Date function quit working

Hi,
I have an Access 2002 application that I have been running on Windows XP SP2
without issue.
I just installed the application (running in Access Runtime) on a Windows
Vista Home Premium machine.  Now, anywhere I used the =Date() function, it
fails and just shows #Name?

I also have a subform on one of my forms that has now gone blank.  It also
uses the date function.

I had this problem when I converted to Windows XP several years ago and
updating the OWC10.dll to version 6619 fixed both issues.
However, everything I have read says that reference file makes no difference
to the Access functions.

Does anyone have a suggestion on what to try to fix this issue with the date
function?

Thanks,
Beth

0
Beth

Beth

It sounds like Access may have "misplaced" one of its references.

Open a module in design view, click on Tools | References and see if any are
prefixed with the word "MISSING".  If so, note which one(s), uncheck them,
close the window, re-open it, re-check them, and try re-compiling (Debug |
Compile...).

Good luck!

--
Regards

Jeff Boyce
www.InformationFutures.net

Microsoft Office/Access MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor
http://microsoftitacademy.com/

"Beth" <junk@blueogre.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have an Access 2002 application that I have been running on Windows XP
SP2
> without issue.
> I just installed the application (running in Access Runtime) on a Windows
> Vista Home Premium machine.  Now, anywhere I used the =Date() function, it
> fails and just shows #Name?
>
> I also have a subform on one of my forms that has now gone blank.  It also
> uses the date function.
>
> I had this problem when I converted to Windows XP several years ago and
> updating the OWC10.dll to version 6619 fixed both issues.
> However, everything I have read says that reference file makes no
difference
> to the Access functions.
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion on what to try to fix this issue with the
date
> function?
>
> Thanks,
> Beth

0
Jeff
2/10/2008 2:09:20 PM
It is working fine on my development machine and none of the references are
marked missing.  It is when I put it on the customer's machine that it
stops.  That machine doesn't have Acces on it, so I can't do any
troubleshooting on it to see what happened to the reference.

Any other suggestions on how to tackle this?

Lori
"Jeff Boyce" <JeffBoyce_IF@msn.com-DISCARD_HYPHEN_TO_END> wrote in message
> Beth
>
> It sounds like Access may have "misplaced" one of its references.
>
> Open a module in design view, click on Tools | References and see if any
> are
> prefixed with the word "MISSING".  If so, note which one(s), uncheck them,
> close the window, re-open it, re-check them, and try re-compiling (Debug |
> Compile...).
>
> Good luck!
>
> --
> Regards
>
> Jeff Boyce
> www.InformationFutures.net
>
> Microsoft Office/Access MVP
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>
> Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor
> http://microsoftitacademy.com/
>
> "Beth" <junk@blueogre.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> I have an Access 2002 application that I have been running on Windows XP
> SP2
>> without issue.
>> I just installed the application (running in Access Runtime) on a Windows
>> Vista Home Premium machine.  Now, anywhere I used the =Date() function,
>> it
>> fails and just shows #Name?
>>
>> I also have a subform on one of my forms that has now gone blank.  It
>> also
>> uses the date function.
>>
>> I had this problem when I converted to Windows XP several years ago and
>> updating the OWC10.dll to version 6619 fixed both issues.
>> However, everything I have read says that reference file makes no
> difference
>> to the Access functions.
>>
>> Does anyone have a suggestion on what to try to fix this issue with the
> date
>> function?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Beth

0
Beth
2/11/2008 7:51:31 PM
Beth

I don't understand.

You have an Access application.

You have Access on your development machine.

You put a copy of the Access application on another PC, which does not have
Access on it.

The application doesn't work.

What am I missing?

