Datasheet View and Runtime

------=_NextPart_000_0033_01CAB563.2A9A3760

I would like to be able to switch between Form and Datasheet view in
Runtime. I can add a command button to switch to Datasheet view but then
I cannot get back (without closing the form) since there no
Header/Footer display in Runtime and the right click does not work. Any
suggestions?

Thanks,

------=_NextPart_000_0033_01CAB563.2A9A3760

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16490"></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D703570523-24022010><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I =
would like to be=20
able to switch between Form and Datasheet view in Runtime. I can add a =
command=20
button to switch to Datasheet view but then I cannot get back (without =
closing=20
the form) since there&nbsp;no Header/Footer display in Runtime and the =
right=20
click does not work. Any suggestions?</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D703570523-24022010><FONT size=3D2=20
face=3DArial></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D703570523-24022010><FONT size=3D2=20
face=3DArial>Thanks,</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D703570523-24022010><FONT size=3D2=20
face=3DArial>J</FONT></SPAN></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0033_01CAB563.2A9A3760--

0
Jay

Jay wrote:

> I would like to be able to switch between Form and Datasheet view in
> Runtime. I can add a command button to switch to Datasheet view but then
> I cannot get back (without closing the form) since there no
> Header/Footer display in Runtime and the right click does not work. Any
> suggestions?

Right-Click works fine in the runtime. You just have to create your own
shortcut menu.
0
Rick
2/24/2010 11:51:23 PM
Jay
You could use a Form with a Subform and on the Mainform add buttons to
switch the datasheet however you want it..

If this helps Please Check Yes

Barry

"Jay" wrote:

> I would like to be able to switch between Form and Datasheet view in
> Runtime. I can add a command button to switch to Datasheet view but then
> I cannot get back (without closing the form) since there no
> Header/Footer display in Runtime and the right click does not work. Any
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks,

 Thanks Barry & Rick

Posted At: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 4:15 PM
Posted To: microsoft.public.access.formscoding
Conversation: Datasheet View and Runtime
Subject: RE: Datasheet View and Runtime

"Jay" wrote:

> I would like to be able to switch between Form and Datasheet view in
> Runtime. I can add a command button to switch to Datasheet view but
> then I cannot get back (without closing the form) since there no
> Header/Footer display in Runtime and the right click does not work.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,

Jay
2/25/2010 1:00:27 AM
One more question.

I took the subform approach and it looks good. I have a delete button in
the footer of the main form (I don't want a footer in the subform). How
do I code it so that it deletes the active record in the subform.

Posted At: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 5:00 PM

"Jay" wrote:

> I would like to be able to switch between Form and Datasheet view in
> Runtime. I can add a command button to switch to Datasheet view but
> then I cannot get back (without closing the form) since there no
> Header/Footer display in Runtime and the right click does not work.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,

Jay
2/25/2010 1:26:11 AM
Jay
Im not sure about your second question a delete button on the main form
might not be good if the subform is in datasheet maybe add a unbound control
with "Delete" As its text and a Sql in the controls double click event then
it will be there in form view or datasheet view.
 but you will have better luck with one question per post, try re-posting
your new question..

Also if your previous question was answered please update it as so..

Barry

"Jay" wrote:

> One more question.
>
> I took the subform approach and it looks good. I have a delete button in
> the footer of the main form (I don't want a footer in the subform). How
> do I code it so that it deletes the active record in the subform.

Viewing toolbar while in report
I've pretty much got this danged database ready for users, but am having a problem with the custom print toolbar I created not showing up in reports. I designated the custom print toolbar in each report property box (those that use it), but the toolbar doesn't appear. Am I doing something wrong? Linda ...

an option to show inactive contacts on the associated view
There need to be a way to display inactive contacts in the associated contacts view. Likely the best way is to have a dropdown much like on the associated views for opportunities or orders where you can apply different filters to the associated contacts view. Except the default for the dropdouwn would need to be configurable at least on the organization wide basis. The change that was made in 3.0 is bad, customers choose not to use Inactive status for contacts due to the fact they cannot see all Contacts linked to the account, instead they create a custom status field to track contact ...

doc/view 2 documents each with childframe and view
Hi, I have an application where I want an edit window like notepad. I've successfully built one using a COleServerDoc. I want a splitter window with a flexgrid in one view, and a tab control in the second (like SQL Server query builder). This splitter view has a seperate document which is derived from CDocument. However, both views contain the same data, which eventually is a SQL query string. I have two options that I see right now: a.) Save to a file when changing views, and populate the doc/view when creating the opposing view. b.) Have both views/docs/frames available for every M...

Pick list values not showing up in Opportunity View
Hi, I have an opportunity view with some of the columns being picklists - custom and standard fields - however no values are showing up in the view for the pick list columns. This only happens on Opportunities, i.e. Accounts, Contacts etc work fine. Has anyone else seen this problem? Thanks, Emma I have not seen this problem. However, I would try republishing all changes to the Opportunity. HTTH Gill >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I have an opportunity view with some of the columns being >picklists - custom and standard fields - however no >values are show...

