ComboBox passing values from selected

In my form (Items_frm) I have a combo box (Itemcbx) that displays 4 columns
(Item, Makebuy, Revision, IsActive) but is bound to the first column.
However, I would like to pass the other values from the remaining columns to
other fields in my form after the selection. Is this possible?
Can someone provide a sample code?

0
Angel

You can use the Column() attribute.

Me.Itemcbx.Column(1) etc.

Note that the index for combo box columns is zero-based so 0 is the first, 1
is the second and so on...

Steve

"Angel G" wrote:

> In my form (Items_frm) I have a combo box (Itemcbx) that displays 4 columns
> (Item, Makebuy, Revision, IsActive) but is bound to the first column.
> However, I would like to pass the other values from the remaining columns to
> other fields in my form after the selection. Is this possible?
> Can someone provide a sample code?

Beautiful!

It works nice!!!
Thank you so much.

"SteveM" <SteveM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You can use the Column() attribute.
>
> Me.Itemcbx.Column(1) etc.
>
> Note that the index for combo box columns is zero-based so 0 is the first,
> 1
> is the second and so on...
>
> Steve
>
> "Angel G" wrote:
>
>> In my form (Items_frm) I have a combo box (Itemcbx) that displays 4
>> columns
>> (Item, Makebuy, Revision, IsActive) but is bound to the first column.
>> However, I would like to pass the other values from the remaining columns
>> other fields in my form after the selection. Is this possible?
>> Can someone provide a sample code?

0
Angel

Dlookup minimum value
Hello. I'm trying to use Dlookup to get the minimum date from a table. I was trying to do the following command: mDate=Dlookup(min("dateField"),"tblName") Somehow the code points an error on"Min", saying that "Sub or Function not defined". Is it possible what i'm doing? Is there any other way instead of looping through all the records? Thanks. Luis Try DMin() instead of DLookup() -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rat...

Assign Picklist value to another Picklist
I have 2 picklist (territorycode and Listado) and i want to add the value selected of territorycode picklist into listado picklist Could be something like this in the Onchange Event... crmForm.territorycode.value=crmForm.CFPListado.value; but didn`t work. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Daniel Rodriguez SMS - Argentina Try using the returnValue property, e.g.: crmForm.territorycode.returnValue=crmForm.CFPListado.returnValue; "Daniel Rodriguez" wrote: > I have 2 picklist (territorycode and Listado) and i want to add the value > selected of territorycode ...

First row in Selection range (first index of a cell)
Hello, I have a problem with selecting first cel in selection Range or return an index of the first cell in Selection Cell. I have something like this: .................... Range1.Select "and here I want to Select the first range in selection Range1" ............. I there any special function of finding first cell in selection range or returning an index of the first cell?? Thanks for answet Marcin Maybe range1(1).select or range1.cells(1).select or range1.cells(1,1).select mar_male@wp.pl wrote: > > Hello, > I have a problem with selecting first cel in selection...

CCheckListBox passing messages?
Hey! I have this CDialog in which I have a CCheckListBox. I wish to add buttons to the listbox so I create CButtons using the listbox as a parent. Everyting is just fine until I wish to capture the BN_CLICKED event from the buttons. It seems that the message doesn't get passed on from the listbox. How do I solve this? Thanks /Marcus "Marcus Seyffarth" <marcus@ettsexett.com> wrote in message news:eBAE7vNwEHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hey! > > I have this CDialog in which I have a CCheckListBox. I wish to add buttons > to the listbox so I create CBu...

Comparing Values In 2 Columns
Hi, i have 2 list of students names both of which are not up to date with each other and because of this one list has more students than the other. I want to search for students names and see if there is a match, if a match is found i need to copy the email address and paste it into the cell by the other name in the other list. See Below My spreadsheet has columns titled, (A)Display Name, (B)Display Email, (C)Sims Name and (D)Sims Email. I basically want to write a script that takes each individual display name in column A and searches in column C for an identical match, if a match is found i...

