Count Records for this week, this month, this quarter, this year

Hello, I am using the code--
=DCount("[ClaimID]","tblClaims","DateValue([DateCreated])=Date()") --to count
the number of record created today. I would like to use a similar code to
count the number of record created:
1) This week
2) This Month
3) This Quarter
4) This Year

When I say “this”, I mean the current week, month, Quarter and Year based on
NOW. For example, if I have 5 record for December 2009 and 6 records for
December 2008, since we are in 2009 the total for “This Month” will be 5 (not
5 + 6 = 11). Also, my record CreatedDate has a date/time value.

Thank you,
Silvio

This month would be like this:
=DCount("*", "tblClaims", "[DateCreated] >= " &
Format(DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date()), 1), "\#mm\/dd\/yyyy\#")

Notes:
a) Assumes DateCreated is a date/time field.
b) Don't change the format string even if your local date format is not
American.
c) DateSerial() accepts 3 numbers: year, month, and day.
d) For this year, substitute 1 for the middle number.
e) Use DatePart() to get the quarter. Subtract 1, multiply by 3, and add 1
to get the month starting this quarter.

"Silvio" <Silvio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, I am using the code--
> =DCount("[ClaimID]","tblClaims","DateValue([DateCreated])=Date()") --to
> count
> the number of record created today. I would like to use a similar code to
> count the number of record created:
> 1) This week
> 2) This Month
> 3) This Quarter
> 4) This Year
>
> When I say “this”, I mean the current week, month, Quarter and Year based
> on
> NOW. For example, if I have 5 record for December 2009 and 6 records for
> December 2008, since we are in 2009 the total for “This Month” will be 5
> (not
> 5 + 6 = 11). Also, my record CreatedDate has a date/time value.
>
> Thank you,
> Silvio

0
Allen
12/14/2009 2:27:12 AM
Hi Allen, thank again for your help. Do you have an example I for item e?

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> This month would be like this:
> =DCount("*", "tblClaims", "[DateCreated] >= " &
> Format(DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date()), 1), "\#mm\/dd\/yyyy\#")
>
> Notes:
> a) Assumes DateCreated is a date/time field.
> b) Don't change the format string even if your local date format is not
> American.
> c) DateSerial() accepts 3 numbers: year, month, and day.
> d) For this year, substitute 1 for the middle number.
> e) Use DatePart() to get the quarter. Subtract 1, multiply by 3, and add 1
> to get the month starting this quarter.
>

> "Silvio" <Silvio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello, I am using the code--
> > =DCount("[ClaimID]","tblClaims","DateValue([DateCreated])=Date()") --to
> > count
> > the number of record created today. I would like to use a similar code to
> > count the number of record created:
> > 1) This week
> > 2) This Month
> > 3) This Quarter
> > 4) This Year
> >
> > When I say “this”, I mean the current week, month, Quarter and Year based
> > on
> > NOW. For example, if I have 5 record for December 2009 and 6 records for
> > December 2008, since we are in 2009 the total for “This Month” will be 5
> > (not
> > 5 + 6 = 11). Also, my record CreatedDate has a date/time value.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Silvio
> >
> .

Current quarter starts:
    DateSerial(Year(Date()), 3 * (DatePart("q",Date()) - 1) + 1, 1)

> Hi Allen, thank again for your help. Do you have an example I for item e?
>
> "Allen Browne" wrote:
>
>> This month would be like this:
>> =DCount("*", "tblClaims", "[DateCreated] >= " &
>> Format(DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date()), 1), "\#mm\/dd\/yyyy\#")
>>
>> Notes:
>> a) Assumes DateCreated is a date/time field.
>> b) Don't change the format string even if your local date format is not
>> American.
>> c) DateSerial() accepts 3 numbers: year, month, and day.
>> d) For this year, substitute 1 for the middle number.
>> e) Use DatePart() to get the quarter. Subtract 1, multiply by 3, and add
>> 1
>> to get the month starting this quarter.
>> --
>> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
>> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
>> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
>>

