Control Source =UCase([BinNight]) does not work?

Multi record form, text field enabled NO locked YES.

Produces an #Error.

--
Regards
Tom

"ThomasAJ" <ThomasAJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Multi record form, text field enabled NO locked YES.
>
> Produces an #Error.
>
> --
> Regards
> Tom

To produce the same result as the one you want:

1. Remove the UCase() function.
2. Change the Format property to ">" (without quotes).

Ed Metcalfe.

1
Ed
2/3/2008 12:24:14 AM
"ThomasAJ" <ThomasAJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Multi record form, text field enabled NO locked YES.
>
> Produces an #Error.
>
> --
> Regards
> Tom

Try setting the control source to [BinNight], and the format property to >
(greater than).

0
Stuart
2/3/2008 12:31:23 AM
While you've been giving advice on how to get around the error, I think you
may want to look a little harder at why the function isn't working, to avoid
possible other problems.

Go into the Immediate Window (using Ctrl-G), type ?UCase("a") and hit Enter.
Does A appear underneath, or do you get an error message?

If you're getting an error message, check that your References collection is
okay. While in the VB Editor, select Tools | References from the menu bar.
Examine all of the selected references.

If any of the selected references have "MISSING:" in front of them, unselect
them, and back out of the dialog. If you really need the reference(s) you
just unselected (you can tell by doing a Compile All Modules), go back in
and reselect them.

If none have "MISSING:", select an additional reference at random, back out
of the dialog, then go back in and unselect the reference you just added. If
that doesn't solve the problem, try to unselect as many of the selected
references as you can (Access may not let you unselect them all), back out
of the dialog, then go back in and reselect the references you just
unselected. (NOTE: write down what the references are before you delete
them, because they'll be in a different order when you go back in)

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"ThomasAJ" <ThomasAJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Multi record form, text field enabled NO locked YES.
>
> Produces an #Error.
>
> --
> Regards
> Tom

0
Douglas

How do i get the Data Analysis toolpack to work?
When i have selected the add in ANALYSIS in the tools menu it does not add it to the tools menu as it sud do, i need the DATA ANALYSIS button to complete my work. I am using Office 2003 Proffesional Try Tools|Customize|Options and check "Always show full menus" Jerry JamesQMUL wrote: > When i have selected the add in ANALYSIS in the tools menu it does not add it > to the tools menu as it sud do, i need the DATA ANALYSIS button to complete > my work. I am using Office 2003 Proffesional Hello i tried that but there seems to be some error with the pack i have been to ...

drag&dropping EML files to Inbox doesnt work
Hi all, Fairly regularly we get calls from our customers telling us that they cannot drag&drop their back-upped mail (in the form of *.eml files) to the Inbox. This problem occurs (at least) with Outlook 2002, and Outlook Express 6. When we ourselves try to recreate the problem, we are unable to - everything works as expected in both Outlook and Outlook Express, the *.eml files appear as e-mails in the Inbox when drag&dropped there from any place on the harddrive. I couldn't find anything on this problem using Google, except someone describing the same problem: http://www.exper...

what afxMessageBox not working here
I have CV2App class derived from CWinApp and I invoke a dialog box with CV2Dlg class derived from CDialog. In BOOL CV2App::InitInstance() after user clicks on dialog Ok button i need to display the AfxMessageBox with the string from a list box but the messagebox doesnt show up. I debuged and found it going in the following if (nResponse == IDOK) { CString msg ; msg = dlg.m_selected; //m_Selected is a public variable AfxMessageBox(msg); } Here is snaps of my code BOOL CV2App::InitInstance() { AfxEnableControlContainer(); // Standard initialization // If you are not using these...

install certificate -- not working?
I installed my co-workers certificate (using Tools>Options>Security>Digital Signatures, double-clicked her certificate and selected Install Certificate... got the message saying "sucessful import" and clicked OK).... in a new file, when I go to add her signature, when I click Add, I only see mine, not hers as well... what am I doing wrong? ...

SFO Working Offline
We are just testing our first installation of CRM, but whan I select the Go Offline option I get a "Metadata Cache Error". I have checked that the MSDE is running. Any idea what could be wrong ? Thanks Ian ...

