ComboBox in Subform will not display Query Data

To all,

I have a situation that is very confusing to me.  I have made many
form/subform conditions and never have had this situation happen...

For lack of better terms we will call the main form MAIN and the subform SUB.
In the subform I have a comboBox called ITEMID and it uses a query to pick a
list of items based on certain criteria.

Here is what happens...

I open the MAIN form and prompt the user for info some info using an inputbox.
Then the MAIN w/SUB open just fine.  My Links are ProjectID;ReleaseID.  The
MAIN form table (tblReleaseMemo) has the record started and the SUB table
(tblReleaseItems) is empty at this time.  The user is to pick an item from
the ITEMID comboBox in the SUB and then a record is written to the SUB table.

Problem: When I click the ITEMID comboBox I get no records.  Yet, if I have
the properties window up and check the query data it shows me the correct
records I expect to see.  This data comes from a table called
tblBulletinItems

If I close the MAIN and reopen it, then the ITEMID comboBox works OK.

I thought maybe I need data in both the MAIN and SUB tables but the closing
and opening of the MAIN proves this is not true becasue the SUB table is
still empty until I choose an ITEMID from the comboBox

I tried adding refresh and requery in various locations...nothing.  I tried
saving the forms...nothing.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me.

I have read a number of treads similar, but none helped me solve this dilema.

Thank you all in advance.
David

--
David (Disneygoof)

disneygoof

change order sequence at the data populate on the grid
At the select purchase order item (purchase order - receiving transaction entry - click on the auto receiving button) , currently the data at the grid is order by PO No, can i change the order sequence according to the location? ...

view data from one table update and save to another table
I have a tabl do this without amending te with item data which I sow on a form to create a purchase order, where the item data may require amending before publishing to the supplier. How do I do this without amending original data which for audit purposes must remain as original. "Bloggsy" <Bloggsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74D11113-3C3F-441F-8031-FA31035ED0B7@microsoft.com... >I have a tabl do this without amending te with item data which I sow on a > form to create a purchase order, where the item data may require amending > before publish...

Help! on filtering a report using a form & query
Hi. I've got a database with lookup fields. I have a form, a query and a report whose record source is the query. I want the user to select the lookup field from a drop down combo box And then run the query. If I change the query so the the criteria reads: [Forms]![frmCloseOutFilter]![txtCollection] and then run it, it will prompt me for the collection, I type a "3" and I get the desired results. It also works If I then run the report separately. But, If I try to run it from the form, I select my collection (It's a two column combo box, the first column has a width of 0...

RMS 1.2 Database connection lost, application will be closed.
While doing year end inventory we have come across the following errors and the software closes. ---------------- Store Operations Business Rules Database connection lost, application will be closed Error #-214746759 Connection Failure (Source:Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server) (Sql State: 08501) (NativeError:0) No Help file available SELECT GETDATE() AS CurrentDateTime ------------ Store Operations Business Rules the index entry for row ID was not found in index ID 3, of table 453576654, in database 'Gallery_live'. (Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL ...

How do I get the vertical scroll bar to display data from a column
As I scroll through Microsoft Excel and it displays the row number, can it also display a particular column's data? AFAIK, no... if for no other reason than that it wouldn't have any idea which column of data to display. Regards |:>) "wireman66" wrote: > As I scroll through Microsoft Excel and it displays the row number, can it > also display a particular column's data? ...

Querying external data thru macros
Hallu, I'm trying to import some external data, and my query for it is that it needs to be a specific date. I was wondering if i could write a macros so, when i run it there will be a inputbox that pops up asking which date i would like to query for before it imports the data. Any ideas?Thanks, bLySs --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ bLySs (This in XL2003, don't know if this will effect anything)... Maybe you can extract the relevant from the code below, which I set up this morning. It queries an access database on my hard drive called test.mdb, takes two field...

VBA Code to Export Data from Chart
I have a chart that is automatically produced from Cognos. I export the data into Excel, but the data for X and Y axis is contained in the chart. How do I export that data into a spreedsheet? Cognos Impromptu? I don't work with it directly myself, but our accounting department uses it to extract data from databases. Don't know that they build any charts with it. But... since data for a chart must becoming from a query somewhere, couldn't you create a query or to provide the data that's being used to make the chart as a table and then export the table to Excel...

