Coding form to change multiple records

I have a form that displays one record displaying information about a piece 
of equipment.  Each similar piece of equipment is marked with a "use order" 
which indicates what order they will be installed on the machine.  When the 
user changes the status from "inventory" to "on machine", I automatically 
change the "user order" on that piece of equipment from 1 to null (since it 
is now installed).  But I also want to change the other equipment that is 
marked 2, 3, 4  to 1, 2, 3 to show that they have moved up in the queue.

I used the AfterUpdate event on the Status field to change the User Order of 
the current record from 1 to null and that works fine.  In the same 
AfterUpdate event, I tried to insert code to create a recordset to find the 
related equipment records and change their Use Orders, but it didn't work and 
the error msg implied that the related records were locked.  The database has 
"edited record" locking so it appears that a page of records, including the 
ones that I want to change, are all locked.  I hesitate to change the 
record-locking since this is a shared database.

Is there a better way to accomplish this?

Thanks
0
Utf
1/28/2008 1:27:02 PM
access.formscoding 7493 articles. 0 followers. Follow

5 Replies
822 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 38

Angela

I'm not sure, based on your description, but it sounds like you have a field
in which you store a [UserOrder] value.

And then you have to come up with a way to alter that ("moved up in the
queue")...

Instead of storing (and "re-calculating") a [UserOrder] number, could you
use a query to "calculate" the sequence?  Is there some other
factor/field/value in addition to the sequence number that Access could use
to sort the remaining items in their proper order?

-- 
Regards

Jeff Boyce
www.InformationFutures.net

Microsoft Office/Access MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor
http://microsoftitacademy.com/


"Angela" <Angela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:C1F2B503-6F8B-458B-82B7-F7288D992880@microsoft.com...
> I have a form that displays one record displaying information about a
piece
> of equipment.  Each similar piece of equipment is marked with a "use
order"
> which indicates what order they will be installed on the machine.  When
the
> user changes the status from "inventory" to "on machine", I automatically
> change the "user order" on that piece of equipment from 1 to null (since
it
> is now installed).  But I also want to change the other equipment that is
> marked 2, 3, 4  to 1, 2, 3 to show that they have moved up in the queue.
>
> I used the AfterUpdate event on the Status field to change the User Order
of
> the current record from 1 to null and that works fine.  In the same
> AfterUpdate event, I tried to insert code to create a recordset to find
the
> related equipment records and change their Use Orders, but it didn't work
and
> the error msg implied that the related records were locked.  The database
has
> "edited record" locking so it appears that a page of records, including
the
> ones that I want to change, are all locked.  I hesitate to change the
> record-locking since this is a shared database.
>
> Is there a better way to accomplish this?
>
> Thanks

0
Jeff
1/28/2008 2:49:05 PM
The "Use Order" is assigned manually by operations personnel and the value 
stored in the table (along with details of each piece of equipment).  The 
equipment being installed is not all identical, and they are used depending 
on what is being made on the machine.  So no, the use order can't be assigned 
any other way.

"Jeff Boyce" wrote:

> Angela
> 
> I'm not sure, based on your description, but it sounds like you have a field
> in which you store a [UserOrder] value.
> 
> And then you have to come up with a way to alter that ("moved up in the
> queue")...
> 
> Instead of storing (and "re-calculating") a [UserOrder] number, could you
> use a query to "calculate" the sequence?  Is there some other
> factor/field/value in addition to the sequence number that Access could use
> to sort the remaining items in their proper order?
> 
> -- 
> Regards
> 
> Jeff Boyce
> www.InformationFutures.net
> 
> Microsoft Office/Access MVP
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> 
> Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor
> http://microsoftitacademy.com/
> 
> 
> "Angela" <Angela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:C1F2B503-6F8B-458B-82B7-F7288D992880@microsoft.com...
> > I have a form that displays one record displaying information about a
> piece
> > of equipment.  Each similar piece of equipment is marked with a "use
> order"
> > which indicates what order they will be installed on the machine.  When
> the
> > user changes the status from "inventory" to "on machine", I automatically
> > change the "user order" on that piece of equipment from 1 to null (since
> it
> > is now installed).  But I also want to change the other equipment that is
> > marked 2, 3, 4  to 1, 2, 3 to show that they have moved up in the queue.
> >
> > I used the AfterUpdate event on the Status field to change the User Order
> of
> > the current record from 1 to null and that works fine.  In the same
> > AfterUpdate event, I tried to insert code to create a recordset to find
> the
> > related equipment records and change their Use Orders, but it didn't work
> and
> > the error msg implied that the related records were locked.  The database
> has
> > "edited record" locking so it appears that a page of records, including
> the
> > ones that I want to change, are all locked.  I hesitate to change the
> > record-locking since this is a shared database.
> >
> > Is there a better way to accomplish this?
> >
> > Thanks
> 
> 
0
Utf
1/28/2008 4:00:03 PM
Angela

Then you'll probably need to come up with a procedure that opens a recordset
of all those "remaining" items and modifies the "sequence" number.

-- 
Regards

Jeff Boyce
www.InformationFutures.net

Microsoft Office/Access MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor
http://microsoftitacademy.com/


"Angela" <Angela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:08FDFC68-6B21-4C14-9870-DF5E284AD21F@microsoft.com...
> The "Use Order" is assigned manually by operations personnel and the value
> stored in the table (along with details of each piece of equipment).  The
> equipment being installed is not all identical, and they are used
depending
> on what is being made on the machine.  So no, the use order can't be
assigned
> any other way.
>
> "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
>
> > Angela
> >
> > I'm not sure, based on your description, but it sounds like you have a
field
> > in which you store a [UserOrder] value.
> >
> > And then you have to come up with a way to alter that ("moved up in the
> > queue")...
> >
> > Instead of storing (and "re-calculating") a [UserOrder] number, could
you
> > use a query to "calculate" the sequence?  Is there some other
> > factor/field/value in addition to the sequence number that Access could
use
> > to sort the remaining items in their proper order?
> >
> > -- 
> > Regards
> >
> > Jeff Boyce
> > www.InformationFutures.net
> >
> > Microsoft Office/Access MVP
> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> >
> > Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor
> > http://microsoftitacademy.com/
> >
> >
> > "Angela" <Angela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:C1F2B503-6F8B-458B-82B7-F7288D992880@microsoft.com...
> > > I have a form that displays one record displaying information about a
> > piece
> > > of equipment.  Each similar piece of equipment is marked with a "use
> > order"
> > > which indicates what order they will be installed on the machine.
When
> > the
> > > user changes the status from "inventory" to "on machine", I
automatically
> > > change the "user order" on that piece of equipment from 1 to null
(since
> > it
> > > is now installed).  But I also want to change the other equipment that
is
> > > marked 2, 3, 4  to 1, 2, 3 to show that they have moved up in the
queue.
> > >
> > > I used the AfterUpdate event on the Status field to change the User
Order
> > of
> > > the current record from 1 to null and that works fine.  In the same
> > > AfterUpdate event, I tried to insert code to create a recordset to
find
> > the
> > > related equipment records and change their Use Orders, but it didn't
work
> > and
> > > the error msg implied that the related records were locked.  The
database
> > has
> > > "edited record" locking so it appears that a page of records,
including
> > the
> > > ones that I want to change, are all locked.  I hesitate to change the
> > > record-locking since this is a shared database.
> > >
> > > Is there a better way to accomplish this?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> >
> >

0
Jeff
1/29/2008 2:35:39 AM
Jeff,
I DID write a procedure for opening a recordset and changing the remaining 
records "use order".  It is triggered by the AfterUpdate event.  However, 
when it runs I get an error that these records are locked.  Presumably this 
is because the record is not yet saved when the AfterUpdate event is 
triggered, so the surrounding records are locked.  (Locked b/c the database 
has edited-record locking, which locks a page of records at a time when one 
is being edited).  This is the problem I am trying to resolve.

