Data Entry Form and Subform problems

Hi,

I have a form and subform that I am trying to use for data entry. However, 
it's not working out as planned.

I have two tables:
tblAccount
[AccountID] (PK)
[DefaultAddressID]
....more fields
tblAddress
[AccountID] (Combined PK)
[AddressID] (Combined PK)
.... more fields

tblAccount holds Account records including the default address to be used in 
all transactions, although an account can have more than one address. 
tblAddress holds all the addresses for all accounts with a combined primary 
key of AccountID and AddressID.
tblAccount.AccountID is an autonumber field.
tblDefaultAddressID is a text field.

My main form has controls to allow the user to enter all the relevent 
information for a new account. My subform has controls for a new address.
What I would like to happen is for the user to enter the new account, enter 
an AddressID into tblAccount.defaultAddressID and then enter the address 
details in the subform. However, whenever I try to type in the subform I 
receive an error message saying "The LinkMasterFields property setting has 
produced this error: ‘Object or class does not support the set of events’" 
The Account record is created ok, the address record is not.

Link Master Fields is AccountID, DefaultAddressID
Link Child Fields is AccountID, AddressID

I think I need to capture the DefaultAddressID when it is entered and use 
this to create the address record and populate the primary key fields, but 
I'm not sure how.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
0
Utf
12/3/2007 3:19:01 PM
access.formscoding 7493 articles. 0 followers. Follow

5 Replies
1193 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 12

Hi - i am unsure as to why you have set your tables up this way - i have a 
database that works in a similar way but they are linked purely by companyID 
being present in both tables, i then open up a form to enter an additional 
address, close it and refresh the subform that has a list of multiple 
addresses in row order that are directly linked to the main account.  Is this 
what you are looking to do, if so then the fault lies in your table design

"Freeflyer" wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> I have a form and subform that I am trying to use for data entry. However, 
> it's not working out as planned.
> 
> I have two tables:
> tblAccount
> [AccountID] (PK)
> [DefaultAddressID]
> ...more fields
> tblAddress
> [AccountID] (Combined PK)
> [AddressID] (Combined PK)
> ... more fields
> 
> tblAccount holds Account records including the default address to be used in 
> all transactions, although an account can have more than one address. 
> tblAddress holds all the addresses for all accounts with a combined primary 
> key of AccountID and AddressID.
> tblAccount.AccountID is an autonumber field.
> tblDefaultAddressID is a text field.
> 
> My main form has controls to allow the user to enter all the relevent 
> information for a new account. My subform has controls for a new address.
> What I would like to happen is for the user to enter the new account, enter 
> an AddressID into tblAccount.defaultAddressID and then enter the address 
> details in the subform. However, whenever I try to type in the subform I 
> receive an error message saying "The LinkMasterFields property setting has 
> produced this error: ‘Object or class does not support the set of events’" 
> The Account record is created ok, the address record is not.
> 
> Link Master Fields is AccountID, DefaultAddressID
> Link Child Fields is AccountID, AddressID
> 
> I think I need to capture the DefaultAddressID when it is entered and use 
> this to create the address record and populate the primary key fields, but 
> I'm not sure how.
> 
> Any ideas would be appreciated.
0
Utf
12/3/2007 3:45:29 PM
Hi,

Thnaks for your help, I think I've confused the issue here. The tables are 
linked by the AccountID as you suggested they should be. Each Address record 
contains the AccountID that it relates to and a text AddressID to identify 
the address. These two fields combined form the Primary key for the address 
table.

Therefore, I've now changed the links to:
Link Master Fields is AccountID
Link Child Fields is AccountID

The user needs to enter Account information on the main form and then enter 
the AddressID and details in the subform. (The DefaultAddressID was a red 
herring, I just need to copy the subform AddressID before saving the records 
so that the account has a default address to use for any transactions)
However, when I try to enter address information I still receive the error 
message "The LinkMasterFields property setting has produced this error: 
‘Object or class does not support the set of events’". If I ignore this and 
continue it will create an address record but the AccountID is 0.

So, essentially it looks like the AccountID which is created when the main 
form is dirtied is not being carried over to the subform. How can I force 
this?