Export Filtered Form Data To Excel
Here's one that's been bugging me for about a week now... I have a form that allows users to filter records, simple enough. But I want to give them the option to export the filtered records to Excel. I don't want to use the docmd.outputTo due to it won't filter the records, it puts all of the records in the file. I've looked around and found some code (actually that I'm already using), but the problem is that it outputs EVERYTHING on the form. My goal is to output only the fields that are on the form. I found another bit of code (following) that does what I need...

Column chart not displaying some data points
I'm trying to create a column chart out of data that looks like this: x-axis y-axis 1/3/06 300 1/9/06 600 1/31/06 250 2/23/06 1000 3/12/06 50 3/22/06 450 ....and so on. The number of data points per month varies. I'm using 1-Month units in the scale of my x-axis, so my Jan. column should read 1150, Feb. should be 1000, Mar. should be 500, etc. Problem is, Excel omits some of the data points, so the Jan. column says 900, and Mar. says 50. But on some other months, it counts all the data points in the month and shows the correct total for the month. I've trie...

Exchange Cached Mode: Why Size Difference Between Local & Server Data?
If I compare the size of my mailbox between the local & server data (using the mailbox cleanup tool) there is about a 50 MB difference. I've noticed that on other users mailboxes. Is there a reason for this? Should I be concerned? You need to determine which folders are affected (look in the ost properties for folder sizes) - depending on the folders involved it may be a problem or not. The sync errors folder does not copy down in cached mode but all other folders should. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Ta...

Another simple query
Dear all, I have a table that contains first names and last names in different fields. Is there any way to write a query that will give as a result the first name and last name in the same field? I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance! SELECT [last_name_field] & ", " & [first_name_field] AS whole_name FROM [your_name_table] Change the field and table names to whatever your actual fields and tables are. Cheers, Jason Lepack On Apr 23, 9:47 am, Homer <peter.a.r...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Dear all, > > I have a table that contains first names an...

Export data from tables to Excel
Hi I want help on exporting data from tables to Excel. Im using a form with a command button when button is pressed i want all the data on the form to goto an Excel spreadsheet but i want the spreadsheet to auto save with the primary key as the file name. Thank you Andy Andy, you can use a macro with transfer spreadsheet. In the macro you specify the name for the new file. It is auto saved. Jeanette Cunningham "Andysc" <u41622@uwe> wrote in message news:803b29d5bc08a@uwe... > Hi > I want help on exporting data from tables to Excel. > Im using a form with a comma...

query vs forms
A query looks very similar to a form in datasheet view. Is it possible to call a form from a query if you click on a certain field - or is this only possible using a form. Is is possible to check if a one of two checkboxes has been ticked (say male or female) in a record just by entering the data in a query using some sort of table validation - I know that you can do some limited required field validation. Just wanted to know if this was at all possible because at the moment I am doing all data entry through select queries and it seems to be working Ok, but need to know whether its really nec...

trouble with displaying of mhtml content
Hello! I've trouble with displaying of *.mhtml files / content on a Vista SP2 PC. IE8 shows "The page cannot be displayed", and Windows Mail isn't able to show mail content (IMAP server), but the list of mails is updated as usual. Currently saved web pages (as *.mht ) can be opened! (And their content looks very similar.) This trouble only affects one (restricted) user account. Others and Administrator eren't affected. So reason is located in this special user profile. The mshtml.dll is ok, of course (only Administrator is allowed to change). A...

Getting message can't save all data in excel xls file
When I hit the save button on my excel database file, I get a message that says "couldn't save all the data & formatting you recently added". I hit ok, exit the program and immediately re-open. It seems that my changes are saved and I can hit the save key then and I do not receive the message at that time. This has not always happened, it is a recent problem and it is annoying to keep having to close and reopen every time I make a change. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Some info: XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.micros...

