data input in text box

We have a form which the operator enters data in a text box. Currently we
have a 'done' button on the form that the operator clicks to send the text
box info to a vba program. How can we send the text box info to the vba
program when the operator hits the enter key @ the end of the data entry for
the text box? TIA

--
_______________________________
In Christ's matchless name

0
ted

Use the control's AfterUpdate event.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"ted" <n6trf@arrl.net> wrote in message
> We have a form which the operator enters data in a text box. Currently we
> have a 'done' button on the form that the operator clicks to send the text
> box info to a vba program. How can we send the text box info to the vba
> program when the operator hits the enter key @ the end of the data entry
> for the text box? TIA
>
> --
> _______________________________
> In Christ's matchless name
> ted     &   colleen
> n6trf        kc6rue

0
Douglas
9/20/2007 11:58:40 AM
Ok & thanks again. Now I have another problem. Have been using an option
group but now find I would like to change the label on each option in real
time via a vba program. What do you suggest? TIA

> While the form's open in Design view, select Tab Order from the View menu.
> Arrange the controls in the order in which you want the cursor to travel.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "ted" <n6trf@arrl.net> wrote in message
>> Ok that works & thanks. Another question on one of the forms the cursor
>> starts out in the text box BUT in another form the cursor doesn't start
>> out in the text box. How does one fix that. TIA
>>
>> "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in message
>>> Use the control's AfterUpdate event.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
>>> http://I.Am/DougSteele
>>> (no e-mails, please!)
>>>

>>> "ted" <n6trf@arrl.net> wrote in message

0
ted

Looking for an excel function which can mirror opposite the data
Dear sir, There are 2 data sets is assumed running in A1 down, viz.: From A1 down to A10, are showing a set of number: from 1 to 10 In the cell from B1 to B10, are showing from 10 to 1, which is decreasing from 10 to 1. My question: I want to know is there any excel formula which I can place in B1 and pick A10's number; B2 pick A9's number and etc. I know there is an easy way to do it, just type "=A10" in the cell of B1, but it is quite difficult to do it when I have more than 200 number, e.g. A1 to A200. Thanks for your advice, Wilchong -- Message posted via OfficeKB...

Averaging weekly data into Months
Ive got a string of weekly data ranging from 1993-2010, which i need to convert from weekly to monthly. Id like to do this so that in the future new weekly data can be automatically converted to its monthly average. Whats the best way to do this? Maybe this will be useful to you... Step1: (If your weekly-date is in column B) Make a new column near your data, with formula in each line as "=eomonth(b1,0)" This will bring month value of each data-line, so later you can summarise/condense your data through this column value. Step2: In your monthly summary, use refe...

Msg Box question
I have several reports that are run by queries. Most of these queries have date range parameters that must be entered by the operator. I have one query that I ask only for a week ending date. This is driving mgmt nuts because they are used to entering a beginning date first, followed by the ending date. I hard wire the beginning date myself. How can I get a msg box to pop up to tell people what my hardwired date is? Ideas? I believe you're describing pop-up Parameter Input Boxes, not message boxes. One option is to use a form to enter the parameter values rather than simply h...

Drop line on only one data point in series
Is it possible to add a drop line to only one data point in a series? If so, how? I believe attaching an autoshape line to a single data point would also meet my needs. I would like to be able to have a single data point marked with a line that doesn't require repositioning every time I add new points to the end of the series, which is daily. Any ideas? An autoshape would move anytime a heavy truck drove by. You could add custom negative error bars to the series, where the range containing the values contained zero for each point except for the one you want the drop line for. Easie...

Combo Box List Content Control
I want both the code and corresponding English translation to appear in the dropdown box. The codes are in col A, and the translations are in col B. Under Properites, ListFillRange I have entered: Jobs!A2:B200. Only column A is shown in the dropdown box. Also, when I select one of the dropdown options I get a VB error with my "Jobs!A2:B200" displayed in the VB code. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thanks. Did you change the columncount property to 2? Be aware that the both columns will appear when you click on the dropdown arrow, but only one value will appear in ...

How to Exclude Account from Budget when Option Check Box is Inactive?
I want to exclude the income in my retirement accounts from being included in the budget planning and being shown as income in monthly reports. In the account details, the option is "checked" to include in budget planner but the lined is grayed out and in-active and thus I can't uncheck it. How to uncheck? ...