I really need these related records modified after the user changes the main 
record, so the afterUpdate event is a good place to trigger this.  But I 
don't know how to get around the record-locking without changing the database 
record-locking to None, and that isn't a good solution b/c this is a shared 
database.  I also tried to forcee the record to Save during the AfterUpdate 
event (using DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acRecordsMenu, acSaveRecord, , 
acMenuVer70) but I get a msg that this menuitem "isn't available now".  If I 
could force the record to save, then I could edit the related records.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Angela

"Jeff Boyce" wrote:

> Angela
> 
> Then you'll probably need to come up with a procedure that opens a recordset
> of all those "remaining" items and modifies the "sequence" number.
> 
> -- 
> Regards
> 
> Jeff Boyce
> www.InformationFutures.net
> 
> Microsoft Office/Access MVP
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> 
> Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor
> http://microsoftitacademy.com/
> 
> 
> "Angela" <Angela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:08FDFC68-6B21-4C14-9870-DF5E284AD21F@microsoft.com...
> > The "Use Order" is assigned manually by operations personnel and the value
> > stored in the table (along with details of each piece of equipment).  The
> > equipment being installed is not all identical, and they are used
> depending
> > on what is being made on the machine.  So no, the use order can't be
> assigned
> > any other way.
> >
> > "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
> >
> > > Angela
> > >
> > > I'm not sure, based on your description, but it sounds like you have a
> field
> > > in which you store a [UserOrder] value.
> > >
> > > And then you have to come up with a way to alter that ("moved up in the
> > > queue")...
> > >
> > > Instead of storing (and "re-calculating") a [UserOrder] number, could
> you
> > > use a query to "calculate" the sequence?  Is there some other
> > > factor/field/value in addition to the sequence number that Access could
> use
> > > to sort the remaining items in their proper order?
> > >
> > > -- 
> > > Regards
> > >
> > > Jeff Boyce
> > > www.InformationFutures.net
> > >
> > > Microsoft Office/Access MVP
> > > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> > >
> > > Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor
> > > http://microsoftitacademy.com/
> > >
> > >
> > > "Angela" <Angela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > news:C1F2B503-6F8B-458B-82B7-F7288D992880@microsoft.com...
> > > > I have a form that displays one record displaying information about a
> > > piece
> > > > of equipment.  Each similar piece of equipment is marked with a "use
> > > order"
> > > > which indicates what order they will be installed on the machine.
> When
> > > the
> > > > user changes the status from "inventory" to "on machine", I
> automatically
> > > > change the "user order" on that piece of equipment from 1 to null
> (since
> > > it
> > > > is now installed).  But I also want to change the other equipment that
> is
> > > > marked 2, 3, 4  to 1, 2, 3 to show that they have moved up in the
> queue.
> > > >
> > > > I used the AfterUpdate event on the Status field to change the User
> Order
> > > of
> > > > the current record from 1 to null and that works fine.  In the same
> > > > AfterUpdate event, I tried to insert code to create a recordset to
> find
> > > the
> > > > related equipment records and change their Use Orders, but it didn't
> work
> > > and
> > > > the error msg implied that the related records were locked.  The
> database
> > > has
> > > > "edited record" locking so it appears that a page of records,
> including
> > > the
> > > > ones that I want to change, are all locked.  I hesitate to change the
> > > > record-locking since this is a shared database.
> > > >
> > > > Is there a better way to accomplish this?
> > > >
> > > > Thanks
> > >
> > >
> 
> 
0
Utf
1/30/2008 1:19:00 PM
Angela

It sounds like you've already worked out the solution.

If the records you need are locked, you'll have to change them when they
aren't.

One possibility, as you've discussed, is to change the record-locking for
the database.  You might want to look into changing it to allow the update,
then changing it back.

