Click button enter current time

I am creating a form using Access 2003.  One field on my form is Start.  I
would like to add a button next to this field so that when I click the button
on the Form the current time will display in the field.

Can you tell me what I need to do to the Start field in the table and the
form where it exists in order to make this work?
-1

Teddy wrote:

> I am creating a form using Access 2003.  One field on my form is Start.  I
> would like to add a button next to this field so that when I click the
> button on the Form the current time will display in the field.
>
> Can you tell me what I need to do to the Start field in the table and the
> form where it exists in order to make this work?

In the code for the button's Click event...

Me!Start = Now()

You don't need to do anything to the table.

0
Rick
11/26/2009 5:46:20 PM
This is awesome.  Thank you for your help. When I use the code I get this
data “11/26/2009 9:55:30 PM”  do you know how I can shorten it so that it
will only display the time such as 9:55 pm.  I changed the format to medium
time on the table in design view but that didn’t seem to make a difference.
Any input is greatly appreciated thank you again for your help.

"Rick Brandt" wrote:

> Teddy wrote:
>
> > I am creating a form using Access 2003.  One field on my form is Start.  I
> > would like to add a button next to this field so that when I click the
> > button on the Form the current time will display in the field.
> >
> > Can you tell me what I need to do to the Start field in the table and the
> > form where it exists in order to make this work?
>
> In the code for the button's Click event...
>
> Me!Start = Now()
>
> You don't need to do anything to the table.
>
> .

Instead of =Now() use =Time() to populate just the time

"Teddy" <Teddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is awesome.  Thank you for your help. When I use the code I get this
> data “11/26/2009 9:55:30 PM”  do you know how I can shorten it so that it
> will only display the time such as 9:55 pm.  I changed the format to
> medium
> time on the table in design view but that didn’t seem to make a
> difference.
> Any input is greatly appreciated thank you again for your help.
>
> "Rick Brandt" wrote:
>
>> Teddy wrote:
>>
>> > I am creating a form using Access 2003.  One field on my form is Start.
>> > would like to add a button next to this field so that when I click the
>> > button on the Form the current time will display in the field.
>> >
>> > Can you tell me what I need to do to the Start field in the table and
>> > the
>> > form where it exists in order to make this work?
>>
>> In the code for the button's Click event...
>>
>> Me!Start = Now()
>>
>> You don't need to do anything to the table.
>>
>> .

0
Andre
11/29/2009 5:07:01 PM
If you want to control the time format, you can also try
= Format(Time(), "Short Time")

"Teddy" <Teddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is awesome.  Thank you for your help. When I use the code I get this
> data “11/26/2009 9:55:30 PM”  do you know how I can shorten it so that it
> will only display the time such as 9:55 pm.  I changed the format to
> medium
> time on the table in design view but that didn’t seem to make a
> difference.
> Any input is greatly appreciated thank you again for your help.
>
> "Rick Brandt" wrote:
>
>> Teddy wrote:
>>
>> > I am creating a form using Access 2003.  One field on my form is Start.
>> > would like to add a button next to this field so that when I click the
>> > button on the Form the current time will display in the field.
>> >
>> > Can you tell me what I need to do to the Start field in the table and
>> > the
>> > form where it exists in order to make this work?
>>
>> In the code for the button's Click event...
>>
>> Me!Start = Now()
>>
>> You don't need to do anything to the table.
>>
>> .

0
Andre
11/29/2009 5:08:05 PM
Thanks Andre.  This works well.  I am thankful for your help.

"Andre" wrote:

> Instead of =Now() use =Time() to populate just the time
>

> "Teddy" <Teddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > This is awesome.  Thank you for your help. When I use the code I get this
> > data “11/26/2009 9:55:30 PM”  do you know how I can shorten it so that it
> > will only display the time such as 9:55 pm.  I changed the format to
> > medium
> > time on the table in design view but that didn’t seem to make a
> > difference.
> > Any input is greatly appreciated thank you again for your help.

> >> In the code for the button's Click event...
> >>
> >> Me!Start = Now()
> >>
> >> You don't need to do anything to the table.
> >>
> >> .

Just what the doctor ordered.  This result is exactly what I was looking for.
 Thank you.

"Andre" wrote:

> If you want to control the time format, you can also try
> = Format(Time(), "Short Time")
>
> "Teddy" <Teddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > This is awesome.  Thank you for your help. When I use the code I get this
> > data “11/26/2009 9:55:30 PM”  do you know how I can shorten it so that it
> > will only display the time such as 9:55 pm.  I changed the format to
> > medium
> > time on the table in design view but that didn’t seem to make a
> > difference.
> > Any input is greatly appreciated thank you again for your help.

> >> In the code for the button's Click event...
> >>
> >> Me!Start = Now()
> >>
> >> You don't need to do anything to the table.
> >>
> >> .

Outlook 2000 does not open messages with double click
Some messages will not open with double click but will open with FILE - OPEN. I'm not determine why the difference. Any thoughts? Thanks! ...

