Clearing the Form Filter

Hello.
I have a switchboard with a text box and a button that finds what ever I put
in the text box on a different form (I used the wizard for that). In the
other form I have created a ComboBox with the wizard but now when I use that
combo box to search for other records that I want to appear on the same for
it doesn't. I noticed that in the Form properties there was some information
like [Task ID]='CM041' in the Filter properties. When I removed [Task
ID]='CM041' and went back into the form view I was able to menuever through
my records using the combo box on the form. After initially opening the form
through the switchboard how do I get the Form filter cleared out
automatically?

Thanks.
Iram/mcp

Access may retain the last filter you used in the form's Filter property,
but just ignore it. To turn the filter off (i.e. show all records again),
just use:
    Me.FilterOn = False

"Iram" <Iram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello.
> I have a switchboard with a text box and a button that finds what ever I
> put
> in the text box on a different form (I used the wizard for that). In the
> other form I have created a ComboBox with the wizard but now when I use
> that
> combo box to search for other records that I want to appear on the same
> for
> it doesn't. I noticed that in the Form properties there was some
> information
> like [Task ID]='CM041' in the Filter properties. When I removed [Task
> ID]='CM041' and went back into the form view I was able to menuever
> through
> my records using the combo box on the form. After initially opening the
> form
> through the switchboard how do I get the Form filter cleared out
> automatically?
>
> Thanks.
> Iram/mcp

0
Allen
10/21/2007 2:54:09 AM
Thanks.
Where do I put the code?
Under the Main Form Properties, Event Tab, On Open?

Remember I have a combobox on my switchboard that opens my "Main" form using
the filter. I need to clear the filter after the Main form opens so that I
can use a combobox search field on the Main Form.

Thanks.
Iram/mcp

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> Access may retain the last filter you used in the form's Filter property,
> but just ignore it. To turn the filter off (i.e. show all records again),
> just use:
>     Me.FilterOn = False

> "Iram" <Iram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello.
> > I have a switchboard with a text box and a button that finds what ever I
> > put
> > in the text box on a different form (I used the wizard for that). In the
> > other form I have created a ComboBox with the wizard but now when I use
> > that
> > combo box to search for other records that I want to appear on the same
> > for
> > it doesn't. I noticed that in the Form properties there was some
> > information
> > like [Task ID]='CM041' in the Filter properties. When I removed [Task
> > ID]='CM041' and went back into the form view I was able to menuever
> > through
> > my records using the combo box on the form. After initially opening the
> > form
> > through the switchboard how do I get the Form filter cleared out
> > automatically?
> >
> > Thanks.
> > Iram/mcp

If you want the filter applied initially, and then you want to be able to
remove it, you could add a command button to your form.

(Of course, you could also do this by releasing the Filter button in the
toolbar without needing to write any code.)

> Thanks.
> Where do I put the code?
> Under the Main Form Properties, Event Tab, On Open?
>
> Remember I have a combobox on my switchboard that opens my "Main" form
> using
> the filter. I need to clear the filter after the Main form opens so that I
> can use a combobox search field on the Main Form.
>
> Thanks.
> Iram/mcp
>

> "Allen Browne" wrote:
>
>> Access may retain the last filter you used in the form's Filter property,
>> but just ignore it. To turn the filter off (i.e. show all records again),
>> just use:
>>     Me.FilterOn = False
>>
>> "Iram" <Iram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello.
>> > I have a switchboard with a text box and a button that finds what ever
>> > put
>> > in the text box on a different form (I used the wizard for that). In
>> > the
>> > other form I have created a ComboBox with the wizard but now when I use
>> > that
>> > combo box to search for other records that I want to appear on the same
>> > for
>> > it doesn't. I noticed that in the Form properties there was some
>> > information
>> > like [Task ID]='CM041' in the Filter properties. When I removed [Task
>> > ID]='CM041' and went back into the form view I was able to menuever
>> > through
>> > my records using the combo box on the form. After initially opening the
>> > form
>> > through the switchboard how do I get the Form filter cleared out
>> > automatically?
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> > Iram/mcp

0
Allen
10/22/2007 2:07:00 AM
Actually I would like to automate this instead of having folks click on a
Button that would run the code.

Iram/mcp

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> If you want the filter applied initially, and then you want to be able to
> remove it, you could add a command button to your form.
>
> (Of course, you could also do this by releasing the Filter button in the
> toolbar without needing to write any code.)

