Close a form when it loses focus

Hello All

Is it possible to make a form close as soon as the user clicks elsewhere on
the screen? The form in question is a trivial popup form that is best shown
in datasheet view, so I can't add a button. I know the user could close it
with the 'X' in the top-right corner, but for other reasons it would be much
better if I could force it to close as soon as they click elsewhere. I have
tried adding the following OnLostFocus event to the form, but nothing
happened!

DoCmd.Close acForm, "[frm contacts]", acSaveYes

Second question (or does this need to be in a separate post?): when I open
[frm contacts] via a button on another form, I can't then go into [frm
contacts]'s design view: doing right-click on it just brings up options to
Move, Size, Minimise, Maximise and Close. If I open [frm contacts] from the
main database window right-click does bring up the expected options (Design
view, etc.). What's going on?

Hope someone can help.
Thanks
Les

0
PayeDoc

You could put this code
DoCmd.Close acForm, "[frm contacts]", acSaveYes
..... on the Activate event of the other forms that will be open and visible
at the same time that the popup is open.

In A2007, you can go Alt+V+D to put a form in normal view into design view.
This will not work in A2003.

"PayeDoc" <enquiries@gppayroll.org.uk> wrote in message
> Hello All
>
> Is it possible to make a form close as soon as the user clicks elsewhere
> on
> the screen? The form in question is a trivial popup form that is best
> shown
> in datasheet view, so I can't add a button. I know the user could close it
> with the 'X' in the top-right corner, but for other reasons it would be
> much
> better if I could force it to close as soon as they click elsewhere. I
> have
> tried adding the following OnLostFocus event to the form, but nothing
> happened!
>
> DoCmd.Close acForm, "[frm contacts]", acSaveYes
>
> Second question (or does this need to be in a separate post?): when I open
> [frm contacts] via a button on another form, I can't then go into [frm
> contacts]'s design view: doing right-click on it just brings up options to
> Move, Size, Minimise, Maximise and Close. If I open [frm contacts] from
> the
> main database window right-click does bring up the expected options
> (Design
> view, etc.). What's going on?
>
> Hope someone can help.
> Thanks
> Les

0
Jeanette
4/28/2010 11:08:08 AM
Hello Jeanette

Many thanks for your reply, and for your suggestion to use the Activate
event of the other forms: I wil try that and report back if there are any
problems.

I am using A2K, so obviously Alt+V+D is no good here: but why am I prevented
from opening the form in design view using the normal right-click option -
this works for other forms I have?

Thanks again for your help.
Les

"Jeanette Cunningham" <nnn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You could put this code
> DoCmd.Close acForm, "[frm contacts]", acSaveYes
> .... on the Activate event of the other forms that will be open and
visible
> at the same time that the popup is open.
>

> In A2007, you can go Alt+V+D to put a form in normal view into design
view.
> This will not work in A2003.
>

> Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia
>

> "PayeDoc" <enquiries@gppayroll.org.uk> wrote in message
> > Hello All
> >
> > Is it possible to make a form close as soon as the user clicks elsewhere
> > on
> > the screen? The form in question is a trivial popup form that is best
> > shown
> > in datasheet view, so I can't add a button. I know the user could close
it
> > with the 'X' in the top-right corner, but for other reasons it would be
> > much
> > better if I could force it to close as soon as they click elsewhere. I
> > have
> > tried adding the following OnLostFocus event to the form, but nothing
> > happened!
> >
> > DoCmd.Close acForm, "[frm contacts]", acSaveYes
> >
> > Second question (or does this need to be in a separate post?): when I
open
> > [frm contacts] via a button on another form, I can't then go into [frm
> > contacts]'s design view: doing right-click on it just brings up options
> > Move, Size, Minimise, Maximise and Close. If I open [frm contacts] from
> > the
> > main database window right-click does bring up the expected options
> > (Design
> > view, etc.). What's going on?
> >
> > Hope someone can help.
> > Thanks
> > Les

0
PayeDoc
4/28/2010 12:07:18 PM
I haven't tested this, but I would expect it to work.  Simply put the
DoCmd.Close code in the Deactivate event of the form that it applies to.