Does Multi-Field Index Work For Date/Time Values Only
I created a MS-Access DB table with the following 3 columns: ColID - PRIMARY KEY Col1 - Number Col2 - Date/Time Next I created a multi-field index using Col1 & Col2. I entered the following row in the 1st row: 1 5/10/2007 Next when I tried to add the above row again, as expected, I wasn't allowed to enter the same row. Next I entered the following 2 rows: 1 5/11/2007 2 5/10/2007 Both the rows were accepted. After this I deleted the 3 records, went back to the design view & changed the data type of Col2 from Date/Time to Number keeping the multi-field index...

dynamic field content of parameter combobox
Greetings, I have to filter my Crystal 9.0 report with a parameter combobox field in Microsoft CRM. The data for this parameter field has to be loaded out of a database field dynamically. I have found the possibility to load database field values in a parameter field but this will not be dynamically. If there is a change in the database content the parameter field content will not be updated. I hope to create a combobox control is no problem. Is there a way to turn this into reality? Thanks for your help Thomas Ott (ITVT germany) ...

Selecting Text Box
Is there a keyboard command that one can use with the mouse to select the text box (frame) rather than trigger the Edit Text mode? When there are many objects on the page, getting the mouse to click on the right frame can be a real problem. But if the cursor is in the right box, some keyboard command (with or without the mouse) should help select the right object. Thanks! ...

SQL select statement question
My dataset has 3 columns: customer id, store location, charges I'd like to write a single select statment that will show each customer id once, with the store location where they have the most charges, and the sum of the charges for that store location. This gives the max charges for each customer, but doesn't give the location: select a.custID, max(new.amt) from smallchg a inner join; (select custID, location, sum(charges) as amt from smallchg group by custID, location) as new ; on a.custID= new.CustID group by a.CustID thanks. joel Try this -- SELECT TOP 1 ...

value of value of a variable.
I tried searching, but no use! I have a Const NameA = "BLA BLA" I have a variable NameB Value of NameB is NameA. How do i get the text "BLA BLA" from NameB variable Is there anyway to do that? something like,, VALUE(NameB) Thanks & Regards Joe Hi Dim NameB as String NameB =3D NameA in a cell you could have range("A1").Value =3D NameB would now have content "BLA BLA" regards Paul On May 21, 12:35=A0pm, Joe <joe.varghese.j...@gmail.com> wrote: > I tried searching, but no use! > > I have a Const Name...

Table-like Outline and Collumm that sums prevous values up
Hello The report I would like to have should be in a tabular form just like the doc document I have attached. However, until now I have not found out how to set the report into a tabular outline. It is quite uncomfortable and time intensive to set up this report by using lines and the different text fields. In addition, it will not look any good at the end.. Also, I would need a columm that is able to sum up the values before. Just like the "total" under each semester. Are the issues solvable? Greets, Hubertholz attached: http://rapidshare.com/files/35708241...

how can I show repeating values in a chart?
I would like to show modes in the form of a pie chart but am not sure how. For example the number 73 comes up 3 times in a column on my spreadsheet, how can I show that compared to the number 50 which come up 2 times in the sheet? Thanks for the help Hi, You will need to compute those values using formula or a pivot table and then chart the results. Cheers Andy Cindy wrote: > I would like to show modes in the form of a pie chart but am not sure how. > For example the number 73 comes up 3 times in a column on my spreadsheet, how > can I show that compared to the number 50 whi...

Automatically update Value for data label
Hello I am using Excel 2003 SP2, and have some graphs which have the value (data label) for the last month. Each month new data is entered and the data label has to be deleted for the previous month and the data label for the most recent month added (it still uses the same old data - new data is only entered for the most recent month). Is there any way where the data label can automatically update with the most recent months value (as the chart updates itself automatically currently). Any ideas appreciated. Thank you in advance. Regards, Nav ...

Access 2007-Table not displaying the values from a combo box
I have built a database to schedule senior/disabled transportation appointments. I have created two tables and associated forms for data entry. I placed a combo box in the Schedule form so end users choose a client and fields complete on the form with client name, address, city, and home phone number. I did instruct Access to store the data in the SeniorIntakeID field in the Schedule table. I wrote a report that staff execute to see what is scheduled for a given date, for each driver. On the report I want to see the actual client's name, address, city, and home phone n...

Reprsent negative values in excel charts
Hi, Can someone help in how to reprsent the negative values in the chart and which is the best chart to represent it? What type of chart are you making? In a line, column, bar, XY, or area chart, the negative values are merely plotted on the other side of an axis. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "uha" <uha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:166604B5-A331-4EE6-8010-D921C1EEA017@microsoft.com... > Hi, > Can someone help in how to reprsent t...

