Change color of forms caption bar

Is there a way to change the color of a forms caption bar without chaning the
overall look of Windows?

I have a form that I am creating for use on a classified system.  I toyed
with changing the background color of the entire form to red, but this is
just too obnoxious.  But I would like to change the background color of the
forms caption bar if possible.

As a work-around, I am adding a narrow rectangle to the top and bottoms of
my form, and setting its color to red.
--
Email address is not valid.
Please reply to newsgroup only.

AFAIK, Access gets it caption bar colour from Windows, so your work-around
would be the only way.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Dale Fye" <dale.fye@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to change the color of a forms caption bar without chaning
> the
> overall look of Windows?
>
> I have a form that I am creating for use on a classified system.  I toyed
> with changing the background color of the entire form to red, but this is
> just too obnoxious.  But I would like to change the background color of
> the
> forms caption bar if possible.
>
> As a work-around, I am adding a narrow rectangle to the top and bottoms of
> my form, and setting its color to red.
> --
> Email address is not valid.
> Please reply to newsgroup only.

0
Douglas
10/15/2007 5:27:51 PM
What you could do is create your own look alike captionbar.
Set your forms borderstyle to [none]. Create a formheader and fill that with
an appropriate color. Place a thin borderbox in the form header to top it off.

In such a case you do need a button to close the form because the controlbox
to close the form won't be visible..

Just a suggestion ;-)
--
Maurice Ausum

"Dale Fye" wrote:

> Is there a way to change the color of a forms caption bar without chaning the
> overall look of Windows?
>
> I have a form that I am creating for use on a classified system.  I toyed
> with changing the background color of the entire form to red, but this is
> just too obnoxious.  But I would like to change the background color of the
> forms caption bar if possible.
>
> As a work-around, I am adding a narrow rectangle to the top and bottoms of
> my form, and setting its color to red.
> --
> Email address is not valid.
> Please reply to newsgroup only.

Use Form to prompt for report criteria

Exchange 2000 DST Changes

Changing Item #'s
Is it possible to change the item #'s after the item has already been entered? TMM: No there isn't in the "base" product, but MBS does have a tool that you can use called Item Modifier - this will allow you to change an Item number from one value to another. You can email this address below and they can answer any questions you have about the tool and can tell you what the cost of it is. mbsprofessionalservices@microsoft.com Hope that helps you out, JG "TMM" wrote: > Is it possible to change the item #'s after the item has already been entered? ...

Filling Web Form
Dear freinds Hello, I have written code in vc++ using MFC to fill the Webform using HTTP post method and I'm able to fill the form but I'm facing a problem that I'm unable to fill login name and password. So any one amongst you have any Idea or help then please help me With Regards Sachin ...

Outlook color scheme
I've seen several different installs of Outlook 2003. Some have an orange interface, some blue, some grey. I'm not talking about Outlook web acess, but the local installed copy. Can anyone explain this? I would like to figure out how to change the interface color scheme. -Brian It uses Windows color schemes. Change those from Display Properties (Control Panel or right click you desktop). --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will ...

Add new record through Form view
I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command button which will add a new record to my table. On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table in a form. On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 11:11:01 -0800, Ranjith Kurian <RanjithKurian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command >button which will add a new record to my table. >On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table >in a form. The Click event should show [Event Proced...

MS Access 2007, Forms
When using the "Forms Wizard", I need to use the "Style: Ricepaper", but it isn't available in the 2007 version and I have not been successful trying to find it in Office Online or on the web. Does anyone know where I can get it? Access 2007 has 25 AutoFormats, but as you noticed, they are virtually all new ones. It's actually nice to see that these were updated. To get the older Ricepaper style you could probably create a form in an earlier version of Access and then import it into your current database. If you're using the ACCDB file format, you would...

Where can I get a good holiday booking form for my golf business?
I need a quality Booking Form for my Golf Holiday business on the Costa Del Sol. One which includes sections for accommodation, dates, numbers, flight enquiries and car hire enquiries. Any help would be much appreciated on a tight budget. Thanks Dave Wrong forum. Try templates or doing it yourself. :-) -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "Dave" wrote: > I need a quality Booking Form for my Golf Holiday business on the Costa Del > Sol. > One which includes sections for accommodation, dates, numbe...

Stop changing of languages in Word 2003 when typing letter.
While typing a letter in Word 2003 it changed from English to what looked like Arabic language. I have rebooted 3 times and started over and still the same occurs. I even copied what I had in English to an email in Yahoo and sent it to myself and rebooted. Came back to that same email and copied it to a new email that I started to myself, and when I started typing it would only type in what looked like Arabic language. This happened to me once a couple of weeks ago, but never occurred again till now. What do I do? In the Language dialog box, turn off the option to autom...

Strange behaviour: show/hide formatting symbols reveals old change
In Word 2007, I'm getting some strange behaviour in a document that was authored by someone else. Track Changes is switched off, all changes have been accepted, and everything looks as it should in whichever view I happen to choose (Print Layout, Draft, whatever). But when I click to show formatting symbols (in whatever view) a whole lot of old changes - deletions AND insertions, ostensibly all accepted, and from before the document got to me - appear in the document, making it quite tricky to work with. These old changes are impervious to anything I try to do with them E...