HTH,

Rob

"PayeDoc" <enquiries@gppayroll.org.uk> wrote in message
> Hello All
>
> Is it possible to make a form close as soon as the user clicks elsewhere
> on
> the screen? The form in question is a trivial popup form that is best
> shown
> in datasheet view, so I can't add a button. I know the user could close it
> with the 'X' in the top-right corner, but for other reasons it would be
> much
> better if I could force it to close as soon as they click elsewhere. I
> have
> tried adding the following OnLostFocus event to the form, but nothing
> happened!
>
> DoCmd.Close acForm, "[frm contacts]", acSaveYes
>
> Second question (or does this need to be in a separate post?): when I open
> [frm contacts] via a button on another form, I can't then go into [frm
> contacts]'s design view: doing right-click on it just brings up options to
> Move, Size, Minimise, Maximise and Close. If I open [frm contacts] from
> the
> main database window right-click does bring up the expected options
> (Design
> view, etc.). What's going on?
>
> Hope someone can help.
> Thanks
> Les

0
Rob
4/28/2010 12:50:54 PM
Following up my own post ...

There's also the form's LostFocus event - which is probably the better
choice ;-)

Rob

"Rob Parker" <NOSPAMrobpparker@optusnet.com.au.FORME> wrote in message
>I haven't tested this, but I would expect it to work.  Simply put the
>DoCmd.Close code in the Deactivate event of the form that it applies to.
>
> HTH,
>
> Rob
>

> "PayeDoc" <enquiries@gppayroll.org.uk> wrote in message
>> Hello All
>>
>> Is it possible to make a form close as soon as the user clicks elsewhere
>> on
>> the screen? The form in question is a trivial popup form that is best
>> shown
>> in datasheet view, so I can't add a button. I know the user could close
>> it
>> with the 'X' in the top-right corner, but for other reasons it would be
>> much
>> better if I could force it to close as soon as they click elsewhere. I
>> have
>> tried adding the following OnLostFocus event to the form, but nothing
>> happened!
>>
>> DoCmd.Close acForm, "[frm contacts]", acSaveYes
>>
>> Second question (or does this need to be in a separate post?): when I
>> open
>> [frm contacts] via a button on another form, I can't then go into [frm
>> contacts]'s design view: doing right-click on it just brings up options
>> Move, Size, Minimise, Maximise and Close. If I open [frm contacts] from
>> the
>> main database window right-click does bring up the expected options
>> (Design
>> view, etc.). What's going on?
>>
>> Hope someone can help.
>> Thanks
>> Les

0
Rob
4/28/2010 12:56:24 PM
Hi Rob

Many thanks for your suggestions. In fact I had tried using the OnLostFocus
event (see my original post), but this didn't work. I will try the
Deactivate event!

Thanks again
Les

> Following up my own post ...
>
> There's also the form's LostFocus event - which is probably the better
> choice ;-)
>
> Rob
>

> "Rob Parker" <NOSPAMrobpparker@optusnet.com.au.FORME> wrote in message
> >I haven't tested this, but I would expect it to work.  Simply put the
> >DoCmd.Close code in the Deactivate event of the form that it applies to.
> >
> > HTH,
> >
> > Rob
> >