Multiple time ranges
I am trying to create a formula that will look up the time values and return a letter. Times are in column F. Must include seconds (as values does include seconds). 07:00:00 - 17:30:00 = "A" 17:31:00 - 00:30:00 = "B" 00:31:00 - 06:59:00 = "C" <as values does include seconds).> But you miss out whole minutes in your specications. Anyway, this should work, but do check your threshold values. Maybe you need to add a second or less than a second. Set up a table like this (in this example: A1:B4) 0:00:00 B 0:30:00 C 7:00:00 A 17:30:00 B With your time to l...

Simple Javascript to get the current CRM user
I'm looking to add an OnChange event to restrict changes to a certain picklist field in the Account table. Simple logic, except I can't seem to figure out who the current user is... This has to be a simple one for you JavaScript jocks, and I'd really appreciate your saving me hours... Many thanks, Dave ...

Finding current printer page number
I have hunted for this without success. I want to know - programmatically - what page the active cell is in. More precisely, what page ActiveCell.Top is in. (I take it some sows can split into more than one page.) I want to automate putting manual page breaks into a sheet. I would put breaks at or before those automatically inserted by Excel. Thanks -- Walter Briscoe In message <KBH7nVN7dSuJFwvS@freenetname.co.uk> of Thu, 12 Mar 2009 15:17:15 in microsoft.public.excel.newusers, Walter Briscoe <wbriscoe@nospam.demon.co.uk> writes >I have hunted for this without success. >...

Regarding button grayed out in CRM for Outlook
Hello, I have the above problem in 2 pcs. First has OS windows XP professional and Outlook 2003 SP2. Second has OS windows 2000 professional and Outlook 2003 SP2. In both the CRM toolbar appears fine, and, when you click on it the forms that open have the Regarding buttons grayed out, so we cannot really use them. No error message, no other problems. Please advise, Elena So does it work for other computers or other users on those computers? Could be a security role issue for the users. Does it work if they access CRM through Explorer rather than Outlook client? Ryan Elena wrote: &...

Ability to enter multiple meter readings per day in field service.
Would like to have the abiltiy to enter multiple meter reading per day in fields service instead of being limited to just one entry per day. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-u...

Accrue vacation & sick time
I am getting an error message when I try to accrue vacation and sick time in H/R accrue. The message reads - Cannot accrue attendance for a date that isn't within and accrual period. This will be the second payroll for the new year and I did not have any problems for the first payroll for 2010 ...

How do I turn on Smart Tag Buttons?
I can see the red dots under the text that should have a Smart Tag connected to it, but I can see the Button to activate the Smart Tag. Wglade wrote: > I can see the red dots under the text that should have a Smart Tag > connected to it, but I can see the Button to activate the Smart Tag. Word 2003: Click Tools > AutoCorrect Options > Smart Tags, and check the box at the bottom of the dialog. Word 2007: Go to Office button > Word Options > Proofing > AutoCorrect Options > Smart Tags, and check the box at the bottom of the dialog. -- Regards, Jay F...

totals do not display unless user clicks on text box
I am relatively new to access. I am using access 2007 to create a report that contains subtotals. When the report is displayed on the screen the subtotals are blank. When the user clicks on the subtotal text box then the value appears. The user has to click on each subtotal in order to make the value appear. Has anyone experience this problem? Is there a workaround or solution? Thanks Normally a sub-total in a report is achieved by means of an unbound text box in a group footer with a ControlSource property which is an expression summing a set of values from the detail sect...

Get $500 to your PAYPAL Account by just one CLICK #2

Excel 2003 - VBA
I need someone to give me a few buzz words and point me to some reference work so that I can get started. I want to place several buttons on a worksheet that will help the user move around. I need to create a button then upon activation change the Caption and execute a macro that will create a button on another sheet. upon activation of this button, I will execute a macro and at the end of the macro, delete the button. In order to work with the button I need to name it then address it to make the changes and ultimately delete it. Here is the code I used to create the first button: Active...

saving the same file in different places at a time
hi, i have an excel file in one system when i update this file, is it possible some range of cells in this file to be saved in the different system also how do i give a link to the other file? appreciate, if anyone could help Sounds like you want to paste a link so that the cell will update every time the other cell gets new info... To do this, say you want to link cell A1 to cell A7...click on cell A7 and click copy...Go to cell A1 and click paste...Then (if you have Excel 2003), click on Edit/Paste Special/Paste Link and you now have youe link...The "Paste Link" Button ...

Macro "stop recording" button
While I was recording a series of macros, I must have inadvertently chosen to make the "stop recording" button disappear from view. I could obviously stop the recordings from Tools>Macros, but it would save me a couple of clicks if I had the button back. I looked at all the obvious Option screens, without success. Any suggestions? Answer from Tom Ogilvy on this problem Start recording a macro, then right click on a blank area of a toolbar and select the stop recording toolbar. (or use View=>Toolbars from the menu) then click the stop button. Now when you record, the b...

Accounting for change in data over time
Please help, I'm having a brain freeze today, and I can't figure out what should be obvious. I have three tables: tblOrgs that holds information about an organization tblContacts that holds information about the peple that work at organizations tblMarketingRecords that hold marketing information about the organizations and the contacts that have been made. I need to account for two things that can change over time: the first is the person's title; the second is their association with the organizaion. In the first case, a person's title was Admin and is now Associate. ...