Help! Automate linking data
I am creating 14 reports (each have their own tab) in an Excel workbook. I pull the information for the reports from a CSV file. Currently, I am manually opening both the CSV sheet and the Excel workbook and linking Excel cells to CSV cells. I am using one sheet in the CSV file to populate information on the 14 sheets in the Excel workbook. The CSV file and the Excel workbook are on a shared drive. The CSV file is updated early every morning through an automated process. Is there a way to automate populating the Excel cells with the CSV data? I would like to schedule this so that whe...

Data File Not Closing Properly
This has undoubtedly been brought up before, but I can't find the thread. Why am I consistently getting a message that my data file didn't close properly and has to be rechecked when opening Outlook 2007? ...

Excel Microsoft query
Hi I have a few queries, 1. Can a .txt file be joined to another database table? 2. Can I join a two tables in different sheets in the same workbook? 3. I tried to query a table on Excel sheet using the source as Excel Files*, but a field populated with numbers returned blank cells as the results. Why? ...

truncate the yaxis if one data point is MUCH higher than the rest
How do I truncate the y-axis of a bar graph if in the event that one data point is VERY high, and the others are very small? I would like to see the top of all the bars in my graph, but not the entire bar for the large data point. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ steve wrote: > How do I truncate the y-axis of a bar graph if in the event that one data > point is VERY high, and the others are very small? I would like to see t...

Parameter query to find null dates at runtime
Hi Everybody I am trying to be able to filter records by whether the date field which is called "RiskDate" in the recordset, is either: 1. Is Null 2. Not Null The parameter in the query field RiskDate is: Like "*" & [Forms]![frmCommissionContainer]![ComboRiskDate] But I cannot figure what to put in ComboRiskDate to supply the parameter at runtime. Most grateful if anyone could help. One approach would be to put anything you like in the combo box ("Null" and "Not Null" or even "Red" and "Blue" if that means something to you...

BCM data migration
Am I right in assuming that the migration wizard for Outlook Business Contact Manager to CRM 3.0 works only in a single server deployment, ie CRM and SQL installed on hte same server? Thanks, On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 04:50:00 -0800, check <check@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Am I right in assuming that the migration wizard for Outlook Business Contact >Manager to CRM 3.0 works only in a single server deployment, ie CRM and SQL >installed on hte same server? > It shouldn't matter if SQL is on the same server or not. ...

Use Same Variable multiple times in a query with different criteri
ok i have this variable i am trying to use twice with different criteria and it doesnt work help after i do with i want to count them November: Date_mailed (Variable Name) tblRecruitment2 (Table name) Between #11/1/2009# And #11/30/2009# (Criteria) October: Date_mailed tblRecruitment2 Between #10/1/2009# And #10/31/2009# I think you want to count? If so, set the E looking button on your tool bar, which turns on the Group ON feature then change the Group On to count. -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "BZboarding101" wrote: ...

Pass table data from Access to a C dll and get it back
Hi, I want to pass a table's data into C code for further processing and get the processed data back into another table in Access. I have seen sample code in C++ opening an Access db and using automation on it. However, this is not permitted in my case; the driver application has to be Access itself. So maybe I have to pass the data into VBA and then further into the C code? Sample code for this anyone? Just a simple table with a few columns (properties) will do. TIA, Nikolas "rdrnws" <rdr@nws.com> wrote in message news:fh9nfp$rpo$1@aioe.org... > Hi, I want to ...

Data Validation with Symbols
I would like to present a dropdown list for a cell consisting of the four suit symbols (hearts, clubs, diamonds, spades) and the letters "NT". Can't get data validation to do this as its font can't be changed. Does anybody know how to do this any other way (perhaps with with VBA)? Thanks for any advice or direction. Hi green biro! Have you tried inserting the symbols in a range and referring to that range in Data Validation List? Works OK for me. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au What symbols/characters and fonts di...

Display Category Info
I am using Outlook 2003. I would like to display the categories assigned to a particular contact, preferably in the general tab. Is this possible? Right now I can only see the categories assigned to a contact by going to the All Fields tab and and selecting All Contact Fields. Isn't there a more convenient way to display the categories assigned to a contact? If you maximise a Contact record, the Category field shows in the bottom line and will show you which Categories you have used for that Contact. Judy Gleeson [MVP Outlook] Acorn Training and Consulting www.acorntraining.com...