Creating a Email Message from Field

I have a form that displays eMail address.  It is displayed in a text box,
the control source is a hyperlink field in my table.

How do I create a new email message, directed to the email address, and
display the email message for further editing by the user?

Does Outlook need to be running before the email is created, or will it
start automatically?

Currently, when I click on the hyperlink, it searches for a website address,
which always fails of course.

First get rid of the hyperlink state on the form and even the table.

Then simply create a On Double Click even for the e-mail control or add a
button with some code like:

DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , , Me.Email

Where you would replace Me.Email with your control name that has the
recipients e-mail address (Me.YourControlName).
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel P

"PosseJohn" wrote:

> I have a form that displays eMail address.  It is displayed in a text box,
> the control source is a hyperlink field in my table.
>
> How do I create a new email message, directed to the email address, and
> display the email message for further editing by the user?
>
> Does Outlook need to be running before the email is created, or will it
> start automatically?
>
> Currently, when I click on the hyperlink, it searches for a website address,
> which always fails of course.

Forgot one important thing.  The code needs a slight mod as per below

DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , , Me.Email, , , , , True

The true will allow you to see the e-mail and edit it!  Kinda important
since we have not automated the subject ot content.
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel P

"PosseJohn" wrote:

> I have a form that displays eMail address.  It is displayed in a text box,
> the control source is a hyperlink field in my table.
>
> How do I create a new email message, directed to the email address, and
> display the email message for further editing by the user?
>
> Does Outlook need to be running before the email is created, or will it
> start automatically?
>
> Currently, when I click on the hyperlink, it searches for a website address,
> which always fails of course.

Thanx Daniel,

That worked just perfect.

Daniel,

If I close the email without sending it, and without editing anything in it,
I receive the following error:

"The SendObject action was cancelled."

Is there a way to trap this error?

It raises err.number=2501 thus you need to trap that err.number.  Try
something like

Function SendEmail()
On Error GoTo SendEmail_Error

    DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , , "", , , , , True
    If Err.Number = 0 Then Exit Function

SendEmail_Error:
    If Err.Number <> 2501 Then
        MsgBox "MS Access has generated the following error" & vbCrLf &
vbCrLf & "Error Number: " & _
        Err.Number & vbCrLf & "Error Source: SendEmail" & vbCrLf & _
        "Error Description: " & Err.Description, vbCritical, "An Error has
Occured!"
    End If
    Exit Function
End Function
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel P

"PosseJohn" wrote:

> Daniel,
>
> If I close the email without sending it, and without editing anything in it,
> I receive the following error:
>
> "The SendObject action was cancelled."
>
> Is there a way to trap this error?

Backing Up Outlook Express Emails
Does anyone know how to back up email's in Outlook Express? Backup your dbx-files For more assistance ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Cindy" <anonymous@discussion...

Cannot move emails between folders

Automatic messages
I have a software which controls the no-break of my servers. This software send email when something goes wrong. I configured the account but it cannot send the email because Outlook doesn't permit another application to send messages on the account's behalf. I have to click on Yes to send the message. Is there any way to disable this protection? Thanks. Paulo <paulolari@lycos.com> wrote: > I have a software which controls the no-break of my > servers. This software send email when something goes > wrong. I configured the account but it cannot send the > email ...

Get at messages in queue
Is it possible to get at the undeliverable messages that are held in a queue (eg to check the message body or redirect undeliverable messages). I would like to be able to selectively forward them to an alternate email address or to archive them to a PST etc rather than just deleting them? Thanks Alan ...

Creating a template using Publisher

How to look at raw message
In outlook express you can view at the entire raw message but how do you do the same thing with the Outlooks that come in office, i.e., Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003 etc.? I hate it when you have to downgrade ti get the same features. Rightclick in the (HTML) message and choose View Source. Note that OE is not a downgrade of Outlook but a completely different product developed by the Internet Explorer team instead of the Office team -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Serv...

