Combo box selection question

I have a subform with two combo boxes. The combo boxes have been set up so 
that the selection in the first combo box limits the selection list of the 
second combo box. These boxes seem to be working propoerly, but I would like 
to make a small change and that is where I am having a problem. 
I would like that when you change the first box (Medication name) then the 
second box (Dosages) would become blank or immediately remove the previous 
dosage. Then when you pulled the drop down menu, you would select from the 
new list.
At this time, the second cbo shows the "old" dosage until you select from 
the new drop down list. I am currently using a macro Requery On Change event 
to refresh the second cbo. Both cbos are bound to fields in a 
tblMedicationRecord.
Any help is appreciated very much. Thank you.

-- 
Kbelo
0
Utf
5/15/2007 2:28:43 AM
access.formscoding 7493 articles. 0 followers. Follow

6 Replies
579 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 53

Hi Kathy

Your first combo box probably has an AfterUpdate event procedure that says 
something like this:
    cboDosage.Requery

(Either that or some code that sets cboDosage.RowSource)

Before that line, add this:
    cboDosage = Null

(of course, "cboDosage" should be replaced by the name of your combo box)
-- 
Good Luck  :-)

Graham Mandeno [Access MVP]
Auckland, New Zealand

"Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:3DCEF8BB-793B-4F76-84AD-F26A9DA6D113@microsoft.com...
>I have a subform with two combo boxes. The combo boxes have been set up so
> that the selection in the first combo box limits the selection list of the
> second combo box. These boxes seem to be working propoerly, but I would 
> like
> to make a small change and that is where I am having a problem.
> I would like that when you change the first box (Medication name) then the
> second box (Dosages) would become blank or immediately remove the previous
> dosage. Then when you pulled the drop down menu, you would select from the
> new list.
> At this time, the second cbo shows the "old" dosage until you select from
> the new drop down list. I am currently using a macro Requery On Change 
> event
> to refresh the second cbo. Both cbos are bound to fields in a
> tblMedicationRecord.
> Any help is appreciated very much. Thank you.
>
> -- 
> Kbelo 


0
Graham
5/15/2007 2:36:45 AM
That was IT...many thanks!
Thus I am wondering if I could ask another "small" question...the first 
combo box (Medication Name) is stored on the table as a MedID (medication 
number), not as the text name..this is probably happening (I am guessing) by 
the way the combo boxes are linked in  order to limit the selections. Is 
there any way to have the text name stored, instead of the medID? 
Thank you again and I hope I have not abused your goodwill. Best wishes!
-- 
Kbelo


"Graham Mandeno" wrote:

> Hi Kathy
> 
> Your first combo box probably has an AfterUpdate event procedure that says 
> something like this:
>     cboDosage.Requery
> 
> (Either that or some code that sets cboDosage.RowSource)
> 
> Before that line, add this:
>     cboDosage = Null
> 
> (of course, "cboDosage" should be replaced by the name of your combo box)
> -- 
> Good Luck  :-)
> 
> Graham Mandeno [Access MVP]
> Auckland, New Zealand
> 
> "Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:3DCEF8BB-793B-4F76-84AD-F26A9DA6D113@microsoft.com...
> >I have a subform with two combo boxes. The combo boxes have been set up so
> > that the selection in the first combo box limits the selection list of the
> > second combo box. These boxes seem to be working propoerly, but I would 
> > like
> > to make a small change and that is where I am having a problem.
> > I would like that when you change the first box (Medication name) then the
> > second box (Dosages) would become blank or immediately remove the previous
> > dosage. Then when you pulled the drop down menu, you would select from the
> > new list.
> > At this time, the second cbo shows the "old" dosage until you select from
> > the new drop down list. I am currently using a macro Requery On Change 
> > event
> > to refresh the second cbo. Both cbos are bound to fields in a
> > tblMedicationRecord.
> > Any help is appreciated very much. Thank you.
> >
> > -- 
> > Kbelo 
> 
> 
0
Utf
5/15/2007 3:36:00 AM
In your table with the MedID do you also have a field for the MedName?  When 
you create the combo box it pulls a wizard and you select what fields you 
want to use.  Choose MedID and MedName and it will have a check box that asks 
if you want to 'hide the key column (recommended)'.  Once you finish the 
wizard you will have a drop down box of the name of the medication that is 
technically pulling and storing by the ID.
Hope that helped

