Can not get size of list width

For a form I am using ControlBoxField.ListWidth = 7.5 (or any other value)
but resizes the drop down list width to the width of the drop down box. The
help states that the value can not be less than the width of the control
box - being larger should be fine. Instead I have to use
ControlBoxField.ListWidth = 5000. The field for List Width under form (below
column widths and list rows) is still set to 7.5. So why the different
values required?

Thanks,
J.

0
Jason

Hi Jason,

I think you will find the values need to be in TWIPS (1440 = 1 inch I think)

--
RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

ruralguy
6/6/2010 9:56:13 PM
Thanks for that, I was wondering about that - it does not state that for
listwidth but did for something else. I'll try the formula 1440/2.54*7.5
(4251) but that seems too small as I am using 6000. It looks like 2032 or
thereabouts = 1".

"ruralguy via AccessMonster.com" <u12102@uwe> wrote in message
> Hi Jason,
>
> I think you will find the values need to be in TWIPS (1440 = 1 inch I
> think)
>
> Jason wrote:
>>For a form I am using ControlBoxField.ListWidth = 7.5 (or any other value)
>>but resizes the drop down list width to the width of the drop down box.
>>The
>>help states that the value can not be less than the width of the control
>>box - being larger should be fine. Instead I have to use
>>ControlBoxField.ListWidth = 6000. The field for List Width under form
>>(below
>>column widths and list rows) is still set to 7.5. So why the different
>>values required?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>J.
>
> --
> RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP WinXP Pro
> Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

Jason
6/6/2010 11:12:17 PM
Why are you dividing by 2.54? 1440*7.5 should be 7.5 inches.

--
RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

ruralguy
6/6/2010 11:26:04 PM
Jason wrote:
>Thanks for that, I was wondering about that - it does not state that for
>listwidth but did for something else. I'll try the formula 1440/2.54*7.5
>(4251) but that seems too small as I am using 6000. It looks like 2032 or
>thereabouts = 1".

It is definietly 1440 twips per inch.

I think your calculation would be correct for 7.5
centimeters, but maybe 7.5 centimeters is not wide enough.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
"Marshall Barton" <marshbarton@wowway.com> wrote in message
> Jason wrote:
>>Thanks for that, I was wondering about that - it does not state that for
>>listwidth but did for something else. I'll try the formula 1440/2.54*7.5
>>(4251) but that seems too small as I am using 6000. It looks like 2032 or
>>thereabouts = 1".
>

> It is definietly 1440 twips per inch.
>
> I think your calculation would be correct for 7.5
> centimeters, but maybe 7.5 centimeters is not wide enough.
>
> --
> Marsh
> MVP [MS Access]

0
Jason
6/7/2010 1:33:34 AM
Well, I can't see your form or list bos so I don't know what
to do about "seems too small".

How about just setting the ListWidth to the Width property?

Have you used breakpoints in the code to see what the Width
and before and after ListWidth values really are?

Warning: Do not edit any code while viewing a module in
breakpoint mode because it is likely to corrupt the form's
module.
--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Jason wrote:
>7.5cm is wide enough (can set it to that value (7.5) in the form control -
>The field for List Width on form design below column widths and list rows).

>"Marshall Barton" wrote in message
>> Jason wrote:
>>>Thanks for that, I was wondering about that - it does not state that for
>>>listwidth but did for something else. I'll try the formula 1440/2.54*7.5
>>>(4251) but that seems too small as I am using 6000. It looks like 2032 or
>>>thereabouts = 1".
>>

>> It is definietly 1440 twips per inch.
>>
>> I think your calculation would be correct for 7.5
>> centimeters, but maybe 7.5 centimeters is not wide enough.
0
Marshall

queries written inside MS-Access are getting deleted
Some of the queries I have written inside MS-Access are getting deleted automatically. And while I run the queries through code, I get this error 'Query should have one destination field' Explanation: I created a query in MS-access. Ran it from the code. Closed the database. Started it again, and now for that particular query, it is showing 'SELECT ;' only. Strange. I am in panic mode now What can be the possible reason? My first thought is that the database file is corrupt. Unfortunately it's a type of corruption that Compact and Repair probably won...

how to store list of varying types
I am writing a program that parses data found in a proprietary protocol packet into individual chunks of varying sizes, based on the Opcode tag of the packet. sizes could be from a single byte to an very large null terminating string. The parser is part of a pipeline that works on the incoming packets so that an user at the end can do whatever he/she wants to do with the data (display it, apply operations, etc) I planned on creating a ProtocolPacket class that represents an entire packet, and contains a vector of dataElements. dataElement is a class that contains a pointer to the data, i...

Updating 2004 FI list
Does anyone know how to update Money 2004's Financial Institution list? When I check to see if my FI is online and supported, it is. When I check the Money 2004 list, it is not there. Any solutions? Thank you, any help would be great. -- Thanks, Andrew ...