> > "PayeDoc" <enquiries@gppayroll.org.uk> wrote in message
> >> Hello All
> >>
> >> Is it possible to make a form close as soon as the user clicks
elsewhere
> >> on
> >> the screen? The form in question is a trivial popup form that is best
> >> shown
> >> in datasheet view, so I can't add a button. I know the user could close
> >> it
> >> with the 'X' in the top-right corner, but for other reasons it would be
> >> much
> >> better if I could force it to close as soon as they click elsewhere. I
> >> have
> >> tried adding the following OnLostFocus event to the form, but nothing
> >> happened!
> >>
> >> DoCmd.Close acForm, "[frm contacts]", acSaveYes
> >>
> >> Second question (or does this need to be in a separate post?): when I
> >> open
> >> [frm contacts] via a button on another form, I can't then go into [frm
> >> contacts]'s design view: doing right-click on it just brings up options
> >> Move, Size, Minimise, Maximise and Close. If I open [frm contacts] from
> >> the
> >> main database window right-click does bring up the expected options
> >> (Design
> >> view, etc.). What's going on?
> >>
> >> Hope someone can help.
> >> Thanks
> >> Les

0
PayeDoc
4/28/2010 3:10:17 PM
> Hi Rob
>
> Many thanks for your suggestions. In fact I had tried using the
> OnLostFocus
> event (see my original post), but this didn't work. I will try the
> Deactivate event!

A form's GotFocus and LostFocus events only fire if there are no controls on
the form that can receive the focus.  Otherwise, a control gets/loses the
focus, not the form itself.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk
4/28/2010 3:26:43 PM

> Hello Jeanette
>
> Many thanks for your reply, and for your suggestion to use the
> Activate event of the other forms: I wil try that and report back
> if there are any problems.
>
> I am using A2K, so obviously Alt+V+D is no good here: but why am I
> prevented from opening the form in design view using the normal
> right-click option - this works for other forms I have?
>
> Thanks again for your help.
> Les

Does your form have the Popup or Dialog property set to yes? or does
the code that opens the form set the Popup or Dialog property when it
opens the form?

That can cause the issue you describe.

Bob

> "Jeanette Cunningham" <nnn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:edVqaMs5KHA.5808@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> You could put this code
>> DoCmd.Close acForm, "[frm contacts]", acSaveYes
>> .... on the Activate event of the other forms that will be open
>> and
> visible
>> at the same time that the popup is open.
>>

>> In A2007, you can go Alt+V+D to put a form in normal view into
>> design
> view.
>> This will not work in A2003.
>>

>> Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia
>>

>> "PayeDoc" <enquiries@gppayroll.org.uk> wrote in message
>> > Hello All
>> >
>> > Is it possible to make a form close as soon as the user clicks
>> > elsewhere on
>> > the screen? The form in question is a trivial popup form that
>> > is best shown
>> > in datasheet view, so I can't add a button. I know the user
>> > could close
> it
>> > with the 'X' in the top-right corner, but for other reasons it
>> > would be much
>> > better if I could force it to close as soon as they click
>> > elsewhere. I have
>> > tried adding the following OnLostFocus event to the form, but
>> > nothing happened!
>> >
>> > DoCmd.Close acForm, "[frm contacts]", acSaveYes
>> >
>> > Second question (or does this need to be in a separate post?):
>> > when I
> open
>> > [frm contacts] via a button on another form, I can't then go
>> > into [frm contacts]'s design view: doing right-click on it just
>> > brings up options
>> > Move, Size, Minimise, Maximise and Close. If I open [frm
>> > contacts] from the
>> > main database window right-click does bring up the expected
>> > options (Design
>> > view, etc.). What's going on?
>> >
>> > Hope someone can help.
>> > Thanks
>> > Les

0
Bob
4/28/2010 9:35:43 PM
Hello Bob

Many thanks for your reply.

The form does have 'popup' set to yes, but I have other such forms where
right-click does bring up the Design view, etc., options.

What else can it be?

