code to change a form's allows?

I am wondering what the code syntax is to tweak a form's allows?  Allows
deletions? Allows Adds? etc  I know how to do it in the right-clicked form
properties manually, but I need it to be based on conditions.

Reason I need this is because I have one form that all users open.
Depending on their window's username, I have a security table that tells me
what role I want them to have in the database.  Depending on their role, some
users have more rights than others on this form.  I want to adjust the form
to allow additions for some users, but not others.

Me.AllowAdditions = False
Me.AllowDeletions = False
Me.AllowEdits = False

means they can't do anything on the form. This assumes that the code is in
the module associated with the form. You can also use

Forms!NameOfForm.AllowAdditions = False
Forms!NameOfForm.AllowDeletions = False
Forms!NameOfForm.AllowEdits = False

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"worksfire1" <worksfire1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am wondering what the code syntax is to tweak a form's allows?  Allows
> deletions? Allows Adds? etc  I know how to do it in the right-clicked form
> properties manually, but I need it to be based on conditions.
>
> Reason I need this is because I have one form that all users open.
> Depending on their window's username, I have a security table that tells
> me
> what role I want them to have in the database.  Depending on their role,
> some
> users have more rights than others on this form.  I want to adjust the
> form
> to allow additions for some users, but not others.

0
Douglas
11/6/2007 10:52:10 PM
        Me.AllowAdditions = False
        Me.AllowFilters = True
        Me.AllowDeletions = False
        Me.AllowEdits = True
--
Pictou

"worksfire1" wrote:

> I am wondering what the code syntax is to tweak a form's allows?  Allows
> deletions? Allows Adds? etc  I know how to do it in the right-clicked form
> properties manually, but I need it to be based on conditions.
>
> Reason I need this is because I have one form that all users open.
> Depending on their window's username, I have a security table that tells me
> what role I want them to have in the database.  Depending on their role, some
> users have more rights than others on this form.  I want to adjust the form
> to allow additions for some users, but not others.

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Territory Change

chart MAcro to change on activecell

code examples for BITS
Hi, I am looking for sample codes for programming background intelligent transfer service..I was able to see sample code in .NET, but I'm specifically looking for VC++ 6.0 (command-line application).Please help me.. Thanks, NKH ...

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Word2007. Checkbox. No Form

Changing font in Money 2004 register?

Merge code issues with Publisher 2003

Changing language

MS Access 2007 code not running

Picture control on a form
What is the best way to fill a form with a picture control so that when the client window is resized the picture control will fill the form? -- Just Al Take a look at this and see if this is what you want: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/bmpdlg01.asp Tom "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BEA0FA2-3F95-4090-B908-A75DBF1D19DE@microsoft.com... > What is the best way to fill a form with a picture control so that when > the > client window is resized the picture control will fill the form? > -- > Just Al Thank You! -- Just Al &...

Copy and close code
Hi, I have a worksheet which uses an indirect formula to search through a series of files/sheets based on an address to return a value from cell AE20. Once the data has been copied for all the previous days I would like a copy/paste values to occur to replace any of the values returned by the formula. In AU10:AU381 there is a 1 or 0 for each row. 1 meaning that a copy/pastevalues can be performed (decided by if the date is < today), and zero if i need to keep the formulas. Is it possible to have a copy/paste values code for only sheets 2-4 which works when the file is...

Changing the words "Sales Receipt" to "Invoice"
I cannot find how to change the word at the top right of our Sales document to read "Invoice" rather than "Sales Receipt". We bill out as a receivable for most of our goods and there seems to be some confusion with our customers. Thanks in advance for your help. -- Ron Moore Changing Sales Order to Invoice There is a receipt variable called "Transaction.ReceiptTransactionName" (in <SUB name="PrintTransactionType"> of receipt.xml)which returns the "default" name for the transaction based on it's type. You can replace this w...

Disappearing data in sync'd forms

amend a VB code please
hi, is there any chance of someone amending this code to have cell X25 form a list down column K on the 'graphs' sheet, i basically want to duplicate what this code does but add in one more cell, thank you Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() Dim Dest As Range With Sheets("graphs") Set Dest = .Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp) If Range("V17") <> Dest Then _ Dest.Offset(1) = Range("V17") End With End Sub -- thanks ...