Another possibility might be to "collect" the row IDs of all of the rows
that will be affected, then do the updating on that collection after the
page lock is released.

Or maybe (sorry, no experience here) you could explicitly command Access to
release the page lock when you finish the first update.

Good luck!

-- 
Regards

Jeff Boyce
www.InformationFutures.net

Microsoft Office/Access MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor
http://microsoftitacademy.com/

"Angela" <Angela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:8A3B48E6-F85D-4BAB-8F21-0549C8060137@microsoft.com...
> Jeff,
> I DID write a procedure for opening a recordset and changing the remaining
> records "use order".  It is triggered by the AfterUpdate event.  However,
> when it runs I get an error that these records are locked.  Presumably
this
> is because the record is not yet saved when the AfterUpdate event is
> triggered, so the surrounding records are locked.  (Locked b/c the
database
> has edited-record locking, which locks a page of records at a time when
one
> is being edited).  This is the problem I am trying to resolve.
>
> I really need these related records modified after the user changes the
main
> record, so the afterUpdate event is a good place to trigger this.  But I
> don't know how to get around the record-locking without changing the
database
> record-locking to None, and that isn't a good solution b/c this is a
shared
> database.  I also tried to forcee the record to Save during the
AfterUpdate
> event (using DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acRecordsMenu, acSaveRecord, ,
> acMenuVer70) but I get a msg that this menuitem "isn't available now".  If
I
> could force the record to save, then I could edit the related records.
>
> Any help on this would be appreciated.
>
> Angela
>
> "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
>
> > Angela
> >
> > Then you'll probably need to come up with a procedure that opens a
recordset
> > of all those "remaining" items and modifies the "sequence" number.
> >
> > -- 
> > Regards
> >
> > Jeff Boyce
> > www.InformationFutures.net
> >
> > Microsoft Office/Access MVP
> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> >
> > Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor
> > http://microsoftitacademy.com/
> >
> >
> > "Angela" <Angela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:08FDFC68-6B21-4C14-9870-DF5E284AD21F@microsoft.com...
> > > The "Use Order" is assigned manually by operations personnel and the
value
> > > stored in the table (along with details of each piece of equipment).
The
> > > equipment being installed is not all identical, and they are used
> > depending
> > > on what is being made on the machine.  So no, the use order can't be
> > assigned
> > > any other way.
> > >
> > > "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
> > >
> > > > Angela
> > > >
> > > > I'm not sure, based on your description, but it sounds like you have
a
> > field
> > > > in which you store a [UserOrder] value.
> > > >
> > > > And then you have to come up with a way to alter that ("moved up in
the
> > > > queue")...
> > > >
> > > > Instead of storing (and "re-calculating") a [UserOrder] number,
could
> > you
> > > > use a query to "calculate" the sequence?  Is there some other
> > > > factor/field/value in addition to the sequence number that Access
could
> > use
> > > > to sort the remaining items in their proper order?
> > > >
> > > > -- 
> > > > Regards
> > > >
> > > > Jeff Boyce
> > > > www.InformationFutures.net
> > > >
> > > > Microsoft Office/Access MVP
> > > > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> > > >
> > > > Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor
> > > > http://microsoftitacademy.com/
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > "Angela" <Angela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > > news:C1F2B503-6F8B-458B-82B7-F7288D992880@microsoft.com...
> > > > > I have a form that displays one record displaying information
about a
> > > > piece
> > > > > of equipment.  Each similar piece of equipment is marked with a
"use
> > > > order"
> > > > > which indicates what order they will be installed on the machine.
> > When
> > > > the
> > > > > user changes the status from "inventory" to "on machine", I
> > automatically
> > > > > change the "user order" on that piece of equipment from 1 to null
> > (since
> > > > it
> > > > > is now installed).  But I also want to change the other equipment
that
> > is
> > > > > marked 2, 3, 4  to 1, 2, 3 to show that they have moved up in the
> > queue.
> > > > >
> > > > > I used the AfterUpdate event on the Status field to change the
User
> > Order
> > > > of
> > > > > the current record from 1 to null and that works fine.  In the
same
> > > > > AfterUpdate event, I tried to insert code to create a recordset to
> > find
> > > > the
> > > > > related equipment records and change their Use Orders, but it
didn't
> > work
> > > > and
> > > > > the error msg implied that the related records were locked.  The
> > database
> > > > has
> > > > > "edited record" locking so it appears that a page of records,
> > including
> > > > the
> > > > > ones that I want to change, are all locked.  I hesitate to change
the
> > > > > record-locking since this is a shared database.
> > > > >
> > > > > Is there a better way to accomplish this?
> > > > >
> > > > > Thanks
> > > >
> > > >
> >
> >