--

> It is working fine on my development machine and none of the references
are
> marked missing.  It is when I put it on the customer's machine that it
> stops.  That machine doesn't have Acces on it, so I can't do any
> troubleshooting on it to see what happened to the reference.
>
> Any other suggestions on how to tackle this?
>
> Lori
> "Jeff Boyce" <JeffBoyce_IF@msn.com-DISCARD_HYPHEN_TO_END> wrote in message
> > Beth
> >
> > It sounds like Access may have "misplaced" one of its references.
> >
> > Open a module in design view, click on Tools | References and see if any
> > are
> > prefixed with the word "MISSING".  If so, note which one(s), uncheck
them,
> > close the window, re-open it, re-check them, and try re-compiling (Debug
|
> > Compile...).
> >
> > Good luck!
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> >
> > Jeff Boyce
> > www.InformationFutures.net
> >
> > Microsoft Office/Access MVP
> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> >
> > Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor
> > http://microsoftitacademy.com/
> >
> > "Beth" <junk@blueogre.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi,
> >> I have an Access 2002 application that I have been running on Windows
XP
> > SP2
> >> without issue.
> >> I just installed the application (running in Access Runtime) on a
Windows
> >> Vista Home Premium machine.  Now, anywhere I used the =Date() function,
> >> it
> >> fails and just shows #Name?
> >>
> >> I also have a subform on one of my forms that has now gone blank.  It
> >> also
> >> uses the date function.
> >>
> >> I had this problem when I converted to Windows XP several years ago and
> >> updating the OWC10.dll to version 6619 fixed both issues.
> >> However, everything I have read says that reference file makes no
> > difference
> >> to the Access functions.
> >>
> >> Does anyone have a suggestion on what to try to fix this issue with the
> > date
> >> function?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Beth

0
Jeff

How can I turn of zooming so that users can't change size of work.
I have about 50 worksheets and the employees will be updating there own worksheet. Some like to change the size of the worksheet by zooming out which makes it hard for me to read. Is there a way that I can set the zooming to a specific percent and then no let anybody change it? Thanks, cwwolfdog I think I'd let the other users do whatever they found comfortable. But I'd have a macro that changed the zoom to what I liked -- I could run that whenever I wanted on whatever window is showing. Something like: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim myWindow As Window Dim wks As...

Export to excel from ASP.Net
I have a page wherein the contents of a datagrid are exported to an excel file. All the columns are correctly displayed in excel except for the number columns. The formatting string for the number column is {0:#,##0.00; (#,##0.00);0.00}. The data is formatted for all numbers exceeding 1000 but for any number below 1000 the data is displayed as 1000 and not with 0's in the decimal places. (displayed as 999 instead of 999.00). ...

Does Microsoft CRM Mobile Express work with CRM 4.0?
Followed all steps in the CRM Mobile Express installation document but I keep getting an exception error message when I try to open the Mobile Home Page: (error details at bottom of page) Then, I applied a fix I came across on an internet forum which asked to change a URL line in Web.config files: http://localhost:5555/MSCRMServices/2006/CrmServiceWsdl.aspx instead of http://localhost:5555/MSCRMServices/2006/CrmService.asmx That did not work either. (made sure I refreshed web services etc..) Please help if you know of any workaround. CRM Mobile Express was written for CRM 3.0 - I'...

sales line detail window-after updating the request Ship Date-also
I am also using manufacturing, when you change the requested ship date, you get a window asking: You can update the In House due date, What is the name of this window in modifer? I would like to modify this form, so the No button is disables, I want to make sure they always click 'yes' How do I find this form in modifer? the form name is just 'Microsoft GP Dynamics' thanks -- Doug ...

Lookup Function in user form
I have a combo box (cboitem1) and a text box (txtprice1). I am using the code below to have txtprice1 fill with the corresponding price the worksheet: Private Sub Cboitem1_Change() If cboItem1 <> "" Then txtprice1.Value = Excel.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(cboItem1.Value, Sheets("Pizzas").Range("A1:B65536"), 2, False) End If End Sub It works perfectly when you enter an existing value in cboitem1. However if 'the user' accidently types a letter that is not the first letter of one of the existing items VB debugging pops up with error &qu...

Track in CRM function
Hello. Upon selecting the “Track In CRM” button from the CRM line in Outlook I have two questions based on situation: 1) If the contact exists in CRM it appears to attach the email but provides no notice unless you try to attach it again? True? 2) If the contact does not exist it attaches the email where? In v1.2 it opened a window and made the user create a record. I think it is attaching or tracking the email in CRM somewhere because trying to do it again, I'm asked if you want to attach/track it again. Does this make sense? By the way, we are using CRM 3.0 Thanks. After c...

Posting Date used in Revenue Expense Deferral
I have a PM Invoice with Document Date 16/11/2009 and Posting Date of 01/12/2009. Entered Deferral details starting 01/12/2009. In GL the deferral charges commence 01/12/2009 and are all as expected. The Credit entry for the full invoice is posted to GL with posting date of 01/12/2009. The problem I have is that the Debit entry for the full invoice amount is posted to the document date of 16/11/2009 and I want it to be the same as the invoice posting date (01/12/2009) Is there a way to do this? Thanks Audrey ...

