create record in table from subform

I have a database with many forms and subforms. For example,
sfrmPKCorrugatedHorizontalScores is a subform in
sfrmPKCorrugatedPhysicalAttributes which is a subform in frmPKCorrugated. All
linked by [txtProfileID].

The challenge is that in order to enter a record in
sfrmPKCorrugatedHorizontalScores a record must first exist in the tables
underlying sfrmPKCorrugatedPhysicalAttributes and also frmCorrugatad -
obviously. Since I know this "quirk" in the design it's easy for me to enter
a value in one of the subforms in order to create a record and then go back
and delete that value however this is clumsy and not at all what I'd want to
teach other users.

What event procedure do I need to write in sfrmPKCorrugatedHorizontalScores
that will create a record in the table underlying sfrmPKPhysicalAttributes?
I'm sure this can be done and I previously explored it here but with no
resolution.

Thanks for your time and interest!

--
www.Marzetti.com

How vouchers are tendered and recorded
I'm having trouble understanding how RMS tenders vouchers when they are redeemed. It seems to add the redeemed voucher amount to that days total sales amount; however when the voucher was originally purchased it also added the amount to that days total sales. It seems to double the voucher amount (once when issued and again when redeemed) and record it in total sales. This overstates our total sales by the amount of vouchers redeemed. What am I missing? You are not missing anything, this is how RMS (incorrectly) handles Vouchers. A solution would be to create a Department called V...

Restricting SubForm to One Record Entry Per Parent: Access 2007
Hello All, I have a one-to-one relationship between two table. I have successfully added the subform, but I get the option to add additional child records in the Datasheet View. This means that when a user tabs to the next row and enters data they get an error--and they should. Question: How do I restrict the subform to show only one row in Datasheet View? I hope I was clear. Feel free to ask for clarification. Thank you in advance for your assistance. Alcide, You have two options here. If the records are already added to the source of the subform you could set the &qu...

Pivot table chart
I hope there's a simple answer to this but I'm in a hurry and haven't got time to search for ages myself!! I have produced a pivot chart and one of the data fields is date (in the format 01/01/09 and the dates start in 2007). In short I want to be able to show all the data I have and then home-in on information from 2008 onwards and then 2009 onwards. Is there a simple way to do this? I tried to use the shift key to select a data range but this wasn't allowed so I'm looking for something like that!! Cheers Ian Hi, Put your cursor in the Date column of the pivo...

pivot table changes when data is refreshed.
Hi, I have a pivot table with grouping based on a field called "period which is of date type. I have grouped it into months and quarters However when i refresh the pivot table whenever the data (which is in seperate sheet) is changed, the groupings are going out. I want t preserve the groupings as they are like a template. How do i stop th changing the format and layout of the pivot table whenever i refres the data? any ideas? please help. regards Kiran:mad ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages d...

Default Value from another table
I want to assign a value in a form to a value from another table. I want to be able to do this for many forms (using the same value from that table). Why? Well, here is the setup: I have a login screen in the beginning (has a combo for the usernames, and text for the passwords). I have another table (table1) the records what username you selected. I want to use that value, and use it as the default value for the "Name" fields in forms the individual will use (that way they don't have to type in their name, and/or have a combo to select their name (where they can lie and chose s...

Creating a Email Message from Field
I have a form that displays eMail address. It is displayed in a text box, the control source is a hyperlink field in my table. How do I create a new email message, directed to the email address, and display the email message for further editing by the user? Does Outlook need to be running before the email is created, or will it start automatically? Currently, when I click on the hyperlink, it searches for a website address, which always fails of course. First get rid of the hyperlink state on the form and even the table. Then simply create a On Double Click even for the e-mail contr...

Link Tables 12-31-09
I have a database with some linked tables. Some are links to tables in another database and some are links to Filemaker and Excel tables through ODBC. The problem I have is that when I make a backup copy of my database the backup copy does not have the links that I made for Filemaker and Excel. I have to re-link them each time I make a backup of my database. Anyone have any ideas what I can do? Thanks, Terry D Links will be lost when you make a backup copy. You can hard code the links and they won't be lost. Check into: Docmd.tranferspreadsheet, aclink which ...

Refreshing pivot table when cut/paste data
I think this is supposed to be easy, but I'm having trouble. I have a pivot table that is run off data called Source. I need to replace the Source data on occasion, and so have been "cutting and pasting" the new data into Source - it's exactly the same in terms of columns, but has more rows. When I got to "refresh", the pivot table says it's invalid data, or some such error, and I have to rebuild. I think there is a way with links to do this, but I can't find it clearly explained. Any suggestions? Debra Dalgleish has some (lots) instructions here ...

