Data Entry = No

Hello,
Below is vba on the On Click of a command button that is used to open a form
called "frm_AltaDeRegistrosPagina1-2Analista", match the Record ID to the
local form's Record ID, then make the "Data Entry" attribute = No. For some
reason it is not working correctly. I need the vba to change the "Data Entry"
attribute = No, so that I can modify the data on that form. The said form
above is usually used to add records using the "Data Entry" attribute and via
using the switchboard "Add Record" setting. Now I  need to access the same
form to modify records. Can you help me fix the below vba and could you also
type up vba for me to put on the "On Close" of the form so that the vba sets
the "Data Entry" setting back = Yes?

Private Sub ModificarRegistrante_Click()

    Dim stDocName As String
    Dim stLinkCriteria As String

    stDocName = "frm_AltaDeRegistrosPagina1-2Analista"
    DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria
    stLinkCriteria = "[RecordID]=" & Me![RecordID]
    Forms(stDocName).DataEntry = False

End Sub

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Iram/mcp

On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 19:27:54 -0700, Iram <Iram@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Below is vba on the On Click of a command button that is used to open a form
>called "frm_AltaDeRegistrosPagina1-2Analista", match the Record ID to the
>local form's Record ID, then make the "Data Entry" attribute = No. For some
>reason it is not working correctly. I need the vba to change the "Data Entry"
>attribute = No, so that I can modify the data on that form. The said form
>above is usually used to add records using the "Data Entry" attribute and via
>using the switchboard "Add Record" setting. Now I  need to access the same
>form to modify records. Can you help me fix the below vba and could you also
>type up vba for me to put on the "On Close" of the form so that the vba sets
>the "Data Entry" setting back = Yes?

If the form is used (at least occasionally) both to enter new records and to
edit existing ones, you might want to consider saving it with the DataEntry
property set to NO; and instead simply have it navigate to  the new record
when it's opened. This gives you the best of both; a user opening the form
will see a blank new record ready for entry, but will still have the option to
navigate to an older record. The switchboard needn't be involved at all.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Are you still willing to help me with my endeavor?

Thanks.
Iram

=?Utf-8?B?SXJhbQ==?= <Iram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> Hello,
> Below is vba on the On Click of a command button that is used to
> open a form called "frm_AltaDeRegistrosPagina1-2Analista", match
> the Record ID to the local form's Record ID, then make the "Data
> Entry" attribute = No. For some reason it is not working
> correctly. I need the vba to change the "Data Entry" attribute =
> No, so that I can modify the data on that form. The said form
> above is usually used to add records using the "Data Entry"
> attribute and via using the switchboard "Add Record" setting. Now
> I  need to access the same form to modify records. Can you help me
> fix the below vba and could you also type up vba for me to put on
> the "On Close" of the form so that the vba sets the "Data Entry"
> setting back = Yes?
>
> Private Sub ModificarRegistrante_Click()
>
>     Dim stDocName As String
>     Dim stLinkCriteria As String
>
>     stDocName = "frm_AltaDeRegistrosPagina1-2Analista"
>     DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria
>     stLinkCriteria = "[RecordID]=" & Me![RecordID]
>     Forms(stDocName).DataEntry = False
>
> End Sub
>

> Your help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
> Iram/mcp

Go to Access help and look up the options available for the openform
method of the docmd object.

In your example above, stLinkCriteria must be before the Docmd
statement

One of the parameters which you have left blank determines whether
the form opens ,
docmd.OpenForm stDocName, acNormal,, stLinkCriteria ,acFormEdit, _
acWindowNormal

0
Bob
6/6/2010 12:20:52 PM
Iram wrote:

> Hello,
> Below is vba on the On Click of a command button that is used to open a
> form called "frm_AltaDeRegistrosPagina1-2Analista", match the Record ID to
> the local form's Record ID, then make the "Data Entry" attribute = No. For
> some reason it is not working correctly. I need the vba to change the
> "Data Entry" attribute = No, so that I can modify the data on that form.
> The said form above is usually used to add records using the "Data Entry"
> attribute and via
> using the switchboard "Add Record" setting. Now I  need to access the same
> form to modify records. Can you help me fix the below vba and could you
> also type up vba for me to put on the "On Close" of the form so that the
> vba sets the "Data Entry" setting back = Yes?
>
> Private Sub ModificarRegistrante_Click()
>
>     Dim stDocName As String
>     Dim stLinkCriteria As String
>
>     stDocName = "frm_AltaDeRegistrosPagina1-2Analista"
>     DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria
>     stLinkCriteria = "[RecordID]=" & Me![RecordID]
>     Forms(stDocName).DataEntry = False
>
> End Sub

You need to set the value of stLnkCriteria *before* you use it.  And with a
WHERE clause you don't need to mess with the DataEntry property at all.

