convert .mdb to .mde

how to convert the extension .mdb to .mde and what's the use of this?

mroks

You do the conversion under Tools | Database Utilities.

The point is that it locks the design of forms, reports and modules so that
your users cannot change them.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"mroks via AccessMonster.com" <u35438@uwe> wrote in message
> how to convert the extension .mdb to .mde and what's the use of this?

Douglas

Converting to Prior Version
I converted Access 97 db to 2000 in order to make changes to it. Now that i'm done making changes, the option to convert to prior version is "greyed out" and unavailable. Is there anyway around this? thanks again, matt. Try opening only Access and then select the Tools menu to convert. Sometimes Access gets a wild hair up its you know what. "matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07ed01c3ca33$3affa080$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I converted Access 97 db to 2000 in order to make changes > to it. Now that i'm done making chan...

excel-convert list of 52 into a form with each entry on a single
how do I convert a list of 52 on an excel worksheet into 52 single printable forms? You wouild need to look up Excel 'Help' on mail merge, the Excel fil acts as the secondary merge file in MS Word -- Bryan Hesse ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2105 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39076 ...

Converting files from older version
File from Money 2000 Deluxe is not converted to Money 2004 Standart. Were is the problem ? Tough to say without you providing more information than "is not converted". "Antanas" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:170c01c4a9f8$2852b8f0$3501280a@phx.gbl... > File from Money 2000 Deluxe is not converted to Money 2004 > Standart. Were is the problem ? Assuming you still have a RECENT Money 2000 file (even if on Floppy), the answer is to restore your 2000 file, export it, and then IMPORT it into 2004. A pain in the ass, yes. A sol...

Converting Excel to Space delimited
Hi, I have a spreadsheet that I am trying to convert to a space delimite file, so that I can load it into a DB2 database. The only way I can find to do this is to save the file as a spac delimited *.prn file. However, for some reason Excel inserts a lin break after every 241 characters. I need to find a way of exportin long lines (up to around 1000 characters, spread across severa columns) to a space delimited file without Excel inserting a line brea until the end of the row. Has anyone found a way around this? Thanks for any help -- mv586 ------------------------------------------...

Need help T-SQL convert column to row.
I have MS Access table and need to convert the columns to rows. There is 50 states (column names) in #accessTable. Also, I only want to convert these columns which has value = 1 match with #StateCode and return stateid. Below is the business rule and desired results. SQL 2005. Thank you so much in advance. IF OBJECT_ID('Tempdb.dbo.#AccessTable ', 'u') IS NOT NULL DROP TABLE #AccessTable GO CREATE TABLE #AccessTable ( CustId INT NULL, AL TINYINT NULL, AK TINYINT NULL, AZ TINYINT NULL, AR TINYINT NULL...

How to convert FIGURES in one column to WORDS in another column? #2
I want to get the amounts put in one column in "Figures" to appear it in another column in "Words" . Is it possible in Excel ? See below to have a clear idea about what I am saying. Example- USD:1,013,566.38 (in Column A) to Appear As "USD:One Million Thirteen Thousand Five Hundred Sixty-six & Cents Thirty-eight only" Please Guide, if anybody can. Try this: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "Shashank Virkar" wrote: > I want to get the amounts put in one column in "Figure...

Convert 1.x access database
I only have access 2000, but the database, when I try to load, Access says it is not possible to convert from 1.x databases. Are there any tools available to convert my old database to a current format? BOFH I did it...thanks to those who are pondering. Is funny tho...the conversion utility fails, but you can import from an old database. heh heh. BOFH "BOFH" <john.hamilton70@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:36h8enF5259hjU1@individual.net... >I only have access 2000, but the database, when I try to load, Access says >it is not possible to convert from 1.x...

How do I convert a Publisher 8 file into an Excel spreadsheet?
My supervisor asked me to convert the name, address, etc. data in a Publisher 8 file into an Excel 2003 spreadsheet so I can print addresses on envelopes in a Word 2003 mail merge. He made it sound like I should know how to do it. I don't! Do you know how to do it? You will have my eternal gratitude. Thank you in advance for your help. I don't know publisher so I can't be of specific help. Just a thought. Can you copy/paste the data? -- Ian -- "neilepat" <neilepat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:81406F88-3334-45F1-A254-907E621DF072@microso...