Spellcheck only current record
I am using the following AfterUpdate code when exiting a text box named Narrative: Private Sub Narrative_AfterUpdate() For Each ctl In Me.Controls If ctl.Name = "Narrative" Then ctl.Enabled = True Else If ctl.ControlType = acTextBox Then ctl.Enabled = False End If Next ctl DoCmd.SetWarnings False DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSelectRecord Me.Narrative.SetFocus DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSpelling DoCmd.SetWarnings True For Each ctl In Me.Controls If ctl.ControlType = acTextBox Then ctl.En...

create View showing a conditional field
How can I create in a view, a calculated field (name) that depends from other field (value) as follows: if not isnull(value) then (name) ="Discount" else (name) = null thanks for your suggestions LAM LuisM (luisantony&@hotmail.com) writes: > How can I create in a view, a calculated field (name) that depends from > other field (value) as follows: if not isnull(value) then (name) > ="Discount" else (name) = null name AS CASE WHEN value IS NOT NULL THEN "Discount" END -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarsko...

Pivot table question #12
I have a workbook with multiple worksheets. One for each month of exactly the same data. I know you can use multiple ranges in a pivot table, but I am having issues that I can not figure out. The out put has row references and the field names are across the top. Any suggestions? Bart Hi, It's not clear what you want, but here is an idea: There is a way to do this using a very sophisticated query technique, but here is a tricky but easy way to do what I think you want: 1. It sounds like you already have creates your pivot table from Multiple Consolidation Ranges. So on the ...

varying table length in a MACRO
I would like to perform a macro on multiple spreadsheets with varying numbers of rows. When recording the macro, I used the keystrokes to go to the end of the spreadsheet; however, when I apply the macro to other spreadsheets, it uses a fixed row area. How can I get this to go to the end of the spreadsheet? tlwhite Range("A2").Select ActiveCell.SpecialCells(xlLastCell).Select Range(Selection, Cells(1)).Select Range("B1:M2028").Select Range("M2028").Activate Hi, The macro below will loop through the named sheets and find the...

'SY_Current_Activity' cannot find table
We were having a problem logging into Dynamics so I made the mistake of dropping the Activity table from within SQL Enterprise Manager. How can I recreate the table so that users can log into the system? Hi Hutch, To recreate your Activity table in Dynamics, locate your Dynamics GP folder then goto SQL->Install->0->System and open Tables.sys file in Notepad, copy the Activity tables creation part and execute it against Dynamics Database. For your reference I am copying that sql script below: /******************************************************** /*Begin_ACTIVITY*/ if exists...

Macros, How do I know what they do if I didn't create them.
I deviced a workbook that consists of 8 worksheets. The worksheets contain cells with formulas that are locked and hidden. They only show values. I did not purposely create any macros for this workbook. However, everytime I open it, I get a message asking me to Enable or Disable macros before starting up. If I enable the macros, is there a way to see what code they contain. How do I know if it contains a virus. I keep my virus scanner pretty well updated. I've scanned this workbook for viruses and nothing comes up. Now I am in need of creating a legitimate macro to run in th...

How do I change the header or footer to print an Access table
I teach at a high school and need to have the students identify their papers by putting there names in the header of footer area when printing a Access Table. I have not be able to find the area to make the changes. Any help would be appreciated. Use a Report. HTH -- -Larry- -- "Dennis A" <Dennis A@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A308F92-E358-44B3-918D-2838BBE239C5@microsoft.com... > I teach at a high school and need to have the students identify their papers > by putting there names in the header of footer area when printing a Access > Tab...

Tax table too big...
Upon setting the store operations up we have built a web site that goes along side it and our company has presence in 12 states, so our finance dept said we had to charge sales tax in those states by shipping zip code. This makes our tax table about 30k records or so. When the receipt at the pos is generating it takes about 45 seconds on this screen and then prints. If I delete 99% of these rows in the tax table, the rteceipt generates in a second or less. Is there a way to fix this wait time? TIA Okay fixed my own problem... It turns out it took forever on the receipt template po...

