Controlling Navigation Pane from a form

Hi
In my Access 2007 application I provide a number of buttons for users
to control what they see on the screen. My users go back and forth between
the initial 'switchboard' type of form (as a frontend interface) and the
actual tables and queries that are listed in the navigation pane.  I have a
button that shows/hides the nav. pane (with a simple SendKeys "{F11}"
snippet) --  but I would like the groups to be collapsed when the pane
becomes visible. Right now, when the button is clicked, the nav. pane is
displayed, but will have various groups expanded depending on what the user
had done before hiding the pane.
Is there a command to do this -- I can't seem to find one?
Also, is there a way to make the pane completely disappear--when you use
SendKeys "{F11}" it only shrinks down to the vertical strip on the left side?
thanks much, KarenW

Private Sub cmdShowNavigationPane_Click()
DoCmd.SelectObject acTable, , True
End Sub

Private Sub cmdHideNavigationPane_Click()
DoCmd.NavigateTo "acNavigationCategoryObjectType"
DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide
End Sub

"KarenW" <KarenW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> In my Access 2007 application I provide a number of buttons for users
> to control what they see on the screen. My users go back and forth between
> the initial 'switchboard' type of form (as a frontend interface) and the
> actual tables and queries that are listed in the navigation pane.  I have
> button that shows/hides the nav. pane (with a simple SendKeys "{F11}"
> snippet) --  but I would like the groups to be collapsed when the pane
> becomes visible. Right now, when the button is clicked, the nav. pane is
> displayed, but will have various groups expanded depending on what the
> user
> had done before hiding the pane.
> Is there a command to do this -- I can't seem to find one?
> Also, is there a way to make the pane completely disappear--when you use
> SendKeys "{F11}" it only shrinks down to the vertical strip on the left
> side?
> thanks much, KarenW

0
Jeanette

Update Records Pop-up Form
Hi Everyone, Help is really appreciated. So I have a form where the user can input data on three different text boxes then click on a 'search' command button and with simple code the results are filtered on the same form below in other text boxes. All this is linked to a single table. So I've set up this results text boxes Enable/Locked property to Yes because I don't want to allow the user to edit the data on the same form. However I've created an update command button which opens a new and more simple pop-up form where the user can modify the data. The problem ...

Refresh Data in Multiple Forms
FormA can be opened from, and supplies data to, multiple List forms which contain lists of data entered and edited using FormA. After editing, entering, etc. using FormA, I would like to refresh any List forms that are loaded. I am able to write code for FormA's Close button to do this for a specific List form, but get errors if that particular List form is not open at the time. How can I refresh all opened List forms after clicking a close button? This is a single user ACC2000 .mdb database. I saw in the NWinds database module code that returns a True value if a form is loaded. Doe...

Forms
I am currently developing a form in Publisher 2003. I need some of the responses on the form to be "required". For example, if a box is checked that a person is requesting vacation, the text field below it would be where the user would indicate his/her dates of vacation. If vacation is checked, the text field should be required. Or, even if I could just make it so the user must check a box for vacation vs. no vacation (even without dates), I would be happy with that. Any ideas, or am I not going to be able to accomplish this in Publisher? I didn't see any reference a...

Open form with 2 criteria
I need to open a form which need to satisfy 2 conditions. I know how to specify 1 condition but no idea how to specify 2. You can combine multiple conditions in the WhereCondition of OpenForm. Essentially the WhereCondition has to end up like the WHERE clause of a query, including the correct delimiters. This example shows how to use criteria on a numeric field, a Text field, and a Date field: Dim strWhere As String strWhere = "(MyNumber = 1) AND (MyText = ""dog"") AND (MyDate = #1/1/2007#") DoCmd.OpenForm "Form1", WhereCondition:=str...

How to personalize form "cancel order"
Hello, How to personalize form "cancel order" in "orders > cancel order" ? Thanks. Valentin Collado ...

How do I execute event on aonather form?
Hi, I have two forms, form1 and form2. How do I execute an event (AfterUpdate) bound to a countrol (combobox) on form1 from Form2? SF Change the name of the event from priviate to public. eg: Private Sub Text7_AfterUpdate() to: Public Sub Text7_AfterUpdate() Now, in form2, you can go: Call forms("Form1").Text7_AfterUpdate -- Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP) Edmonton, Alberta Canada pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com Thank you for your prompt response. My forms work very well now. SF "Albert D. Kallal" <PleaseNOOOsPAMmkallal@msn.com> wrote in message n...

speaker tone control?
XP Home SP3 I don't actually use the sound very much when I'm at the computer, but listening to some online clips today I find them rather high pitched. The XP speaker controls don't seem to include a tone adjustment. Is there an add-on or alternative speaker control for tone or is this just a fixed function of this old Dell Inspiron 2600 laptop? S Spamlet wrote: > XP Home SP3 > > I don't actually use the sound very much when I'm at the computer, but > listening to some online clips today I find them rather high pitched. The > XP ...