"Kathy" wrote:

> That was IT...many thanks!
> Thus I am wondering if I could ask another "small" question...the first 
> combo box (Medication Name) is stored on the table as a MedID (medication 
> number), not as the text name..this is probably happening (I am guessing) by 
> the way the combo boxes are linked in  order to limit the selections. Is 
> there any way to have the text name stored, instead of the medID? 
> Thank you again and I hope I have not abused your goodwill. Best wishes!
> -- 
> Kbelo
> 
> 
> "Graham Mandeno" wrote:
> 
> > Hi Kathy
> > 
> > Your first combo box probably has an AfterUpdate event procedure that says 
> > something like this:
> >     cboDosage.Requery
> > 
> > (Either that or some code that sets cboDosage.RowSource)
> > 
> > Before that line, add this:
> >     cboDosage = Null
> > 
> > (of course, "cboDosage" should be replaced by the name of your combo box)
> > -- 
> > Good Luck  :-)
> > 
> > Graham Mandeno [Access MVP]
> > Auckland, New Zealand
> > 
> > "Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > news:3DCEF8BB-793B-4F76-84AD-F26A9DA6D113@microsoft.com...
> > >I have a subform with two combo boxes. The combo boxes have been set up so
> > > that the selection in the first combo box limits the selection list of the
> > > second combo box. These boxes seem to be working propoerly, but I would 
> > > like
> > > to make a small change and that is where I am having a problem.
> > > I would like that when you change the first box (Medication name) then the
> > > second box (Dosages) would become blank or immediately remove the previous
> > > dosage. Then when you pulled the drop down menu, you would select from the
> > > new list.
> > > At this time, the second cbo shows the "old" dosage until you select from
> > > the new drop down list. I am currently using a macro Requery On Change 
> > > event
> > > to refresh the second cbo. Both cbos are bound to fields in a
> > > tblMedicationRecord.
> > > Any help is appreciated very much. Thank you.
> > >
> > > -- 
> > > Kbelo 
> > 
> > 
0
Utf
5/15/2007 2:41:00 PM
Hi and thank you for your help....at this time, it looks like what you have 
described is exactly what is happening. So I see the MedName in the combo box 
on the form, but it is stored as the MedID in the table. I am wondering if I 
can somehow store the MedName instead. The reason is that another form also 
pulls from this table field, so instead of "Procrit" in the new form, it 
comes up as the MedID, "2". Is there something I can do to correct this 
problem? 
Thank you again for your help and advice.
-- 
Kbelo


"Pixie78" wrote:

> In your table with the MedID do you also have a field for the MedName?  When 
> you create the combo box it pulls a wizard and you select what fields you 
> want to use.  Choose MedID and MedName and it will have a check box that asks 
> if you want to 'hide the key column (recommended)'.  Once you finish the 
> wizard you will have a drop down box of the name of the medication that is 
> technically pulling and storing by the ID.
> Hope that helped
> 
> "Kathy" wrote:
> 
> > That was IT...many thanks!
> > Thus I am wondering if I could ask another "small" question...the first 
> > combo box (Medication Name) is stored on the table as a MedID (medication 
> > number), not as the text name..this is probably happening (I am guessing) by 
> > the way the combo boxes are linked in  order to limit the selections. Is 
> > there any way to have the text name stored, instead of the medID? 
> > Thank you again and I hope I have not abused your goodwill. Best wishes!
> > -- 
> > Kbelo
> > 
> > 
> > "Graham Mandeno" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hi Kathy
> > > 
> > > Your first combo box probably has an AfterUpdate event procedure that says 
> > > something like this:
> > >     cboDosage.Requery
> > > 
> > > (Either that or some code that sets cboDosage.RowSource)
> > > 
> > > Before that line, add this:
> > >     cboDosage = Null
> > > 
> > > (of course, "cboDosage" should be replaced by the name of your combo box)
> > > -- 
> > > Good Luck  :-)
> > > 
> > > Graham Mandeno [Access MVP]
> > > Auckland, New Zealand
> > > 
> > > "Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > > news:3DCEF8BB-793B-4F76-84AD-F26A9DA6D113@microsoft.com...
> > > >I have a subform with two combo boxes. The combo boxes have been set up so
> > > > that the selection in the first combo box limits the selection list of the
> > > > second combo box. These boxes seem to be working propoerly, but I would 
> > > > like
> > > > to make a small change and that is where I am having a problem.
> > > > I would like that when you change the first box (Medication name) then the
> > > > second box (Dosages) would become blank or immediately remove the previous
> > > > dosage. Then when you pulled the drop down menu, you would select from the
> > > > new list.
> > > > At this time, the second cbo shows the "old" dosage until you select from
> > > > the new drop down list. I am currently using a macro Requery On Change 
> > > > event
> > > > to refresh the second cbo. Both cbos are bound to fields in a
> > > > tblMedicationRecord.
> > > > Any help is appreciated very much. Thank you.
> > > >
> > > > -- 
> > > > Kbelo 
> > > 
> > > 
0
Utf
5/15/2007 3:08:02 PM
PS: On the second form, I tried to change the control source of the Medicaton 
text box to "=cboMeds.Column(2)", but without any luck. It "felt right" but I 
must be missing something? Thank you again.
-- 
Kbelo


"Kathy" wrote:

> Hi and thank you for your help....at this time, it looks like what you have 
> described is exactly what is happening. So I see the MedName in the combo box 
> on the form, but it is stored as the MedID in the table. I am wondering if I 
> can somehow store the MedName instead. The reason is that another form also 
> pulls from this table field, so instead of "Procrit" in the new form, it 
> comes up as the MedID, "2". Is there something I can do to correct this 
> problem? 
> Thank you again for your help and advice.
> -- 
> Kbelo
> 
> 
> "Pixie78" wrote:
> 
> > In your table with the MedID do you also have a field for the MedName?  When 
> > you create the combo box it pulls a wizard and you select what fields you 
> > want to use.  Choose MedID and MedName and it will have a check box that asks 
> > if you want to 'hide the key column (recommended)'.  Once you finish the 
> > wizard you will have a drop down box of the name of the medication that is 
> > technically pulling and storing by the ID.
> > Hope that helped
> > 
> > "Kathy" wrote:
> > 
> > > That was IT...many thanks!
> > > Thus I am wondering if I could ask another "small" question...the first 
> > > combo box (Medication Name) is stored on the table as a MedID (medication 
> > > number), not as the text name..this is probably happening (I am guessing) by 
> > > the way the combo boxes are linked in  order to limit the selections. Is 
> > > there any way to have the text name stored, instead of the medID? 
> > > Thank you again and I hope I have not abused your goodwill. Best wishes!
> > > -- 
> > > Kbelo
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "Graham Mandeno" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Hi Kathy
> > > > 
> > > > Your first combo box probably has an AfterUpdate event procedure that says 
> > > > something like this:
> > > >     cboDosage.Requery
> > > > 
> > > > (Either that or some code that sets cboDosage.RowSource)
> > > > 
> > > > Before that line, add this:
> > > >     cboDosage = Null
> > > > 
> > > > (of course, "cboDosage" should be replaced by the name of your combo box)
> > > > -- 
> > > > Good Luck  :-)
> > > > 
> > > > Graham Mandeno [Access MVP]
> > > > Auckland, New Zealand
> > > > 
> > > > "Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > > > news:3DCEF8BB-793B-4F76-84AD-F26A9DA6D113@microsoft.com...
> > > > >I have a subform with two combo boxes. The combo boxes have been set up so
> > > > > that the selection in the first combo box limits the selection list of the
> > > > > second combo box. These boxes seem to be working propoerly, but I would 
> > > > > like
> > > > > to make a small change and that is where I am having a problem.
> > > > > I would like that when you change the first box (Medication name) then the
> > > > > second box (Dosages) would become blank or immediately remove the previous
> > > > > dosage. Then when you pulled the drop down menu, you would select from the
> > > > > new list.
> > > > > At this time, the second cbo shows the "old" dosage until you select from
> > > > > the new drop down list. I am currently using a macro Requery On Change 
> > > > > event
> > > > > to refresh the second cbo. Both cbos are bound to fields in a
> > > > > tblMedicationRecord.
> > > > > Any help is appreciated very much. Thank you.
> > > > >
> > > > > -- 
> > > > > Kbelo 
> > > > 
> > > > 
0
Utf
5/15/2007 9:43:01 PM
Hi Kathy