Thanks again
Les

"Bob Quintal" <rquintal@sPAmpatico.ca> wrote in message
> "PayeDoc" <enquiries@gppayroll.org.uk> wrote in
>
> > Hello Jeanette
> >
> > Many thanks for your reply, and for your suggestion to use the
> > Activate event of the other forms: I wil try that and report back
> > if there are any problems.
> >
> > I am using A2K, so obviously Alt+V+D is no good here: but why am I
> > prevented from opening the form in design view using the normal
> > right-click option - this works for other forms I have?
> >
> > Thanks again for your help.
> > Les
> >
> Does your form have the Popup or Dialog property set to yes? or does
> the code that opens the form set the Popup or Dialog property when it
> opens the form?
>
> That can cause the issue you describe.
>
> Bob
>

> > "Jeanette Cunningham" <nnn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message news:edVqaMs5KHA.5808@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> >> You could put this code
> >> DoCmd.Close acForm, "[frm contacts]", acSaveYes
> >> .... on the Activate event of the other forms that will be open
> >> and
> > visible
> >> at the same time that the popup is open.
> >>

> >> In A2007, you can go Alt+V+D to put a form in normal view into
> >> design
> > view.
> >> This will not work in A2003.
> >>

> >> Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia
> >>

> >> "PayeDoc" <enquiries@gppayroll.org.uk> wrote in message

> > it

> > open

0
PayeDoc
4/29/2010 11:26:54 AM
Hello Dirk

I didn't know that!!

Many thanks
Les

"Dirk Goldgar" <dg@NOdataSPAMgnostics.com.invalid> wrote in message
> "PayeDoc" <enquiries@gppayroll.org.uk> wrote in message
> > Hi Rob
> >
> > Many thanks for your suggestions. In fact I had tried using the
> > OnLostFocus
> > event (see my original post), but this didn't work. I will try the
> > Deactivate event!
>

> A form's GotFocus and LostFocus events only fire if there are no controls
on
> the form that can receive the focus.  Otherwise, a control gets/loses the
> focus, not the form itself.
>
> --
> Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
> Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html
>
> (please reply to the newsgroup)

0
PayeDoc
4/29/2010 11:27:44 AM

> Hello Bob
>
> Many thanks for your reply.
>
> The form does have 'popup' set to yes, but I have other such forms
> where right-click does bring up the Design view, etc., options.
>
> What else can it be?

What about the 'modal' property?
How is the form being opened? could there be a setting of modal
there?
What is in the 'menubar' and 'toolbar' properties of this form?

Bob

> Thanks again
> Les
>

> "Bob Quintal" <rquintal@sPAmpatico.ca> wrote in message
>> "PayeDoc" <enquiries@gppayroll.org.uk> wrote in
>>
>> > Hello Jeanette
>> >
>> > Many thanks for your reply, and for your suggestion to use the
>> > Activate event of the other forms: I wil try that and report
>> > back if there are any problems.
>> >
>> > I am using A2K, so obviously Alt+V+D is no good here: but why
>> > am I prevented from opening the form in design view using the
>> > normal right-click option - this works for other forms I have?
>> >
>> > Thanks again for your help.
>> > Les
>> >
>> Does your form have the Popup or Dialog property set to yes? or
>> does the code that opens the form set the Popup or Dialog
>> property when it opens the form?
>>
>> That can cause the issue you describe.
>>
>> Bob
>>

>> > "Jeanette Cunningham" <nnn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> > message news:edVqaMs5KHA.5808@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> > visible

>> > view.

>> > it

>> > open

0
Bob
4/29/2010 10:09:02 PM
Hello Bob

Thanks for your further reply.
'Modal' is also set to No!
I think I've sussed it though: the form was opening in datasheet view - when
I open it in form view, right-click gives the expected options!!

> "PayeDoc" <enquiries@gppayroll.org.uk> wrote in
>
> > Hello Bob
> >
> > Many thanks for your reply.
> >
> > The form does have 'popup' set to yes, but I have other such forms
> > where right-click does bring up the Design view, etc., options.
> >
> > What else can it be?
>
> What about the 'modal' property?
> How is the form being opened? could there be a setting of modal
> there?
> What is in the 'menubar' and 'toolbar' properties of this form?
>
> Bob
>

> > Thanks again
> > Les
> >

> > "Bob Quintal" <rquintal@sPAmpatico.ca> wrote in message
> >> "PayeDoc" <enquiries@gppayroll.org.uk> wrote in