>> "Silvio" <Silvio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello, I am using the code--
>> > =DCount("[ClaimID]","tblClaims","DateValue([DateCreated])=Date()") --to
>> > count
>> > the number of record created today. I would like to use a similar code
>> > count the number of record created:
>> > 1) This week
>> > 2) This Month
>> > 3) This Quarter
>> > 4) This Year
>> >
>> > When I say “this”, I mean the current week, month, Quarter and Year
>> > based
>> > on
>> > NOW. For example, if I have 5 record for December 2009 and 6 records
>> > for
>> > December 2008, since we are in 2009 the total for “This Month” will be
>> > 5
>> > (not
>> > 5 + 6 = 11). Also, my record CreatedDate has a date/time value.
>> >
>> > Thank you,
>> > Silvio
>> >
>> .

0
Allen
12/14/2009 12:33:17 PM
Hi Allen, it appears that the code counts everything. Probably I am doing
something wrong: =DCount("*","tblClaims","[DateCreated] >= " &
DateSerial(Year(Date()),3*(DatePart("q",Date())-1)+1,1))

Any idea?

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> Current quarter starts:
>     DateSerial(Year(Date()), 3 * (DatePart("q",Date()) - 1) + 1, 1)

> "Silvio" <Silvio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Allen, thank again for your help. Do you have an example I for item e?
> >
> > "Allen Browne" wrote:
> >
> >> This month would be like this:
> >> =DCount("*", "tblClaims", "[DateCreated] >= " &
> >> Format(DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date()), 1), "\#mm\/dd\/yyyy\#")
> >>
> >> Notes:
> >> a) Assumes DateCreated is a date/time field.
> >> b) Don't change the format string even if your local date format is not
> >> American.
> >> c) DateSerial() accepts 3 numbers: year, month, and day.
> >> d) For this year, substitute 1 for the middle number.
> >> e) Use DatePart() to get the quarter. Subtract 1, multiply by 3, and add
> >> 1
> >> to get the month starting this quarter.
> >> --
> >> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
> >> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
> >> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
> >>

> >> "Silvio" <Silvio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>
> .

The date format was the problem. For everyone's benefit here is the working
code:

=DCount("*","tblClaims","[DateCreated] >= " &
Format(DateSerial(Year(Date()),3*(DatePart("q",Date())-1)+1,1),"\#mm\/dd\/yyyy\#"))

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> Current quarter starts:
>     DateSerial(Year(Date()), 3 * (DatePart("q",Date()) - 1) + 1, 1)

> "Silvio" <Silvio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Allen, thank again for your help. Do you have an example I for item e?
> >
> > "Allen Browne" wrote:
> >
> >> This month would be like this:
> >> =DCount("*", "tblClaims", "[DateCreated] >= " &
> >> Format(DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date()), 1), "\#mm\/dd\/yyyy\#")
> >>
> >> Notes:
> >> a) Assumes DateCreated is a date/time field.
> >> b) Don't change the format string even if your local date format is not
> >> American.
> >> c) DateSerial() accepts 3 numbers: year, month, and day.
> >> d) For this year, substitute 1 for the middle number.
> >> e) Use DatePart() to get the quarter. Subtract 1, multiply by 3, and add
> >> 1
> >> to get the month starting this quarter.
> >> --
> >> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
> >> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
> >> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
> >>

> >> "Silvio" <Silvio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>
> .

COUNT over several sheets...Part 2!
Thanks for all your help guys...and quick!! I've tried =SUM(January 2005:December 2005!D34) but the cell just displays the function and not the result. Is the function wrong or am I missing something. Have I got all the spaces and characters correct? Is it possible that because there are no values in the later sheets (ie September 2005, Cell D34 will be blank) that the function isn't working? Thanks again, Fybo. Hi answered in the original thread ... Cheers JulieD "Fybo" <Fybo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:867059F3-A31A-40AD-9E31-580401...

