Changing the scrollbar/arrows size for Access listboxes.

I'm writing a touchscreen app and the listbox scrollbar is very hard
to use for fat fingers. Does anyone know of a way to programatically
make the scrollbar and arrows bigger? I don't want to change system-
wide settings to achieve this sit it's just one screen I need this
for.

I know some MVP out there has this mastered but I couldn't find
anything in the newsgroup. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
James
0
Minton

It's not possible on a per form/window/control basis.
An alternative is to hide the Access ListBox's ScrollBar using an ActiveX
ScrollBar control which allows resizing. Use the exposed events of the
ActiveX control to then programmatically control the ListBox's ScrollBar. I
have posted code in the NG's and on my site showing how to use the relevant
API's to control the ListBox's ScrollBar.

--

HTH
Stephen Lebans

"Minton M" <jamesbeswick@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm writing a touchscreen app and the listbox scrollbar is very hard
> to use for fat fingers. Does anyone know of a way to programatically
> make the scrollbar and arrows bigger? I don't want to change system-
> wide settings to achieve this sit it's just one screen I need this
> for.
>
> I know some MVP out there has this mastered but I couldn't find
> anything in the newsgroup. Any help would be much appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
> James

0
Stephen
12/20/2007 2:20:15 AM
On Dec 19, 6:20 pm, "Stephen Lebans" <ForEmailGotoMy.WebSite.-
WWWdotlebansdot...@linvalid.com> wrote:
> It's not possible on a per form/window/control basis.
> An alternative is to hide the Access ListBox's ScrollBar using an ActiveX
> ScrollBar control which allows resizing. Use the exposed events of the
> ActiveX control to then programmatically control the ListBox's ScrollBar. I
> have posted code in the NG's and on my site showing how to use the relevant
> API's to control the ListBox's ScrollBar.
>
> --
>
> HTH
> Stephen Lebanshttp://www.lebans.com
> Access Code, Tips and Tricks
> Please respond only to the newsgroups so everyone can benefit.
>
> "Minton M" <jamesbesw...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > I'm writing a touchscreen app and the listbox scrollbar is very hard
> > to use for fat fingers. Does anyone know of a way to programatically
> > make the scrollbar and arrows bigger? I don't want to change system-
> > wide settings to achieve this sit it's just one screen I need this
> > for.
>
> > I know some MVP out there has this mastered but I couldn't find
> > anything in the newsgroup. Any help would be much appreciated!
>
> > Thanks,
> > James

Thanks, Stephen - much appreciated!
0
Minton

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Font Sizing
I am visually impaired. I would like to increase font size in the IN-box window where the From: Subject: and Received: columns are listed. I have been able to increase font size to read the body of the e-mail and can compose e-mail with larger font - just would like to increase font size for the incoming message headers. Please write to me at: johnw@winserv.com if you can help. thank you in advance. John Depending on your version of Outlook, View->Current View->Customize Current View->Other Settings. You can customize the Fonts from there. --� Milly Staples [MVP...

Territory Change

open two different Access reports

chart MAcro to change on activecell

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Changing font in Money 2004 register?

Global Column Row Preview Font Size

compact database in VBA access 2007

LDAP Write access?

Changing language

Sizing drop down validation box
I have a form with lots of drop down validation boxes, many of them are Yes,No,N/A or Pass,Fail,N/A so one a narrow box is required but all the drop downs are about three inches wide. Once I accidentally go them to the right size and saved the file, closed it, then re-opened and the drop downs were really wide again. Does anyone know have to set the width, I always thought they were the same width as the cell they pop from but not the case. Wayman Those extra wide dropdown lists appear occasionally, usually if cells on the worksheet have been merged (not necessarily the cell with t...

MS Access 2007 code not running

Function to determine Directory Size
I'd like to be able to determine the size of a directory or group of files. Does anyone know of an add-in that has a function whereby I can specify a path and get the size of directory of groups of files as the return value? Ex: =dirsize("C:\Documents and Settings\Bob\My Documents\School") =dirsize("C:\Documents and Settings\Bob\My Documents\School\*.doc") It would also be helpful if there were an option to include subdirectories. -- Thanks, Bob Chmara Argh.... Make that "get the size of a directory or group of files" Bob "Bob Chmara" fatfing...