There are two possible approaches:

One is to create a query which joins the two tables on the MedID field, and 
include the MedName field in your query.  That way, the "translation" from 
MedID to MedName is done by your query, and all you need to do is include 
that field on your form or report, or whatever.

If you really want to store the text in your many-side table, then your 
MedID primary key serves no purpose whatsoever.  You could delete it, and 
make MedName the "natural" primary key.  However, all related tables would 
need to be changed to store the name instead of the ID.
-- 
Good Luck  :-)

Graham Mandeno [Access MVP]
Auckland, New Zealand

"Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:59D95707-F5B0-441C-8561-F9EC3B8DF81D@microsoft.com...
> Hi and thank you for your help....at this time, it looks like what you 
> have
> described is exactly what is happening. So I see the MedName in the combo 
> box
> on the form, but it is stored as the MedID in the table. I am wondering if 
> I
> can somehow store the MedName instead. The reason is that another form 
> also
> pulls from this table field, so instead of "Procrit" in the new form, it
> comes up as the MedID, "2". Is there something I can do to correct this
> problem?
> Thank you again for your help and advice.
> -- 
> Kbelo
>
>
> "Pixie78" wrote:
>
>> In your table with the MedID do you also have a field for the MedName? 
>> When
>> you create the combo box it pulls a wizard and you select what fields you
>> want to use.  Choose MedID and MedName and it will have a check box that 
>> asks
>> if you want to 'hide the key column (recommended)'.  Once you finish the
>> wizard you will have a drop down box of the name of the medication that 
>> is
>> technically pulling and storing by the ID.
>> Hope that helped
>>
>> "Kathy" wrote:
>>
>> > That was IT...many thanks!
>> > Thus I am wondering if I could ask another "small" question...the first
>> > combo box (Medication Name) is stored on the table as a MedID 
>> > (medication
>> > number), not as the text name..this is probably happening (I am 
>> > guessing) by
>> > the way the combo boxes are linked in  order to limit the selections. 
>> > Is
>> > there any way to have the text name stored, instead of the medID?
>> > Thank you again and I hope I have not abused your goodwill. Best 
>> > wishes!
>> > -- 
>> > Kbelo
>> >
>> >
>> > "Graham Mandeno" wrote:
>> >
>> > > Hi Kathy
>> > >
>> > > Your first combo box probably has an AfterUpdate event procedure that 
>> > > says
>> > > something like this:
>> > >     cboDosage.Requery
>> > >
>> > > (Either that or some code that sets cboDosage.RowSource)
>> > >
>> > > Before that line, add this:
>> > >     cboDosage = Null
>> > >
>> > > (of course, "cboDosage" should be replaced by the name of your combo 
>> > > box)
>> > > -- 
>> > > Good Luck  :-)
>> > >
>> > > Graham Mandeno [Access MVP]
>> > > Auckland, New Zealand
>> > >
>> > > "Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > > news:3DCEF8BB-793B-4F76-84AD-F26A9DA6D113@microsoft.com...
>> > > >I have a subform with two combo boxes. The combo boxes have been set 
>> > > >up so
>> > > > that the selection in the first combo box limits the selection list 
>> > > > of the
>> > > > second combo box. These boxes seem to be working propoerly, but I 
>> > > > would
>> > > > like
>> > > > to make a small change and that is where I am having a problem.
>> > > > I would like that when you change the first box (Medication name) 
>> > > > then the
>> > > > second box (Dosages) would become blank or immediately remove the 
>> > > > previous
>> > > > dosage. Then when you pulled the drop down menu, you would select 
>> > > > from the
>> > > > new list.
>> > > > At this time, the second cbo shows the "old" dosage until you 
>> > > > select from
>> > > > the new drop down list. I am currently using a macro Requery On 
>> > > > Change
>> > > > event
>> > > > to refresh the second cbo. Both cbos are bound to fields in a
>> > > > tblMedicationRecord.
>> > > > Any help is appreciated very much. Thank you.
>> > > >
>> > > > -- 
>> > > > Kbelo
>> > >
>> > > 


