change query criteria dynamically with value from a 2nd form

Hello,

I have a query with multiple criteria passed from a form named "main". I
want to pass the criteria to the same query from a different form from the
click event of a hyperlink field returned from a different query. How do i
pass / change the current query criteria from its current value to the value
coming from the second form dynamically. My code in the query design looks
like

From Form main (To the same field in the query design)

Nz([Forms]![Main]![txt_fin_nbr],"00000")

When the criteria is not coming from form Main, i want it to be

Nz([Forms]![frm_display_multiple_patient_names]![fin_nbr], "00000")

 The reason I want to use the same query is because a big form with 9
Tabcontrols has this query as its record source and i want to keep everything
the same no matter which form supplied the value to the query when the form
opens.

Thanks.

The best solution is to omit the criteria from the query, and use a filter
string instead.

You build the filter string in whatever form you need it and that apply it
as the Filter of the form or report.

Here's an example of how to build such a string:
    Search form - Handle many optional criteria
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html

You will need some familiarity with VBA code to achieve this, but the code
is designed so you can easily add more and more boxes to filter on if you
need to.

"ecwhite" <ecwhite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a query with multiple criteria passed from a form named "main". I
> want to pass the criteria to the same query from a different form from the
> click event of a hyperlink field returned from a different query. How do i
> pass / change the current query criteria from its current value to the
> value
> coming from the second form dynamically. My code in the query design looks
> like
>
> From Form main (To the same field in the query design)
>
> Nz([Forms]![Main]![txt_fin_nbr],"00000")
>
> When the criteria is not coming from form Main, i want it to be
>
> Nz([Forms]![frm_display_multiple_patient_names]![fin_nbr], "00000")
>
> The reason I want to use the same query is because a big form with 9
> Tabcontrols has this query as its record source and i want to keep
> everything
> the same no matter which form supplied the value to the query when the
> form
> opens.
>
> Thanks.

0
Allen

Dynamic Xml editor
Hi, I am writing a user control that will help a user that know (almost) nothing about Xml to build a Xml file based on a Xsd schema that is given to the user control. The idea is to have a treeview on the left and a property grid on the right. The treeview is loaded with the root elements from the schema. When the user right click on a node, a context menu allow him to add subnodes if schema allow it. This way, the user can create items, attributes, ... The property grid is filled by the user with data. At the end, the Xml file is generated and validated. My problem is about the design....

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

visual basic

Territory Change

chart MAcro to change on activecell

Word2007. Checkbox. No Form

Changing font in Money 2004 register?

Web query timeout setting.

IsOutLookClient() returns wrong value

Changing language

Value is BLANK

Picture control on a form
What is the best way to fill a form with a picture control so that when the client window is resized the picture control will fill the form? -- Just Al Take a look at this and see if this is what you want: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/bmpdlg01.asp Tom "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BEA0FA2-3F95-4090-B908-A75DBF1D19DE@microsoft.com... > What is the best way to fill a form with a picture control so that when > the > client window is resized the picture control will fill the form? > -- > Just Al Thank You! -- Just Al &...

SQL query / Formula for Reorder Point?