How to find value that is bigger or smaller than 2SD?
I am new to excel, my question may be silly for you. But I really don't know how to do it and hope to get your help. I need to do statistic analysis of my data table which has lots of columns. First of all, in each column, I want to find and highlight the value that is bigger than mean+two times standard derivation, or smaller than mean-2* standard derivation. Do you have any suggestions about how to do it? Thanks alot, ming Hello, Maybe something like this ... Sub HighlightForMePlease() Dim rngLook As Range, c As Range, firstAddy As String Dim lngSTDEV1 As Double, lngSTD...

how to read textbox value from vb.net
i have added a textbox from developer>control tab>activeXcontrol>textbox in word document 2007. the content of the textbox includes "my name is supriya upadhyay". now i want to open this word file from vb.net and wanna read the content of the textbox. plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me out ...

Weighted Avg
I maintain a spreadsheet for a telephone hotline. We track total number of calls received (column F) as well as average time to answer the call (column J). To analyze the month's average time to answer, I use the following weighted average formula: SUMPRODUCT (J5:J26,F5:F26)/SUM(F5:26). I have 2 questions relating to this: 1) Is the above formula correct to determine the average speed to answer? I've assumed the weights to be the total number of calls received. 2) I have a different spreadsheet for each month (Jan, Feb, etc.). How can I properly show the weighted average as...

FRx
Is there any way to import values to a column of FRx 6.7 report from excel/doc file? Thanks in Advance, Arun. You can't "import" data but you can include data from a spreadsheet in an FRx report. See Chapter 4 of the FRx Report Designer User's Guide. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Arun" wrote: > Is there any way to import values to a column of FRx 6.7 report from > excel/doc file? > > Thanks in Advance, > Arun. ...

Query repeated values
Hello everyone. Sorry for such a newbie doubt, but since my Access and SQL experience is a bit “trial and error” I don’t even know what to search for here in the forums that so I can help myself. I have two tables A and B. First table has people’s NAMES field. Marc Wilson Andrea Smart Francis Junior Second table has a field with people’s ABILITIES but some are repeated: WORD – Marc Wilson WORD – Andrea Smart EXCEL – Francis Junior COREL – Andrea Smart COREL – Andrea Smart I’m trying to build a query to point out the duplicated lines, in this case: COREL – Andrea Smart ...

how can I set a pass code to my outlook so only I can open mail
I WANT TO LOCK MY OUTLOOK MAIL SO THAT ONLY I CAN ACCESS.TO OPEN OUTLOOK. you can set a password on the pst - right click on outlook today and choose properties, advanced. also, don't let it remember your email password. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visiting h...

linked values not displayed unless source file open
i have an excel sheet with cells linked to cells in another seperate excel file. Excel will not show the values unless I have the source file open. this always used to work with the source file closed. Now the target file shows #value. this is a major nuisance if there are 7 or 8 linked files! please help. Sandy There are some worksheet functions that don't work with closed workbooks. =indirect(), =countif(), =sumif() are a few. If you share your formula, you may find that there's an alternative that you can use. Sandyc wrote: > > i have an excel sheet with cells l...

In Excel I have a workbook, and want to select all blank rows for.
I have a worksheet with around 19,000 rows, some of which are blank. It's a price list I do regularly. How can I select all blank rows and then delete them. It will take hours to do them all manually. Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteBlankRows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "HANDY ANDY" <HANDY ANDY@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FC815E8C-813A-48EA-94A3-26E8B22F8EB4@microsoft.com... > I have a worksheet with around 19,000 rows, some of which are blank. It's a > price list I do regularly. How can ...

in a single worksheet,hw to match values based on 2 list
i got an excel sheet with 3 columns the first column B9 is header "Risk Source classification" the second column c9 has header "Risk effect" the third column should be d9 with header "Risk description" now from b10-d10 till b40-d40 we enter values as the user chooses like B10 will have list values for "Risk source classification" predefined list with about 80 values to choose from in the dropdown C10 will have list values for "Risk effect" and has 3 values "high","medium","low" i.e when "Risk Source ...

Selected Criteria or All
Hi. I have a form that runs reports depending on criteria selected by the user. The form contains a Combo Box that contains 'Types'. I have populated the combo box with the different available 'types' and an 'All Types' option. In the query, I have placed the following in the Criteria for the SAR_Type field. IIf([forms]![frmSAR_Statistics]![cmbSAR_Type]<>"All Types",[forms]![frmSAR_Statistics]![cmbSAR_Type],"*") What I am trying to achieve is for the query to show either the Selected 'Type' or All Types. So the IIf statement...