > time? If so how do I go about setting it up? > > Cheers > > Michael > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Yes it is possible to run different m...

Filter Date
Hi, I have a form which contains a listbox (holding the values Process Date and Quantity) and I have a textbox which displayed the current month. What I want to do is when I click on a command button (cmdMonthDown) and the textbox value changes from May to April I want the values in the listbox to be filtered so that only those values are disiplayed that were entered in April. If I'm not making sense please let me know otherwise your help would be appreciated. Thanks Reference the text box as a parameter in the list box's RowSourcee, e.g. if the text box shows the month name in fu...

Task start/end dates from MS project to Workspace site
We are currently running MSPS 2007 with WSS 3.0. I am trying to create a list in one of the project work spaces. I would like to auto-populate two columns in that list with the start and end date of certain tasks from the Project Plan in MS project. I am thinking we can do this by linking these columns to the the project SQL database fields. So, 1) Do I use the published SQL databse for this? 2) Which fields in the SQL database would I have to link to get the Start and End dates? EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice AutoList in ASP.Net http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...

Date Format when incoming date can be 0
I have a date fiels yyyymmdd which can have a value of 0 or a valid date in recent past. Excel displays the 0 date as 01/01/1900 and the non zero dates as expected. Cant figure this out , any help would be appreciated. Excel uses a sequencial number from either 1/1/1900, or 1/1/1904 (depending on your options) as the date value for Example 6/3/2005 is 38506 using the 1/1/1900 if the cell is formatted as a date it is responding with the date it thinks you mean. If you want the cell to display a zero =if(Date=0,"0",date) "DP NY10601" wrote: > I have a date fiels y...

how to calculate the substraction between two dates
hi, i have two cells ,in which there are two dates. (for instance ,one cel l 08/02 ,the other 07/30) if the gap of the two dates is 2 days , something will be set to do. but it is difficult to judge the the substraction between two dates any good ideas. thanks Perhaps this might be of help .. Assume the *dates* "2-Aug-2004" and "30-Jul-2004" are input in A1 and B1, and A1:B1 is custom formatted as: mm/dd viz. it'll show as: In A1: 08/02 In B1: 07/30 Try in C1: =DAY(ABS(A1-B1))-1 Format C1 as: General or Number C1 will return: 2 i.e. the number of days...

Date Range
Hi, When I want the date rage appeared on the report header, I use textbox and put (qry criteria) in its recordsource. It works fine. However, For this time, I got a message like this ‘First([Between [From this date] And [To this date]])" Is there something wrong with the qry criteria? Would you please show me how to fix the problem? Thanks Chi It's very hard to understand the crtieria, can you post the full SQL What is the First in the beginning? Why there are to square brackes in the end And in the beinning? First([Between [From this date] And [To this date]])" T...

download the Credit Card transaction date not the the posting date
Then I download a statement from a Credit card and import it in to MS Money I always get the Posting Date not the Transaction date. Do I need another column in the register, help does not tell me how to do that? Or is the only solution changing each entry by hand? ( that doesn't make sense) This credit card offers downloads in either QIF or spreadsheet. In microsoft.public.money, riskymanr wrote: >Then I download a statement from a Credit card and import it in to MS Money I >always get the Posting Date not the Transaction date. Do you mean you first enter the transactions by...

How do I convert a time format to a double
I use a function to calculate the hours worked based on time 12:00pm to 4:00pm is 4.0 hours when I get the number for hours worked it is in time format / .27398237 I need the number 4 so that I can do my calculation. How do I convert it to a number? Multiply with 24 and format as general -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "DMB" <DMB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:552FAD83-E8D4-4573-B9FF-613DDD259C22@microsoft.com... > I use a function to calculate the hours worked based on time > > 12:00pm to 4:00pm is 4.0 hours > > when I get the number for hou...

If Formula , Adding Days to a Date
A B 1 06/06/10 I want to make a formula that calculate as following; in Cell (B1) if the date in future the result will be [Enrolled], if not it will be Cell (A1) + 730 Days On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 02:14:01 -0700, Khalid A. Al-Otaibi <KhalidAAlOtaibi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > A B >1 06/06/10 > >I want to make a formula that calculate as following; > >in Cell (B1) if the date in future the result will be [Enrolled], if not it >will be Cell (A1) + 730 Days Try this formula in cell B1: =IF(A1>TODAY(), "[En...

lookup a date from an array of date ranges if conditions are met
Please help...i need to lookup up a value on a specific date range. for example: column A: column b (from 9/01/2003 ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Sounds like autofilter could be something, select the data (should have headers), do data>filter>autofilter, filter on the date column using custom and gate than or equal to and put 09/01/03 as a criteria -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "nscanceran" <nscanceran.wj1qn@excelforum-no...