Double clik item on list box to auto populate other controls
Hi everyone I am working on a form that has a list box control of items, the functionality that I need to add is that when the user double cliks on one item of the list box the other controls that I have on my form should autopopulate. This listbox has InquiryId's which are the primary key of my table inquiries. I am fairly new coding but so far this is what I've tried: P.S.: "ViewInquiries" is the name of my listbox on the form, and the "AccessNSUnionInquiries" that I am using on the Select Stament is a query. Private Sub ViewInquiries_DblClick(Cancel As In...

Flashing control
I want to build a command button on the form that flashes when clicked. How could i do it ? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

How do I create a watermark on an excel work sheet?
How can I create a watermark on a n excel work sheet and also change the background color? Thank you, Sue See your other thread -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "sue" <sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:387D92C2-8F29-4346-AFC9-2F52073C42ED@microsoft.com... > How can I create a watermark on a n excel work sheet and also change the > background color? > Thank you, > Sue ...

Outlook: I keep getting MS Word appearing interrupting work
Hi, Have installed outlook 2007 standard, all ok. Except, Outlook uses MS Word as it's email editor, which I like. But there appears on my system a MS Word 'frame' which seriously gets in the way of working. sometimes it appears behind outlook and blocks the background, sometimes it i selected instead of outlook and so I cannot select anything in outlook without re-focussing on outlook. It's highly annoying. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it? I still want to use word as my email editor, but don't want the ghost frame that it creates...... Thanks. Hugh. Outl...

Search a word in a work book
Hi, In excel I am able to use the find option to search a word in the current sheet. How do search the same word through out the workbook with multiple sheets. Thanks, Gomathi Select the first sheet tab you want to search, hold down shift and select the last sheet tab, then do the search, once you are done right click any tab and select ungroup sheets -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Gomathi Sankar" <gomathi.sankar@wipro.com> wrote in message news:0a7401c39e1e$3ed0baa0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > In excel I am able to use the find option to search a word > in the cur...

Can Excel auto-direct you to the source of a link?
Can Excel auto-direct you to the source of a link? ...

forms control in a class
Hi all, I have a vb.net class with this in it: Public Sub SetValues(ByVal obj As Object) DirectCast(obj, ComboBox).Items.Add("Value1") DirectCast(obj, ComboBox).Items.Add("Value2") End Sub Problem: ComboBox is unrecognized becuase this is a class library, not a form. So I add: Imports System.Windows.Forms and I get an error - Warning 1 Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'System.Windows.Forms' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least o...

Outlook 2007 Rule dose not work on aditional pst
Hi, I have a rule in outloo2007 that sends all new email form a given account to a secondary personal folder (PST). when a new email comes in I get a "cannot move to the XXXXXX folder" I created a new pst, same thing.! Any ideas? ...

Macros Stop Working
Anyone have any idea why all of a sudden macros would stop working in the middle of a slide show presentation. Using PP2007. The macros start out fine but halfway through the slide show they just quit working and the user needs to use the esc to exit. Otherwise it just sits there. -- Wi11y13 On 12/8/09 10:13 AM, in article DA1F08C0-1BDB-41EA-A0C0-AC184F73E38C@microsoft.com, "Wi11y13" <Wi11y13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Anyone have any idea why all of a sudden macros would stop working in the > middle of a slide show presentation. Using PP2007. Th...

MS Forms 2.0 Image Control Fails
A Forms 2.0 Image control bitmap that appears in the MFC dialog editor does not display when the application runs. This application was moved from VS 6 to VS 2003. The property settings and ID are the same in the VS 2003 version and the VS 6 version. The VS 6 version works fine. I also have a new dialog in VS2003 in which the control works correctly. All settings in this dialog have been checked against the non-working dialog. The control has been removed and reinserted in the non-working dialog. Why would it appear in the dialog editor and not when run? The control is fm20.dl...

