Custom Record Selector Controls that don't work like the built-in ones

Hello,

I've created my on 'Previous' and "Next' controls for record selecting
over Access's built-in record selectors.because I wanted to get rid of
(hide) the selector bar at the bottom of my form.  My controls work
fine up until I add a new record (using a custom control for that
too). Once I add a new record, my 'Previous' and 'Next' controls no
longer toggle through the existing records that I have.  If I use the
built-in selectors I do not have this problem, as everything works
fine.  I figure its because my record source for this form is a query
that does not get updated once I add a new record. If I close the form
and re-open it, my custom record selector controls work fine again.
How can I get my custom selector controls to work properly once i add
a new record like the built -in ones do???   (fyi and without going
into details why, using the built-in selectors instead of  my custom
ones is not an option).

Patrick
0
Patrick

Patrick Potvin wrote:
>I've created my on 'Previous' and "Next' controls for record selecting
>over Access's built-in record selectors.because I wanted to get rid of
>(hide) the selector bar at the bottom of my form.  My controls work
>fine up until I add a new record (using a custom control for that
>too). Once I add a new record, my 'Previous' and 'Next' controls no
>longer toggle through the existing records that I have.  If I use the
>built-in selectors I do not have this problem, as everything works
>fine.  I figure its because my record source for this form is a query
>that does not get updated once I add a new record. If I close the form
>and re-open it, my custom record selector controls work fine again.
>How can I get my custom selector controls to work properly once i add
>a new record like the built -in ones do?

Those are called the Navigation buttons.  Record selectors
are the (optional) boxes on the left of each record in the
form.

Rather than try to debug whatever your code is doing wrong
or not doing via text messages, I suggest that you analyze
the code that can be downloaded from:
	http://www.lebans.com/recnavbuttons.htm

--
Marsh