cmbo box on subform fills fields on form when chkbx is yes

I have a multi-tabbed form that details bid data ranging from pricing to
contact info to departmental notes. Page two has a subform listing general
contractors to whom we bid. One bid may have 10-15 contractors listed. When a
purchase order is issued from one of these contractors I select a checkbox
indicating that GC. I would like the opening page on this tabbed form to show
the address and contact info for that GC when the checkbox is yes. Is this
possible?

kathrynwoning

On Mar 17, 3:04=A0pm, "kathrynwoning via AccessMonster.com" <u39854@uwe>
wrote:
> indicating that GC. I would like the opening page on this tabbed form to s=
how
> the address and contact info for that GC when the checkbox is yes. Is this=

> possible?

Is the checkbox a field in the underlying database? If so I'd do an
OUTER JOIN between that field and the addresses, and join that
recordset to the form fields on the first tab. For instance, if the
addresses are in tblGC and the contracts with the checkbox in
tblBids...

SELECT c.[address fields] FROM tblGC c JOIN tblBids b ON b.gcId=3Dg.gcId
WHERE b.DidContract=3D1

Then make a subform displaying the address fields, bind this query to
it, and then wire up the subform to join on the bid Id.

Maury
0
Maury
3/17/2008 7:50:20 PM
???

SELECT qryGenContractors.gcID, qryGenContractors.gcName, qryGenContractors.
gcBusCity, qryGenContractors.linkContractorID, qryGenContractors.linkBidId,
qryGenContractors.linkBidAccepted, qryGenContractors.linkPOreceived,
qryGenContractors.linkAuthorizedBy, qryGenContractors.linkLowBid,
qryGenContractors.linkLBreceived, qryGenContractors.linkLBAuthorizedBy
FROM qryGenContractors; JOIN tblGC ON gcID=linkBidID WHERE qryGenContractors.
linkPOreceived=1

Maury Markowitz wrote:
>On Mar 17, 3:04 pm, "kathrynwoning via AccessMonster.com" <u39854@uwe>
>wrote:
>> indicating that GC. I would like the opening page on this tabbed form to show
>> the address and contact info for that GC when the checkbox is yes. Is this
>> possible?
>
>Is the checkbox a field in the underlying database? If so I'd do an
>OUTER JOIN between that field and the addresses, and join that
>recordset to the form fields on the first tab. For instance, if the
>addresses are in tblGC and the contracts with the checkbox in
>tblBids...
>
>SELECT c.[address fields] FROM tblGC c JOIN tblBids b ON b.gcId=g.gcId
>WHERE b.DidContract=1
>
>Then make a subform displaying the address fields, bind this query to
>it, and then wire up the subform to join on the bid Id.
>
>Maury

kathrynwoning

Sub Form Combo Box
I don't understand why this code does not work. When the user enters a date in a text box the subform combo box (CA_NAME) should only show two choices. But nothing happens, no error, nothing.. Help please.... Private Sub TR_ACKNOWLTR_GotFocus() If Me.TR_ACKNOWLTR <> " " Then Me!frmCaseLog!CA_NAME.RowSource = "Select * from tblCommitteeName where [C_Committee] = 'AG'or 'AL'" End If End Sub "Dan @BCBS" <DanBCBS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6A659C4-1110-449F-91F5-23FD17A41014@microsoft.com... >I...

Adding information from a form into a table
After data is entered into a form how can I add it to an existing table? If it's a bound form (the norm), you don't have to do anything. Forms are intended to be "windows" to tables. A bound form will automatically write its data to the table when the current row loses focus. If it's an unbound form, you have to add the data yourself, either using a SQL INSERT INTO statement, or using VBA and a recordset. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "carrie" <carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Result of crosstab query in form
Hi. In Access 2007 I'm trying to display the result of a crosstab query in a (continuous) form. In the Form_Open event I fill the label Caption and text control ControlSource with the field names from the query. But when I open the form the text controls display the #Name? error. Even when I fill the control sources with the correct field names (selected from the list) I get the message the name is not in the list... What is the solution? Thanks in advance, Ronald. Ronald wrote: >In Access 2007 I'm trying to display the result of a crosstab query in a >...