 Private Sub ModificarRegistrante_Click()

     Dim stDocName As String
     Dim stLinkCriteria As String

     stDocName = "frm_AltaDeRegistrosPagina1-2Analista"
     stLinkCriteria = "[RecordID]=" & Me![RecordID]
     DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria

 End Sub

0
Rick
6/6/2010 12:24:32 PM
The vba is good for now as far as changing the form to Data Entry to Yes,
however the RecordID is not = RecordID on the form that is opening. If there
is nothing wrong with the vba below then it must be a problem somewhere else.
Can you take another look?

On Jun 6, 11:17=A0am, Iram <I...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> The vba is good for now as far as changing the form to Data Entry to Yes,
> however the RecordID is not =3D RecordID on the form that is opening. If =
there
> is nothing wrong with the vba below then it must be a problem somewhere e=
lse.
> Can you take another look?
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0Dim stDocName As String
> =A0 =A0 =A0Dim stLinkCriteria As String
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0stDocName =3D "frm_AltaDeRegistrosPagina1-2Analista"
> =A0 =A0 =A0stLinkCriteria =3D "[RecordID]=3D" & Me![RecordID]
> =A0 =A0 =A0DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria
> =A0 =A0 =A0Forms(stDocName).DataEntry =3D False
>
> End Sub
>
> Thanks.
> Iram
>
> "Rick Brandt" wrote:
> > Iram wrote:
>
> > > Hello,
> > > Below is vba on the On Click of a command button that is used to open=
> > > form called "frm_AltaDeRegistrosPagina1-2Analista", match the Record =
ID to
> > > the local form's Record ID, then make the "Data Entry" attribute =3D =
No. For
> > > some reason it is not working correctly. I need the vba to change the
> > > "Data Entry" attribute =3D No, so that I can modify the data on that =
form.
> > > The said form above is usually used to add records using the "Data En=
try"
> > > attribute and via
> > > using the switchboard "Add Record" setting. Now I =A0need to access t=
he same
> > > form to modify records. Can you help me fix the below vba and could y=
ou
> > > also type up vba for me to put on the "On Close" of the form so that =
the
> > > vba sets the "Data Entry" setting back =3D Yes?
>
> > > Private Sub ModificarRegistrante_Click()
>
> > > =A0 =A0 Dim stDocName As String
> > > =A0 =A0 Dim stLinkCriteria As String
>
> > > =A0 =A0 stDocName =3D "frm_AltaDeRegistrosPagina1-2Analista"
> > > =A0 =A0 DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria
> > > =A0 =A0 stLinkCriteria =3D "[RecordID]=3D" & Me![RecordID]
> > > =A0 =A0 Forms(stDocName).DataEntry =3D False
>
> > > End Sub
>
> > You need to set the value of stLnkCriteria *before* you use it. =A0And =
with a
> > WHERE clause you don't need to mess with the DataEntry property at all.
>
> > =A0Private Sub ModificarRegistrante_Click()
>
> > =A0 =A0 =A0Dim stDocName As String
> > =A0 =A0 =A0Dim stLinkCriteria As String
>
> > =A0 =A0 =A0stDocName =3D "frm_AltaDeRegistrosPagina1-2Analista"
> > =A0 =A0 =A0stLinkCriteria =3D "[RecordID]=3D" & Me![RecordID]
> > =A0 =A0 =A0DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria
>
> > =A0End Sub
>
> > .

wow.  Didn't they just tell you that it's the OpenForm that's wrong?
One of the arguments of the OpenForm method is which mode to open the
form in - edit/add/read only... and you didn't pick one.  If you
don't, it defaults to read/write.

DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, acNormal, , , acFormReadOnly, acWindowNormal

It's just amazing what you can do if you actually start typing the
code ... IntelliSense actually gives you all the arguments you need...
you just have to pick them.  Try scraping the cobwebs outta your head
and using it....