Color change in cell when > 49.99
I need a cell to change color if the value inside the cell reaches 50 or higher.either text or cell shade. just so it catches the users attention. im running excel 2000. and i have this currently in the cell that i want to aplly this to: =HLOOKUP(D20,'Hidden Data'!GZ10:HB11,2,0)*MAX(15,E20) have you tried conditional formating? format>conditional formating >-----Original Message----- >I need a cell to change color if the value inside the cell reaches 50 or >higher.either text or cell shade. just so it catches the users attention. >im running excel 2000. and i ...

Date/Time Show When Changes Made
Hi, When changes are made in a table or form, I want the date and time to appear showing me when changes were made in any of the fields. How can it work? MTIA. It's not possible if you're working directly with tables. Using foms, you have to put code into the form's BeforeUpdate event to update the row's LastChanged field (which, of course, you have to add to the table yourself) You might find what Allen Browne has at http://www.allenbrowne.com/AppAudit.html to be useful. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Beame...

How to implement a progress bar on a status bar
If I want to implement a progress bar indicating process of some algorithm or function, how should I programme to make the progress bar appear on the status bar in foot of the window? Is there any sample code I can follow? speechuser wrote: >If I want to implement a progress bar indicating process of some algorithm >or function, how should I programme to make the progress bar appear on the >status bar in foot of the window? Is there any sample code I can follow? I've not used it, but this may do the trick: Showing progress bar in a status bar pane http://www.codeproject.com/...

OWA and password change
I have OWA in the DMZ but the mail server is behind the DMZ. I have no problems accessing OWA but I do have a problem see the users on my DC. The real issue is that I am trying to have users change their own password within OWA and need to know what ports I need to have open without any security breach. I need to know what is safe to open and what's not safe to open. Thanks. Hi WooYing, have you seen this articel s? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179442 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;259240 http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/guidance/secmod44.mspx F...

formatting of charts changes when copying from excel 2000 to 200.
When I copy a chart from Excel 2000 and paste it into Excel 2003, some of the formatting is lost. In particular, scale and axis formatting. Is this a programming issue or can it be corrected easily. Thanks Hi, First one would answer why would you copy charts from 2000 to 2003, why not make them in 2003? Second and more important - how are you copying them - there are maybe 20 possible methods of copying a chart from one program to another. Please tell us exactly which steps you use to do the copying. Also, exactly what formatting are you loosing, what do you get instead? When ...

how2 create identity column on contact form
how to use identity contact_id column on sql contactbase table, because i want to, auto increment id field with contactid The ContactId field is defined as a uniqueidetifier (ie. GUID). When you create records via the SDK calls, this value will be assigned for you automatically. I would not recommend going directly against the tables to create records. "tashtan" <mehmettastan@gmx.net> wrote in message news:e44cBjtoDHA.2868@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... how to use identity contact_id column on sql contactbase table, because i want to, auto increment id field with contactid ...

Different field control sources for unbound form
Hi. I'm using Access 97. The short description of my problem is: I have an unbound form named Stats1. On the form I have 3 text boxes (AvgofR1, AvgofR2, and AvgofR3). There are 3 "total queries" (Q1, Q2, and Q3) that when run return an average in a field called AvgofR1 for query 1, AvgofR2 for query 2, and AvgofR3 for query 3. How do I get the value of AvgofR1 from query Q1 to appear in the text box AvgofR1, the value of AvgofR2 from query Q2 to appear in the text box AvgofR2, and the value of AvgofR3 from query Q3 to appear in the text box AvgofR3 on the unbound form Stats1...

how do i construct a bar in microsoft word?
how do i construct a bar in microsoft word? > how do i construct a bar in microsoft word? Use Word to write a letter to a general contractor. Ask the contractor for a quote to build a tavern to your specifications. Be as specific as you can about the specs. ...

bar diagraphs
How do you make a bar diagraph on excel? Start by having a read of this. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/index.html Cheers Andy Kester wrote: > How do you make a bar diagraph on excel? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

change chart title with auto filter
I would like the title of my chart to change automatically every time I use the autofilter function to make a new selection of data to be displayed in the chart. Can anyone inform me of how to make the chart title change automatically with each new selection? Thanks, aja Hi, See this 'link' (http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_chart_title/fp_tutorial.html) HTH -- Krishnakumar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Krishnakumar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=20138 View this thr...

Using Word To Design Survey Forms
We already have a form generated in Word to manually collect data. We want to use this form as the basis of a Sharepont survey. I know I will need to crete fields in SP to collect data but importing the word file(16 pages) as a basis for the survey form could save a lot of time Trevor SharePoint has a webpart designed for surveys. Give it a try. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 19/01/10 00:07, Trevor Aiston wrote: > We already have a form generated in Word to manually collect data. > > We want to use this form as the basis of a Sharepont survey. > >...

gradient fill effect has bars
Hi, I created a file a couple of weeks ago on my old computer and my text boxes with the gradient fill effect looked fine (version 2003). Since opening the file on my new pc the gradient is no longer smooth looking and now has distinct bars showing the colour variation. The only difference is that I was using xp and now using vista. Any suggestions on how to get the smooth look back? Thanks, Nancy Publisher has always had issues with gradients and transparency. The best workaround is to create a rectangle the size of your text box with your preferred gradient, right-click, save as...