> "Iram" <Iram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks.
> > Where do I put the code?
> > Under the Main Form Properties, Event Tab, On Open?
> >
> > Remember I have a combobox on my switchboard that opens my "Main" form
> > using
> > the filter. I need to clear the filter after the Main form opens so that I
> > can use a combobox search field on the Main Form.
> >
> > Thanks.
> > Iram/mcp
> >

> > "Allen Browne" wrote:
> >
> >> Access may retain the last filter you used in the form's Filter property,
> >> but just ignore it. To turn the filter off (i.e. show all records again),
> >> just use:
> >>     Me.FilterOn = False
> >>
> >> "Iram" <Iram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On the same note as you mentioned, how does this sound?

1. Make the Combo Box on the form "not visible"
2. Create a button that clears the form filter i.e. "Me.FilterOn = False"
and makes the Combobox "visible" and make itself "the button" "not visible".

Is this possible if so can you help he with how to do it?

Iram/mcp

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> If you want the filter applied initially, and then you want to be able to
> remove it, you could add a command button to your form.
>
> (Of course, you could also do this by releasing the Filter button in the
> toolbar without needing to write any code.)

> "Iram" <Iram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks.
> > Where do I put the code?
> > Under the Main Form Properties, Event Tab, On Open?
> >
> > Remember I have a combobox on my switchboard that opens my "Main" form
> > using
> > the filter. I need to clear the filter after the Main form opens so that I
> > can use a combobox search field on the Main Form.
> >
> > Thanks.
> > Iram/mcp
> >

> > "Allen Browne" wrote:
> >
> >> Access may retain the last filter you used in the form's Filter property,
> >> but just ignore it. To turn the filter off (i.e. show all records again),
> >> just use:
> >>     Me.FilterOn = False
> >>
> >> "Iram" <Iram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

I don't think I understand.

You want the form loaded with a filter.

When someone uses the (unbound?) combo, you want to show all records? If so,
use its AfterUpdate event procedure to set FilterOn to False.

> Actually I would like to automate this instead of having folks click on a
> Button that would run the code.
>

> Iram/mcp
>
> "Allen Browne" wrote:
>
>> If you want the filter applied initially, and then you want to be able to
>> remove it, you could add a command button to your form.
>>
>> (Of course, you could also do this by releasing the Filter button in the
>> toolbar without needing to write any code.)
>>
>> "Iram" <Iram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks.
>> > Where do I put the code?
>> > Under the Main Form Properties, Event Tab, On Open?
>> >
>> > Remember I have a combobox on my switchboard that opens my "Main" form
>> > using
>> > the filter. I need to clear the filter after the Main form opens so
>> > that I
>> > can use a combobox search field on the Main Form.
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> > Iram/mcp

0
Allen

Message Filtering Doesn't Work
We moved our Exchange 5.5 server from an NT 4.0 server to Windows 2000 Server. Everything works fine, except for Message filtering on the Internet Mail Service Connections tab. It looks to be set up correctly and it should be sending all e-mails from the listed domains to the turf directory, but it isn't and all these e-mails are coming through. FYI, we created c:\turfdir on this server and modified the turfdir registry entry to reflect this. Help! Phil B. Wichita, KS Are you blocking a whole domain? If so, you have to have it in the format of: @domain-to-be-blocked.com ...

how to clear search history in search "look for"
can anyone advise me how i can delete the search history in the emai search "look for" drop down box? if so please email me at lim.karen@dystar.co -- doglove Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i You must edit the registry. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/mru.htm = --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "doglover" <...

incompatible filter installed on this server
Hi, I hope someone can help with this as it is driving me nuts. I keep getting this error when trying to sync with a consistency check and create a recovery point. I have done what it said here KB article http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=95132 and it still does not work. I have checked what filters are loaded and this is the list. Filter Name Num Instances Frame ------------------------------ ------------- ----- msnfsflt 7 2 DfsDriver <Legacy> Datascrn ...

Query/Filter XML to produce new document

Removing my email address from Outlook's junk filters
I use Outlook heavily, but never the Junk Mail filter. I have my own small business (consultancy) and have recently discovered that serveral people haven't seen messages from me because my messages are filtered by their Outlook Junk Mail Filter. As far as I can tell, there's nothing consistent or troubling about the content that would trip a content filter, so I'm assuming MS uses some sort of SPAM database. How can I correct this? I'm certainly no spammer or anything close to it. Just a small business guy doing mostly local business as a management consulta...