Message Tracking Center returns no results
Hello, My organization is running Exchange 2003. Everything works great except for the Message Tracking Center. Enable subject logging and display and also Enable message tracking are both enabled. When I do a search in the Message Tracking Center it starts the search and never does anything. No results. No error. Nothing. The log directory is logging activity as I can open the raw log files. Any ideas on where to look? I can't seem to find any configuration options for the tracking center itself. Check to make sure you have the appropriate NTFS permissions to the location wher...

How do I block messages from one particular e-mail adress?
I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it possible to block those messages? yes. right click an email from them, Junk mail, add to junk senders list -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9517F371-5BC9-46D6-8979-9FB489585258@microsoft.com... >I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it...

Can't Send Messages Until I Press F9 Key
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------030800050502050601040701 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit After I compose a message and click Send, the message does go its way until I press F9 or choose Tools|Send/Receive. I'm using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP. In case it matters, there's a toolbar for ZoneAlrm Outlook Addin with Junk filters (I use the Zone lite firewall freebie). Is there a setting in Outlook I need to set to automatically send messages? Should I disable the Zone addin? If so, how? Thanks. ---...

Outlook error message #4
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error. What's the problem? ...

Office 2007. The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook
I am getting the following error. Does anyone know how to correct this error? Thanks in advance. Hi Bill, >the "messaging interface" for Outlook is the called "MAPI". So your "MAPI" >could be corrupted or the "connector" to this interface (your Outlook >profile) could be damaged. - Try the "repair" function of Office 2007 If this wouldn�t work you can try "fixmapi.exe" (Start/Run: fixmapi.exe => OK) You would not get any response after you start the fixmapi tool. Try to start Outlook. If this wouldn�t work: ...

Creating a worksheet in Spanish
Hello, Is there a way to create a worksheet on MS XP Pro running Office 2003 Pro all in Spanish? Thank You Kent Hansen Hi Kent All valid formulas -except the ones from the Analysis Toolpack- will automatically translate to the language of the Excel it's opened in. So any spanish speaking Excel will translate formulas to spanish, no matter which version it was written in. The rest, text constants and such, has to be typed or pasted. Excel will not translate this herself. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Kent" <Kent@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:ACCCBA3A-53B4...

Email to generate case
Hi, we've recently implemented CRM in out organization, we are a small IT support company, and as such we recieve support queries by email. I have set up CRM so that it puts inbound email in our support queue as email activities, is there any way to get CRM to automatically convert these email activities into new cases? Many thanks, Dan. c360 has an add-on that will do this (www.c360.com). -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Dan Baird" wrote: > Hi, we've recently implemented CRM in out organization, we are a small IT > support company, and as suc...

'message not sent' flag in Sent Items folder
Getting this after successfully sending mail. I think it's not sending initially, then tries again and sends but doesn't change the flag. Autosaves unsent copies in Drafts every 10 minutes. Anyone know if there is a service pack fix that addresses this? I haven't been able to find. ...

Reminder for a received email for follow up
I would like to put a reminder on an email already received. This reminder would basically call my attention to the email (even though the email is in a different folder). Is there a way I can easily do this? I'm using Outlook 2003 SP1. Thanks John Off the top of my head, quick and easy, drag and drop a copy into your calendar. -- K. Orland Such as are your habitual thoughts, such also will be the character of your mind; for the soul is dyed by the thoughts - Marcus Aurelius "John" wrote: > I would like to put a reminder on an email already received. This remi...

makro to return email
I want a makro that if a check box is checked, a email is send to a recipient. See your other mail and http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Esrei" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:174801c50514$05025190$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I want a makro that if a check box is checked, a email is > send to a recipient. ...

Phantom emails
Why would outlook 2007 try to send emails about every 60 seconds when there is no emails to be sent in the outbox? Carolyn On Mon, 24 May 2010 08:45:01 -0700, Carolyn <Carolyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Why would outlook 2007 try to send emails about every 60 seconds when there >is no emails to be sent in the outbox? >Carolyn What is the indication Outlook is trying to send e-mails? -- To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious and .invalid from my e-mail address. Could it be a stuck read receipt? See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/deletereadrecei...