0
Jeff
1/30/2008 1:57:03 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

coding a UI like Windows media Player in vc++
hi there i am writing an app which involves the management of digital stills and audio, and writing it in vc++6 i will use wmp to play audio, and i may have to write a custom skin just a general qst - what api/sdk is best to use to get that cool ui that microsoft have in wmp - ie, non-regular buttons etc cheers bhu ...

Hiding records on reports by checkbox on form
Hi, I'm in the proccess of buliding a new database. Its purpose is to store various organisation contact details and then to produce reports based on this that can be printed onto sticky labels. This much or basically finished. However, we naturally don't want to print the whole database every time, so I'm using a checkbox on the interface form that will filter the report so that only checked records are prepared for printing. Can anyone tell what code I need to use to do this, and where? I've tried various methods, but nothing seems to work. I'm using accesss 2003 by the w...

Change only size of a thumb (CSliderCtrl)
When I extend size of CSliderCtrl, size of a thumb also grows as same ratio. Is there anyway to change size of thumb independently? i think they are bound together. The only way to do that is, you derive a your own sliderctrl, and do the draw work by yourself. ...

How can I access a public calendar from a custom form
I am trying to create a custom form that would allow a employee to request a vactation time frame. This form would then be mailed to a supervisor who could approve or disapprove the request. I am having difficulty getting the response posted to a public calendar vs. the managers private calendar. Help! -Jeff ...

Best way to design tables for cascading on my form
My company inspects damaged cars for insurance purposes. Up to now, (relating to this issue) I've had tblDamageArea populate a list box on my form where the user can select the various parts of the car that were damaged. I've had this list include parts for multiple kinds of cars and I'd like to make this list cascade to include only those parts relevant to the car type inspected. I've created a tblVehType to separate Sedan, Coupe, 4DoorTruck, SUV, etc. which populates a cbo on my form where the user will select the type which will then be used as the crite...

Record is locked (deadlock was detected)
when trying to run a CM Transaction I get "A get/change next operation on table 'CM_Transaction' deadlock was detected. when I click on more details i am given the following. [microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Transaction (process ID 77) was deadlocked on thread | communication buffer resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Return the transaction. currently I have ensured that no one is logged in. I view the odb.dex_lock table in the tempDB and cleared it. At this point I can run a reconciliation with no errors where I ...

Change IP Address of passive node in CCR
We have a CCR cluster on Windows Server 2008. The cluster is formed over a stretched subnet. Setup is as follows: Node01 - 10.0.31.50 and 10.0.32.50 Node02 - 10.29.1.50 and 10.29.2.50 We need to move Node02 to a new building which involves changing the IP addresses. Anyone got some help or assistance on doing this? Any gotchas to look out for? Appreciate your advice. ...

Outlook replication changes valid email to lastname firstname
CRM 4.0, Outlook 2007, CRM Outlook Online Client with latest Rollup. When some users are sync contact information between Outlook and CRM, sync changes email address firstname.lastname@company.com in CRM to format lastname firstname. Not happen to all users. One reason can be there are also mobile sync between Outlook (Exchange) and mobile phone. But this is also used by many users and only some have problems. It is look like email is populated with Outlook display value, not the real email. Any ideas what setting (and where) is not right? Jukka Majander ...