Use dropdown list from Form
Can I make a selection from a dropdown list while using data input form ? You could try John Walkenbach's Enhanced Data Form. It's a free add-in that allows combo boxes, so it could display a list of items. http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm Gerrym wrote: > Can I make a selection from a dropdown list while using > data input form ? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

30 tables in a form?
How come when i tried to put all my tables into a form, Access doesn't let me do it and gave me an error? You need to provide more information. A form may be based on a query comprising several tables, but it is unclear what you mean when you say you "tried to put all my tables into a form". In what way exactly are you attempting to do that, and what is the error message? What do you hope to accomplish? <emerlita@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:1176302831.519449.88430@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > How come when i tried to put all my tables into a form, Acce...

Drop-down list in a form
I am a novice in Access. I want to create a drop-down list in a form. Microsofts' instructions states: "...make sure the form or data access page is based on a record source that includes a foreign key field or Lookup field." What does this mean and how is it done? Thank you. ramudo, It sounds like you want to create a combo box. Just use the wizrd and follow the directions. However, if by drop down list you do not mean a combo box please elaborate... -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know,...

Change default domain in Forms Based Authentication
Hello all, I've set up my Exchange 2003 server in production and have enabled Forms Based Authentication for Outlook Web Access. I have one front end server and two back end servers. Since any user in Exchange 2000 could just type in their alias to access their mailbox I *need* to maintain this functionality. However, it seems that with FBA you cannot specify a default domain in Exchange System Manager. The settings are all grayed out. I can, however, set a default domain in IIS. This works until Exchange decided to reset those settings. How can I change the default domia...

Mail clears when I exit Outlook
Hello, I have Windows 7 and Outlook 2003 and I followed the instructions to IMAP my gmail account to outlook. It works great and all of my emails load into outlook. That is, until I close outlook. Once I close it and reopen outlook and click to open with my profile of the gmail account, there is no longer any emails stored in outlook. This has been very confusing for me so I apologize if I haven't explained this very well. Any help that you could give me would be great. Thanks! Sean wrote: > Hello, I have Windows 7 and Outlook 2003 and I followed the instructions to &...

2 Forms and 2 tables
there are 2 forms (main & sub) when i make a new record in main form, the new record is not yet saved / created in table then i click the sub form button (by macro - openform) for creating sub-record of this new record. but there is error cos the new record (main form) has not been created and so the sub record cannot be created too. how should i do? i do not find save macro command so that i can save the main form record before creating subform record. Thanks a lot. tony Tony, The macro Action to save the record is RunCommand/SaveRecord. But I would normally expect that t...

Clear Sheet2 before copy
Hello, I had help earlier this morning with this macro, it is working well now, but I was wondering if it is possible to incorporate a function that when first running the macro it will clear/delete Sheet2 "ROWS" starting row 2 through row 2000, also returning the row height to it default, column width is OK. Than complete the task. -Many Thanks Sub Macro1() For Each c In [H5:H2000] x = Sheets("sheet2").Cells(65536, 1).End(xlUp).Row + 1 If c.Interior.ColorIndex = 3 Then c.EntireRow.Copy Sheets("sheet2").Cells(x, 1) End If Next End Sub Ray, add this Sheet...

CC trans clear as hand keyed
About 2% of my credit card transactions are clearing as 'hand keyed', which of course bumps them up to some outrageous discount rate. We rarely hand key any transaction, so I have been trying to track down the cause of this downgrade. I spoke with the folks at Vital and we checked out a few of the offending transactions. According to them, the hand keyed status originates from RMS, it is not done at their end end for 'lack of data'. I am using the Mini-Mag and swiped a card in Notepad and it matched perfectly with the expected info, per theKnowledgebase article, but then...

Outlook 2003 Sharing Forms
Hi: I created a new Task Form and need for others on my team to be able to send it out as well. When I send it to other team members they are not bale to see the tabs or required fields on the from. Is there a simple resolution? Thanks. Try this page:: http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=34 -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Future Date Emails asked: | Hi: I created a new Task Form and need...