Converting Outlook trial into full version
Hi, I wanted to try Outlook. The only trial version I could find that included Outlook was Office Professional so I installed that. I have now bought Outlook from Amazon. When I entered the activation code into the current installation of Outlook it says code not valid. So I installed Outlook from the disk that came from Amazon, I entered the code & it said ok. But today I launched Outlook as usual & it says my free trial expires in 2 days !!! Help pls !! Thank you so much. David :-) You have to Uninstall any Trial of Office together with Activation Assistant, via Add/R...

Can not edit a pub. 2003 file as it has converted to a pub. 2007 d
Don't ask me how it happened but I created a pub. 2003 document after many hours of work. Saved it, went to have lunch, came back to edit it and "somehow" it is now a pub. 2007 file. I can not print it, edit it or save it and I am going bonkers! Not really that interested in how it happened except to stop it from happening again. I need it for an assignment and don't want to create it again. I am using a relatively new computer that came with office 2007 pre-installed. I re-installed office 2003 and use this as this is what I am familiar with. Occassionally the ent...

Can I convert directly from excel to RTF?
I have a series of Excel files that I would like to show via RTF, and the only way I can think of to do this is to export to HTML, then load it into Word, and then save as RTF. Can I just go straight from Excel without using a third party program? Efanstay wrote: > I have a series of Excel files that I would like to show via RTF, and the > only way I can think of to do this is to export to HTML, then load it into > Word, and then save as RTF. Can I just go straight from Excel without using > a third party program? RTF is for typing words, not spreadsheet data. RTF doesn...

How to convert videos to iPad with iMedia Converter for Mac?
[b][url=http://www.applevideoconverter.com/iMedia-Converter-for-Mac/]iMedia Converter for Mac[/url][/b] is an All-In-One DVD Ripper and Video Converter on Mac OS X, It enables you to convert High-Definition video like AVCHD MTS/M2TS, AVCHD Lite, TS, MOD, TOD, TRP, HD MKV, HD WMV, HD MOV and standard video format including WMV, MP4, AVI, MOV, MPG, MPEG, RMVB, FLV to Apple iPad Video format. Download and install [b][url=http://www.applevideoconverter.com/download/imedia-converter.zip]iMedia Converter for Mac[/url][/b]. [b]Step 1: Launch iMedia Converter for Mac and Load Video Files[/b] ...

Convert DAY IN YEAR to date
I have a number "312" and I know it's year 2007. How do I figure convert 312 to the 312th day of 2007? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200712/1 With the year and the day number, what you have is a Julian date. Here is a function that will convert a Julian date to a serial date: Public Function JulianToSerial(lngJulianDate As Long) As Date Dim serialdate As Date JulianToSerial = DateSerial(((Year(Date) \ 10) * 10) + Int(lngJulianDate / 1000), 1, lngJulianDate Mod 1000) End Function -- Dave Hargis, M...

Convert Formula
I am reading Bill Jelen's Guerilla data analysis, in it he refers to a Convert formula, it exists in the help menu, but i can not get this formula to work. It does not show up when i search in the formulas in the 'fx' link near the formula bar anyone know the fix here? You need to add the analysis toolpak to get this function Regards "brauer.greg@gmail.com" wrote: > I am reading Bill Jelen's Guerilla data analysis, in it he refers to a > Convert formula, it exists in the help menu, but i can not get this > formula to work. It does not show up when...

Converting .txt file to Excel
I have a csv .txt file that I want to open in Excel. I have no trouble opening it in Excel, but when I do I lose all the leading zeroes that are in the records. Is there a way to convert teh .txt file and maintain exactly what is between the commas when it opens in Excel? Thank you kindly Hi Kurch, Couple of ways of doing this. Insert a column beside the column with the numbers and then use the TEXT function to create a text value from the numeric value similar to the following using as many zeros as is required. =TEXT(A1,"0000") Copy the formula down. Sele...

Conditionally Converting Text to Numbers in VBA #2
It's ok thanks; solved it me'self on error resume next check = datevalue (cellref) if check > 0 then ' alter the date using datevalue else ' ignore end if on error goto 0 Thanks anyway ;) -- Jon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Jon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3178 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=268772 ...

Safari to Word converter
How can I open a Safari Document in Word 2003 The textutil tool on your Mac can convert from webarchive to doc (or docx). See http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/DOCUMENTATION/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man1/textutil.1.html Yves "datatero" <datatero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26D65B80-BD01-4FA9-80AB-0D8F6E1F12E5@microsoft.com... > How can I open a Safari Document in Word 2003 ...