BLANK FORM BASED ON A QUERY
I Have Created a Dialog Form With a Button That Opens Another form, the Form That Gets Opened By The Dialog form is Based On a Query, and The Creteria Is Set To A value Inputed on the Dialog Form, Which Works Great When I Have Results Turned Up, If No Results The Form is Blank, Is Their A Code i can put in the CLick Event of the Dialog form that Opens the form, if there are no Results Wont Allow me to Open the form. and a Message.. Ive Tried The Following DoCmd.OpenForm "Project_Results_ByRecievedDate" If Me.RecordsetClone.RecordCount = 0 Then MsgBox "No records&qu...

Determining Display Area of Tab Control in MFC
Can anyone help me understand the behavior of the following code? This code is part of an MFC application and CDialogTabCtrl is a class derived from CTabCtrl. m_arPanels is an array of pointers to CWnd objects that correspond to each tab of the tab control. The following code seems to work fine but I'm not sure why. The problem is the call to MoveWindow. The docs say that the right and bottom members of the structure specify the width and height of the window. But when I uncomment the two lines that convert the right/bottom to the width/height, I get a larger margin along the right and b...

Cannot add system defined Incident attributes to the Case form.
This is a little goofy. I understand that the attributes defined under Incidents in the deployment manager are the ones to be used when customizing Cases. However, when I got to the Cases form to customize it, I can see less than half of the fields that were showing in the deployment manager. None of these fields are custom. I just want to add to the Case form some system defined fields. Has anyone seen this problem? Thanks Jay P.S: I have already published the schema, just in case those fields were not published the first time. Jay, When you go to "add" a field to a form, onl...

Update a control when a new page is opened in a form
I want to make a command button visible so the user can perform an action (say, print a letter) when a certain text box is filled in. I was finally successful in doing this. However, when I open a new page in the form, I can't figure out how to make the command button invisible again -- the command button remains visible even though the text box is empty. How do I get the page (whether I am clicking forward or backward) to make the command button visible (if the text box is filled in) or make the command button invisible (if the text box is empty)? I am very new to Access. I am...

Converting a field from Yes/No to Text Box not changing in a form
Hi I am in the process of creating a form in which I realized that I had set up a field in a table to be Yes/No (1 or 0). I realized that I actually need it to read "Yes" or "No" just I converted it to a text field. But when I check my form, it doesn't reflect my change. In other words, the fields are blank whereas I wanted to see either a "Yes" or a "No". How do I fix this problem without recreating the form? Thanks in advance. Are you certain that the text box is bound to the field in the table? -- Doug Steele, Microso...

Word, Form Fields and the Enter Key
I'm using the code below to the Enter Key will behave like the Tab Key to go between Form Fields. The problem is that when using the Enter Key, the Form Fields do not get Formatted, as they do with the Tab Key. By the way, after using the Enter Key, if I go back to the previous Form Field, and then exit that Form Field with a right arrow or Tab Key, that Field will then show the proper formatting. Can someone please show how to modify this code to work properly? Thanks for your help, Bernie ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Unable to set listening port on an activeX control
Hi. I have incorporated an activeX control on my application but when i set its listening port to a particular port it does not get set. When i do a netstat -ab on the command line, the port that my application listens to is some random port other than what i have set. What could be the problem? And how do i get it right? The similar application works in VB. Regards Rahul "rahulthathoo" <rahul.thathoo@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1153130542.084178.205340@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi. > I have incorporated an activeX control on my application but when...

number of columns in a customized Form
Hi, We need some times more than 3 columns in a row on a customized form, is this possible? has any one tried this out? any hint is highly appreciated. Regards not possible in the standard forms and not heard of any solution to increase the capability. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Max.f FirstCity" <max.f@first-city.com> wrote in message news:e%23oXeStbGHA.1856@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > We need some times more than 3 columns in a row on a customized form, is > this possible? has any ...

Manipulating controls on Dlg Box before displaying, and making modal
Hi all. I'm trying to manipulate CStatic controls within a CDialog window, and diplay the results within a Modal window (in essence, I'm creating my own MessageBox). How do I make this window Modal once I've created it? My code: void CBenchmarkApp::OnImageProperties() //This window is to display image properties { LPCTSTR lpszText_Type; //pointer to constant character string lpszText_Type = "Test"; CWnd* pCWnd = AfxGetMainWnd(); //pointer to CChildView CImageProperties iprop(pCWnd); //Construct iprop object from CImageProperties class iprop.Create(IDD_Image_Properties,N...