Pulling data for a report from a form
Hi, I have a product report list that want to show the on hand qty. so i have this formula in a report field: =onHand([pkProductID],Forms!FrmMyDate!InvDateQty) but when i preview the report it shows #name? instead. Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200912/1 To refer to a textbox on another (open) form, use: =Forms!FrmMyDate!InvDateQty -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "josros60 via AccessMonster.com" <u56159@uw...

Text String to Unicode
Hi, How do I convert a text string (from a text file) that has escaped unicode charactes (\u0635\u0641\u0627\u0631) to unicode chars? Thanks, Guilherme R. Rolim Look at macros A2W etc. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Guilherme R. Rolim" <grrolim@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message news:OXR7gzxkDHA.988@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... | Hi, | | How do I convert a text string (from a text file) that has escaped unicode | charactes (\u0635\u0641\u0627\u0631) to unicode chars? | | Thanks, | | Guilherme R. Rolim | | | | I'll try to put some more details, mayb...

moving text from a word document to excel
I'm moving a large amount of text from word documents to an excel spreedsheet, and I have a few questions: 1. When I copy/paste text from the document to the spreedsheet, the text will sometimes expand the cell very large. How can I keep all the cells the same size? 2. When I click on a cell that has text in it to read it, sometimes it will only show the text in a long downwards column, whereas other times it shows it as a big 'blurb' to the right side (which makes it easier to read). How can I set it up so it is not in a long column? 3. How can I insert cells without h...

How do I convert time format to text?
I have a cell with a formula of =text(c3-b3,"h:mm") as the difference from cell b3 and c3. Assume the result is 5:00. I need to minus another cell value that is formatted as general text. eg. =text(c3-b3,"h:mm")-G3 Thanks....Andrew Hi Andrew- Try the VALUE() fx and format that cell with your choice of Time Formats. HTH |:>) "Andrew" wrote: > I have a cell with a formula of =text(c3-b3,"h:mm") as the difference from > cell b3 and c3. Assume the result is 5:00. I need to minus another cell value > that is formatted as general text. ...

autofit: cell height expands with text entered?
For a form: can a user enter mass quantities of text in a cell and have the cell depth expand so it fits? does Merging Cells limit this ability? I made a giant cell to handle the text the user might enter. I can't figure out where to set this... I have copied & pasted formatting from one worksheet to another without luck. Thanks. Sandy Merged cells don't adjust rowheight for wrapped text (like non-merged cells do). Jim Rech wrote a macro called AutoFitMergedCellRowHeight that you may like: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05 Sandy wrote:...

List Boxes #2
Can someone tell me how to correct the following code so that both columns in the listbox will be updated? Only the first column distplays Dim MyArray() ReDim MyArray(mycount, 1) usrGLDist.lstOutput.ColumnCount = 2 For i = 0 To rst.Count - 1 MyArray(i, 0) = rst.Value("descr") MyArray(i, 1) = rst.Value("pcamt") rst.MoveNext Next i 'Load ListBox1 usrGLDist.lstOutput.List() = MyArray Richard wrote : > Can someone tell me how to correct the following code so that both > columns in the listbox will be updated? Only the first col...

How to make a pop up combo box like calendar pop up
I have a form with a series of text boxes for entering order information. But because i want to be able to select more than one entry from a combo box, I thought it would be nice to have each item added to a text box and for neatness and ease of programmability, I'd like it if a combo box would pop up beside the text box much like the date picker pops up when entering a date field. Then each item selected could get appended to what's already in the text box. So my questions are: Does such a thing already exist and i can just download it and add it to my database? ...

pivot table changes when data is refreshed.
Hi, I have a pivot table with grouping based on a field called "period which is of date type. I have grouped it into months and quarters However when i refresh the pivot table whenever the data (which is in seperate sheet) is changed, the groupings are going out. I want t preserve the groupings as they are like a template. How do i stop th changing the format and layout of the pivot table whenever i refres the data? any ideas? please help. regards Kiran:mad ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages d...

Custom Formatting a Chart Data Label
I want to create a chart which will display a zero value on the data label where there is in fact a zero value, and show N/A on the data label where it didn't apply. The formula I am using in the spreadsheet uses a nested formula to make this determination: =IF(AND(B22+C22>0,C22>0),B22/C22,NA()) Presently, it works but displays the #N/A on the chart where I would prefer it simply displayed as N/A. Can I do this with a custom format on the data label?? Thanks so much! I don't know how you all do it but your amazing! -- If you can read this, thank a Teacher... If your read...