> >> Does your form have the Popup or Dialog property set to yes? or
> >> does the code that opens the form set the Popup or Dialog
> >> property when it opens the form?
> >>
> >> That can cause the issue you describe.
> >>
> >> Bob

0
PayeDoc

Table to feed form instead of lenghty code?
Hello, I a database that is kind of like an Auction type deal. If a user enters their user ID and click the button, it will automatically display their chosen private ID (or Auction ID). What I want to know is, I have 80 people in my department and the code (only way I know how to do it) will become very long. Can I set up a table with the User ID and Private ID and when the button is clicked, have it read from the table and display the Private ID that way? Below is how I am going to do it if no alternative. Private Sub cmdStatusUpdate_Click() Me.NewBid.Locked = False ...

Year-end Close
I have just joined a company, and need to run a year-end process so that the balances get carried forward into the new financial year. Does anyone know which buttons to push? Thank you. Adrian, Take a look at the following KB article: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;888003. It will go through the GL year end closing process step by step and give you a lot of additional information. To access this and other GP knowledgebase articles you will need access to CustomerSource - if you don't already have it, someone in your company or your GP Part...

Year End Close #2
It would be realatively easy to print Financial Statements for a new year before closing the prior year. Every GL account has the account type, Bal. Sheet Account or Profit & Loss Account. In the first period of the new year, any trx for a Bal Sheet account, prior to the year end date, would be "rolled forward" into a BBF and inlcuded in the trial balance, TB Worksheet, or Financial Statement. Any P&L type account dated prior to the year end date, would be included in the BBF in the Retained Earnings Account. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, ...

Excel 2003 Not Closing
Iam evaluating Office Professional 2003. All seems fine, apart from Excel, which will not close! It will open files, and I can close the files, re-open them, save them etc., but I Cannot exit the program itself, which is somewhat annoying! ...

Article on showing Windows style error on MS Access Form
I am building an application with several forms. In the BeforeUpdate event for the form, I will run some data validation routines. If there is an error, I would like to display an error control next to each field containing an error (the exclamation point). The user can then hover over the error control and get an explanation of the error. This is similar to how a normal windows application works. Some time ago, I can recall seeing an article that described the exact technique that I want to use, but I can't find it now. Could someone please point me to the article? Many thanks! ...

Workstations lose connection to SBS 2003 overnight
If a user leaves his workstation on overnight the following morning he must log off and log back on to reestablish his connections to the SBS 2003 server The computer used by the operator (that runs 24/7) does not have to reconnect at night. ADUP > User > Sessions setting are below: End a disconnected session = Never Active session limit = Never Idle session limit = Never When a session limit or connection is broken = Disconnect from session (not "End session) Allow reconnection = From any client The workstations are XP Pro SP3. What am I missing that would ma...

2003 Form fields losing formatting in 2007
Hi there, I have some forms, created in Word 2003, which when opened as a .docx, all form fields revert to Times New Roman font but if they are opened as a .doc, they are in the correct font of Arial. Anyone got any ideas why and how I can fix this? Thanks very much. This doesn't make any sense. Documents always open in the format in which they are saved. What *exactly* are you doing? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com ...

Resizing bitmap without losing quality (or a method to redraw the bitmap)
I have a 2d real time oscilloscope (a bitmap created with CDC CreateCompatibleDc and so on...). I need to resize to a bigger image and back to original size when the user click one of two button (like a zoom). I have tried with StretchBlt, but the image is very poor in quality. I can create a new bitmap of the desired size for perfect quality, but in this way a lose the graph that is displayed on first bitmap. Is it possible to resize the bitmap wihout losing too much or do something that allow me not to lose the 2d graph drawed on it? roby.schwarz@libero.it wrote: > I have a 2d real tim...