SRS Data connector remote instance setup not working HELP urgent
Hi guys, Ive been on this for a week now its really annoying. If I do setup of srs just by double clickign setup file and pointing to named instance setup passes but srs doesnt work, I imagine it tries the default instance SRS. If I use the XML file to configure it, it doesnt pass the reporting service test, even though , I paste the url from the XML in a browser and see all the crm reporting db entries. Heres a paste of my XML file.. Please help! crmsetup> <srsdataconnector> <configdbserver>com-sharepointa\crmsql</configdbserver> <autoupdateconfigdb>...

working offline on client outlook
Hi, I wrote a program for the mscrm. Its run fine on the web but I want to run it on the client outlook in offline mode. I don't know how to use the srf files since the mscrmservices directory not exists. I find those files in bin\service folder but how can I get there? Writing http://localhost:2525/service/... is not working. Is it possible? What should I do to make it happen? Thank you for your help, Nurit Hello This question has been asked many times and the answer in real terms is that it cannot be done. Microsoft have given the ability to view customizations when the outlook ...

Modeless dialog + crystal report viewer control
when i add a crystal report 9.0 viewer control (Active X control) into the dialog. And then use "CreateIndierect()" to create the modeless dialog. The viewer cannot dislplay successfully. The screen only display the blank dialog. However, I can display the active X control of the viewer if I use DoModal() to create the dialog. So, how can I also display the viewer together with the dialog?? Thx ...

How do I get Pub 98 app to work with Office Student & teacher
I Have Publisher 98 installed on my Computer & use it quite frequently, with excellent results. I also had Office 1997 installed.A neighbour recently purchased Office 2003, & as it had improvements over my Office 97 I decided to purchase Office 2003 Student & Teacher Edition,thinking it would interact with the already installed Publisher Application.I have found that is'nt so, & I have difficulty in using files made in Pub 98,within the Office 2003 Program. Can I purchase a Publisher download to suit my Office S & T Edition Program Publisher 98 will co-exist w...

Code not working, any suggestions?
The following throws a report into the body of an OUTLOOK 2003 email and it worked the other day, however though data exists for some the code stops with a debug error on the OutputTo line. When I remove the "OnNoData" Cancel=True event on the report the code runs generating the email. The code stalls on the first director (who happens to not have any data for the specified day), when the "OnNoData" Event has Cancel=True. I suspect I am missing an error handler somewhere or something to that effect but have no clue at this point. Private Sub Command25_Click() Dim...

Resizing Document Imaging view control on Access form
Does anyone have experience using the MODI (Microsoft Office Document Imaging) controls? I'm trying to create an Access form that uses the document viewer (MiDocView) control to display a TIFF image, and it works fine in most circumstances. The problem is that I would like to resize the control on the fly when the user resizes the form, so that it takes up the available space. I have done this successfully in the past with other controls, and the code I have (setting the Width and Height properties of the control based on the size of the window) works here, except for one problem: ...

IF statement not working
I have a form where the user enters the number of reports for the current year as well as the number of reports for the previous year. I want to use this information to automatically tell the user whether the number of reports has increased or decreased. REPTotal is the total reports for the current year PrevYearREP is the number of reports for the previous year. Here is the IF statement I am using: { IF (REPTotal>PrevYearREP "an increase" "a decrease") } I don't anticipate the numbers ever being the same. For some reason, no matter what number...

Listview Control with only vertical scrollbar
Could any one please suggest me how to create a listview control in Excel which has only vertical scrollbar and there is no horizontal scroll bar. I have a strange problem - A few listviews that have item of longer length do not get horizontal scroll bars and some which have only two character item have horizontal scroll bar although the size of both is same. Regards, Shailesh ...

Problem Inserting an ActiveX Control Into a Modeless Dialog Box
Hi: I'm trying to insert an ActiveX control into a modeless dialog box. Specifically, I'm trying to insert it into the modeless dialog box that is the main window of the MSDN DLGCBR32 Sample. Whenever I insert an ActiveX control into this dialog box and I execute the program, nothing happens. No window shows up. If I remove the ActiveX control the program executes normally and everthing works as it should again. Can someone tell me what I need to do so I can add an ActiveX control to this modeless dialog box? TIA, Brad McMillan ...

Create a tabular control
Hello- I am a novice to Excel forms. I have to create a form template in Excel to enable the user to enter Purchase Order information for multiple POs in a single form. I want to create a single structure for PO and then Now, the header level information of PO can be collected in simple text boxes but I want to create a tabular control for each PO so that item level information can be caught into a scrolling control and lines may be added to it as needed. I want to create a structure for line items within a PO structure and then replicate the whole compounded structure once the user clicks ...