Continuous Form 11-17-07

I have a Dashboard with a subform that is a continuous form.  The subform is
a summary list of all audits in the database.
I want the user to be able to click on the audit number listed in the
subform and have another form "frmAA" open filtered to that particular audit
and ready for editing.

I've seen attempted solutions posted but results have been either the frmAA
opening to a blank record or opened to a particular audit regardless of the
audit that was selected.

Thanks in advance,

kljohn

should be easy enough. the audit table has a primary key field, correct? and
that field is included in the "summary list of all audits" subform, correct?
if you answered, no to either question, stop here and do what's necessary to
change the No answer to Yes.

in the subform, you'll run code to open frmAA, using the WhereCondition
argument in the action, as

    DoCmd.OpenForm "frmAA", , , "pk = " & Me!pk

replace the first "pk" with the name of the primary key field in the audit
table. replace the second "pk" with the name of the field *in the subform*
that contains the primary key of the audit table.

run the code wherever you want in the subform's Detail section:  in the
click or double click event procedure of a control, or a command button,
etc.

hth

> I have a Dashboard with a subform that is a continuous form.  The subform
is
> a summary list of all audits in the database.
> I want the user to be able to click on the audit number listed in the
> subform and have another form "frmAA" open filtered to that particular
audit
> and ready for editing.
>
> I've seen attempted solutions posted but results have been either the
frmAA
> opening to a blank record or opened to a particular audit regardless of
the
> audit that was selected.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> kljohn

0
tina
11/17/2007 4:00:49 AM
Tina - Works great - thanks.  The PK was my problem.

"tina" wrote:

> should be easy enough. the audit table has a primary key field, correct? and
> that field is included in the "summary list of all audits" subform, correct?
> if you answered, no to either question, stop here and do what's necessary to
> change the No answer to Yes.
>
> in the subform, you'll run code to open frmAA, using the WhereCondition
> argument in the action, as
>
>     DoCmd.OpenForm "frmAA", , , "pk = " & Me!pk
>
> replace the first "pk" with the name of the primary key field in the audit
> table. replace the second "pk" with the name of the field *in the subform*
> that contains the primary key of the audit table.
>
> run the code wherever you want in the subform's Detail section:  in the
> click or double click event procedure of a control, or a command button,
> etc.
>
> hth
>

> "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a Dashboard with a subform that is a continuous form.  The subform
> is
> > a summary list of all audits in the database.
> > I want the user to be able to click on the audit number listed in the
> > subform and have another form "frmAA" open filtered to that particular
> audit
> > and ready for editing.
> >
> > I've seen attempted solutions posted but results have been either the
> frmAA
> > opening to a blank record or opened to a particular audit regardless of
> the
> > audit that was selected.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > kljohn

how do I set up a form for record keeping?
need to set up a form that I can record personal information regarding funeral arrangements and biographical information. Unlikely to get too much help as it is almost impossible to know what information you want to keep. Standard name and address templates may be enough with added data for dates, amounts, etc. If you are likely to need huge amounts of data in single fields (cells), you may be better using Access -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "funeral home office assistant" <funeral home office assi...

Paper Data Entry Form
Hello, I have a form with many fields. Some of the fields are combo boxes based on value lists where the value list could have up to 5 different choices. Field Example: Incision Dimension (Value List: 2.0, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4) I need a paper copy of the form that users can fill out. Is there an easy way to do this such that the fields which are combo boxes will be presented with all the value list choices (i.e., Incision Dimension (2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4) so the user is aware of all the choices and perhaps circles the relevant one? I know I could print the form but it would not capture the value o...

Forms toolbar is grayed out
For some reason the buttons on the Forms Toolbar (all bar the Toggle Grid one) are grayed out. When I open a new work book they are available. I have been working on this workbook for some time. I am not aware of anything that I have done to have caused this. Possibly a mishit key along the way. I just need a check box!!!!! Please help Thanks Rob Is your worksheet protected? ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E5DC2FB-4DEE-4DD8-886F-3AE44DE7DC7F@microsoft.com... > For some reason the buttons...

Form OnLoad event for Case Entity not firing?
Hi, Is there something different about the Case entity that prevents a Form onLoad event from firing? I put an alert() call in there and it doesn't fire. I even typed garbage in the event handler and it doesn't error. Other entities like activity seem to work fine. Actually, I can't ge the onSave or the onChange events for any Case fields to fire either.... Thanks for you help! Todd Very interesting - I have the exact same problem with the Opportunity entity in CRM 4.0 Are you using CRM 4.0? Did you upgrade from 3.0? I did fix this for while by importing clean out of the ...

