Creating a filter for a list box

I want to create a filter for a list box that I can turn off and on
using a check box on the same form. Currently, I am using a query to
filter the list box. The query serves as the data source for the box.
Is there a way I can create a filter and then turn it on and off using
a check box? Thank you for your help.

Best,

John
0
Turner

Use criteria in the query like this ---
Like IIf([forms]![myform]![mycheck]=-1,"*" & "s" & "*") & "*"

The above only select items that have an 's' if box is checked.

--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

"Turner.John.P@gmail.com" wrote:

> I want to create a filter for a list box that I can turn off and on
> using a check box on the same form. Currently, I am using a query to
> filter the list box. The query serves as the data source for the box.
> Is there a way I can create a filter and then turn it on and off using
> a check box? Thank you for your help.
>
> Best,
>
> John

Creating a template using Publisher

Comparing first and last names in two lists

List Running Horizontally-Pivot Table Possible?
I just had a customer ask this one and I'm not so sure about it. 1) The customer has setup a list of information that is running horizontally instead of the typical list running vertically. 2) I just taught him how to do pivot tables and he wants to generate a pivot table with his "horizontal" list. 3) I know he can copy and paste special and use the Transpose feature to change the list from horizontally oriented to vertically oriented. 4) the question is: can he leave the table in its original orientation and still generate Pivot tables? I can't seem to make it work ...

Creating a worksheet in Spanish
Hello, Is there a way to create a worksheet on MS XP Pro running Office 2003 Pro all in Spanish? Thank You Kent Hansen Hi Kent All valid formulas -except the ones from the Analysis Toolpack- will automatically translate to the language of the Excel it's opened in. So any spanish speaking Excel will translate formulas to spanish, no matter which version it was written in. The rest, text constants and such, has to be typed or pasted. Excel will not translate this herself. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Kent" <Kent@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:ACCCBA3A-53B4...

Rule to automatically mark header to download based on contact list?
Is there a way to do this, or an add-in? TIA. Rich On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 04:44:35 -1000, rmc <rmc@nospam.com> wrote: > Is there a way to do this, or an add-in? What version of Outlook are you using? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Hi Ben: 2003 SP1 Rich "Ben M. Schorr - MVP" <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote in message news:op.spuxh8sf6r4cx1@bms-tablet2.scgab.com... > On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 04:44:35 -1000, rmc <rmc@nospam.com> wrote: > > > Is there a way to do this, or an add-in? > > What version of Outlook are you using? > > > -- >...

List folders to file

Combo
Hi, I am able to create a list of items with a drop down menu. I can select specific item but how do I select all item to get a query output. Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks You can't select multiple items from an Access combo box. To do that would require a listbox with it's MULTI-SELECT property set to SIMPLE or EXTENDED. See more info about list boxes here: http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut11.htm -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com __________________________________ If my post ...

Disable people picker in a sharepoint list
Dear all, I would like to disable the users/groups picker field in a SharePoint list (NewForm.aspx). I managed to disable the field itself (text box) but it's still possible to click on the "Browse" button and search for people that then get eneterd in the field. Is there a way to disable the browsing? Thank you in advance, Hrvoje I think you will delete that column. 1. Settings>List settings>Click you wnat column name on Colums category. 2. Click "delete" button. And then you can make other column. "Hrvoje" wrote: > ...

Combining Lists within excel.
I'm hoping someone can help here. I'll try to explain the problem I have. I have 2 worksheets both containing a product list. I have entries on one worksheet which I need on the other, so basically my question is... might there be a way of combining these two lists so one updates the other with the missing entries. Help on this would be great, as they are very large lists which I dont much fancy the thought of looking through them manually. Are you familiar with the VLOOKUP function? I use it all the time for this type of problem. vlookup(Product cell in first sheet, Array...

filter records in a form
I've created a form with its subform to enter tasks of employees. however I need filter records only for active employees The form has as a source, the table CARD_EMP (employee card). It has a field ST_EMP for the employee status (Active , Pasive) In the Event Form_Current I wrote DoCmd.ApplyFilter ST_EMP='A' but it doesn't work Thanks for advance Carlos -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Hi mamumi Your advice was the solution Thanks a lot Carlos -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscodin...