Macro Button
I dragged a macro button onto the toolbar in my workbook. I just wante to use this macro in one workbook. When I opend up a new work book, th macro button was in that document as well? How do I get a macro butto on the tool bar to only appear in a specific workbook -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You need to assign/unassign the macros to the buttons when the workbook is opened. Sub Auto_open() Toolbars("LogForm").Visible = True Toolbars("LogForm").ToolbarButtons(1).OnAction = "PhoneLogger" Toolbars("LogForm").ToolbarButto...

Radio Buttons
I am creating a questionnaire, where there are yes and no questions that have radio buttons next to each answer. I have two questions. 1. Currently I have six questions with 6 yes and no questions. When I click on yes in the first question the radio button lights up. But when I answer the question in question 2, the first radio button goes away. I think I am going to need to group the two radio buttons together so that it does not affect other questions. How do you do that? 2. I want a numbering system so that if they answer yes, it gives a number value, and if they an...

KITL enters and leaves polling mode...
Hello, I have actived KITL in polling mode but I have the following trace .. ... ... OALKitlStart DeviceId................. MX3117493 pArgs->flags............. 0x19 --> OAL_KITL_FLAGS_POLL active pArgs->devLoc.IfcType.... 0 pArgs->devLoc.LogicalLoc. 0xb4020300 pArgs->devLoc.PhysicalLoc 0xb4020300 pArgs->devLoc.Pin........ 0 pArgs->ip4address........ 192.168.3.101 pDevice->Name............ CS8900A pDevice->ifcType......... 0 pDevice->id.............. 0xb4020300 pDevice->resource........ 0 pDevice->type............ 2 pDevice->pDriver..........

the expression you entered has a function name Microsoft Access can't find
I have a startup function that I run from the AutoExec macro that essentially checks the connection between the front end and back end and reconnects if necessary. This has been working for a really long time. Today, when I opened the database, I got the message: The expression you entered has a function name Microsoft Access can't find. Then I get a dialogue entitled "Action Failed" with the following information Macro Name: AutoExec Action Name: RunCode Arguments: TestStuff(0) It has three buttons, Step, Halt, Contine. Halt is the ony active one. If I run the macro by ...

Wrong time zone in Outlook
We are in the Eastern time zone. We have someone in our office whose computer is set incorrectly to the Central time zone. Any time she makes an appointment, it's an hour off for the rest of us. (She does a workaround to make it come out right.) She would like to change her computer to the Eastern time zone, but this will move all the appointments ahead an hour, and she doesn't want to move them all back one at a time. The "Troubleshoot time zones" page says to export data from the Calendar folder, change the time zone setting, then import the data back. How c...

IE freezes when task time zeroed out
A user at a company I provide IT support for is having an issue where he will click into a cell to zero out an erroneous time entry and IE will instantly freeze, it has to be forcefully closed. It doesn't lock up the whole computer, just IE. We've tried upgrading IE, reinstalling the ActiveX controls, removing those, manually installing and registering them, everything we can think of, to no avail. Any ideas? TIA Brian: How about telling us what version of Project Server, IE, OS.. etc? -- Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectex...

No date and time displayed
I am having a problem with the outlook. There are no date and time displayed on all my emails. When I received an email I should see date and time in the Received colume, but it's not there. Also, when I was trying to use the Calendar, date and time are not there too. I have updated my Outlook 2002 with SP-2. Can any one help? Thank you John ...

time clock #3
There should be an option to print out a receipt on the pos printer every time someone clocks out This way the employee can see what time they must punch back in Or the total hours worked that day ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.c...

choice selection button in a cell
Hi, I need to have a choice/radio button in a cell, wherein the user can just choose only one option instead of choosing from the drop down menu that appears against a cell when data validation method is used. Ex : User has to choose one of the 3 options shown in a cell. Can someone in this forum share the knowledge of how to go about achieving the same ? my skills are very limited and have only used the existing functions in xls. -- jkkumar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jkkumar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getin...

Mails delivered multiple times a day
Hi I�ve got the following problem hoping somebody here knows what can be done about it. There are two users on our exchange server (exchange 2000,service pack3) that get each one email multiple times a day. One email is a "deleted without being read" status notification to the user, the other one is a meeting request Let�s concentrate on the status notification. I paste a copy below (Please note the "xyz" I habe put in) -----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht----- Von: /O=XYZ/OU=GERMANY/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=NKHELIFA Gesendet: Freitag, 3. September 2004 10:52 An: Schaika Volker Bet...

custom button to launch list of transactions to be voided
so everyone knows you can go to Recall > Void a transaction. can we create a custom button on the right side to go directly to the Void a Transaction command without having to use the recall button? You can use vb or vb.net. see the customization guide. Good luck! -- -Jerry JR Data Inc. "Andy Miller - Teknor, Inc." wrote: > so everyone knows you can go to Recall > Void a transaction. > > can we create a custom button on the right side to go directly to the Void a > Transaction command without having to use the recall button? A macro is quicker to do but le...