Can you convert an Acess 2003 table to ASCII?
A printed has requested conversion of mdb file to ASCII text. Can this be done? If so, how? You could export the table as a text file (you can set the delimiter options when saving). Rightclick on tablename and choose export... hth -- Maurice Ausum "BobF" wrote: > A printed has requested conversion of mdb file to ASCII text. Can this be > done? If so, how? File /Export Pieter "BobF" <BobF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34366210-031A-4BE9-BFF9-55015CC98C3C@microsoft.com... >A printed has requested conversion of mdb file to A...

Creating a Development Environment
We are going through a process of creating a development environment for two reasons: 1. to have a valid dev enviornment 2. to create a staging and test area in order to install CRM 4.0. I have not had to do much with the redeployment wizard at all and I was curious if there is any information on how it works? And is this what we will use to replicate our data into the new environment? I assume you're talking about redeploying a CRM 3.0 environment? if so, then yes the Redeployment Tool is your one and only option. it's documented as well as anything is documented in the CRM, a...

Creating new drawing based on a Template
Hi, I have created a template with some text blocks and rectangular frame around it. When I open a new Drawing(.vsd) file based on this template it does show me template outlook on first page(Page 1) of New drawing. But when I insert a new page (page 2) in Drawing (.vsd) file it doesn't show me the same outlook as I have in first Page (Page 1). Is there any way that I can apply template setting on all the pages on my New drawing file (.Vsd) file. or I have to create multiple drawing each of single page which I think is very odd solution Please advise. Thanks Pryank Rohilla This is b...

Creating a printable glossary
Any ideas for creating a glossary/dictionary for printout (to be included in a manual) would be appreciated. I have MS Word and Excel (not Publisher). I'd like to be able to catagorize each entry (the glossary will be industry-specific, but different departments have their own abbreviations, terms). And, I'll be adding to it periodically, so it must be sortable. Doing a search on Microsoft's help sites wasn't (as usual) helpful, as the search points to *their own* glossarys and dictionarys for Microsoft products, which of course is not what I need. Thanks Setup ...

ActiveX component can't create object
I HAVE JUST INSTALLED rms 2.0. I can start administraion connect to my data base, run mananager and input informtaion. When I started POS activated my KEY then I get the error code.....ActiveX component can't create object....I think it has something to do with running IE 7??? but not sure how to get around it...??? -- Graham Have you rebooted since your install. I know it sounds lame, but sometimes that helps. Otherwise, you will have to reregister your .dll files. -- Jocelyn "Graham" wrote: > I HAVE JUST INSTALLED rms 2.0. I can start administraion connect to...

Create employee attendance db using personal.xls?
I have limited, beginner VBA knowledge and have been researching online for ways to create an excel 'database' for employee attendance (worked time, holidays accumulated/used, overtime accumulated/used, other types of leave accumulated/used, etc). My research has led me to the idea of using Personal.xls by creating a Summary workbook to show all data from several sheets (1 sheet per employee). I was going to continue reading up on it but I didn't bookmark the page! (doh!). Is Personal.xls only for storing macros? Or can I put the employee data sheets in Persona...

How to dynamically create an Access 2003 form
I have a view in SQL server which will have a variable number of columns; I want to be able to dynamically create an Access form based on this view so that the form will pick up the new columns. Any ideas? Thanks. In general, you don't want to create forms on the fly in an Access application. It prevents you creating an MDE for the end user. An alterantive might be to create a form with the maximum number of text boxes you could need, and save it unbound. In the form's Open event procedure, examine the SQL statement of the view (which is presumably in the RecordSource property...

Create controls through SCRIPTING
Hi, I need to create contols at run time through scripting. how to do it ? Any idea ? samples ? Links ? waiting for ur reply... thanks, Jayender. How is your question related to MFC? If so bring the context and you may get some replies. -- Vipin Aravind Microsoft MVP <jayender.vs@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1138007222.043466.107020@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I need to create contols at run time through scripting. how to do it ? > Any idea ? samples ? Links ? waiting for ur reply... > thanks, > Jayender. > I need this too. I'm not s...

newbie needs examples of creating a recordset and inserting data using it in Access 2007?
I have created a Access 2007 database, Test.mdb, created a table called "mytest" and created required fields in it. Now, using VBA(Visual Basic for Applications) I want to insert data into it using a Recordset from a Word document. Can anyone please point me to a proper link where there is an example of how data is inserted using a Recordset into a Access 2007 table? I created one using resources on Web, but it is not correct. Sub TestRecordsetexample Dim cnn1 As ADODB.Connection Set cnn1 = CurrentProject.Connection Dim myRecordSet As New ADODB.Recordset myReco...