MFC DLL Dialog Box
Hello All, I am trying to link a MFC DLL to a MFC executable. The MFC DLL has a dialog template in it and has one entry point function in it. Dialog box template has the corresponding class as CLoadDlg. >From the executable I call the entry point function. Everything is working fine till this point. Now in entry point function I am creating a dialog box object and trying to display the dialog box (by calling DoModal). But this is not working and I see an assertion failure. Can someone give me some hints on how to get this dialog box up from the DLL. In DLL: ======= extern "C" ...

User accout shows new email
On start up a message shows in my user account that I have new email messages but am using Outlook 2003 and all incoming emails have been deleted. How do I clear the message ...

Services Invoices Get "DROP SHIP" box checked Automatically
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01CA45AC.F9A0B1F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello Everybody, Here is another story. we are GP 10 SP3 and we also a Field Service (Depot Module) installed = for which we use an Invoice ( SVC000000) and our type is Service type = Invoice. At the time of posting the Service Charges being generated by the Depot = Module, the Drop ship box gets checked automatically for which we can't = charge the customer for shipping charges. Basically we eve...

drop down lists #7
I haave a drop down list which is in a table. When I change the selection (on the list) I want another cell in my "price column" to change value with it. Is this possible? Hi You could create a list with values relating to the items in your dropdown list. Set up on Sheet2 in cells A1:B100 a list with Item in A and price in B Supposing your Column with the dropdown is Sheet 1 column A, and your Price column is column C. In C1 =Vlookup(A1,Sheet2!$A$1:$B$100,2,0) -- Regards Roger Govier "Vivek" <Vivek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B16A028...

Pivot Tables filtering data
Using Excel, I have query(using an ODBC connection) of all customer order detail over a two year time period. The detail for each customer is different in that some customer have multiple orders, and the amount of individual sales parts they order may be 1 or 100. My query gathers detail by order line item. We were able to provide management with comparative sales data. Now that we have shown this report to management, they want three things that I'm unsure how to provide. 1) Customers that are new in the current year2) customers that had orders in both years, 3)customers that ...

How do I get a list of data on one sheet into the form on the fir.
I have a timecard form on the first tab of a workbook & the various employee crew combinations on each of the subsequent tabs (each crew on a seperate tab). How do I format the for to get the employee name info from the individual crew tab required? Let me clarify my question - I am trying to use the first tab (the form) as a constant form & just change the employees names in that specific field based on the crew I want to generate the timesheet for. The crew lists are on the sugsequent tabs. I would like to be able to select the crew & print the form with only those emp...

Having marketing lists in outlook as Distribution list
We have already CRM specialized Distribution lists for contact, lead, accounts, we should also find here all the marketing lists owned by the user and with members accepting email contact. Thanks CS ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microso...

How can I delete a line created with Shift+underscore?
I can no longer select this line, so how can I delete it. When I search help for how to delete a "rule," it brings up everything BUT what I'm talking about. I'm using Office 2007, and ever since it was installed, I can't find anything and stuff happens that makes NO sense at all. How and why did that simple underline become some permanent fixture in teh email I'de REALLY LIKE TO SEND, NOW. Please help! Outlook Help is Useless! WCW That line is actually a "Border Line". Try the following: - Select eveything above and below the line - Select the FOR...

Add record and update List
This message has two questions: When I click my command button (Code Below) I need it to open the form in ADD mode but still linked to the Parent form as it is doing now. Second, that Parent form has a list box that needs to be updated when the record is added. Suggestions?? This is the command button form: Private Sub cmdProvADD_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdProvADD_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "f_ProvDetail" stLinkCriteria = "[ICNNo]=" & "'" & Me![ICNNo] & "'" ...

In excel, how do i create a box on a form for a customer to click #2
how do I create a box on a email excel form for a customer to click on to acknowledge they agree with the terms and it automatically put a check mark in the box. ...

alignment within text boxes
within a text box, how do I keep the text lines in the heading flush left and make the body justified? I make the heading flush left, then highlight body and justuify it-- but when I do-- the heading becomes justified. Select the heading (high-light) click left justify. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "rebecca1227" <rebecca1227@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A63868C4-1905-42FB-B2A2-E6F55F9CF8C5@microsoft.com... > within a text box, how do I keep the text lines in the heading flush left and > make the body justified? I make the heading flus...