"Rhys Davies" wrote:

> Hi - i am unsure as to why you have set your tables up this way - i have a 
> database that works in a similar way but they are linked purely by companyID 
> being present in both tables, i then open up a form to enter an additional 
> address, close it and refresh the subform that has a list of multiple 
> addresses in row order that are directly linked to the main account.  Is this 
> what you are looking to do, if so then the fault lies in your table design
> 
> "Freeflyer" wrote:
> 
> > Hi,
> > 
> > I have a form and subform that I am trying to use for data entry. However, 
> > it's not working out as planned.
> > 
> > I have two tables:
> > tblAccount
> > [AccountID] (PK)
> > [DefaultAddressID]
> > ...more fields
> > tblAddress
> > [AccountID] (Combined PK)
> > [AddressID] (Combined PK)
> > ... more fields
> > 
> > tblAccount holds Account records including the default address to be used in 
> > all transactions, although an account can have more than one address. 
> > tblAddress holds all the addresses for all accounts with a combined primary 
> > key of AccountID and AddressID.
> > tblAccount.AccountID is an autonumber field.
> > tblDefaultAddressID is a text field.
> > 
> > My main form has controls to allow the user to enter all the relevent 
> > information for a new account. My subform has controls for a new address.
> > What I would like to happen is for the user to enter the new account, enter 
> > an AddressID into tblAccount.defaultAddressID and then enter the address 
> > details in the subform. However, whenever I try to type in the subform I 
> > receive an error message saying "The LinkMasterFields property setting has 
> > produced this error: ‘Object or class does not support the set of events’" 
> > The Account record is created ok, the address record is not.
> > 
> > Link Master Fields is AccountID, DefaultAddressID
> > Link Child Fields is AccountID, AddressID
> > 
> > I think I need to capture the DefaultAddressID when it is entered and use 
> > this to create the address record and populate the primary key fields, but 
> > I'm not sure how.
> > 
> > Any ideas would be appreciated.
0
Utf
12/4/2007 1:06:01 PM
If you want the accountID on the subform to match up to the accountID already 
created on your main form then set the default value of the accountID field 
on the subform to reference the accountID on the main form.  To do this, 
right click on the accountID field on the subform, go to properties, go to 
the data tab and in the default value enter:
forms!yourmainformnamegoeshere!accountID - this will populate the accountID 
with the required value that should ensure that the master and child fields 
link properly,

HTH,

Rhys.

"Freeflyer" wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> Thnaks for your help, I think I've confused the issue here. The tables are 
> linked by the AccountID as you suggested they should be. Each Address record 
> contains the AccountID that it relates to and a text AddressID to identify 
> the address. These two fields combined form the Primary key for the address 
> table.
> 
> Therefore, I've now changed the links to:
> Link Master Fields is AccountID
> Link Child Fields is AccountID
> 
> The user needs to enter Account information on the main form and then enter 
> the AddressID and details in the subform. (The DefaultAddressID was a red 
> herring, I just need to copy the subform AddressID before saving the records 
> so that the account has a default address to use for any transactions)
> However, when I try to enter address information I still receive the error 
> message "The LinkMasterFields property setting has produced this error: 
> ‘Object or class does not support the set of events’". If I ignore this and 
> continue it will create an address record but the AccountID is 0.
> 
> So, essentially it looks like the AccountID which is created when the main 
> form is dirtied is not being carried over to the subform. How can I force 
> this?
> 
> "Rhys Davies" wrote:
> 
> > Hi - i am unsure as to why you have set your tables up this way - i have a 
> > database that works in a similar way but they are linked purely by companyID 
> > being present in both tables, i then open up a form to enter an additional 
> > address, close it and refresh the subform that has a list of multiple 
> > addresses in row order that are directly linked to the main account.  Is this 
> > what you are looking to do, if so then the fault lies in your table design
> > 
> > "Freeflyer" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hi,
> > > 
> > > I have a form and subform that I am trying to use for data entry. However, 
> > > it's not working out as planned.
> > > 
> > > I have two tables:
> > > tblAccount
> > > [AccountID] (PK)
> > > [DefaultAddressID]
> > > ...more fields
> > > tblAddress
> > > [AccountID] (Combined PK)
> > > [AddressID] (Combined PK)
> > > ... more fields
> > > 
> > > tblAccount holds Account records including the default address to be used in 
> > > all transactions, although an account can have more than one address. 
> > > tblAddress holds all the addresses for all accounts with a combined primary 
> > > key of AccountID and AddressID.
> > > tblAccount.AccountID is an autonumber field.
> > > tblDefaultAddressID is a text field.
> > > 
> > > My main form has controls to allow the user to enter all the relevent 
> > > information for a new account. My subform has controls for a new address.
> > > What I would like to happen is for the user to enter the new account, enter 
> > > an AddressID into tblAccount.defaultAddressID and then enter the address 
> > > details in the subform. However, whenever I try to type in the subform I 
> > > receive an error message saying "The LinkMasterFields property setting has 
> > > produced this error: ‘Object or class does not support the set of events’" 
> > > The Account record is created ok, the address record is not.
> > > 
> > > Link Master Fields is AccountID, DefaultAddressID
> > > Link Child Fields is AccountID, AddressID
> > > 
> > > I think I need to capture the DefaultAddressID when it is entered and use 
> > > this to create the address record and populate the primary key fields, but 
> > > I'm not sure how.
> > > 
> > > Any ideas would be appreciated.
0
Utf
12/5/2007 11:20:05 AM
Hi,