greyed out close button
I have Excel 2002 and cannot figure out why the close button is greye out. Can anyone tell me how to active this button. thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com I have a greyed out close button and a co-worker has a greyed out minimize button. If you find out what to do please let me know. Thanks >-----Original Message----- > >I have Excel 2002 and cannot figure out why the close button is greyed >out. Can anyone tell me how to active this...

how do you keep a column in date form
i'm making a spreedsheet in office excel, in column A I have a list of dates. I would type in 4/5 for an date and excel would automatic change the date to 4-Apr. I like this way, but when I got to cell 26, the change will not happen. I type in 4/5 and I get just the number 1 in the cell, for the rest of the cells down, can someone help me. Copy the cell that has the format you like and paste format it to the cells that you want to have the date format. "s2m2" <s2m2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F350F90F-24B9-4B79-BE39-20AB0414015D@microsoft.com......

Printing a single form which has tabs
Hello I have created a form in which I am inputting survey data. There are 5 tab pages in this form. I want to print all 5 tabbed pages. I want to create a button called "Print Record". When one clicks on this button, I want it to print all 5 pages. At the moment, I print one page. Then tab to the second page and print, and so. Can I set it so that one you click on print, you can decide on which page you want to print or print all five pages? Can I do this in code? If this isn't the right section, please direct me. Thank you in advance. Generally spea...

Purchase Receipt posting to closed period
We have a problem with the invoice matching activity in the system in regards to closed G/L periods. For example: - The receiving is done in period 2 (February) - Two weeks later the supplier invoice comes in with a different cost, it is now period 3 (March). Period 2 is now closed The system will flag these transactions and prevent the posting because the period is closed but will "place" them in the master posting with the date from the previous period. So it is smart enough to identify that the period is closed but dumb enough to generate the transactions wi...

Running Access 2003 db in 2007, and a few forms don't work
I have a database that's been updated from at least Access 97 (maybe Access 2, I can't remember anymore) and has been running fine in Access 2003 for years. My client upgraded to Vista with Office 2007. Almost everything in the database works fine, except 3 forms. Each of these forms has a tab control. Two of the forms have subforms on some of the tabs, one doesn't. When I try to open the forms in Access 2007 running on Vista in Virtual PC, I get the error "There isn't enough memory to perform this operation. Close unneeded programs and try the operation again."...

Set form field on double click
I am using MS Access 2003. I have a continuous form that is run off of a query "srbScientific Review". The query's criteria is set to [Enter Last Name] in the LastName field. That part works fine. I get my continuous form that shows LastName, DocID, and Title of Document. I would like to double click on the DocID and have the following happen: 1. Open another form "publications" 2. Set the SRBId field to the DocId field that I double clicked on. PLEASE help. I think I need to bookmark, clone.... I'm very confused. As a kick in the right ...

Customize Task Details Form
Not sure if this is possible. Can I customize the Task Details Form? I'd like to add some more input fields to it. My company has 23 (way too many) columns they'd like to have all schedules populate. I've added the necessary columns to the Gantt view but I dislike tabbing across and not being able to see all the data at once. I figured out how to create a customized entry form but I'd like to display it in the bottom pane of a split view and I can't figure that out. It would be even better if I could start with the default task entry form and modify it...

Error Message upon closing OL2000
Everytime I close OL2000, I get this error message: Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks! OUTLOOK executed an invalid instruction in module <unknown> at 0000:017617fe. Registers: EAX=00000000 CS=0167 EIP=017617fe EFLGS=00010297 EBX=01760b48 SS=016f ESP=0056fc3c EBP=0056fc78 ECX=01760b48 DS=016f ESI=0056fc6c FS=298f EDX=00000000 ES=016f EDI=017617fc GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 8e 30 00 00 00 00 d0 0b 76 01 b1 79 00 00 20 00 Stack dump: 017617fc 01760bec 01760b48 04001097 017617fc 00078300 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000060 00000003 00000000 00000000 ...