0
Piet

"collecting data via email" when recipient uses Hotmail or Yahoo
I have used feature and it works great if recipeint submits via Outlook to my Outlook 2007, however I am not able to utilize the features with emails recieved back from Yahoo Mail or Microsoft Hotmail, even though "your recipients oneed only have an e-mail client program that accepts HTML" p. 304. I recieve the submitted form but it fails to update the table even if I try the button, unless of course the email is recieved from a Outlook based email recipient. Am I alone with this problem or does it actually work with Hotmail and Yahoo? Our school would benefit gre...

Manufacturing Component Transaction entry
Version 9 of Great Plains, SQL Server. Is it true that the manufacturing module does not have its own source document? and uses inventory transaction entry transaction information? This seems really strange to me. When I looke at Inventory transactions (inquiry>Inventory>Item transaction, I cant tell the difference between manufacturing trx and regular inventory transactions. I can tell POP receipts, BOM assembly entry, etc but not manufacturing? Seems very strange and incomplete... -- Doug Hi, MFG and other modules use IV adjustments/transfer to move inventory etc. Th...

how to create a table given data...
hi everyone, This might be an easy one but i dont understand the instructions that help section gives me. I have some data (5X5) which i want to put into a table. When i go to data and table command im not too sure what to put in the "Row input cell" and "column input cell" part. i thought it might correspond to the data where the rows are and the clums are.but i keep on getting the "input cel reference is invalid". any help is appreciated. Cheers! Hello, Are you trying to create a two variable (two column) data table, one that shows the range of possibiliti...

data sort of like
Hi experts I like to have a tabel like this This is one 1 This is two 2 This is someother 5 Text 4 that say a text that is assosiated with a number. Then (some where else in the spreedsheet) I like to have a drop down wther I can choose between ("This is one"; "This is two", "This is..."), and depending on the choosen text I will use the assosiated number in some calculations. Is this possible with Excel? e.g. if in the drop down is in cell A5, and there is choosen "This is Two", and in cell A4 says 55 like to write some ...

Unable to create data file
I'm running Outlook 2002 SP-2. Sometimes when I want to create a .pst file, I get the message box "Unable to create data file". There is no message number or any other identifiable (searchable) information in the text box. I can sometimes get around this problem by shutting down Outlook and restarting, or launching some other applications (such as Explorer); suddenly the problem disappears and there is no problem in creating a new data file (FILE/NEW/OUTLOOK DATA FILE). There is plenty of disk space available. Any clue as to why this problem sometimes arises? ...

Remove all Characters Remains only Numeric Data
Hello Experts I have Mobile No. in Column A1:A300000, But the Problem is that in Many Cell there are Unused and Special Character like Dash,comma,Slash, Doted Line. Slash Lines in Some Cell i have Mobile No. like A9810332270 or 9810332270F How can i delete these Data and Remains only Numeric Data Thanks in Advance Hardeep Kanwar 'Hardeep kanwar[_2_ Wrote: > ;953955']Hello Experts > > I have Mobile No. in Column A1:A300000, But the Problem is that in Many > Cell > there are Unused and Special Character like Dash,comma,Slash, Doted > Line. ...

Counting data in a spreadsheet
I just need to do a count on the data below: Any client # that begins with JE - I need to know the total # of JE's for each day of the year. For the JO clients - I need to know the total # for each day of the year - but divided into 3 different time periods - anything between 0701 - 1500 or 1501 - 2300, or 2301 - 0700. Can anyone help me? Client # TIME DATE JO01804/03 855 20-Dec-2003 JO01822/03 1141 20-Dec-2003 JO01825/03 1431 20-Dec-2003 JO01826/03 1551 20-Dec-2003 JO0183/03 753 23-Dec-2003 JO0187/03 809 23-Dec-2003 JO0124/03 834 23-Dec-2003 JO0189/03 1038 23-Dec-2003 JO0186/03 12...

Data not saved in contact
I enter some info intp the Department field (Business tab)of any contact, save and close it. When I come to open this contact Department field is empty. It happens to all contacts , but only with this field. I have Outlook XP with POP3 account. Thank you Lilia ...