Thanks again for your help, but I'm still not quite there. I do need the 
accountID on the subform to match that on the main form. However, when the 
form is first opened there is no accountID on the main form as it is an 
autonumber field. I presume I need to copy the AccountID across once it is 
generated (OnDirty?) but for some reason I can't seem to get this to work. 
It's driving me mad as I'm sure this should be really simple functionality to 
implement.

"Rhys Davies" wrote:

> If you want the accountID on the subform to match up to the accountID already 
> created on your main form then set the default value of the accountID field 
> on the subform to reference the accountID on the main form.  To do this, 
> right click on the accountID field on the subform, go to properties, go to 
> the data tab and in the default value enter:
> forms!yourmainformnamegoeshere!accountID - this will populate the accountID 
> with the required value that should ensure that the master and child fields 
> link properly,
> 
> HTH,
> 
> Rhys.
> 
> "Freeflyer" wrote:
> 
> > Hi,
> > 
> > Thnaks for your help, I think I've confused the issue here. The tables are 
> > linked by the AccountID as you suggested they should be. Each Address record 
> > contains the AccountID that it relates to and a text AddressID to identify 
> > the address. These two fields combined form the Primary key for the address 
> > table.
> > 
> > Therefore, I've now changed the links to:
> > Link Master Fields is AccountID
> > Link Child Fields is AccountID
> > 
> > The user needs to enter Account information on the main form and then enter 
> > the AddressID and details in the subform. (The DefaultAddressID was a red 
> > herring, I just need to copy the subform AddressID before saving the records 
> > so that the account has a default address to use for any transactions)
> > However, when I try to enter address information I still receive the error 
> > message "The LinkMasterFields property setting has produced this error: 
> > ‘Object or class does not support the set of events’". If I ignore this and 
> > continue it will create an address record but the AccountID is 0.
> > 
> > So, essentially it looks like the AccountID which is created when the main 
> > form is dirtied is not being carried over to the subform. How can I force 
> > this?
> > 
> > "Rhys Davies" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hi - i am unsure as to why you have set your tables up this way - i have a 
> > > database that works in a similar way but they are linked purely by companyID 
> > > being present in both tables, i then open up a form to enter an additional 
> > > address, close it and refresh the subform that has a list of multiple 
> > > addresses in row order that are directly linked to the main account.  Is this 
> > > what you are looking to do, if so then the fault lies in your table design
> > > 
> > > "Freeflyer" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Hi,
> > > > 
> > > > I have a form and subform that I am trying to use for data entry. However, 
> > > > it's not working out as planned.
> > > > 
> > > > I have two tables:
> > > > tblAccount
> > > > [AccountID] (PK)
> > > > [DefaultAddressID]
> > > > ...more fields
> > > > tblAddress
> > > > [AccountID] (Combined PK)
> > > > [AddressID] (Combined PK)
> > > > ... more fields
> > > > 
> > > > tblAccount holds Account records including the default address to be used in 
> > > > all transactions, although an account can have more than one address. 
> > > > tblAddress holds all the addresses for all accounts with a combined primary 
> > > > key of AccountID and AddressID.
> > > > tblAccount.AccountID is an autonumber field.
> > > > tblDefaultAddressID is a text field.
> > > > 
> > > > My main form has controls to allow the user to enter all the relevent 
> > > > information for a new account. My subform has controls for a new address.
> > > > What I would like to happen is for the user to enter the new account, enter 
> > > > an AddressID into tblAccount.defaultAddressID and then enter the address 
> > > > details in the subform. However, whenever I try to type in the subform I 
> > > > receive an error message saying "The LinkMasterFields property setting has 
> > > > produced this error: ‘Object or class does not support the set of events’" 
> > > > The Account record is created ok, the address record is not.
> > > > 
> > > > Link Master Fields is AccountID, DefaultAddressID
> > > > Link Child Fields is AccountID, AddressID
> > > > 
> > > > I think I need to capture the DefaultAddressID when it is entered and use 
> > > > this to create the address record and populate the primary key fields, but 
> > > > I'm not sure how.
> > > > 
> > > > Any ideas would be appreciated.
0
Utf
12/10/2007 10:28:01 AM
Hi Freeflyer, im confused because you say that accountID on the main form is 
not displayed when you open the form.  But it is an autonumber field, 
therefore that is precisely what it is, and indeed should be doing, when you 
open the form to create a new entry it will automatically generate an account 
number for you - is this happening?
if not then i would do the following, enter some information on the main 
form so that teh auto number account field populates, and then on that field, 
enter code on the on exit event to save the form and populate the sub form 
with the account number:

e.g. on exit event of a field on main form
DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord 'saves the record, ensures accountID is 
filled in
forms!subformname!accountID = me.accountID 'ensures that accountID on the 
sub form is equal to the value entered on to the main form


> Hi,
> 
> Thanks again for your help, but I'm still not quite there. I do need the 
> accountID on the subform to match that on the main form. However, when the 
> form is first opened there is no accountID on the main form as it is an 
> autonumber field. I presume I need to copy the AccountID across once it is 
> generated (OnDirty?) but for some reason I can't seem to get this to work. 
> It's driving me mad as I'm sure this should be really simple functionality to 
> implement.
> 
> "Rhys Davies" wrote:
> 
> > If you want the accountID on the subform to match up to the accountID already 
> > created on your main form then set the default value of the accountID field 
> > on the subform to reference the accountID on the main form.  To do this, 
> > right click on the accountID field on the subform, go to properties, go to 
> > the data tab and in the default value enter:
> > forms!yourmainformnamegoeshere!accountID - this will populate the accountID 
> > with the required value that should ensure that the master and child fields 
> > link properly,
> > 
> > HTH,
> > 
> > Rhys.
> > 
> > "Freeflyer" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hi,
> > > 
> > > Thnaks for your help, I think I've confused the issue here. The tables are 
> > > linked by the AccountID as you suggested they should be. Each Address record 
> > > contains the AccountID that it relates to and a text AddressID to identify 
> > > the address. These two fields combined form the Primary key for the address 
> > > table.
> > > 
> > > Therefore, I've now changed the links to:
> > > Link Master Fields is AccountID
> > > Link Child Fields is AccountID
> > > 
> > > The user needs to enter Account information on the main form and then enter 
> > > the AddressID and details in the subform. (The DefaultAddressID was a red 
> > > herring, I just need to copy the subform AddressID before saving the records 
> > > so that the account has a default address to use for any transactions)
> > > However, when I try to enter address information I still receive the error 
> > > message "The LinkMasterFields property setting has produced this error: 
> > > ‘Object or class does not support the set of events’". If I ignore this and 
> > > continue it will create an address record but the AccountID is 0.
> > > 
> > > So, essentially it looks like the AccountID which is created when the main 
> > > form is dirtied is not being carried over to the subform. How can I force 
> > > this?
> > > 
> > > "Rhys Davies" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Hi - i am unsure as to why you have set your tables up this way - i have a 
> > > > database that works in a similar way but they are linked purely by companyID 
> > > > being present in both tables, i then open up a form to enter an additional 
> > > > address, close it and refresh the subform that has a list of multiple 
> > > > addresses in row order that are directly linked to the main account.  Is this 
> > > > what you are looking to do, if so then the fault lies in your table design
> > > > 
> > > > "Freeflyer" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > Hi,
> > > > > 
> > > > > I have a form and subform that I am trying to use for data entry. However, 
> > > > > it's not working out as planned.
> > > > > 
> > > > > I have two tables:
> > > > > tblAccount
> > > > > [AccountID] (PK)
> > > > > [DefaultAddressID]
> > > > > ...more fields
> > > > > tblAddress
> > > > > [AccountID] (Combined PK)
> > > > > [AddressID] (Combined PK)
> > > > > ... more fields
> > > > > 
> > > > > tblAccount holds Account records including the default address to be used in 
> > > > > all transactions, although an account can have more than one address. 
> > > > > tblAddress holds all the addresses for all accounts with a combined primary 
> > > > > key of AccountID and AddressID.
> > > > > tblAccount.AccountID is an autonumber field.
> > > > > tblDefaultAddressID is a text field.
> > > > > 
> > > > > My main form has controls to allow the user to enter all the relevent 
> > > > > information for a new account. My subform has controls for a new address.
> > > > > What I would like to happen is for the user to enter the new account, enter 
> > > > > an AddressID into tblAccount.defaultAddressID and then enter the address 
> > > > > details in the subform. However, whenever I try to type in the subform I 
> > > > > receive an error message saying "The LinkMasterFields property setting has 
> > > > > produced this error: ‘Object or class does not support the set of events’" 
> > > > > The Account record is created ok, the address record is not.
> > > > > 
> > > > > Link Master Fields is AccountID, DefaultAddressID
> > > > > Link Child Fields is AccountID, AddressID
> > > > > 
> > > > > I think I need to capture the DefaultAddressID when it is entered and use 
> > > > > this to create the address record and populate the primary key fields, but 
> > > > > I'm not sure how.
> > > > > 
> > > > > Any ideas would be appreciated.
0
Utf
12/10/2007 3:13:01 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Looking for an excel function which can mirror opposite the data
Dear sir, There are 2 data sets is assumed running in A1 down, viz.: From A1 down to A10, are showing a set of number: from 1 to 10 In the cell from B1 to B10, are showing from 10 to 1, which is decreasing from 10 to 1. My question: I want to know is there any excel formula which I can place in B1 and pick A10's number; B2 pick A9's number and etc. I know there is an easy way to do it, just type "=A10" in the cell of B1, but it is quite difficult to do it when I have more than 200 number, e.g. A1 to A200. Thanks for your advice, Wilchong -- Message posted via OfficeKB...