How do I save data on a form to my database?
I am new to Access and was wondering how I would save a record from my forum to the database. I am using an unbound forum. Thanks adamskiii, Why have you created an "unbound" form to operate on a table? If you're new to Access, you've just made your project much more difficult than it needs to be. You'll need to create a button on your form that, when clicked, runs an Append query against your table, using the current values on the open form. -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP 2007-2009 http://home.comcast.net/~cccso...

Publisher has 11 blank forms. How do I add more?
I want to create greeting cards. Publisher has limited blank templates. How can I add more, e.g. side-fold? You could go to the Microsoft Office site and download card publications and save them as templates. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT011359411033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Hughie" <Hughie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFF5C0D0-57AA-4C83-8EC3-7748B024DF6F@microsoft.com... >I want to c...

Forms 12-19-07
Can somebody help me on this please,am a beginner to programming. I have two multiselect listbox for filtering report and printing it.After printing it i want to flag the record in table and when the form is loaded again it shouldnot show the flagged records. I could do upto printing but i donot know how to update table and filter form again. After printing you need to run an update query to update your table to set the flag. When the form is initially loaded, you will have to run an update query to reset all the flags. What is the purpose of maintaining these flags? -Dorian "Sure...

Using Access to design a form and then publish it
I am trying with little success to utilise Access where a form can be designed and then this form can be sent to an e-mail address as an attachment where the form would look and react the same. e.g. the mail recipient would be able to enter information into the form just as if they where in Access, I then require the information to be received back into the database. Is there a straight forward way to do this, (the only way I can see at the moment is to use Data Access Pages!) (I do not want to use Infopath as the form design tool!!) -- djb ---------------- This post is a suggestion fo...

Close form button not enforcing required fields
I have a basic form bound to a table. I have name and address as mandatory in the table def. If I enter the name but not address then click on the cross in the top right (built into access) of the form it says "Cannot save record because address is required". This is as I'd expect. I have my own close button at the bottom of the form which has the code: DoCmd.close acForm, me.name This closes the form without showing any errors and simply does not save the data. If I enter all the required information it saves the record fine. Just seems to not save if any required fields are mi...

Date filter in AFA reports
It will be important to add a date filter on AFA reports. All customers have this suggestion. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=d6bc6c96-14cd-4660-a7a...

Outlook 2003 Custom Form
OK... I give up. How do I get the wheel mouse to activate and listen in a custom form for outlook 2003? The scroll bar is tedious to use, especially when you're used to having the scroll on the mouse. ...

Form does not show recordset's data
Hi everyone and thanks for reading I am trying to set an access form's recordset on an ADODB.Recordset that was fabricated from scratch. This means that I have appended the fields I want and then I added some records. Finally, I am setting the form's recordset property on this recordset but I get #Error in the form's controls. Offcourse, I confirm that the controlsource of each one of the controls matches the corresponding field values of the recordset. (If I set the form's recordset property on a recordset made from an existing source (table or query) the form works f...

CrmTranslations.xml
Hello, I've got an attribute (new_telephone), the attributename is Telephone (private), I've changed the display name in the Form to just "Telephone", and thats exactly what i want, the two names have to be different, when i open a company now, it shows me "Telephone" in the Form, but when i go to "Advanced Find" it shows me "Telephone (private)". Thats how I need it. The problem I've got now is that when i want to translate it into a different language, for example german, it just does not work. I've got 2 different entries in th...

Advanced filters in Pivot tables ?
Hello, Is it possible to use some kind of formulas to filter Pivot tables, like with the Auto-filter functionality ? For example, I have a pivot table showing me Customer information, but my customer codes start with a letter, then a numbering. Axxxx, Bxxx etc... Can I filter on this field for 'all customers starting with A ?' without having to tick/untick all records I want to see ? Or, on a date field, all dates between say 01/01/2005 and 15/09/2005 ? Thanks I go back to the original data and insert a new column. Then I create a formula that will help: =if(left(a2,1)="a&q...

Update Outlook 2003: Junk-E-Mail-Filter (KB870765)
Hello, if I install the last Update for the Junk E-Mail Filter of Outlook the followin error is displayed: "Error 2902. An intzernal error occured. ((ixfAssembly) Please contact you administrator of your company" Service Pack 1 for Office is already installed. What can I do? Regards, Claus-Stefan MCSA W2K, W2K3 ...