Tracked changes function misbehaving
I have a simple workbook (2002) in which the Track Changes feature is enabled. End users have reported periodic problems with the contents of cells "mysteriously" changing. In process of investigating these, have found that when tracked changes are highlighted, the comments that describe changes are not always associated with the correct cell. Example, comment on cell B114 states "Changed cell B114 from '<blank>' to '12345'". In fact, contents of cell B114 is "67890" and contents of cell B104 is actually "12345". Has anyone...

Can excell notify me of due dates?
If I have due dates on my worksheet can I set something up so that I am notified on these dates? I've used this to help me. http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html "Deion007" wrote: > If I have due dates on my worksheet can I set something up so that I am > notified on these dates? ...

how to chart who was working when
Hi there, I'm looking for some help in producing a chart. My organization has hired about 100 folks since 1991, each on contracts of varying lengths of time. Some peoples' contracts have ended, and some have been renewed. I set up some worksheets inputting their names, start and end dates with the intent of producing a graph that will tell me exactly how many people were working for us at one time, based upon 6 month intervals. For example: John Doe 7/29/91 - 3/31/05 Jane Doe 6/21/94 - 2/20/96 Jake Doe 8/2/01 - 4/18/03 I would like a chart that can tell me how many people w...

Pivot Chart: Stop skipping Dates on X-Axis
I have a pivot chart which pulls 2 pieces of information from one table 1 and 1 from Table 2. All three entries are included for each day. Except somedays which may have only the one piece of data from Table 2 or none at all. How do I get the table to automatically fill in all the days whether they have information or not? =?Utf-8?B?UHJpbmNl?= <Prince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:A5EF53AB-6063-434F-BFC3-43259301751D@microsoft.com: > I have a pivot chart which pulls 2 pieces of information from one > table 1 and 1 from Table 2. All three entries are included for &...

Excel date changes
I have created a spreadsheet using excel which requires the use dates on a monthly basis (similar to a calendar). The problem I have is that every month I have to go in and change the dates on the spreadsheet to reflect those of the current month before printing. Is there a way I can make it so that excel does that for me every month. Thanks, I'd really appreciate the input. Please elaborate on what the spreadsheet looks like. "phonescoop@hotmail.com" wrote: > I have created a spreadsheet using excel which requires the use dates > on a monthly basis (similar to a cal...

2007 Slide Numbering doesn't work
I have a presentation in which the numbering doesn't work...I've gone step by step through everything I can find but I don't see it. Checked the master to ensure a placeholder was there, that the text is visible. I click on the slide thumbnail, click insert / slide number, check off slide numbering, click apply to all and okay. Nothing appears. When I go back to insert / slide number, nothing is checked. Any thoughts? Try ticking the option for slide number in Insert | Header and Footer instead. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's ne...

Dates #12
I have a rather looooong list of dates (mm/dd/yy). In a column beside it I want just month and year so I can, for example, find all books sold in a month range. Can you help? NO need where rngA has your dates and rngB is a count of the sales =sumproduct((year(rngA)=2004)*(month(rngA)=8)*(rngB)) to sum rngC if it had the price total for each date =sumproduct((year(rngA)=2004)*(month(rngA)=8)*rngC) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Lyndie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83fd01c48543$7d211680$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a ...

List of kernel mode compatible functions
Hi, Is there a list of kernel mode compatible C/C++ functions (preferably for WDK 7600)? Thanks, Jan Wouldn't that be the WDK Help file? Thomas F. Divine "Jan M" <jan_m@jerseymail.co.uk> wrote in message news:e7fhXcanKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is there a list of kernel mode compatible C/C++ functions (preferably for > WDK 7600)? > > Thanks, > > Jan > Your right of course. I just didnt look hard enough. Jan ...