Code-Completition
Hello, Is there an IDE which hast something like code-completition? eg. If I type Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application") and then: objShell. (point) then all the possible values/methods,props, etc. will be schown? Does anybody knows such an IDE? The VB Express 2k8 doesn't work with VB Scripts. Thomas "Thomas Steinbach" <steinbach@gmx-topmail.de> said this in news item news:hi2d8h$j8s$01$1@news.t-online.com... > Hello, > > Is there an IDE which hast something like code-completition? > eg. If I type > >...

Change subform from a subform
I have a form named frmToday with a subform named frmMyView. The default subform for frmMyView is frmCalls. I change this with a button by using a private Sub routine Forms!frmTODAY!frmMYVIEW.Form.SourceObject = "frmDupes." I have a button on frmDupes with Forms!frmTODAY!frmMYVIEW.Form.SourceObject = "frmCalls" as a Private Sub routine. The intent is to change back to the original setup. It doesn't work. What do I need to do? Thanks! ...

Changing Inventory Item Types #2
In GP7.5, is there any way to change inventory item types once they have been used? Can the item be deleted and then recreated at the end of a year? Are there any utility programs that can do this? In particular, I've got some "sales inventory" items that I want to convert to "kits" and others that need to be "services" We are on 8.0, but I don't think it is possible to change the item type - not even with Professional System Tools. We have changed the item name (via tools) to include the word Discontinued. Then we set up a new item to repl...

Excel VB Code Error
I am trying to create a .csv file from an Excel workbook using a VB module and am wondering if someone can tell me what's wrong with the below code: Public Sub CSV2() Application.DisplayAlerts = False Sheets.Add ActiveSheet.Name = "Temp_10001" For Each ws In Worksheets If ws.Name <> "Temp_10001" Then ws.UsedRange.Copy Sheets("Temp_10001").Range("A1").Activate x = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count If x > 1 Then ActiveCell.Offset(x, 0).Select ActiveCell.PasteSpec...

during install, E2007, Error Code is 1603 (exchangeserver.msi) failed
Installing E2007 on a server to migrate from E2003, the BPA shows no issues, we get no warnings in the setup, but, when it starts to COPY FILES we get the following: Installing product C:\Exchange 2007\exchangeserver.msi failed. Fatal error during installation. Error code is 1603. Last error reported by the MSI package is 'Module D:\Exchange\Bin\ExSMime.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147010895. Contact your support personnel.'. I've copied the media to the C drive (we're installing E2007 on the "D" drive array, and run it from C or the CD/DVD, b...

to extract multiple values from an array
Hi, I am into Image processing industry, for each job we create unique code in excel, we Process 20 jobs in a day, I want to list all the job Code in "summary of the day sheet" that we complete for the particular day . On Dec 30, 4:56=A0am, ratan h <ratha...@nextgenalbums.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I am into Image processing industry, for each job we create unique > code in excel, we Process 20 jobs in a day, I want to list all the job > Code in "summary of the day sheet" that we complete for the particular > day . Not enough info but, assuming you are...

Changing row height in a CListCtrl
Hello, I'm trying to change the row height of a list control by means of a slider. Currently, we're doing that by changing the font height. This works perfectly, except for one thing: The font actually changes as well (d'uh). For the items itself it's not really a huge issue, I'm using custom draw and can set the font height to a "fixed" value. But I can't do that for the headers. Is there perhaps another way to change the row height of a list control, or is changing the font height the only way to do it? Thanks, -- Maarten Kools ___________________...