Phone field should allow for 5 digit extension number.
Many companies, including Microsoft, have 5 digit extensions for their phone numbers. i.e xxx-xxx-xxxx ext. xxxxx Dynamics is limited to 4. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/...

display selection in form
Hi, In a form I display products. One of the fields in the records is "supplier". Beneath this field I placed a commandbutton "details". Clicking this button shows details of the supplier. These details are stored in a query called "supplierinfo". I built a form "frm SuppInfo"that displays the info of this query. How can I display only the matching record of "supplierinfo" Example: the value of "supplier" in the form products is "Johnson". Clicking the commandbutton must display the record in the query where the val...

assigning a null value of a date field to a date variable
Hi, At some point in the execution of my program I open a dialog box were the user is supposed to enter some info. Among other things he is asked to enter a date in a textbox, but this is optional. When I try to assign this date to a date variable I get the message “Invalid use of null” in the case the user has not filled in any date. If I use the Nz function, a value of 0 is assigned to the date and this later shows as December 30 1899 which I don’t want. How can I deal with this situation? Thanks in advance, George You cannot assign the Null value to a VBA variable of type Date. ...

data validation fonts differ in drop down box
I am using Excel 2003. I have a group of cells with a data validation "list". That list contains 3 options -- check mark, "X", and "box" -- in Webdings. When you click the drop down box to make a selection the options are in alpha-numeric characters (Arial font(?)) and not Webdings. So my "check mark" becomes an "a" and my "X" becomes an "r". How can I get the drop down box to display the same font as the one in the list? Both the drop down box cells and the "list" cells are formatted with the...

Using Bound Form and controls to inquire and update with other requirements
Most of the stuff I have done in Access mainly dealt with unbound forms due to the fact that I have issues with how error checking is done. It's been a long while since I have worked with Access and now having to get back into it, but only this time with bound forms and controls. I am still needing to use my custom error checking code to get around the fact that without such code, when doing data validation on individual controls (when moving from one control to another) as opposed to doing data validation on the whole form (moving from one record to another record), data validati...

using check boxes in excel
how do i simplfy size and centering of check boxes on multiple columns? Hi Tommy, Something like this may get you going. Used macro recorder and then tweaked the code. Sub BoxesAway() Dim i As Integer Dim j As Integer Dim k As Integer j = 1.5 k = 1 For i = 1 To 5 ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes.Add(j, 10.25, 24, 17.25).Select Selection.ShapeRange.ScaleWidth 1.91, msoFalse, msoScaleFromTopLeft Selection.Characters.Text = "Howard" & k j = j + 48 k = k + 1 Next Range("A1").Select End Sub HTH Regards, Howard "Tommy" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

Replace Option Group Value from form with text in report header
Hi all, Question: How can I convert the numerical option group value from a form to a string value and place it in the control source of a textbox in a report header? I have a form used to 'build' reports: users choose a query, a report, and then the rest of the controls on the form are used to build a 'where' clause for the DoCmd.OpenReports statement attached to a command button which opens the report based on all the user's choices. I've tried creating a variable on the report in the declarations area and then using a select case statement in the 'open&...

Date Fields 01-22-08
Thanks to all the advice I have received but I seriously need more help (in more ways than one). The crux of the problem is that I need to insert a date into ClockStarts field and have access display another date into TargetDate field (plus 20 days but excluding Sat/Sun and holidays) If someone could give me the code to do this I would be forever in your debt. Thanks =Now() (if you want a date AND time value) =Date() (if you want date only) -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Ment...

startup dialog box
I would like to create a startup dialog box that users can read, and then check a box that would prevent it from showing every other time they open the database. Basically, I want it to be a kind of "First time use, get to know the database" dialog box that they can read the first time they open the database, and then if they don't want to read it each time, they can check a box and it goes away everyother time they open the database. How would I go about doing that? I read a post that will create the dialog box, but I don't know about adding the check box. On Tue,...

Enlarged Input Box and today's date input
I have a sheet that I want a salesperson to record daily notes with a client. When they click on the cell I want a flyout type box (or enlarged box) that can scroll up and down to see past notes. I would like the lines to be entered bottom up so the last entry will be the one that shows in the cell when the cell is not selected. I would like the input line to automatically have today's date in the beginning and the cursor be next to that so an entry can be typed in. I hope this isn't too big a request! Thanks! Steve You may want to look at Data|Form to see if that does what...

Repeat data from previous records in a form
I am creating a a form for data entry and want to know if there is a way to repeat data in fields from the previous record (or default to previous record). For example, I user has 100 entries - I would like to set up the form so they do not have to enter their ID each time they enter a record. When you hold the ctrl key and click the apostrophe key ' access copies the contents of the same field from the previous record. This assumes that the new record immediately follows the old record so you may have to sort the source table and requery it after each time a new record is inserted...

how to use ado to check a field is nullallowable(SQL Server)?
I use ado to operate a database in SQLServer 2k.On the occasion that addnew NULL value to a field not nullallowable, an exception will be thrown.So I need to check whether the field is nullallowable or not before addnew. my question is how to check a field is nullallowable. thanks! best regards, kywoo Get the Field object, check its attribute by (Field::GetAttributes or maybe Field::get_Attributes) the attribute "adFldIsNullable" is what you want. "kywoo" <kywoo@tongji.edu.cn> wrote in message news:%23bcHqYvhDHA.2512@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I use ado to opera...