Problem
Ever since I added a Microsoft Exchange Server Account and all it6s associated folders and its in-box to my pre-existing Personal Outlook 2003 POP3 folders, I have had nothing but confusion. The Exchange Server account from my workplace downloads its messages into the in-Box for my private ISP POP3 account and vice versa. When I try to configure a rule for my personal POP3 account so that any messages addressed to my workplace account are loaded into the exchange server in-box on my client PC, the software tells me I have to go on-line to Exchange Server - even to create rules for th...

date problem #10
Thanks a lot, Dave This piece of code works great. M P Redd -- mpredd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mpreddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1327 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26358 ...

Averaging weekly data into Months
Ive got a string of weekly data ranging from 1993-2010, which i need to convert from weekly to monthly. Id like to do this so that in the future new weekly data can be automatically converted to its monthly average. Whats the best way to do this? Maybe this will be useful to you... Step1: (If your weekly-date is in column B) Make a new column near your data, with formula in each line as "=eomonth(b1,0)" This will bring month value of each data-line, so later you can summarise/condense your data through this column value. Step2: In your monthly summary, use refe...

Drop line on only one data point in series
Is it possible to add a drop line to only one data point in a series? If so, how? I believe attaching an autoshape line to a single data point would also meet my needs. I would like to be able to have a single data point marked with a line that doesn't require repositioning every time I add new points to the end of the series, which is daily. Any ideas? An autoshape would move anytime a heavy truck drove by. You could add custom negative error bars to the series, where the range containing the values contained zero for each point except for the one you want the drop line for. Easie...