Form as Web Page
It has been many years since I used Access, but I would swear that I used to be able to save/export the form as an HTML or at least make it look like a webpage. I want to be able to open the form and add/modify records without having access to (or even see) the tool bars, etc... Yes you could save as a Data Access Page. Does not have all the functionality of regular forms. Maybe this would help: http://databases.about.com/od/tutorials/ss/dataaccess.htm MS Access 2010 will be released in June and has the ability to build web databases. Quite nice from what I have seen. The ...

Form creates unwanted rows in table
I've created an asset database which keeps track of computers, laptops etc. There is one company which has many departments and every department has many rooms. (surprise, surprise) There are four tables: tables Department and Asset and two "middle" tables DepartmentRoom and AssetRoom. The table structures are as follows: DEPARTMENT id name dep_type dep_num etc... ASSET id name a_type ip_num vendorID serial_num etc... DEPARTMENTROOM id name depID (foreign key to department) ASSETROOM id assetID (foreign key to asset) roomID (foreign key to depa...

In role Form\insertAction\sendEmail\description(please help)
hi add date field to this section ,but when I recieve this Email I cant see datefield ...

How do you get the maximum value to display in text box form
In a form, if I have 4 text boxes and 3 of them will contain a number. How do you get the maximum value to display in the 4th. I have tried many different things, I can make it work for a single field in a table, but that finds the value through all records. I just want it to display the max value from the numbers on the form, which could be different for various records. You could use something like this as the Control Source of the 4th text box (the underscore is for ease of reading here, and must be removed from the Control Source): =IIf([Field1]>[Field2] And [Field1]>[Field3],...

Can a form update a database?
I need to create a conference call agenda/meeting minutes template. On it I'd like to use check boxes to note who of the invitees showed up. I'd like to be able to get a listing of all the people (who may or may not be invited to all meetings) and the dates they attended. Can a form in Excel populate a database or could the form populate another Excel file? I'm real stupid about how to do things like this - does anybody have advice or maybe even a simple example? Thanks! I'd put the checkboxes in column A (say A1:A20) and link each checkbox to the cell underneath the check...

Can't get Date Range to work from Form to Report
Hi, I've followed Allen Browne's directions very closely for creating a form for a date range to limit results to that date range on a report and can not get it to work for some reason. I've read many threads on this board which all say the same thing and it seems to work for everyone else. :( Here's what I have: A form with two unbound text boxes called [txtDateBegin] and [txtDateEnd]. The form is called "frmDateRange" and the report is called "Sales Activity Report". The two unbound text boxes are set to "Short Date" format which the user ...

Format TextBox to Currency in a Form
Hi, I am having trouble formatting textbox in a form. Here is a little background on what i did in a form. I have a combobox that has all the company names. I am populating textbox results by selecting company name from the combobox. For Example, If i select CompanyA from the combobox then the textbox1 will populate its revenue. But, its populating in a general number format without any decimals. I tried everything from changing the property in the textbox and the source table. But i have no luck getting the Currency in the format. Can someone please help me with my isssue. ...

Subreport in Form
Howdy! Virtually, what I would like to do is put a subreport in a form. Reading around, I have discovered this to be impossible ;). Basically, what I have is a report building form that I would like to have a preview of the report off to the side. Is there a practical way of accomplishing this? I am using Access 2007. Thanks for any input! ...

Data entry forms
Is it possible to create a data entry form in outlook (2003 or 2007) where the user could fill-in fields... and then send it back to the originator? If so, how? What is it called in outlook so I can look it up further? QB You can use Custom Forms for this or use InfoPath if you have that installed for your users as well. A good resource to get you started with custom forms and VBA see; http://www.outlookcode.com -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more h...

Making custom form default for contacts
Hello: I am a beginner with Outlook. I am a new hire in a department that uses Outlook contact information in a Word Mail Merge process. I am teaching myself how this all works, and have been doing ok, but I am struggling with forms, particularly the form used for contacts. I don't have any problems modifying the form (for example to add FirstName and LastName fields), but I am very confused about how to get Outlook to use my modified form instead of the default custom contacts form. It seems to me that this should be a simple property setting, but I've had no luck tinkering w...