update record in database
i have a database. the records into the database are entered thro template form. the form was created with the template wizard. everytime after entering the data in the relevant fields , i have t press alt+f+s, and then in the popup menu i have to choose add ne record radio button. can u pls help me so that a macro would add a record in the database. i tried to record a macro, but the macro only saved the file withou updating the database. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Is there a quick way to count how many emails are in my .PST file(s)
Hi Is there a quick way to count how many emails are in my .PST file? (Why? Because I want to know whether GoogleDesktop has managed to spider my archive file properly...) Ship Shiperton Henethe IN OUTLOOK? - Click on the highest level folder Left-click and select properties There should be a button there called "Folder Size" Click it..... "ship" <shiphen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1161969600.785376.108820@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > > Hi > > Is there a quick way to count how many emails are in my .PST file? > > (Why? Because ...

Counting consecutive cells
Hi, I have a table with 60 columns, each column marked A, B or X. I need to know how many times X's appear consecutively. How do I do this? Thanks in advance Neil Hi and what should happen if you have more than one series of 'X'? Maybe give an example + your expected result "neil" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a table with 60 columns, each column marked A, B or X. I need to know > how many times X's appear consecutively. How do I do this? > > Thanks in advance > > Neil Hi Frank, Yes, that is what I want. (COLUMNS) A B ...

Tracking shared records in 4.0
Anyone know if 4.0 version has the ability to track shared records easier than 3.0? thanks none so far. but you can try the SDK "Bernardina" <dl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03B6F61B-C105-47E7-8E25-FD2B946D6FEF@microsoft.com... > Anyone know if 4.0 version has the ability to track shared records easier > than 3.0? > thanks ...

Simple Query only returning 5 records
I am very new to Access, therefore I'm pretty sure I know where the problem is. That said...I have a query built of multiple imported tables. I'm mostly using it to combine values for data analysis. I have been changing the query up and rerunning it over and over. Yesterday I got some error that said I didn't have enough memory or disk space to finish the query. Now I can only get 5 records out when I run the query. I don't know if the two are related but something is up. In trying to discover the issue I have deleted all table connections and simply tried to return all the val...

Open a sheet based on day of the week!
My workbook has 7 tabs named as "Monday" through "Friday" respectively. Whenever a user opens my workbook, I would like Excel to immediately display the sheet that corresponds to the day of the week. So, if it's Wednesday, I would like Excel to immediately display the sheet named "Wednesday" upon load/open. How would I do this??? I prefer a solution that does not use Visual Basic, but if none exist, then i'll accept a Visual Basic solution. thank you You will need VB code to do this. Press Alt+F11 to go into the VB editor and double ...

Calendar year option in FRx Reporter Column header
Please add a code that allows you to populate the Calendar year in the header of the FRx Report column layout. It is important for non-profits and others who have subsidiaries working on a different fiscal year. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://...

Win2K3 SBS - Drive C nearly full
Windows 2003 SBS all MS updates Drive C: 40GB with 5GB remaining RAIDED 250GB hard drive with Drive D: remaining Gigs In the Windows C:\ClientApps\ directory there are a lot of *.cab files (some ie4 some ie6 etc. like in C:\ClientApps\ie6). I have IEv8 on the server and it's been running for about 1 year or so. Can I delete these unneeded *.cab files without any negative implications on my Windows 2003 SBS system? TIA Do you have an Exchange Server on the C drive. If so, are your logs on it also, or on another drive. The reason I ask is that an Exchange Server, over t...

Weeknumbering end of year 2004 start of year 2005
I have a small spreadsheet where i use the weeknumbering. 31 december 2004 is on a friday and is in week 53. 1 january 2005 is on a saturday and is in week 1. Strange, because a week is from sunday till saturday or from monday till sunday (depents on setting you can use) monday 3 january 2005 is in week 2. I use Excel 2000 (Office 2000 SR1 with SP3) What do I do wrong or is this a bug? Hi "Starter" <Starter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E5A65A2-4D62-4954-AB41-EC919F524F55@microsoft.com... > I have a small spreadsheet where i use the weeknumbering. &g...