Refresh pivot chart when info in a cell changes
To all, I am looking for help with a Macro. What I ultimately want to do is refresh a pivot chart when the user makes a selection from a list (in a data validation cell). For example, I am an end user that selects my territory from a "drop down". The pivot chart will update to the information that is directly related to my territory. Thanks in advance for your help. Excel 2007, PivotTable With Table dependent drop-downs instead of data validation drop-downs. With non-event-driven macros. http://www.mediafire.com/file/ygzjqyi2j1x/03_09_10.xlsm ...

Am I able to manage multiple email accounts
I have several email accounts including Gmail, HOtmail and corporate. I can't make Entourage mail (2004) list individual accounts or find how to manage profiles. Apple mail works but doesn't allow me to insert a tiff company logo without making it an attachment. Outlook allows for all of the above.<br> Appreciate help > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3285235088_9822952 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 2/7/08 1...

Converting Eml files to Msg files with code
Hi. Sorry if this question is overly simple. I'm developing an integration project between Exchange and SPS. I read the message on a public folder of Exchange with ADO. I use ADO's stream object and save the message as a file. Created file formatted as .EML file and has .EML extension. We want to read this file in Outlook but it can't open the file. Because of this I need to format this file as .MSG file. I don't need a tool. I should make this process in code. Is there any API or code sample. Thanks in advance. ...

Forms and Reports from CrossTab queries
Hi All, I have read a few postings in this area, but they all seem to be very specific to particular situations. Can someone please guide me towards the best solution to my dilema? I have a form with two list boxes which contain many variables (answers to specific questions from a survey). When two different questions are slected I run a cross tab query resulting in a dymanic result of rows and columns based on the selections. I now want to display the result as a datasheet on my form and in a similar fashion as a report. Any help is, of course, greatly appreciated. Regards, John D...

Hiding a field from a sub form.
I know that this looks easy (and it probably is) but this is what I need to do. I have this code that I can hide a field within the same form ' NI.Visible = Not NB And this works just fine. what I would like to do is Hide a Field from a Sub Form and I am hitting a wall. I tried this, so please tell me where I am brain dead. frmDateEntry!product.visible = not NB Thanks in advance, -- -The Novice Learn Today, Teach Tomorrow Great Success is ones ability to ask for Help. On Fri, 18 May 2007 14:50:00 -0700, TheNovice <TheNovice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know tha...

new to making forms on access
Ok I have a table whihc has column name title and some survey question. Now i want to create a form so that when i select Name ( I guess this will be combo box) I dont know how to do that even where i can select name ? but when i select name the person title auto populates and so does the relevant answers to the questions for example i choose John and the title should auto populate and question 1 should populate also and so on but if i pick adam then everything related to adam populates. Your help will be really appreciated The table look like this Name Title Qu...

is it possible to have datasheet smart tags appear in a form?
is it possible to have datasheet smart tags appear in a form? Thanks ...

Publish Form Changes without restarting IIS?
Is there another way to publish form changes without restarting IIS? We run a 24x7 IT shop and taking down a production system for every change is a pain. thank you. Mike Presumably as you are 24/7 you have multiple CRM servers, so you only need to IISRESET one CRM server at a time, thus users will not notice any loss of service "BWIT" <user1@bwinc.com> wrote in message news:ObSXFVvWFHA.4036@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there another way to publish form changes without restarting IIS? We > run a 24x7 IT shop and taking down a production system for every chang...

How do you change the formatting for envelops in the normal templ.
the envelop paragraph formatting is 1.15 and 10 pt at end - this is not what I want - How do I change it to be single and 0 pts for all documents based on the normal template? Modify (or reset) the Envelope Address style, which by default does not have these characteristics. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "dcluchi" <dcluchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEA62CD4-57AA-4E9F-9D63-3BE505D1FDDD@microsoft.com... > the envelop paragraph formatting is 1.15 and 10 pt at e...

Import Adobe Form into Access for Report
I am trying to import a PDF into Access to use as a report and populate the fields with a query I have created. I can not find any help in getting this to work. Can someone help me? -- Terry Foster Tax Trilogy ...