Get Access Data into Excel
Hi All, I am using excel macro to get data from access database. My sql query gives me 5 records or more than that. I am able to pull it different cells. But I want all the 5 results in single cell. Please help im not exactly sure what your trying to do, but maybe something like this will do the trick dim accval as string accval=rs!:XXX rs.movenext accval=accval & " " & rs!:xxx loop it till rs.eof=true hth dmoney "fi.or.jp.de" wrote: > Hi All, > > I am using excel macro to get data from access database. >...

how can i relate between two columns in two sheets?
Question no too clear - you can use this space to give a detailed question. But here goes: On Sheet1 I can type formulas such as =Sheet2!A1 =SUM(Sheet2!A:A10) If I type = and then click on the cell A1 of a worksheet called My Yearly Totals, I will get the formula ='My Yearly Totals'!A1 Note that a sheet name having spaces get surrounded by single quotes. Does this answer your question? best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP people.stfx.ca/bliengme email address: remove uppercase characters REMEMBER: Microsoft is closing the newsgroups; We will all me...

Deleted Distribution List
Hi , LONG time Outlook user here..and I'm stumped ! I accidentally deleted a Distribution list from my Outlook 2007 contacts this afternoon. Immediately , I tried EDIT >UNDO , but it was greyed out. I searched Deleted Items in Mail ( thinking all deleted Outlook items ended up there ) and I couldn't find it. I searched Personal Folders as well ..but still no joy. I ended up recreating it , but the question remains , ..." Where did it go ?? " ( in case I do it again..) Many Thanks Next time it happens simply restore it from your backup. What, yo...

Word default paper size- networked user accounts
Word 2004- processors various, OS 10.5 How do I get Word to default to A4 (instead of US letter) for networked accounts? Hi Jeremy: The succinct answer to this is "By ensuring that your operating system locality preferences are set correctly before you install." Microsoft Office picks up all its global settings from the "Language and Text" system preferences in OS 10.6 (I think they were called something else in 10.5). If this has been done wrongly at installation, you need to set the System Preferences correctly and then delete the individual user's...

Programmatically listing Relationships of ADP file
I'm fairly new to access and would like to get a listing of the relationships in the ADP file. How would I go about doing that programmatically? I haven't the first idea of where to start. I did find something that said to loop through the relationships collection, but I can't seem to find it. FWIW, I'm fairly fluent in Excel VBA. Thanks, Barb Reinhardt On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 12:30:01 -0700, Barb Reinhardt <BarbReinhardt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: A good start would be to open a VBA window, click the Help button, and look for Relationships...

alphabetical list
ok...I have complied a list of my DVD collection and what I am trying to do is alphabatize the list. What problem I have when doing it is when I click sort button it always groups words like "A" and "The". I want it to ignore those words and focus on the word after "A" or "The" Create a helper column and add this formula to it =SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(A20,"The ",""),"A ","") Then sort both columns by the helper column -- HTH Bob Phillips "Ronnie" <Ronnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

can't interface
I can see my message with others in my WLM desktop yet can't see it at the newsgroup. I do not get answers. how do I set up WlM desktop so i can interface with you? Comcast stopped newsgroups so i am going directly to m.S. Please disregard this inadvertant duplication as i made an error which will not be repeated -thank you for undrstanding. peter "Peter" wrote: > I can see my message with others in my WLM desktop yet can't see it at the > newsgroup. > I do not get answers. > how do I set up WlM desktop so i can interface with you? > Comcas...

How can you see in real time who is sending email
- Hello everyone, Exchange 5.5 How can I see in real time who is sending outbound email? Several times per week I have users sending out large amounts of email. I need to know if there is a way to see who is sending in real time. Something that will point me to the user(s) doing the sending right now (real time) Thanks for any help, Terry On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:41:45 -0500, "theitman" <nospam@olsbuff.com> wrote: >- >Hello everyone, > >Exchange 5.5 >How can I see in real time who is sending outbound email? >Several times per week I have users sending out...

Can I add additional emoticons to Communicator 2007?
I would like to increase the available emoticons in Communicator 2007. Anyone know how? AFAIK, you can't but this would be better asked in the Communication server forums. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outlook do you use? http://forums.slip...

shared email, can't privatize appointments
I have 2 secys who share an email address. THey eachmade an Outlook calendar for themselves on their own laptop. However they say they can't keep any appt "private" from the other person--that "private" doesn't work. Is this true, and is there a way around it? -- kamp "kamp" <kamp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D667C78F-D0FD-4E82-A4FF-2EA717E4B66E@microsoft.com... >I have 2 secys who share an email address. THey eachmade an Outlook calendar > for themselves on their own laptop. However they say they can't ...

Help!!Getting audio files to play continuously during slide show?!
I have Powerpoint 2002, and i am having a hard time getting the music file to play continuously during the slide show. it plays on the first slide (which is the only slide that has the little speaker picture on it), but then it doesn't transition to the next slide until after the song is done, when i want the song to play while the slides are transitioning. HELP please! Mega, Have a look here and see if it helps, there are tuturials in video demonstrating the process. http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00047.htm -- Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "MegaB86" <MegaB86...

can't create item
can't create item, when i hit a link to e mail on a internet explorer . i get the error mesge .cant create item ...