Form Event to disable a checkbox
I want to disable FINAL (check box field) if certain products are selected in my PRODUCT text box. Ex: Me.Product in(‘one ‘,’two’,’three’ ) then Me.final.enabled =false Else Me.Final.enabled = true So my question is: what form event is best to include this condition? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201002/1 Put your code in the Product_AfterUpdate event. "mls via AccessMonster.com" wrote: > I want to disable FINAL (check box field) if certain products are selected in > my PR...

DoCmd.TransferDatabase import "FORMS"
I am trying to import new forms into a database using the following vb code. Of course it doesn't work. Any help here would really be appreicated; DoCmd.TransferDatabase acImport, "Microsoft Access", "C:\Folder\DBname.mdb", acForm, "FrmName, frmName" Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200710/1 "FrmName, frmName" should be FrmName, frmName Pieter "CWH via AccessMonster.com" <u31211@uwe> wrote in message news:7a119afee29c8@uwe... >I am trying to import ne...

Customize the Closed Opportunity Form
I have added a new custom attirubute called "Commission Paid" to the Opportunity Entity. I would like to be able to assign the manager the ability to edit this attiribute on a closed opportunity. When you view a closed opportunity, everything is greyed out and is "read-only". Is there a way for me to make my attribute editable? Can I control who can edit this attribute? Thanks. Now how do I set an attribute to be edited by only a particular user or team? I will also let them know that we can get some custom programming done to improve the process if they want ...

Date Time Picker control resizing
Hi, I have custom task form with some data fields using the Date Time Picker control. Sometimes, when I click on the drop down in the Date Time Picker to choose a date, the mini calendar becomes really big. If I get out of Outlook and try again sometimes its back to normal other times its can be very big or very small. I'm talking about the actual mini calendar when you click on the drop arrow and not the date field itself. Any help would be great. Thanks That's a known issue with the date picker control. You need code in your Item_Open event handler to size the control as ...

blank form 05-04-10
I am taking a very large database that has 2008 data and I need to empty it to put in 2009 data. I saved as, went in and deleted the rows in the tables. But now my form is a blank page when in form view. If I go to design view, it's all there. Help, this is driving me crazy. Thank you. Heather You've based your form on a non-updateable query. If you had records in the underlying tables, you'd see data. The only remedy is to change the query to make it updateable. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://www.mvps.org/a...

HELP!!! Control Panel->Mail-> ?
I'm running microsoft outlook 2000. I am not able to setup an outlook profile. I've tried Control panel -> Mail -> but I'm directed to setup an internet connection wizard. I don't see a profiles button. Help! You are probably running Outlook in Internet Mail Only mode. Only Corporate or Workgroup uses profiles. Do you need CW mode? If not, IMO is usually best for home users. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account wi...

Help requested on VBA control
I hope someone here may be able to help, I have an XL sheet with some associated VBA code that runs against a dataset that varies in number although the fields are constant:- (Name) (Next Action) (Last Action) (Time to perform next Action) (Time last action was performed) (Flag 1) (Flag 2) (Unique ID Number) The normal User Form only shows the first 5 items as Flags 1 and 2 are hidden, however I needed to give the user the option to change them which I have done by using an input box with the MSG a string created by looping through N names and having StrMSG = StrMSG + N + Name(N). Thi...

sub sub form button visible
Access 2003 I have a allen brown calendar button on a sub subform that I need to be invisible oncurrent. I have tried... Me!f019Warranty.Form.f019WarrantyDetails.Form.btnWarrStart.Visible = False and Forms!f001ProjectReview!f019Warranty.Form!f019WarrantyDetails.Form!btnWarrStart.Visible = False and Me!f019Warranty.Form!f019WarrantyDetails.Form!btnWarrStart.Visible = False What am I doing wrong? -- deb Are you sure you are using SubFormControl names? They do not necessarily need to be the same as the SubForm they are displaying. deb wrote: >Access 2003 > >I ...

Keeping track of tables, queries and forms
Hi, Once I cross a certain number of tables, queries and forms, i get totally mixed up as to which tables, queries and forms are referenced by which tables, queries and forms. What would be a simple way of recording and keeping track of this? I thought of using a worksheet with a column each for tables, queries and forms. But felt little cumbersome with that. Would it be a good idea to make another table in the database itself to keep this information? Ideally what would be very useful is to be able to get a list of queries and forms related to the selected table, and similarly for...