Passing date parameters to .mdb datasource
I am trying to use SQL 2005 Business Intellegence Studio to create a report against a .mdb file using an ODBC connection. What is the syntax to pass @startdate and @enddate parameters to Access? Pete Pete SELECT * FROM tbl WHERE dt>@startdate ............... "Pete Hay" <PeteHay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E05B0D5-DB3F-43FC-9F39-6EBA378517C1@microsoft.com... >I am trying to use SQL 2005 Business Intellegence Studio to create a report > against a .mdb file using an ODBC connection. What is the syntax to pass > @startdate a...

Access Runtime vs VB object converters?
I have written a few applications in MSAccess over the years starting with my first in v2.0. I am not a coder in any way, but do have some monster applications. I have upgraded to 97dev then Office XPdev along the way. I would like to sell and distribute some of them. They can all be upgraded. I have used the packaging wizard a few times with some success. I have read many of the posts in this forum re: the run time and packaging wizard, version issues and I see that there are many viewpoints and tools such as SageKey which users like to package their apps. My que...

Convert cvs file to excel file
the CVS file has 1000 records seprated by a comma when I try to open with excel it only take 256 records and places them in a single row I need to have all 1000 records placed in a single column is there a way to convert this file? Open it in Notepad/Wordpad etc and I'm assuming from your text that you will see something like the following:- 17,12,20,19,5,14,20,5,11,3 Do an Edit / Replace and replace , with ; (Replace comma with semi-colon) so that you now have 17;12;20;19;5;14;20;5;11;3 Copy the string and paste into a cell in Excel (Assume cell A1) Now put ={ at the front and ...

Converting a Money 2002 File
I am trying to convert my Money 2002 file to Money 2006, and when it reaches the "Converting File" status bar, the application hangs ("Program not Responding"). I have tried converting from both a back up file (e.g. Restore) and by opening the My Money.mny file. Both result in the same problem. In microsoft.public.money, fsunole1 wrote: >I am trying to convert my Money 2002 file to Money 2006, and when it reaches >the "Converting File" status bar, the application hangs ("Program not >Responding"). I have tried converting from both a b...

Access Module coded converted to Excel Function
Hi All, I have a module which works in Access 97 so well that I want to see if I can re-create this to work as a new function in Excel 97. Please see the module code below: Function ConvertDate(InputValue As Variant) As Variant Dim lngDay As Long Dim lngMonth As Long Dim lngYear As Long If IsNull(InputValue) = False Then lngYear = InputValue \ 65536 lngMonth = (InputValue Mod 65536) \ 256 lngDay = InputValue - (lngYear * 65536) - (lngMonth * 256) ConvertDate = DateSerial(lngYear, lngMonth, lngDay) Else ConvertDate = Null End If End Function Can anyone help wit...

Convert a textbox string value into date
I need to convert a textbox string value in the form of 31-12-09 into a date in the same format, can any one help please, thank you. >>I need to convert a textbox string value in the form of 31-12-09 into a date in the same format, Converting I understand but 'into a date in the same format' is confusing. DateSerial("20" & Right("31-12-09",2),Mid("31-12-09",InStr("31-12-09","-")+1,2),Left("31-12-09",2)) If you format it for display the results is a string. If you are going to use it in calculati...

Get an error one the .mde but not on the .mdb
I have a customer that just received the new update of my program. I send out the .mde version of the program. Everything works fine except for one form. When he tries to open the form he gets this error "The openform action was canceled" I connected up to him and sent him the .mdb program so I could see what the error was by tracing the open action of the form he was having problems with. When I ran the .mdb program the form opened with out any problem. Does anybody have a clue as to why the .mdb would work and not the .mde Hopefully someone has an answer. Thanks in advance...

converting the digits to indian currency format digit
I have the figure as below in one of my form field/and in report: 23,125,456.48 I want to display in indian currency format : 2,31,25,456.48 Any help, ugently requrired. Regards Irshad How about: Format([YourField],"##,##,##,##0,00") ...or some version of it? Irshad Alam wrote: >I have the figure as below in one of my form field/and in report: > >23,125,456.48 > >I want to display in indian currency format : > >2,31,25,456.48 > >Any help, ugently requrired. > >Regards > >Irshad -- RuralGuy (RG for sh...