0
Graham
5/16/2007 2:44:06 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Slow mail delivery from new Exch 2003 box
I have Exch 2003 installed on my network on a Win2000 server. I've just installed Exch 2003 on a 2003 member server joined to that domain. Now I have two Exch 2003 servers in my Org. I created a test mailbox account on the new Exch 2003 server. Whenever I send email from the test account, it is very slow to arrive (28mins). If I move that mailbox to the old Exch 2003 on the Win2000 server, it arrives to the recipient instantly. If I run the DCDiag & Netdiag tools; Is there anything in particular in need to look for? Please Help anyone! Post some more info on your AD infrastuct...

Message Box Title
Is there a way to Center the Title of a Message Box in Access 2003? Thanks No. -- Ken Snell http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/ "accesshacker" <accesshacker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A383C6B-143C-49D8-ABAC-D705D6A616DB@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to Center the Title of a Message Box in Access 2003? > > Thanks There is a possible kludge with something like: MsgBox("This is a test",vbQuestion+vbYesNo," Centered") It ain't pretty but might work. -- Duane Hook...

Usage Question
Hi, Not sure if this is the proper arena for this post, but.... Have a usage / functional question regarding Outlook, suspect this is a common problem with many... Here is the scenario: 1. Send an email to someone, do NOT copy the email to myself so it just goes in my sent mail. Here are two problems that arise out of this function: 1. If I am awaiting for a response / need a response to that email what is the BEST way to re-tickle myself if in fact a response to that email is not received? At this time I remember manually in some form a flag, task or just plain old memory. 2. Once ...

Date question 01-14-10
Can anyone help with this function: =IF[Date Parts Ordered Completed]+ [Date Part Completed]+[Date Purchasing Completed],not blank,=Date The goal is that is all three fields have a date in them, then put in today's date in the final field. If one of the dates is missing, then the final date is blank. The only problem is if I open up that form I do not want it to change the date to today. I want it to stay the date of the actual completion. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, P-Chu -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Try this -- Completion_...

School question
True or Faled The Table Template is used to automate data entry in a table. We don't typically answer school questions in these newsgroups, but even if we were going to, we generally like the question to be complete and make sense. -Scott "deborah Camp" <deborahCamp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E79CEB83-12AC-4B88-8146-5ACED58279A2@microsoft.com... > True or Faled The Table Template is used to automate data entry in a > table. Scott M. wrote: > > "deborah Camp" <deborahCamp@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

OWA Question #10
Hello, we're running Exchange 2003 and I have the following situation. Several employees in our company decided to start a different branch. Instead of creating a separate domain we just created a new account in AD with a different domain suffix. So let's say they used to have account@companyA.com. But now they have account@companyB.com. They've been able to access email via Outlook just fine but when accessing it via OWA, they are unsuccessful. We've tried logging them in with both companyA.com and companyB.com domains in the login screen. companyA.com just retur...

Selecting Pics in Explorer, then "Send via e-mail" doesn't work...
I'm sure this has been addressed, but I haven't found it in a search. I'm running Outlook 2007 and it worked fine with XP - since I've upgraded to Windows 7, I can't select *any* files in explorer and send them via e-mail. Nothing happens, then I can't get Outlook to start under any circumstance unless I reboot. I need to create a new e-mail, then select the files...and it works fine, but it's a giant PITA. Any help: Sounds like it is caused by a corruption or an incompatible add-in. Which add-ins do you have installed? Tools-> Trust Center-&g...