"select data source" dialog poping up continually
Has anyone run into this? Scenario: Using Access 2003 on XP SP2, I have a pass-through query that hits a Sybase database (don't think the back end DBMS is relevent but who knows?). The query works fine. I have then built a report that uses this query as its datasource. The report runs fine but needs some formating done. I go into design view and the "select data source" dialog popups up. I've tried picking the appropriate data source and logging in, I've tried cancelling it. Either way it continually popups up immediately after the first one was closed and since i...

Can I extract gross amount from split payroll entry?
I'm using M2005. I would like to find out the total gross amount paid from my paycheck deposits without looking at each month individually and manually adding them. Can this be done? If so how? Thanks..... "Bishoop" <none@none.none> wrote in message news:%23eAdIYkvFHA.2792@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I'm using M2005. > > I would like to find out the total gross amount paid from my paycheck > deposits without looking at each month individually and manually adding > them. Can this be done? If so how? > > Thanks..... Oooops! My mistake,...

CTabCtrl item data
Hi, Is there a way to set and get application item data in tab control item (such as SetItemData/GetItemData in CListCtrl) ?? thanks, Yoav. >Is there a way to set and get application item data in tab control item You could use Set/GetWindowLongPtr GWLP_USERDATA. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq Yes, have a look at CTabCtrl::SetItem method and "LPARAM lParam" member of TCITEM structure. Regards, Victor "yoavo" <yoav@cimatron.co.il> wrote in message news:#O#71gCNFHA.4028@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > Is there a way to set and get a...

Recode data?
Hi I have to recode a column of numbers to other numbers. Is it possible eg. 30 = 500 20 = 60 30 = 800 and so o I have tried the IF , but you can only use it 8 times in a function Thanks Lars Østergaar Hi use a lookup table with your transformation rules (col. a the old one, col. B the new one) and use VLOOKUP. e.g. =VLOOKUP(A1,'lookup_table'!A1:B100,2,0) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Lars Østergaard" <guf@jyde.dk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:63CC6821-7C80-476F-9565-8AE374444C92@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have to...

filter out data
I'm having troubles finding a formula for this guys. I have a bunch of data which I need to have filtered out and placed somewhere else. If you look at the example you know what I mean. This is part of the data I have: Monday: 17:00 21:00 Tuesday: 17:00 21:00 Wednesday: 17:00 21:00 Thursday: 17:00 21:00 Friday: 17:00 0:01 Saturday: 0:01 0:01 Sunday: 0:01 21:00 Monday: 19:15 20:30 0:01 3:00 Tuesday: 19:15 20:30 0:01 3:00 Wednesday: 19:15 20:30 0:01 3:00 Thursday: 19:15 20:30 0:01 3:00 Friday: 19:15 20:30 0:01 3:00 Saturday: 19:15 20:30 0:01 3:00 Sunday: 19:15 20:30 0:0...

no data in reports
I am opening a report listing the sales for a given client.When however there are no sales for a given client, the report is opened indeed but it is written error and the picture is rather ugly. Could i set up some filter on opening of the report, and if there are no data,just not open the report ? I will have a cleaner picture then -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 17:11:44 GMT, peljo via AccessMonster.com wrote: > I am opening a report listing the sales for a given client.When however there > are no sales for a given client, the report is opene...

sum weekly data into monthly
I have data in weekly buckets which my column names are the in the following format - SKU, 04262010, 05032010, 05102010 etc. where 04262010 is the week ending 4/26/2010 I have a second table that assoicates the column name to a fiscal month in this format - DATE Fiscal Month 20100426 6 20100503 6 20100510 6 20100517 6 I want to sum by sku for fiscal month. Drunkle - This would be much easier if your table structure was correct. Your table should have columns for SKU, WeekEndDate, and Amount, and the WeekEndDate should be a date field. Since column names are ...

importing Money DX 1999 data into MS 2003....
Hello all again, the last informationwas helpful but didn't work for my friend. Situation, he's got Money 1999 the has been using, would like to upgrade to the Money 2003 that he has, but can't import the data into it. Here's the error message he get's after doing the not file import-file open or file restore: Moneycan't locae C:\Programfile\yadad, ydad..name, mas.msy or cannot open it. Possibly because it is a read only fiel or you do not have permission to cahnge it or your disc drive is write protected (known good disc). If you have changed the current file ...