Release Date of V 4.0
Hi Does any one know the official release date for CRM V 4.0? Will CRM V 4.0 be available for partners before it is available for the general public? Thanks alot ...

in VBA how to retreive cell values 1 byte at a time?
How would I write VBA to retrieve (get at) the value in a cell byte by byte from its natural form? i.e. no conversions are to be performed. E.g., if a string, then I may get more bytes than for a number. Thanks. Penny, If the cell contains text, you can retrieve characters (bytes) with the MID function. =MID(A2, CharPosition, 1). You can get the actual byte values with the CODE function =CODE(MID(A2, CharPosition, 1)). If a number, you can extract the decimal digits of the number in the same way, but you're not getting actual bytes (as stored by Excel). Excel stores numbers in ...

TIME function used in Excel
I'm new to these newsgroups, so I apologize if my etiquette is not appropriate. I'm trying to help a friend whose computer was recently replaced. In his new computer, his custom macro will not run. He gets a "Microsoft Visutal Basic Compile error: Can't find project or library" with the TIME function highlighted. I first suggested using the NOW or DATE function, but he said it creates an additional series of errors. I also tried installing 'Windows Script 5.6' to no avail. Any suggestions on how to get this TIME function to work? Thank you in advance for ...

Date and Time formular
I'm trying to take one date and time away from another but having a problem fathomining it out eg 01.04.2008 10:55:27 - 01.04.2008 9:37:13 The date and time are in the same cell eg 01.04.2008 10:55:27 is in A1 A formula for this would be great if anyone has one to hand Thanks Just subtract =End_Time-Start_Time -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "SS" <Student.2@uk.bosch.com> wrote in message news:g0hgsk$jgc$1@news4.fe.internet.bosch.com... > I'm trying to take one date and time away from another but having a > problem fathomining it out > > eg >...

Date Formatting Problem
Hi I run Excel 2K I download info from the mainframe into a workbook. This information contains a date for each entry. This is the format that the "date" is downloaded in (29:53.0)....when the curser is placed on this example it displays it as 31/07/2009 12:29:53 AM in the "edit bar" of the spreadsheet. I can then format the (29:53.0) to dd/mmm/yy which then reads 31/Jul/09. However in the edit bar still shows it as 31/07/2009 12:29:53 AM. I need to be able to format it so that in the edit bar it only shows the dd/mmm/yy and not have the time format attched to i...

Date and Time #2
I see how that NOW() function works but is it possible to display only the time and not the date? Nick Use now(), then format the cell to only show time format=>Cells=>Number Tab, select time and pick a format. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Lord Of The Morning <Not@aol.com> wrote in message news:vmjrr6dsduv569@corp.supernews.com... > I see how that NOW() function works but is it possible to display only the > time and not the date? > Nick > > Yes, with TIME you'll get only the (current) time "Lord Of The Morning" <Not@aol.com> wrote in message...

Problem with query dates
Hi My records date range in the database is Betwene 20/05/20010 and 22/05/20010 . When my dateObject has a date of 24/05/2010 00:00:00, is shown me all the records less than this date, OK. But if I change the month, this date to 24/04/2010 00:00:00 shows the same records. That is even if I change the month the records that appear are always less than the 24 days without following month. There lies my problem. Note: My date style is dd-mm-yyyy and time is hh: mm: ss I really need to fix this.Seabra Dim Q1, SQL As String Dim DateTime1 As Date Dim ConnString As S...

How to add time from multiple cells & date Cells & machine type c
I'm trying to add up the amount of machinery downtime from a number of different cells but the thing is that I need to only have it added up by the date set in another cell (Which can have multiple cells of the same date) as well as the specific name of that machinery in another cell(which can also have multiples of the same machinery name). How can i get to just add up for that specific date, machine name, and time. Example: Date (Cell 1A thru 50A) Machinery Name(Cell 1B thru 50B) Downtime(Cell 1J thru 50J) Please help Thanks Example:Sheet1 Data Column A ...

Problem selecting TOP values by category and date
Hello,I need to add ranking to a table of values, and even through I've gonethrough everything in the group, I can't pinpoint my problem.Here goes... I have the following resulting query Date MeasureID Store Perf----------------------------------------------------------1/1/2007 1 5 100.00%1/1/2007 1 1 100.00%1/1/2007 1 4 97.00%1/1/2007 1 2 89.00%1/1/2007 1 3 89.00%1/1/2007 2 2 100.00%1/1/2007 2 3 100.00%1...

Changing time of recurring appointment
I've recently "upgraded" to Office 2007, and I'm having trouble figuring out how to do simple tasks that used to be easy in Office 2003. I have a recurring appointment in my Outlook calendar that has recently been moved from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00. I would like to change the time in the entire series, but when I double-click on it and select that I want to open the entire series, I get a screen that lets me edit the subject, the location, and the comments, but that won't let me get to the time. When I click on the Scheduling tab, I get a screen that shows the...

Adding cells togather on a specific date
Not sure if this is possible or i need to do a VBA or a macro or a formula. i am working on an excell spreadsheet for my vacation. I have a spreadsheet i am working with now and it is ok , just wanna make it better. What i would like to have done is i get 8 hrs of leave a month on the first of the month. i have the months running down the left side. in rolum A a number "8" in colum B. How can i get excell to add "8" to my running total automaticly the first time i have opened excel after the first of the month ? Hope this wasnt to confusing thank you -------------------...