Tree view of wiki pages: is it possible???
Hi all, I'm building a wiki site and I'd like to have on the left side menu (the quick launch menu) somehting like a tree view that let me easy navigate the wiki pages... maybe a wiki library is not what I need, because none will add or remove contents... basically I'm using a site as an "instruction book"... and the tree view should make easy to navigate the differents web pages... any suggestion??? Thanks Vit On Mar 19, 5:59=A0pm, Vit <fina...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I'm building a wiki site and I'd like to have...

Lines of text move when viewed in print preview and printed
I am inserting pictures with-in paragraphs of text. I have tried formating as both exact and in-line, using top/bottom. The text moves up 1-2 lines when printed or viewed in print preview. This change in text lines also happens when view is changed from 50% to 100%. I am working with two column text and the pictures are inserted into each column. How can I fix this problem? What version of Windows and Publisher are you using??? You people that think we have crystal balls or are mind readers are exasperating! -- >-----Original Message----- >What version of Windows and Publi...

"Enter Key" enabling on Property Page after editing a List View item
Hi, I have a List View on a Property Page (with a CANCEL button only). I am able to EDIT the List View items by using the BeginLabelEdit event & The EndLabelEdit event. But, after editing the item on the List View, I want the user to press ENTER key (normal behavior) so that he does not have to click elsewhere with the mouse to complete the editing. But, the problem with the Property Page is that after hitting the ENTER key, it dismisses the dialog. So, the ENTER message have been nullified in the PreTranslateMessage(...) function. So, how do I achieve 1. The enabling of the "ENTER&...

View the source of a message (Outlook 2000)
Hi to all! Since some months I search for a possibility to view the entire source of a message in Outlook 2000 SP-3 (background: by some means or other there is sometimes a message slipping through my filters - and then I DO NOT want to see it in Outlook's state-of-the-art multimedia viewer). In case you have questions: Yes, I know that I can view the header of the message by right-clicking on it in the overview and selecting "Options". Yes, I know that I can view the source of just the body by right-clicking on it in the message view and selecting "View source". B...

How to change multiple folders views in Outlook
When you first create an account within Outlook (currently using 2007 but I'm sure it's the same for other versions) it defaults the folders so that certain columns are visable they all have the viewing pane enabled. Is there a way of changing one folder so that all folders look identicle (Deleted, Drafts, Inbox, Junk E-Mail, Outbox etc etc etc). I'm sure there must be a way but I'd be damned if I can find it...and it's driving me nuts!! Cheers Glenn gloriousglenn@hotmail.com <gloriousglenn@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way of changing one folder so that a...

My Territority View
Does anyone know of a 'trick' to set up a 'My Territory' view(similar to My Activities where the territory would be dynamic depending on who is logged into the system)? Thanks. what would my territory display as each user can only belong to one territory? What are you looking to see in this view? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Nahi" <nvsimon@msn.com> wrote in message news:1115389770.997642.255740@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone know of a 'trick' to set up a 'My Territory' view(similar > t...

Time Out Error when attempting to view report
I get a time out message when attempting to view a report. The on the application event log it says that the application cannot communicate with the report viewer. CAn someone help me resolve this I receive the following message when attempting to view a report: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Request timed out. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the ...

Expand View in Outbox folder
OL 2002 SP3, Win XP HE Follow-up to microsoft.public.outlook Hi, I have added a filter "defer until" to my view in Outbox. It works just fine but always offer the view with the different dates collapsed. I then have to manually click on each date to expand the view. How can I make that view show the dates expanded always? Tx. S sat wrote: > OL 2002 SP3, Win XP HE > > Follow-up to microsoft.public.outlook > > Hi, > I have added a filter "defer until" to my view in Outbox. > It works just fine but always offer the view with the different dates >...

cannot open public folder calendar in calendar view
We are using Outlook 2003 SP1, Exchange 2003 native mode SP2, Windows 2003 native mode SP1 I have created a public folder calendar to use for vacation scheduling. We can see it in OWA and if we switch to the folder list view in Outlook 2003, we can open it that way, but we would like to be able to open it from the calendar view in Outlook so we can compare calendars side by side. Many thanks wongcna In news:u2$xFVZAGHA.3268@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, wongcna <wongcna@hotmail.com.nospam> typed: > We are using Outlook 2003 SP1, Exchange 2003 native mode SP2, Windows > 2003...

Use specific printer for reports in view mode
I designed a report using printer HP5000 PLC6 and the paper size is A3 in landscape. When I open the report in my laptop and I want to show the report in my resentation, it can not showed all contents of the reort, just a hals is shown, my question is how can we assign this printer to this reprot when I open it, although I do not need to print it, this is just for my resentation. My printer default in mypc is lHP desckjet 690c -- H. Frank Situmorang Might try installing the printer driver for the HP5000 PLC6. Might try suing the printer "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer&qu...

Ways to view your tasks
Hi, Is it possible to view your tasks pane in your Inbox so that you don't have to keep switching between the two sceens of Mailbox & Inbox? Our company is running Outlook 2003 if it matters. Many thanks. -- Dave Mitch "Dave Mitch" <DaveMitch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9093CC5-0C1F-4907-A308-DC58D1060571@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to view your tasks pane in your Inbox so that you don't have > to keep switching between the two sceens of Mailbox & Inbox? Not with Outlook 2003, but you can certainly have ...

