Close a Application from Access

Hallo

Is it possible to close an application from access if yes how

Regards
Markus

Hallo Markus.

"Markus" wrote:
> Hallo
>
> Is it possible to close an application from access if yes how

Yes, it is possible, for example by activating the application using
the AppActivate command and then executing SendKeys "%{F4}".
If the application is an automation server (Word or Excel), there is
an other opportunity using the GetObject function to get a reference
to the application and then using the applications method to quit the
application (mostly "quit"), for example:

Dim objWord As Object
Set objWord = GetObject(Class:="Word.Application")
objWord.Quit
Set objWord = Nothing

--
Regards,
Wolfgang

Beep deadlocks application
A call to Beep( 400, 50) seems to deadlock my application. (app not responding, 0% CPU load) This happens only if Sound Sentry, Flash active caption bar is activated in the control panel. I'm using XP, SP 2. Anyone else noticed this? ...

Close Event for the Database (?)
Is there a close event for the database? I have forms referencing other forms, and if the user closes Access without backing out of the forms, an error message pops up. It would be hand to just trap that error in an "On close" event for the entire db. Of course that might be a horrible thing when other errors are happening on close.... -- croy ...

comdlg32.ocx and Access 2007
I have several Access databases that were originally written using an Access version prior to Access 2007. I am in the process of converting the databases and installing them on new machines running Win7 and Access 2007. Over the years, one of the References I commonly used was comdlg32.ocx. It does not appear that either Win7 or Access 2007 installs that particular Active X file. I can copy it from an older machine, but that seems like a strange solution. Is comdlg32.ocx a "legacy" Active X file and has it been replaced with a newer (and differently named) Activ...

Inserting Excel into Access Reports

Simple Access counting queries

Expression Too Complex in Access 2000
Hi, Consider the following query: SELECT crTbl.acct_1, crTbl.amount, crTbl.date FROM crTbl WHERE (((crTbl.acct_1)="Supplies") AND ((crTbl.date) Between [Forms]![crReportOptionsFrm]![startDate] And [Forms]![crReportOptionsFrm]![endDate])); The query works fine on my own computer in Access 2002. When converted to Access 2000 and used on an other computer, I get the following error: "This expression is typed incorrectly or is too complex to be evaluated. Try simplifying the expression by assigning parts of the expression to variables." The problem is with the "Between...

groups detail section totals access 2003
Hi all, I know this can be done, but haven't figured out how yet. I have what basically is a summary report that my sql comes up with for the detail rows. I want to total these rows in the report and display immediately below the detail section. I don't really want to group anything, but want to treat the whole detail section as a group. That being said, how can I get a "group footer" on the designer so I can add my total columns. If I use "sorting and grouping", it starts grouping things and that is not what I want. I don't want to use the "page foo...

Cannot close opportunities #2
I upgraded from CRM 3.0 to 4.0 We encountered issues with SQRSS - I had to uninstall and reinstall SQRSS. I am now encoutering issues when closing a new opportunity it error out throwing an Exception of type "System.web.HttpUnhandledException' Full Stack: [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] at Microsoft.crm.dialogs.CloseOppPage.ConfigureForm(_ at Microsoft.crm.Application.Controls.AppUIPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) at system.web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInernal() at System.web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includesStagesBefore A...

FP: Couldnt close table
We have been receiving this error on two separate PCs after a recent upgrade to 7.5. Our version is 7.50g43 (service pack 5). At first we thought it was isolated to one PC now a second PC is having the same error. On the first PC, I ran new network cable, installed a different network card with no help. This PC is Win98, 64MB RAM, 600Mhz. The second PC has 128MB RAM also Win98. I don't believe switching to XP is an option right now. This message has appeared in the payables module on both machines. But it has also appeared in receivables as well. Not in GL or Payroll. I...

Remote access to another company's Outlook calendar?
Hello! I have one client on Exchange 2003 that wants to access the calendar of an employee (consultant?) at another company running Exchange (version not known yet). How can the remote company share this person's calendar with my client? He would need to access it and add appointments to it. Thank you for the help! Gregg Hill On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 22:15:24 -0700, "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote: >Hello! > >I have one client on Exchange 2003 that wants to access the calendar of an >employee (consultant?) at another company running Exchange (version no...

Close and Restart your program.....
I want to be able to shut down my program and restart is automatically. My purpose is after the user enter's information I want to shutdown the program and restart it with the new information that was entered. The information entered activates new features, but the features can not be initialized while the program is running. It has to be initialize during startup. Thanks for you help!... Dirty Solution: Save your details, call CreateProcess or ShellExecute on your own EXE, terminate your application straight away. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com "Developer&quo...