And introducing... The Default Text Box Add-in!!
Default Text Box for Publisher 2002/2003 allows you to save defaults for text boxes in Publisher 2002 (which before now has been impossible) and to save these defaults for use in future publications (which isn't even possible with Publisher 2003!) Download it now from http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/add-ins.htm Go on, give it a go - it's free! -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm I don't want add-ons for 2002 - I want 2003! "Ed Bennett" <...

Combo Box Problems
I would like to make a combo box in my worksheet do exactly what the Name Box does. When a item in the combo box is selected scroll right or left through the worksheet and find that heading that was selected in the combo box?.....Is there a way to do this? Thanks. On Aug 13, 10:00=A0am, daphoenix <daphoe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I would like to make a combo box in my worksheet do exactly what the Name= Box > does. When a item in the combo box is selected scroll right or left throu= gh > the worksheet and find that heading that was selected in the combo > bo...

Text Boxes
Hi, I am currently using Excel in Office XP. I have created a small 'Text Box', but have a lot of text in it and I do not want to make the 'Text Box' any bigger. Is there any way that I can place 'Scroll Bars' on the 'Text Box' ? Regards Tappie Hi Tappie A textbox from the Controls Toolbox has a Scrollbars property. A textbox from the Drawing toolbar doesn't. HTH. best wishes Harald "Tappie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:2890e01c463ff$f1d86ec0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am currently using ...

ALERT Pop up Box
Hi All I am running a macro that calculates and produces several workbooks for a number of people. What I would like to do is have a pop up box appear on each of their computers just before the macro is ran to ask them to "Get out of their workbooks as the macro is about to be ran". Is this possible? Thnkx Maybe you can add something like this at the start of your code: Dim Resp As Long Resp = MsgBox(Prompt:="Is your workbook closed so the macro can continue", _ Buttons:=vbYesNo) If Resp = vbNo Then Exit Sub End If mellowe wrote: > > Hi Al...

not repeating text boxes in reports with columns
Hello, I am trying to create a report with columns without repeating certain text boxes. Here is an example of what I would like to create: [Date] "Month1" [Date] "Month2" [Date] "Month3" [Product] "Product1": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product2": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product3": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product4": [q...

File Conversion Question
backup.pst Outlook 2003 version Can this be converted to be restored into Outlook 2002? What other possible solutions could be employed? Thank you. denise.ciaralli@bell.ca <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > backup.pst Outlook 2003 version > > Can this be converted to be restored into Outlook 2002? Only by using Outlook 2003 to create a 2002-format PST and then copying or exporting the data to the 2002-format PST. -- Brian Tillman Thank you! >-----Original Message----- >denise.ciaralli@bell.ca <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >...

continous form question
Hi, I have a 'continous form' which gets its data from a table. Im using a form for ease of use by the operator and data is displayed in text boxes. My form has 6 columns and thousands of rows - so many records in the table. (its pretty much like an excel spreadsheet). However, on my form, i have a text box and i want the text box to change to eg VBred, if the time on the current record matches the time on the next record. (obvousley time is one of the pieces of data and displayed as hh:mm) As my form is a continous form, if i add my 'colour' text box to ...

Excel Question: How to Delete All Blank Rows from a worksheet?
Hi, I'm brand new, and that is my question. I just spent 2 hour laboriously mousing along deleting row by row, every other row thinkin there's gotta be a better way. (I could've done it of course if the were adjacent, but they were interspersed with my good data). I'm little behind the times: agile with keystrokes but less so with mous [think I was quicker in Lotus DOS! (actually "TWIN")]. But I do play mean piano -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check out: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteBlankRows "DaveThePianoGuy >...

Updating MS Office 98 for Mac to newer MS Office version & other questions
Hi! I have a Mac iBook with a Power PC G3 Processor, Disk Cache: 4096k, Virtual Memory 129 MB, Built-In Memory 128 MB, Machine Speed 600MHz (so it says in the system profiler...I don't really know what all this means and if someone has an easy explanation, I'd appreciate it). Though it came with OSX, I have been running it on OS 9.2 because I purchased Microsoft Office 98 for Mac (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) back in 1999 for my last Mac (a desktop), so I loaded it onto this iBook when I got it. My question is, can I qualify for an update of MS Office? From browsing the web I noticed ther...