Is there a way to trap printing-related data?
Hello and thank you for your help, How might it be possible to trap information when something is printed? Info like paper size, mainly. And I need a way to invoke a dialog when something is printed. Any help you could give will be appreciated. Thanks, Ivan You can retrieve information from Windows for jobs in the queuest. Look into OpenPrinter() and GetJob() to put you in the right direction. Although that information like what you're looking for may require that you query the actual printer driver (i.e., HP SDK). Eddie. "Ivan Starr" <ivan@ivanstarr.com> wrote...

Data label with text "N/A"
Hello, I've a simple column chart plotting % of daily on time delivery. There are days that I don't have any delivery so I insert "N/A" to the relevant cells. However, when I inserted data labels to the chart, those values with "N/A" were shown as 0%. Without hiding the rows with "N/A", what other ways can I do to have data labels not showing "N/A" as 0%? Many thanks in advance... -- exalan A line or XY chart skips a point when it encounters #N/A (note the # prefix, which makes it an official Excel error). No point, no data label. N/...

extracting data from a cell
I have this data that stored into several cells and each sell holds a combined 20 data entries in one cell seperated by a space. I was wondering is there anyway to extract that data with out having to rekey the numbers. We are talking about a combined 2000 line items if individually entered. An example is to store numbers 1-100 in to one Use Data | Text to Columns and use the space as a delimiter/separator. Regards Trevor "msam137" <mpsamuels01@spymac.com> wrote in message news:1109702417.132521.302110@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I have this data that stored into...

Plotting 2 Data Sets
I have six data sets but I only want to plot two of them. However, I need to show the rest of the info below the chart. How can I do that? MBurns Hi, You can select non-touching ranges using Ctrl+Drag. Select the ranges you want to plot using that technique and then plot your chart as you normally do. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "MBurns" wrote: > I have six data sets but I only want to plot two of them. However, I need to > show the rest of the info below the chart. How can I do that? > > MBurns ...

Splitting Data into separate sheets
I export a Crystal report into Excel - the report is about 36000 lines long. This report contains financial data for, say, 20 different cost centres. I would like to be able to 'cut and paste' each cost centre onto a new sheet in my workbook. Each set of Cost Centre data is indicated in column A on the spredsheet with the word 'Cost Centre' followed by the Cost Centre code itself, e.g. Cost Centre 000001 123.45 3256.56 987.95 Cost Centre 000002 98.87 999.66 99.77 777.88 111.22 Cost Centre 000003 etc Is there any way a macro could help with this? Thanks in advance. Ber...

howto copy only newer OrderID data(and the other fields) from one table to another table
howto copy only newer OrderID data(and the other fields) from one table to another table So the new table is updated only with the new OrderID and the OrderID's already copyied earlier are not also added everytime. i use the append query i think and need certainly some criteria (filters)? Can somebody help me out, please? Thank you! Bart Bartus - The criteria you need (assuming OrderID is the key field) will be something like this (use your table names): = Not Exists (SELECT 'X' from [newTableName] where [newTableName].OrderID = [oldTableName].OrderID) If...

Copy data to another spreadsheet
I currently have to copy and paste data from one spreadsheet to another. Is there a formula that I can write that would automatically copy the data that I enter in a cell on spreadsheet one to a corresponding cell on spreadsheet two. Thanks, Hold Shift key and select Sheet2 When you type in sheet1 it also enter in sheet2 or =Sheet1!A1 "JIm" wrote: > I currently have to copy and paste data from one spreadsheet to another. Is > there a formula that I can write that would automatically copy the data that > I enter in a cell on spreadsheet one to a corresponding ce...

Spaces in Data
Hi, I am trying to do a mail merge and the excel data that I am using has a bunch of spaces in the field that shows the city. So when I list the City St and Zip the state is about 7 spaces after the city. 123 Main Street Thanks RRH -- Rhall ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rhall's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25630 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390437 Hi, I think, you might need to clean your database. If the "spaces" are real spaces (and not other no...

Unable to append all the data to the table when importing
At the click of a button my code begins importing my Excel data in to an Access table; but I get the following message: "Microsoft Acess was unable to append all the data to the table." I get it because I have a validation rule in place which prevents the violating data from importing, which is fine; so I just hit 'yes' to finish importing. Can someone please help by providing some instruction or preferably some code I can plug in to my code, which provides a 'yes', and the importing is processed without the message. Thanks in advance. Dave -- Message posted vi...