Create form similar to MS Access 2000 Help - Index form

Is it possible to create a form that works similar to the Help - Index form
in Access 2000?
My StreetTable consists of the following fields: Street_ID(autonumber),
StreetName(text), Directions(memo).

I want to be able to type the beginning letters of the street and the List
of StreetNames
continually reduces until I see the street I need in the StreetNames window.
I would then
click on that street and the Directions would appear in the third window
panel.
Since I'm dealing with approx. 5000 streets, scrolling really isn't an
option that I want to consider.

I found that a combo box sort of does the job, but it looks clunky.
If this project or something similar has already been discussed, could you
refer me
to that page or thread.

TIA,

Cabby

0
Cabby

I've simulated what a combo box does in a listbox, here is the code I used:

Private Sub KW_Change()
   ' Dynamic search as text entered
   Dim strSQL As String
   strSQL = "SELECT T1 FROM tblKWFlat WHERE" & _
            " T1 Like '" & Me!KW.Text & "*' "
   Me.lstKW.RowSource = strSQL
   Me.lstKW.Requery
End Sub

As you can see you need the Change event and you must use the .TEXT property
of the control.

-Dorian

"mscertified" <rupert@tigerlily.com> wrote in message
> I've simulated what a combo box does in a listbox, here is the code I
> used:
>
> Private Sub KW_Change()
>   ' Dynamic search as text entered
>   Dim strSQL As String
>   strSQL = "SELECT T1 FROM tblKWFlat WHERE" & _
>            " T1 Like '" & Me!KW.Text & "*' "
>   Me.lstKW.RowSource = strSQL
>   Me.lstKW.Requery
> End Sub
>
> As you can see you need the Change event and you must use the .TEXT
> property
> of the control.
>
> -Dorian

Thank you. This works like a charm.

Cabby

0
Cabby

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

How do I create a rule for blank messages?
I have started getting SPAM messages that have no subject and no "from" so I can't seem to create a rule to delete them. header as seen by outlook 2007--- Return-Path: <SRS0=ovPEsT=PD=staciachambers.com=sales@yourhostingaccount.com> Delivered-To: sissonfa-bob@sissonfamily.com Received: (qmail 70749 invoked from network); 9 Oct 2007 17:35:17 -0000 Received: from unknown (HELO mailout08.yourhostingaccount.com) (65.254.253.233) by st136.startlogic.com with SMTP; 9 Oct 2007 17:35:17 -0000 Received: from mailscan16.yourhostingaccount.com ([10.1.15.16] helo=mailscan16.you...

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

Reporting from Project Server

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Please help #8

How to create an autonumber field?

MS POS = RMS? Also, SQL Connectivity...

Help with importing data

Are there free upgrades to Outlook 2000?

microsoft.public.access.conversion

form fields not saving to table

Access to User Calendar

Query by Form-TJ
I need to do a Query by Form based on multiple selections from combo boxes on a form using Access 2000 I need to bring back the appropriate records in a subform. On Mon, 31 May 2010 07:08:01 -0700, ambushsinger <ambushsinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Query by Form can't do that. It can only select records in the current form view. After that, you can potentially open a new form with that subset of records in a subform. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I need to do a Query by Form based on multiple selections from combo boxes on >a form using Access 200...

Outlook 2000 calendar save as web page wrong dates.
Hi, When I save my calendar as a web page the dates are in error. This has just occurred in year 2005. Microsoft's site says it is a known issue but gives no details of how to resolve it. Anybody got any ideas? Regards Brian. Hi Brian, According to KB EN-US;891521 this issue is still under investigation. You can access this article by clicking on the link below. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;891521 Regards, Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA Partner Technical Lead - Outlook Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications -------------------- ...