Redefine field data type
Hi, I am trying to write a function in a module in MS Access 2000 that will change the data type of a field called 'Start' in table 'bo_cpm_CS01ALL'. Here is the code that I have done so far but when I run it nothing happens...no errors or changes to the table. The code finds the table and field, creates a new field called 'temp' then copys 'Start' to 'temp' then deletes 'Start' and renames 'temp'. The field 'Start' has data type dbDouble. Any help would be great!! Public Function ChangeFieldType() 'Purpose: Changes a f...

How do I increase size of text when typing?
I am using Word 2003 and with Word 2000 I could enlarge the size of the print before typing to increase to 150% but cannot find how to do this in the 2003 version. The print on the screen is now about a 10 which is too small for comfort. View | Zoom. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Sufimai" <Sufimai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1125090F-6AB0-404F-8B1C-E5EAF06917F8@microsoft.com... >I am using Word 2003 and with Word 2000 I could enlarge the size of the >p...

sp_columns does not return NVARCHAR data type columns
Hi, our SQL Server Version is 2000 SP4. For several days the SP "sp_columns" does not return NVARCHAR data type columns any more. I reviewd the SP "sp_columns" and it seems, that the used SP "spt_datatype_info" does not return that type any more. A second production server returns that column type. The SP "sp_columns" is used by the ODBC-Driver to determine the table columns. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot, Nils Ok, my fault, it seems that "spt_datatype_info" is a table and there is no NVARCHAR row. After insert...

Charts not recognizing source data if original linked data is changed.
I am very frustrated by Excel (2003) at the moment. I'm relatively new to using Excel in depth. I have always been able to work my way through most intricacies and pitfalls. But now I have been working in a workbook with linked sheets (and with linked workbooks too) and have two problems that I cannot solve. Right now, I have about 47 sheets that are set up as follows: detail data: this is the raw data the the user enters daily totals: this is calculated data from the detail sheets summary sheets: further sums from the daily totals and a chart object that charts these sums (a line or sc...

center text when conditional format applied
Textbox control on Access 2007 form lost its centered alignment when conditional formatting is applied. This did not happen in previous versions of Access. I tried using format painter to apply conditional formats from a control created in an earlier version, but this failed. The control created in the earlier version then lost it's centering after saving in Access 2007. -- Roy Handy Interesting. I tried to replicate this behaviour but failed, it all worked as it should. Try revisiting your form after applying the conditional formatting and resetting the text box to center text. ...

Bold text appears in print preview but does not print bold
I am working on a menu in Publisher. In print preview, all text in bold appears bold, but when I actually print, portions of the bold text does not print in bold. This problem applies to all text within specific text boxes. For some text boxes the bold prints and for some it doesn't. Any suggestions would be enormously appreciated. What version Publisher? Don't know if that makes a difference however. If you look in the font directory in the control panel you will see a separate font for bold, italic, condensed and so on for fonts like Times New Roman and Arial. If you use ...

how do i enter data for a # of years using a formula?
i am working on excel and the book asks that i enter data s=using formulas for specifically the last three years of what i am referencing to. and i have to know how to us the copy command button. can anyone help ...

Do a calculation in cells with text data format
I have a few columns of cells having a mixed data format of number and text. Is it possible to convert the first row of numbers in text data format for further calculation? Your guidance to accomplish it is appreciated. Thanks, Ray Example? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ray" <NoSpam-ZQLi@GMail.com> wrote in message news:ei$Jbmy$FHA.216@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I have a few columns of cells having a mixed data format of number and text. > Is it possible to convert the first row of numbers in text data format for > further calculation? Your guidance to accomplis...

Where has the data map tool gone to in Excel 2003?
Cannot find it in 2003. Was there in earlier versions of Excel. It's gone as of Exel 2002. Here is MS's statement and a link to another program for map making. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010346591033.aspx tj "macray" wrote: > Cannot find it in 2003. Was there in earlier versions of Excel. If it still resides on the hard drive, you can use it from later Excel versions, through the Insert Object dialog. But I think uninstallation is pretty good at wiping it out. In my case, I have multiple versions of Excel installed on one machine, so Excel 2003...

Text to Date
I have been given a database dump (thousands of rows) that put the dates in a text format like this: Aug/11/2009 Is there any way to put this into a date format? Even if it means creating a new field breaking it up and doing some extra steps. Thanks. Change to appropriate cell reference: =DATEVALUE(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"/",", ")) -- Best Regards, Luke M "PAL" <PAL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E5E64F4-8B6A-44D5-95C9-8FD45A326DB3@microsoft.com... >I have been given a database dump (thousands of rows) that put the da...