Pulling data for a report from a form
Hi, I have a product report list that want to show the on hand qty. so i have this formula in a report field: =onHand([pkProductID],Forms!FrmMyDate!InvDateQty) but when i preview the report it shows #name? instead. Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200912/1 To refer to a textbox on another (open) form, use: =Forms!FrmMyDate!InvDateQty -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "josros60 via AccessMonster.com" <u56159@uw...

open subfolders automatically on mail entry -- not happening.
Hello all. Have a problem that happens in one Outlook 2002, but not another -- so I know there's a likely setting someplace, but can't find it. I've even stumped my company's IT people on this one: I download mail through several rules (and accounts); and ship them to various subfolders off of parent folders. What I desire is to have the email automatically open the appropriate folder -- revealing the affected subfolder -- when new mail comes into it. In one of my Outlooks (both 2002), this does open automatically revealing the new highlighted message. But the other do...

active form name
Hello!! What function returns active form name? Thanks!! Cesar There is no function to return the current field, window or form name. You can track the specific windows you are interested in using PRE triggers to set a global variable with the name or id or the current window. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions polic...

Problem w/ Outlook
I'm running Office XP and all of a sudden I can't move messages to other folders not delete messages from my Inbox. It doesn't give me a specific error code, just suggests that I restart Outlook. I've tried that with no success. I went to ControlPanel and repaired my Office installation. Any ideas? Eudora is looking beter all the time. ...

create new users STRANGE problem
Hi, I'm developing a web application (using standard asp and not asp.net) to let certain remote users administer exchange 2003. I have installed win2003 standard edition, exchange 2003 enterprise edition,owa and my web application on the same server. My web app, let users to create mailboxes, delete mailboxes, change user password. All works fine, but for example, if I reboot the server, a web application user can create 50 mailboxes. But when any of these users log on to owa, something goes wrong and the admin user cannot mailbox enable other user accounts through the web app, even if he ...

Problems with Outlook 2003
This only happens with externally sent messages. Internal messages work fine. One of my users alerted me to this issue, so I tested this myself. I created 2 messages (internal and external) and added delayed delivery to both. They were both set to go out at the same time. The internal message went, and the external message is still in the outbox. The user who alerted me to this found her message went "before" the scheduled time.We are not running in cached mode and of course running Outlook on Exchange. Is this a bug? ...

Problem changing parent Business unit
WE have re-arranged some business units into a more appropriate hierarchy, however, we have noticed that a user in a role with deep privileges (own business unit and children I think) to read users can only see users in his own business unit and only one of the child business units (there are 2 child business units). We cannot enable him to see all the users in both child business units. We tried reassigning the parent business unit to the one child that is not appearing, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. WE also tried adjusting the privileges up and down (i.e. Global and local...

Custom Formatting a Chart Data Label
I want to create a chart which will display a zero value on the data label where there is in fact a zero value, and show N/A on the data label where it didn't apply. The formula I am using in the spreadsheet uses a nested formula to make this determination: =IF(AND(B22+C22>0,C22>0),B22/C22,NA()) Presently, it works but displays the #N/A on the chart where I would prefer it simply displayed as N/A. Can I do this with a custom format on the data label?? Thanks so much! I don't know how you all do it but your amazing! -- If you can read this, thank a Teacher... If your read...

pivot table changes when data is refreshed.
Hi, I have a pivot table with grouping based on a field called "period which is of date type. I have grouped it into months and quarters However when i refresh the pivot table whenever the data (which is in seperate sheet) is changed, the groupings are going out. I want t preserve the groupings as they are like a template. How do i stop th changing the format and layout of the pivot table whenever i refres the data? any ideas? please help. regards Kiran:mad ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages d...

GST Tax Forms for New Zealand
Hi there, I have recently prchased Money 2005 Standard, ans the box has big claims about it being able to track GST on purchases etc. That all seems to be working well, except I cannot get the GST information out of it at all. How do I setup my tax forms to give me the totals that I need for my GST return? Thanks in advance Jerome Brown Dear Jerome, I also would like to display the GST in a final report. Did you have any luck elsewhere? Marcus "Jerome Brown" wrote: > Hi there, > > I have recently prchased Money 2005 Standard, ans the box has big claims > about...

Windows XP Shared PC
We are using Outlook 2000. The PC, which already had Microsoft Office 2000 loaded on it, was upgraded from Win 98 to Win XP. I then created Windows XP logons for all four people that will be sharing this PC. When I did, the Outlook shortcut automatically ended up on the desktop of each person when they individually logged in. When I clicked the shortcut the first time I went in to each person's desktop, I setup the mail account for JUST THAT PERSON. And when I go back and log into each person's desktop it still shows ONLY THEIR ACCOUNT. However, whatever mail they receive ALS...