Create a report to view percentage of income deposited to a particular account
I have a particular savings account where I deposit 10% of my income. I use this account to make certain payments, and I also borrow from and repay this account from time to time. As a result, I am not sure how to run a report so that I can see wheather or not I have actually deposited 10% of my income. Any help would be great. Thanks. was this confusing? or just that no one has an answer? On Mar 28, 11:43 am, "smokiibear" <smokiib...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a particular savings account where I deposit 10% of my income. > I use this account to make certain paym...

Here's how-to customize the Activities Associated View to add the "Due Date" field.
Unsupported yet possible... This link should let you add the "Due Date" field to the Activities associated view. Just replace mscrm with the name of your CRM Url. http://mscrm/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001903} Use at your own risk. Dear All, Please DO NOT TEST THIS ON YOUR PRODUCTION SERVERS!!! This is unsupported fix at this time!!! Dear Nathan, EXCELLENT JOB!!! I just tested this on a couple of my Test SBS2000/CRM Servers and this works like a charm!!! This simple but extremely effective fix really gives me the hope that we'll se...

View - Accounts - Look For
Under View/Financial Lists/Account I can now view all the accounts. If I want to limit my search to say anything with 610 as a specific segment, what type of wilcards do I use before/after? For example our GL string is AA-BBB-CCCC-DDDDD-EEE, and I want to search for all accounts with 610 in the BBB. Thanks You could put segment values in the user defined fields on the account card and sort by those user defined fields. But, if you preceded the segment value with something that would only appear in the user defined field, you might be able to get what you want. For example, in the s...

Can I Have Text In A Cell For Viewing Only?
I'd like to have text in a cell that is just informational. I would not want it to print, or more importantly, if the file were saved as a ..csv file, I would not want it included in that delimited file. I believe inserting a comment would work except that I would not want to accept that the user would be intuitive enough to look at the comments. Any suggestions are appreciated. Barney, Text in a cell will print, unless hidden before the print is done. It will also be included in a csv file. You could put the text in a text box, which could be formatted to not print. You'd use...

M07 Dlx Porfolio Manager views go missing?!?
All of a sudden most or none of my views show what they should. First it was Standard view working and all the rest blank. Then all views had this message "You currently do not have any investment accounts selected. Click the link below to see your accounts. See your accounts." Now the Standard view has a blue bar at the top, lots of lines and a scroll bar that seems about right, a blue bar with today's total change, market value, and YTD return, all with sane values, but no data on the lines. Changing to, say, Return Calculations, removes the lines and the scroll bar, but...

how to change font on printed copy of outlook calendar week view
When I print out my calendar by the week the font is too small. I can't find how to increase the size of the font so it PRINTS larger. I could change it on the view of the calendar but it doesn't change on the print preview. Randi Steiger;110316 Wrote: > When I print out my calendar by the week the font is too small. I can't > find > how to increase the size of the font so it PRINTS larger. I could > change it > on the view of the calendar but it doesn't change on the print preview. Which version of Outlook? Did you check the page setup options w...

Change default calendar view
How do I configure Outlook so the default calendar view is "7-day"? I'm getting tired of clicking "week" then "show full week" every time I access my schedule. Can the default view be changed? It should keep whatever the last view was. But I suppose you could set the work week to all seven days. Harry wrote: > How do I configure Outlook so the default calendar view is "7-day"? I'm > getting tired of clicking "week" then "show full week" every time I access my > schedule. Can the default view be...

getting the active view in MDI + Doc/View application
hi group, i want to get active view pointer and call it's member function void CMainFrame::OnBuild() { CChildFrame* pChild = (CChildFrame *)MDIGetActive(); if(pChild) { CTritonSpiritBoardView *pView = (CTritonSpiritBoardView *)pChild->GetActiveView(); if(pView) { pView->HighLightLine(Line); } } } in this function it work's fine.it's a message handler for one menu item. but now if i want to call the activeview's this function from some other class then it gives assertion on MDIGetActive. //if i try it on dialog boxes OnOk function then it asserts ...

Conditional Formatting In a Datasheet Form
Hi All, I am trying to “Condition Format” a column on my form so it will highlight the individual cell if another cell in the same column has the same value. The form is in Datasheet view and it can not be changed from that due to the way I built the database. I have tried to build the condition format like so, Condition1 “Field Value Is” “equal to” [Column Name] and all it dose is it highlight the cell in the column when I input a record into it, regardless if it is a duplicate or not. Is there a way to accomplish this? Thank you for your time, Cage On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 10:34:06 -...

assigned tasks stay in 'my activities' view
I have a user (Heather) who has tasks created from a workflow. Heather's job changed and so she needed to assign these tasks to someone else. She successfully assigned them to another user, and 90% of the time these disappeared from her 'my activities' view. However, she still has about 10 tasks that will not disappear from her view. When I use advanced find, searching by her as owner, they do not show as they are now owned by the person she assigned them to. How do I make these disappear from her 'my activities' view? ~thanks, Paul I've been seeing this same pr...