Can't connect to Exchange server after VPN access
I can connect to my office Exchange server when in the office (LAN) but I cannot connect outside with Outlook. I can only use the webmail after entering a web VPN access: - First portal for VPN : https://xxx.yyy.com --> I enter my user_VPN/password_VPN - On the next web page, I have the choice for the webmail and it's a link as https://xxx.yyy.com/go/webmail.yyy.com~ssl where I can enter my user_mail/password_mail So I can't enter the url in RPC as every slash is forbidden In my Outlook, the Exchange server (EXC.yyy.com) is not reachable by ping (or tracert) and I can't ...

Securities with closed positions are being deleted
I am using Money 2006 Deluxe--having upgraded from the 2003 Money Business version. It appears that my closed security positions are being deleted automatically 60 days after selling the last shares. Price history for these securities is also deleted. I believe that in Money 2003 (Business) that I used a setting that is causing this (the results, however, were not my intent). Money 2006 does not appear to have such a setting. How can I stop this from happening now for securities that I will be selling? How can I recover the "lost data" How can I force Money 2006 to pic...

Access 2007 12-17-09
I am building a contact data base for my church. How do I get the phone field to automatically format like this (xxx) xxx-xxxx when the numbers are typed in the cell? -- Thank You In the form design view select the phone control and open the properties dialog. Goto the Data tab and use the Input Mask to define the format you wish to use. If you click on the ... to the right hand side on the property you will get another dialog where there are predefined input mask or you can define your own. For instance, I use !\(999") "000\-0000;0;_ to format my telepho...

Can Entourage be used to access Google Groups
I am in the process of switching from PC to Mac. In Entourage, I see this news server. Can I get some of my newsgroups in Google Groups to show on Entourage or Mac Mail? Responses off group will be welcome if I have asked something everyone except me knows. Thanks, Michael Plog On 1/31/10 3:25 PM, Michael Plog wrote: > I am in the process of switching from PC to Mac. In Entourage, I see this > news server. Can I get some of my newsgroups in Google Groups to show on > Entourage or Mac Mail? > > Responses off group will be welcome if I have asked something e...

Publish A Workbook Onto The Web, Then Access Using My Web Browser.
How do I access my spreadsheet, or workbook, on the web once I've saved it as a webpage from the file menu? I've found that even though I've save my workbook as a webpage, it does not have an http:// address which I can type in my web browser to access the workbook from my home computer or from a remote computer. Should I have to sign up with an http:// service provider or can this all be done from using Microsoft Office XP without going through a third-party? -- sigmad You have to have a website first of all, otherwise, where do you want to host this page? "sigmad&q...

link file from virtual windows xp to access 2007 on windows 7 plat
I am trying to link a paradox db file to access 2007 db. The paradox file resides on a virtual windows xp platform within the windows 7 platform of the physical machine. How do I map this field into access? -- cblackman ...

Unhandled exception at 0x10001e80 in EXCEL.EXE: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x10001e80.
Hi All, Does somebody know what's a shit is that? I installed XP from scratch, then all service packs and update, VS etc., finally I installed the Office 2000. When I close Excel (and Word as well) I get this error. Unhandled exception at 0x10001e80 in EXCEL.EXE: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x10001e80. I installed all service packs and updated over the office, no results. My friend told me that it's a big difference how did we install Office, in what order. If I install the Office exactly after Windows main installation, then install all other packages, updates, ...

Puzzling out the Navigation Pane (Access 2007)
Hi All, Been looking at the Access 2007 Navigation Pane as a replacement for the venerable Switchboard. Soo... I can create shortcuts to objects, put those shortcuts in Custom Categories and Groups and Disable the DesignView property of the shortcut. Ok. I can run an autoexec macro to hide all native categories. Fine. What's to prevent the end user from right clicking on the shortcut and enabling DesignView again? ...

administrator denied access to system manager
done a nice silly thing, accidentally changed the permissions on the administrator account to deny full access in the exchange organisation. i used the reg hack to access the security tab. i know that's why it's hidden to prevent things like this, so please dont remind me ;) thing is, although i can do most things from another admin account, i cant get access to that security tab, even with the reg hack for that user. so i cant undo the damage. is there any way or removing those permissions using another tool? i cant add the other amin account to the delegation wizard, it says...

Converting Access 97 to Access 2003 10-14-05
This is my first conversion. Can anyone offer tips on the easiest and safest way to convert a multi user database which was developed in Access 97 to Access 2003? You can try opening A2003, and before opening any database, choose: Tools | Database Utilities | Convert Database. If you run into problems, see: Converting from Access 97 to 2000, 2002 or 2003 at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-48.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Jane...