Filter a List Box Using a Combo Box
I have a dialog box that contains a list box of all my records; basically this is used as a way for a person to find/edit a previously-entered record (select from list box and click to edit/view). The list box is based on a simple query. I want to add a combo box that will allow me to filter the list box by one of the fields - so the user could select what type of record he/she would like to see, and the list box would automatically filter. I know I need an After Update event on the combo box, but I can't figure out the code. The complicating factor is that there are other filter...

Filtering a combo box
I have a spreadsheet with 2 combo boxes. The first box calls from a list of 5 items. The second box calls from a list of 50, and they are related to combo box 1. How do I filter combo box 2 so that only items related to combo box 1 show in the list? These combo boxes will be copied down the page for multiple selections. Is this possible and if so how ? .....Thanks Hi Steve, I don't know if you're committed to a combo box or not. If not you might consider using data validation, which will probably work much faster than a combo box. Debra Dalgleish has an excellent websi...

Forms Drop down list
I created a form that works from a table. From the form you can enter information and it will put it into the table. I would like to create a field in the form where the user can selects what to be inputed from a drop downlist. how would I do that? You need to first create another table which contains the values you want to list, each as a separate row in the table. If the values to be looked up are unique, then the 'referenced' table and the 'referencing' table can have the same column, e.g. a States table could have a State column, and the referencing table, e.g. a ...

Combo Box Sorting Problem
Hello experts, My report deals with data for wells. I have a combo box where the user will choose the name of the well, then it will display the appropriate report. It works great. However, the list in teh combo box shows as follows: paramount 1 denver Atlas Bailey 1 Bailey 5 Bell 10 Bell 12 Bell 14 Bell 17 Bell 2 Bell 5 Bell 6 Borie 1 BELMOT 1 BELMOT 12 BELMOT 2 BELMOT 3 Obviously, the issues are: upper/lower case not consistent; the numbers next to names are not sorted properly. Is there a code that would allow no case sensitivity and sort names with numbers appropriately? I a...

How do I develop an employment agreement form
Need assistance in developing an employment agreement form Specifically what kind of help are you looking for? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Quirky" <Quirky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:016FABD1-D4CC-422C-B4ED-A52D52C1E44F@microsoft.com... > Need assistance in developing an employment agreement form ...

default combo box value based on most recent record
Hi, I'm working on a database for financial planning. A client could have many plans written over time and it would be best if the same plan writer prepared them. How would I get the Plan Writer combo box value to default to be the same as last time for a particular client. I don't want to simply assign a plan writer to a client, thats not very flexible. My database has a Plan table with lookups for Client and PlanWriter. The Plan table is used as the record source for a form. So, if the most recent record for Fred Flintstone has Barney Rubble listed as the Plan Writer, the next ...

Hiding forms
Hi, Is any anyway to hide all the forms in a database which is much like the hidden tables as show below. Set db = CurrentDb For i = db.TableDefs.Count - 1 To 0 Step -1 db.TableDefs(i).Properties("Attributes").Value = dbHiddenObject Next Thanks This code snippet loops through the AllForms collection and sets the Hidden attribute to True. Dim lngLoop As Long For lngLoop = 0 To Application.CurrentProject.AllForms.Count - 1 Application.SetHiddenAttribute acForm, _ Application.CurrentProject.AllForms(lngLoop).Name, True Next lngLoop To reverse the process: Di...

Adding Recurrence Field to Tasks
Using Outlook 2003 I have my list of tasks for my department grouped by category. The fields I have visible are Subject, Status, Due Date & Start Date. I want to add a column for "Recurrence." I want to be able to see if the recurrence is (for example) monthly, weekly or annually. I don't need to know if it's the first Monday of every month, just that it's monthly. I went into the field chooser and I cannot find a field that would accomplish this. Can this be done? There is a recurring field, but that just lets me know if the task IS recurring, not when...

How to..use worksheet form and save data to an Excel list
I'm using Excel 2003. Is is possible to create a worksheet form where the user enters data, saves the data and the data is then saved to the last row in an Excel list? Once the data is saved by the end user, I would like the form to refresh so that the end user can continue entering additional data. Does anyone know of any documentation or examples I could review regarding the above as I have never done this before? TIA. Maybe just Data|Form would be sufficient. If that doesn't fit your needs, look at John Walkenbach's enhanced data form: http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform...

"xxx not closed properly" dialog boxes
I have used Outlook for years, and have lately run into something I've not seen before. I use a lot of .pst files in my folder set, and when I open Outlook, I now get this message: The data file XXXX was not closed properly. This file is being checked for problems. <progress bar, slow scan from 30 sec to 8 min> The only problem with this is that: 1 - in the past, I never got this message, no matter HOW abruptly I shut down Outlook or windows; 2 - even when I shut down Outlook and Windows correctly, I get the message It doesn't occur every time, but when it does I can los...