Set Out of Office (or a rule) to only function on weekends
Hello, I am trying to set up so that every weekend my internal e-mail gets forwarded to my home(smartphone) account. I can only find options to run a rule or out of office assistant to run for specific date ranges. How do I set up either a rule or the out of office assistant to 'push' mail to me only on weekends? HCA.CWT.RN wrote on Fri, 02 April 2010 09:04 > Hello, I am trying to set up so that every weekend my internal e-mail gets > forwarded to my home(smartphone) account. I can only find options to run a > rule or out of office assistant to run for spec...

can i see the date the last time a cell was changed?
I am trying to figure out a formulla to make the date appear in one cell everytime anouther cell's data is chaged. Use a worksheet_change event to copy the cell address and put in a date stamp. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "JohnNuTek" <JohnNuTek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5085A544-CBF4-4B81-A244-B03DE9A0E9E6@microsoft.com... >I am trying to figure out a formulla to make the date appear in one cell > everytime anouther cell's data is chaged. There really isn't a worksheet formula to do that. Typicall...

FORECASTING SALES (please let this be a worksheet function)
Hi I have recently been given the task by my boss to forecast one of ou key customers monthly usage until monthly until end of 2006, I am starting with this customers indidual branches monthly usage fo the past 3 years, Some branches will have opened and closed during thi time, And i am looking to be able to predict monthly usage for the nex 18 months Has anyone got any idea's on the best way to forcast within excel, I a currently using trend (fomulae given to me on this sight) but people ar saying this is not the best way Exponentionally has been mentioned by a few of my collegues but...

IIf statement sometimes works
I have the following IIf statement on an unbound field on a form: =IIf([Loaned/Out]="0"," ","Out of Service - Please Exit and select another Vehicle") Sometimes it comes back with the correct "Out of Service..." or nothing if the vehicle is not designated as loaned/out, but other times it comes back with "#NAME?". Why is it not consistent? Thanks. -- Donna N. 1. If [loaned/out] is ever null you will get #name#. 2. Is [loaned/out] ever not equal to "0"? Is "0" text or a number? If it is a number, you ...

Using a OR() like function in an IIF statement
Hello, I am trying to create an IIF statement to test if the first character in a field is a 1,2,8 or 9. Something like the following: IIf(Left([possible_SO_match],1)="1 or 2 or 8 or 9",[Possible_SO_Match],"No Match") Is there a way to create it without going to a 4 level nested IIF statement? Thanks, Kerry -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com kkulakow via AccessMonster.com wrote: > Hello, I am trying to create an IIF statement to test if the first > character in a field is a 1,2,8 or 9. > Something like the following: > > IIf(Left([possib...

Query Not Working 06-11-07
Hello, I have set up a query for 1 table. The field I'm trying to run the query on is a text field. I enter a name (="smith, john") I get zero results. However I have confirmed that this user exists in the table. Also (if this helps), this field gets populated via a combo box on a form. The table being used for the lookup contains a "user" field which is also a text field Thanks. sometimes this is caused by a leading blank in the field. It displays very narrow. one solution sname: TRIM([field]) "CT" <ctroy01@hotmail.com> wrote in message ...

I use outlook at work. Can I check my outlook mail from my home ?
I would like to able to check my outlook mail from my home computer. Can this be done? If so how? "DKLI25" <DKLI25@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:983617A4-A690-4B43-8C2F-01C62FBAC672@microsoft.com... >I would like to able to check my outlook mail from my home computer. Can > this be done? If so how? If "Work" will allow, set up NetMeeting. Allows complete access to your work computer. If using Exchange at work, ask the Admin about using Outlook Web Access... much safer and more secure than using NetMeeting, which only a few compa...

if statement with dates #2

Money Plus 08 SP1 & Vista SP1 "stopped working"
Money Plus Dlx 08 SP1 17.0.120.1415 Vista Home SP1 I now get power exits with a "stopped working" when selecting the Investments tab. Everything else seems to work OK. I suspect one or both of the service packs. Any ideas appreciated, Don 1. Close Money 2. Bring up Internet Explorer and go to the Choice page: http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/controls/setup.asp and choose the Basic Tools 3. Close IE, start Money and see if that resolves the problem. Alternatively in step 2 delete the moneycentral.msn.com cookie -Mark "dbl30569" <dbl30569@discussions.micro...

downloaded service pack 1 and now Microsoft Excel isn't working ri
When I got to the icon for the save option I get this message "The file ' .xls' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do?" *save a copy *overwrite changes this dialoge box is getting annoying, If I choose save a copy I have copy's of my files all over the place, if I overwrite then it does just that. But why do I have to do this everytime I open a file? I have looked everywhere and can't find my answer. Please remember that I just downloaded the Windows update service pack 1 and I believe that this i...