Pull data from multi-row records
I've got about 50 records that were imported. Each record has about 30 rows. A portion of one would look something like: 082 04$a813/.54$222 049 \\$aLVGA 100 1\$aKelton, Elmer. 245 10$aRanger's trail$h[electronic resource] /$cElmer Kelton. 260 \\$aPrince Frederick, Md. :$bRecorded Books ;$a[Boulder, Colo. :$bMade available electronically by] NetLibrary,$c2005. 300 \\$a1 sound file (9 hr.) :$bdigital, wma file. 440 \0$aLone Star audio 490 1\$aTexas Rangers series ;$v4 538 \\$aSystem requirements: Windows Media Player compatible, check NetLibrary we...

How to view credit card balance by month?
How can I view a credit card balance by month so I can see how much it has gone up or done during some period? Thanks, Brett In microsoft.public.money, Brett wrote: >How can I view a credit card balance by month so I can see how much it has >gone up or done during some period? You could customize the WhatIHave->NetWorthOverTime to include just your credit card account(s). "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message news:vvu9k015iccau0sjjkn5rh8i92mbe2r4qe@4ax.com... > In microsoft.public.money, Brett wrote: > >>How can I view...

Counting records with Values
I'm basically a beginner in Access, but trying to become more proficient. Generally I pull data into Excel to manipulate, but I've run up against too big a database. I'm trying to count all of the records that have a value of greater than 0. I'm pulling from another query that has multiple records. The details are: Multiple months of sales information (this is where I'm trying to count >0). Multiple franchise locations and multiple SKUs. I'm trying to pull how many franchise locations Sales of >0 units for each SKU. I'm good with the SELECT piece, b...

Recording music to file
Hi, How do I record music or speech (I assume through the microphone input) to a file? Thank you for your help. "Erik" <reply-to-group@email.net> wrote in message news:%23g0v27YmKHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > > Hi, > How do I record music or speech (I assume through the microphone input) to > a file? > > Thank you for your help. > Plug a mic into Mic In, download Audacity Free, set your sound card to Mic In. Press the Record on Audacity and Record. The Save Project As. Or us windows sound recorder. See this info: htt...

Simple Count of certain cells
Whats the simplest way of counting how many times certain letters appear in a list? In cells A1:A2000, I have Ethnicity codes with singular letters A-Z, I would like to count cetrain groups of letters say A,C,G,P,Z. Thanks =COUNTIF(A1:A2000,"A") -- David Biddulph "JPDS" <JPDS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B782FA55-E4AD-4680-B426-10FCF2E0D3FD@microsoft.com... > Whats the simplest way of counting how many times certain letters appear > in a > list? > In cells A1:A2000, I have Ethnicity codes with singular letters A-Z,...

Birthday query for many children in one record
I have a database for the church, it has one main flat table only. Each record for the parents have field for child1 name, child1birthday, child2 name, child2birthday, child3 name, child3birthday - up to 5 children. I am having difficulty trying to get a report to list the birthdays of the children like this parent name, child 1 name, child 1 birthday month etc. so you get something like this:- Parent John Smith, child Mary Smith January 3 Parent Fred Jones, child Bert Jones March 4 Parent John Smith, child Jane Smith March 6 Parent Harry Brown, child Jane Brown March 6 Parent Bert Taylor,...

Wrong date on home page brings up 2 year old investments-can't cha
When I open Money 2007, my date showing on the left side is 2 years off-not exact. I have tried to advance it when I look at my investments page but it says I can't set a date in the future. Can this date be changed to refllect my current totals? I hate to reload everything. I reloaded a backup from a week ago but it didn't correct the problem. Please help, thanks. =?Utf-8?B?VGVk?= <Ted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:C08B8251-AC6C-42FE-8519-911864B52F27@microsoft.com: > When I open Money 2007, my date showing on the left side is 2 years > off-not exact. I ...