Can I add a baseline value to a chart?
I have a chart that shows results of tests taken on different dates to show improvement. I need to add a baseline to the chart showing the Desired Result. From an earlier reply: You can add the lines to the chart by using extra data series. Here is a collection of examples. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Jeanine" <Jeanine@...

Event 5895 Error: Can't clean up the following tables: Activity
I have CRM 1.2 and I have applied rollup 2, but it didn't fix this problem. Any suggestions? Thank you very much. When I do the crmdeletionservice.exe -runonce, it gives med 3 possiblities. Usage. -Install -Remove -Console But I can se in the eventviewer that it is the activity table which is the problem. My only problem is that I don't know how to use the Query Analyzer. Thanks for you answer, I'm sure thats the sollution. Br Steen Hey again I didn't know it was that simple to use the query analyzer :-) I did just as you write in your guide, and it worked perfec...

getting addresses from 2000 to 2002
I am having trouble getting email addresses I added in outlook 2000 on a 98 box to outlook 2002 on an XP box. We are on an exchange server and for some reason when I added addresses to my address book they did not get saved on the exchange server. Now I can't see them on my XP box. Any ideas how I can get those addresses from my 98 box to my XP box?......thanks....Dave Where were the addresses being stored were they in the Mailbox Contact folder or were they in a PAB (Personal Address Book). "Dave" <dfinkenbinder@lextron-inc.com> wrote in message news:1bfe401c4217...

Can you program Excel to draw an asymptote?
I want to know if there is a way to get excel to put an asymptote on a chart if you already have a parabolic data set on the chart. My goal is to find to value of the asymptote for further analysis. I know I can fudge a straight line graph onto the chart but it is not meaningful without the true value. HELP!!! "csusbgirl07" <csusbgirl07@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6E51019A-7160-4A93-862F-A785BD2DBD3E@microsoft.com... > I want to know if there is a way to get excel to put an asymptote on a chart > if you already have a parabolic data set ...

Best Practices shows 114 GB Database Size limit
I just ran a best practices scan against my Exchange 2003 SP2 Server and it shows that the Mailbox limit is 114 GB. I though the limit was going to be 75 GB in SP2? The value data in the Database Size Limit in GB registry key is 72 hex. DO I have it configured wrong? SHould it read 114 GB in the best practices scan? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks -- jgarcia 72 Hex is 114 decimal...you need to set it correctly in your registry. "mrjules" <mrjules@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BD7A4CB-DFA0-4485-844F-3BE6A3A56ACE@microsoft.com... >I ju...

can I find merged cells?
I'm trying to sort and get the message "merged cells must be the same size". How can I 'find' the merged cells? David, here is a macro by Dave Peterson that will do it Sub Found_Merged_Cells() 'macro looks for merged cells 'By Dave Peterson Dim myCell As Range Dim resp As Long For Each myCell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Cells If myCell.MergeCells Then If myCell.Address = myCell.MergeArea(1).Address Then resp = MsgBox(prompt:="found: " _ & myCell.MergeArea.Addre...

Can Access 2007 analyze w/Excel?
I have installed Office 2007 and I am not able to locate the option to Analyze a report with Excel. I was able to do this with Access 2003 and it would put all the data from a report into an Excel file. How do I do this in Access 2007? I do not see the option anywhere after opening the report. Thanks, CEV I forgot to mention that when I have the report open, The export to Excel option is greyed out as is the sharepoint list option right next to it. Thanks, CEV "CEV" <chadv@advancebkg.com> wrote in message news:fg52n601iel@enews5.newsguy.com... >I have installed...

Can't read mail in reading pane of outlook 2007 if not in safe mode
Hi all! I have a problem since I installed the outlook 2007 beta 2. I receive mail as nice as possible, but when I want to read it, there is only the title, from whom and to whom data in reading pane. The mesage is, let's say "invisible" :) Anyone have the same prob? When I start outlook 2007 in safe mode, everything works OK. The only prob with safe mode is, that you always have to set the reading pane on and hide the big buttons.... We'll if anyone has a solution...I haven't find it... In the next week I will reinstall the system and see... maybe, just maybe I ...

can't re-call or re-schedule outlook meeting, appointment
Why can't I re-call appointment or meeting, I sent out? I can't even re-schedule it, reschedule button is greyed out. What settings I need to look at to enable re-schedule option, if not what is the purpose of reschedule button in Outlook 2003? MC ...

how do i get font style back on toolbar?
new to this...when i started my document the font style was displayed on toolbar...now it is not...what do i do and thanks to those who help!!!!!!1 Melissa, try view, toolbars, and check formatting -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "melissa" <melissa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:852099EC-03A0-4B0F-91AD-0B9F61CF8C4B@microsoft.com... > new to this...when i started my document the fon...