How do I create drop down form fields in Excel?
Is it possible to create dropdown lists in Excel? If so, how do I do it? Thanks You can use Data Validation to create the dropdown lists. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Micki wrote: > Is it possible to create dropdown lists in Excel? If so, how do I do it? > > Thanks -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Outlook 2003 03-17-10
Dear Sir, 1. Process will complete mailing address to sent item means anything ? 2. Repairmail up screen time that does not match the running because of what ? 3. The move affects the computer to send mail or receive ? Best Regards, On 3/16/2010 8:19 PM, supatsiri wrote: > Dear Sir, > > 1. Process will complete mailing address to sent item means anything ? > 2. Repairmail up screen time that does not match the running because of what ? > 3. The move affects the computer to send mail or receive ? > > Best Regards, What is your native language? Please post ...

How to sometimes open form to new record?
I have a parent form which is then linked to a child form. I want to have two buttons on the parent form, one to open the child form and display all the records with the corresponding foreign key, and one button to open the child form to a new record with the corresponding foreign key already inserted. I have figured out how to open the child form to a new record, but I cannot figure out how to insert the parent ID into the child foreign key. Help! Thanks. Megan, You don't have to enter the ParentID in the Child subfrom records... Establish a one many relationship between the Pa...

No Sponsoring - We Advertise
No Sponsoring - We Advertise - You Get $8,100 or else we continue to Advertise! Welcome to DollarsBlaster.com! You are invited to join one of the most rewarding financial ventures - online! There is nothing complicated to learn! The entire process is based on two ONE-TIME payments of $9 and a one time hosting fee of $7. But, as you'll learn very quickly, the revenue returned to you can range anywhere, up to $8,100, and above! Are you sick and tired of Sponsoring and Advertising? <O:P></O:P> Join us and we will keep advertising for you until we blast $8,100 in your Pa...

Promted for opening of attachment form Outlook
I have tasks linked to notes in One Note, whenever I click the attachment to open the notebook, I get a "Opening Mail Attachment" you should only open attachments from trustworthy.......... and the " always ask before opening" box is checked and grayed out so I cant change it. Although not the biggest problem in the world, it is an annoyance. Any thoughts on how to eliminate this? -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > I have tasks linked to notes in One Note, whenever I click the attachment to > open the notebook, I get a "Opening Mail...

Reporting Services error when reinstalling DPM 07
I'm in the process of upgrading DPM 2007 to 2010. I did the O/S upgrade from 2003 to 2008 Server. Now I'm trying to re-install DPM 2007 and I can't get past the prerequisite check. The error is below: Setup has detected that the installation of Reporting Services is not correctly configured or no instance of Reporting Services is linked to of SQL Server. 1)To use the local dedicated MS$DPM2007$ instance with DPM, uninstall SQL Server and run setup again. 2)To use the option of installing DPM with an existing instance of SQL Server, make sure that the Reporting ...

Percentage tax calculation 07-01-05
Hi all, i need to set the tax calculation at fixed value of 20% but i doesn't see this features in crm. any suggestion? Thanks in advance, Joe On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 13:37:17 +0200, "Joe Fischietti" <joefischietti@removemelibero.it> wrote: >Hi all, >i need to set the tax calculation at fixed value of 20% but i doesn't see >this features in crm. >any suggestion? We have an add in that will do this. It allows tax rates to be set by percentage on quotes, orders and invoices. The tax rate is set for each product with a configurable default and may be over...

MS Publisher 2000 continually installs
installed Office 2000 disk 1 and then MS Publisher from Disk 2. After I installed Publisher, it wants to do another install every time it is executed. What can I do to resolve this? You can get a program from the MS website called "msicu.exe" and there is a second one required for Disk 2 of Office. Read the instructions with these files carefully, and fully understand how they work, but they will/should cure your ills. Windows Installer cleaner Cd2Cleaner http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q247/6/74.asp http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q239/9/3...

test #11
please use the test groups "h" <h@ms.com> wrote in message news:Oq5QWRPRFHA.2384@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > ...

Is there any way to use outlook forms in public folders through OW
No. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "You''ll never walk alone" <Youllneverwalkalone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCF3575C-B329-4375-8977-C4ECDE9045A4@microsoft.com... > ...

Form Combo Box
Hi In Cell A1 I have a link to a Index function that uses Indirect(A1) to look up a named range. I also am making a form, and I just want the form to choose between some names that are located in cells "Z1:Z10" of the worksheet and put the selected name in Cell A1. How do you link the combo box to cells Z1:Z10, and put your choice in cell A1? Thanks a lot for your help Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jeff wrote: > Hi > > In Cell A1 I have a link to a Index function that uses Indirect(A1) > to...