Too Slow to Sync records between ERP and MSCRM
One of our clients are using API/SDK stuff to develop an interface to sync between ERP and MSCRM...importing/updating account/contact records. However, the speed is extremely SLOW. I effectively did the a thing by multithreading my application. Performance jumped from 2records/second to 10records/second. That's with 8 threads running someobject.update. At that point, sql server cpu usage jumps to 90%, at which point I suspect it hits the disk io limit. 10rec/second is still way to slow (a nightly sync between our backend and crm takes 3 hours). Interestingly, the fastest rate...

Counting with numerous citeria..complicated
Hi, I have a complicated question for help. I hope that I make it sound ok. First thing to remember is that this sheet is linked to another, which is in-turn link to another...ive been filtering data! so what i have is: >From B3:B200 a list of brands >From column F3 to to Z3 I have a list of shops and then their respective sales in F3:Z200 What I want is for it to idenitfy where there are only sales in one store (so where there are it will say one)...that is easy I can do that! but the next bit is where I am stuck. The brands can be the same, so there could be more than 1 brand...

Intuit iPhone-friendly Quicken priced at $3/month
http://snipurl.com/1vk5m "Quicken's U.S. market share rose to 80 percent in the first 11 months of this year from 72 percent in 2006. Microsoft Money's share of sales declined to 19 percent from 25 percent in the prior year, according to NPD." "Brent" <undefined> wrote in message news:OTqBzwoQIHA.1184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > http://snipurl.com/1vk5m It is not hard to believe. It's also hard to see that MS is doing anything, or cares to do anything, to arrest the slide. "Brent" <undefined> wrote in message news:u0XTH4o...

Recording Expenses
There does not seem to be a way to enter an expense so that it is recorded on the income statement. Anyone know how to do this? Are you using the Small Business version of Money? When you say income statement, are you referring to a P&L statement? If so, are you recording your expenses against "business" categories and not "personal" categories? Sorry for so many questions. >-----Original Message----- >There does not seem to be a way to enter an expense so >that it is recorded on the income statement. Anyone know >how to do this? >. >...

Not to inlcude zero in COUNT
Hi Please can you help with this problem. I need a count in a column with amounts. The problem being I do require to count the Credits and Debits, but NOT the 0 (ZEROS). I do have 3 criteria that this applies to. eg If Cols B, C and D meet the criteria count any activity in N. Thanking you Anne Try =SUMPRODUCT((B1:B100=criteria1)*(C1:C100=criteria2)* (D1:D100=criteria3)*(ISNUMBER(N1:N100))*(N1:N100<>0)) With criterias in J1, J2, J3 try the below which will count the number of values in N1:N100 except zeroes and blanks =SUMPRODUCT((B1:B100=J1)*(C1:C100=J2)*(D1...

Count Number Of Employees for Month and Year historically
how i would i get the number of employees for each month and year that we have data for? my fields are : Representative_Name Approval_Date Termination_Date my data goes back to 06/2007. i can get how many person's were hired/fired in a particular month/year in history but a total number of un-terminated persons up to that month in history is eluding me. hope that makes sense. AC2007/XP. It depends on how you define 'the number of employees for each month'. Do you measure at the start of the month or the end? What do you want to do with an employee who ...

Record Selectors & Navigation Buttons: Set BackColor?
Anybody know how to coerce the colors of a form's RecordSelectors section and NavigationButtons? I'm guessing there's an API call somewhere, but don't have a clue beyond that. -- PeteCresswell "(PeteCresswell)" <x@y.Invalid> wrote in message news:mlqgr318v13atugcricjmnhbd7fhq4i1qa@4ax.com... > Anybody know how to coerce the colors of a form's RecordSelectors > section and NavigationButtons? > > I'm guessing there's an API call somewhere, but don't have a clue > beyond that. You can replace the standard navigation buttons with...

Fiscal year templates in CRM
My Company has a Fiscal Year with 12 periods. Each period varies (5wks,4wks,4wks). The existing FY Templates automatically force dates on me that I cannot change when I edit a user's quota. Is there any way we can create a new Fiscal Year Template? Thanks for you feedback. ...