Microsoft Form 2.0 Controls in VC causing error
My application developed using VC++6.0 in W2K running well in my development PC (with Visual Studio 6.0 installed). When I run the same application in a client PC without VS installed, I get this error: An unsupported operation was attempted. At last I found out it is caused by the 'Microsoft Form 2.0 commandbutton' and 'Microsoft Form 2.0 Label'. After I removed these controls the application run fine. I have registered the file FM20.dll using Regsvr32 and it show succeeded. May someone help how can I make those controls run well in my client PC? Thanks. ...

Need help with ListCtrl after font change
Hi Folks, I'd appreciate any advice.... my project is actually done in WTL, but I thought the MFC group would be a good place to start. I have a ListCtrl in report view which I am doing custom drawing and stuff but otherwise nothing special. Recently I added the ability for the user to configure the fonts on the fly for the ListCtrl, menus, statusbar, etc. When I change the font in the ListCtrl, if I am scrolled to the top so that the first item is visible, all is fine. If, however, I'm scrolled down so that the first item in the list is not visible, the ListCtrl seems to lose tra...

My code stops after the record saves....form never closes
Users are going into to update a number, and they want to close the form before the record gets saved, thus losing their changes. I created an Exit button, which should save the record change and close the form. Here's the code: If Me.Dirty Then RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord End If Forms![frmRMSHours]![Act Hours] = Me![Text9] DoCmd.Close If the record is dirty, they press Exit and the record saves. They have to press Exit again and the form closes. If the record is not dirty, the form will close when pressing Exit. What am I doing wrong? To save ...

Move forms in public folders 5.5 to exchange 2003
Hello all, I recently migrated from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 using ADC and things were fine. I later deleted ADC and moved Exchange 2003 to native mode. I recently found out that the public folders have not been migrated. I earler used the pfmigrate script in exchange 2003. For some reason it had just created blank folders with no data on it. Now i want to migrate/transfer the public folders content(like forms) from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 computer. Please help. Best, Karthik ...

Uploading Form Problem
FP 2003 / win xp / URL of form is : http://www.icingpictures.co.uk/online_order_form.htm Just set up a form and am trying to get it to work - got the following error message... Form Validation Error Please correct the information you provided by following these steps, then submit the information again: * A FrontPage File Upload component is incorrectly configured. Please set the MIME encoding type for the form to be multipart/form-data. Return to the form. I do not usually have problem spublishing - server does have frontpagr extensions - i have tried to look in t...

order enty form
help here is my problem i have a db that tracks orders and i need a form to enter the order number and part number and quantirty. i will need to enter allot of orders at one time so i want to use a comtinuous form to enter the info into the orders table what i want to do is enter the job # and the part number and auto fill the discription and size. i have a part numbert tabel with fields part number, discription size there are too many to use a combo box. i have an order table with fileds job number, part number , discription , qantity, start time end tine, efficentcy, total time , down time, ...

change inbox default form
how do i change the default form for inbox in outlook 2002 sp3? Tools-Forms-Design a form. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Peter Fuller asked: | how do i change the default form for inbox in outlook 2002 sp3? You can make a registry change to substitute your custom form for the default form. See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/newdefaultform.htm#ch...

Select subform's query criteria from form's unbound cbo
I want users to be able to select a name from a form's unbound combo box and that selection to automatically become the criteria for the subform's underlying query, without the parameter box for the query popping up. How do I do this? I'm new to VBA and not an Access 2003 whiz either. TIA for your help! WorkerBee wrote: > I want users to be able to select a name from a form's unbound combo > box and that selection to automatically become the criteria for the > subform's underlying query, without the parameter box for the query > popping up. How do I do t...

Closing orders
After we receive and order, we create the invoice with the create invoice button, however the order is still there as "new" or "pending". Is there any way to "close" the order as having been received? (CRM is expecting that you would be integrated to an accounting system) You could write a manual workflow rule to set the order status to Submitted and order status reason to (whatever); you may be able to get the workflow to trigger on something more useful like creating an invoice, but I haven't tried that Peter "Biyoojok" <biyoojok@gmail...