Direction of selection in CRichEditCtrl
I believe that CRichEditCtrl::GetSel() does not relay a key piece of information regarding the current selection, namely the direction of the selection. This function always returns the smaller position first, and the larger position second. I would expect this function to return the larger position first and the smaller position second in the case of the user selecting backwards (from right to left). The reason for my expectations is that CRichEditCtrl::SetSel() does support this scheme for relaying the direction of the selection, unlike CRichEditCtrl::GetSel(). I can put the cursor at the e...

enter value in a cell from a combo box
How to build a combo box to be able to select a value and enter in the cell 1. Go to View > Toolbars > Control Toolbox 2. Click on the "Combobox" icon once and draw one on your worksheet (hold down the ALT button to fit to a cell). 3. Right-click on the Combobox and go to Properties. 4. In the ListFillRange type in the range of cells that contain the values to fill the combobox, like A1:A5. 5. In the LinkedCell field type a cell reference that will contain the user's selection (ie E2). 6. Click on the Exit Design Mode icon and close the toolbar. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA ...

General SOA question
As I was reading SOA Manifiesto, one line got my attention "SOA can be realized through a variety of technologies and standards." as of now, only way I can think of implementing bussiness service at this time which is decoupled and scalable is though web services. This gives cross platform/scalable/maintainable. Is there any other way we can implement services which has the same things? Thanks, I just started working with SOA, and the way I understand it (which is not very thorough at that) is that SOA is basically web services taken to the next level of interoperability (a...

Public Folder Question #4
Is there a way to enumerate all folders and posts (including attachment labels where applicable) and redirect to a text file or CSV in a similar fashion that the DOS tree /F /A command would work? Thanks! ...

Profile question...
One of the small networks I manage had a Win2k DC that crashed. We replaced it with a 2008 SBS & since most of the clients were XP, I was able to join computers to the new domain & copy the profiles from the old location to the new location. That was until I got to the Vista laptop. On this computer, the profile shows as 'Unknown' & the 'copy to' option is grayed out. I am currently copying the contents of the C:\Users\username folder to the C:\Users\user.newdomain folder. Will this be all I need? Is there an easier way? Also, under system properties>u...

database question / feedback needed (GP8
Hello Everybody. We sold one of our companies, and the new owners are moving off Great Plains. They are transferring/rebuilding data in their new software on their own. For historical (GP) data, they have purchased some software to perform queries, and have requested I give them the data. I am planning to send a backup of the SQL Company dbase. They would not have a GP client, and would not be performing transactions - so I believe they really just want to access the various history tables. I prefer not to send the Dynamics dbase if I don't have to (passwords, etc). I guess my ques...

copy data to differences places based on selection
I have a master list of entities name in master name sheets. Let say entity 1 to entitiy 100. If I select Entity 1 to Entity 10, these 1 to 10 entities insert below group1, group2, group 3 in sheet1. It also insert below group4, group5 in sheet2. I don't have preference about how to select the names in master list. Anything like check, or yes is fine to me. I am open to any idea or method. thank you in advance. ...

Cell Reference question
This is probably a simple question, but I have never seen it before. I have been looking at some spredsheets sent by some co-workers, trying to figure out their structure etc... and I have seen some cell references where the reference starts with an =+'sheetname!e2 The + (plus sign) struck me as odd, I can't recall seeing that before. Is there some significance to it? Thanks Tom Believe it's a "legacy" behaviour for die-hard Lotus converts <g> The "+" is not necessary .. -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond in thread xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot&g...

List Box
I am stumped and need some assistance - PLEASE. New to List Boxes. I have created two unbound list boxes on an unbound form to use as criteria for a report. Both list boxes (lboxCategory and lboxSupplier) have two fields CategoryID and Category and SupplierID and Supplier sorting ascending on latter fields. The Multi-Select property is set to Extended. I have a command button cmdPreview that I would like to use to preview the report after selections are made. I will select two or more choices from each list box at a time. Can anyone get me started with the code I need to make this h...