Public Folder/OWA problem
We're running a pure Ex2k3 environment. I'm trying to setup a public folder where end-user software can be posted. This way, users can access our front-end OWA server outside of the network, open public folders, and then save the software to their local PC. The problem is that i get a "403 Forbidden" error whenever i try to download the file off of OWA. I checked that users had all permissions to the folder.. I found this TechNet article that describes something very similar (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834743/en-us). The only problem is that it refers to som...

Redefine field data type
Hi, I am trying to write a function in a module in MS Access 2000 that will change the data type of a field called 'Start' in table 'bo_cpm_CS01ALL'. Here is the code that I have done so far but when I run it nothing happens...no errors or changes to the table. The code finds the table and field, creates a new field called 'temp' then copys 'Start' to 'temp' then deletes 'Start' and renames 'temp'. The field 'Start' has data type dbDouble. Any help would be great!! Public Function ChangeFieldType() 'Purpose: Changes a f...

Shared workbook and VBA problem
Shared workbook and VBA problem Hi Group, I am new at this Excel stuff and I am hitting my head on a silly problem that I am sure many have seen before. I wrote a very simple spreadsheet where I use the Calendar control to pick some dates. Everything was fine until I decided that I needed to share it on the network with other users. As soon as I share it the calendar control stops working. I get a "runtime error 1004, unable to set left property of oleobject class". That's because the first thing I try to do is position the calendar. If I don't do that, it still doesn't...

outlook express 6 password problem
Help I have outlook express 6, windows xp. My internet provider just changed from att broadband to comcast. now i keep getting a password rejected error and i cant receive any mail. i cant seem to find a way to shut off the password. in my wifes page of xp it works ok. Hi, Bill - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these n...

memory problem of Excel 2003 copy & paste
Hi all, I am using Excel 2003 for some project. I am having 2GB C drive harddisk space. After a while, the Excel begins to be extremely slow in copy and paste... It takes about half an hour to copy and paste just a few cells... I've consulted people. It seems a memory problem. But I cannot close my windows and kill the processes, because I am running long-running (overnight) jobs... I cannot reboot either. Is there a way to clean the memory and let Excel 2003 clipboard function properly without rebooting or killing my 4 long-running processes? Thanks! p.s. I am sure this is an is...

sp_columns does not return NVARCHAR data type columns
Hi, our SQL Server Version is 2000 SP4. For several days the SP "sp_columns" does not return NVARCHAR data type columns any more. I reviewd the SP "sp_columns" and it seems, that the used SP "spt_datatype_info" does not return that type any more. A second production server returns that column type. The SP "sp_columns" is used by the ODBC-Driver to determine the table columns. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot, Nils Ok, my fault, it seems that "spt_datatype_info" is a table and there is no NVARCHAR row. After insert...

ProbleM: when I restore a mailbox using Exmerge with a pst file, nothing is transferred.
Hi, I am practising Exmerge for a big remote site migration in a couple of weeks. One thing I dont understand is that I can backup one test mailbox fine using Exmerge (I know this works, as I have opened the mailbox pst file within outlook and everything is there), but when I perform the restore using the pst file, nothing happens. There is no error messages, and Emerge goes through the motions (though it finishes supsiciously quick), but when I open the mailbox, no emails have been restored. Although it is great that Exmerge is working for the backup part of the stage, I am disappointed it i...

Charts not recognizing source data if original linked data is changed.
I am very frustrated by Excel (2003) at the moment. I'm relatively new to using Excel in depth. I have always been able to work my way through most intricacies and pitfalls. But now I have been working in a workbook with linked sheets (and with linked workbooks too) and have two problems that I cannot solve. Right now, I have about 47 sheets that are set up as follows: detail data: this is the raw data the the user enters daily totals: this is calculated data from the detail sheets summary sheets: further sums from the daily totals and a chart object that charts these sums (a line or sc...

Problems Recieving Emails
I have two accounts one for me and one for the better half. I have them set up on outlook correctly . The problem is I can only down load the wife's email using out look express. I also use Mail Washer to wash the crud out and it does not see the email either although it logs on to the accounts. Cox is my ISP. I have discussed it with them and the answer was to take it up with Microsoft, but that was a waste of time as they have not found any cause for the action. Any ideas of the problem would be kindly accepted. 1. Version of Outlook? 2. Separate mail profiles? 3. Separate Windows L...