Can not get size of list width

For a form I am using ControlBoxField.ListWidth = 7.5 (or any other value)
but resizes the drop down list width to the width of the drop down box. The
help states that the value can not be less than the width of the control
box - being larger should be fine. Instead I have to use
ControlBoxField.ListWidth = 5000. The field for List Width under form (below
column widths and list rows) is still set to 7.5. So why the different
values required?

Thanks,
J.

0
Jason

Hi Jason,

I think you will find the values need to be in TWIPS (1440 = 1 inch I think)

--
RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

ruralguy
6/6/2010 9:56:13 PM
Thanks for that, I was wondering about that - it does not state that for
listwidth but did for something else. I'll try the formula 1440/2.54*7.5
(4251) but that seems too small as I am using 6000. It looks like 2032 or
thereabouts = 1".

"ruralguy via AccessMonster.com" <u12102@uwe> wrote in message
> Hi Jason,
>
> I think you will find the values need to be in TWIPS (1440 = 1 inch I
> think)
>
> Jason wrote:
>>For a form I am using ControlBoxField.ListWidth = 7.5 (or any other value)
>>but resizes the drop down list width to the width of the drop down box.
>>The
>>help states that the value can not be less than the width of the control
>>box - being larger should be fine. Instead I have to use
>>ControlBoxField.ListWidth = 6000. The field for List Width under form
>>(below
>>column widths and list rows) is still set to 7.5. So why the different
>>values required?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>J.
>
> --
> RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP WinXP Pro
> Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

Jason
6/6/2010 11:12:17 PM
Why are you dividing by 2.54? 1440*7.5 should be 7.5 inches.

--
RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

ruralguy
6/6/2010 11:26:04 PM
Jason wrote:
>Thanks for that, I was wondering about that - it does not state that for
>listwidth but did for something else. I'll try the formula 1440/2.54*7.5
>(4251) but that seems too small as I am using 6000. It looks like 2032 or
>thereabouts = 1".

It is definietly 1440 twips per inch.

I think your calculation would be correct for 7.5
centimeters, but maybe 7.5 centimeters is not wide enough.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
"Marshall Barton" <marshbarton@wowway.com> wrote in message
> Jason wrote:
>>Thanks for that, I was wondering about that - it does not state that for
>>listwidth but did for something else. I'll try the formula 1440/2.54*7.5
>>(4251) but that seems too small as I am using 6000. It looks like 2032 or
>>thereabouts = 1".
>

> It is definietly 1440 twips per inch.
>
> I think your calculation would be correct for 7.5
> centimeters, but maybe 7.5 centimeters is not wide enough.
>
> --
> Marsh
> MVP [MS Access]

0
Jason
6/7/2010 1:33:34 AM
Well, I can't see your form or list bos so I don't know what
to do about "seems too small".

How about just setting the ListWidth to the Width property?

Have you used breakpoints in the code to see what the Width
and before and after ListWidth values really are?

Warning: Do not edit any code while viewing a module in
breakpoint mode because it is likely to corrupt the form's
module.
--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Jason wrote:
>7.5cm is wide enough (can set it to that value (7.5) in the form control -
>The field for List Width on form design below column widths and list rows).

>"Marshall Barton" wrote in message
>> Jason wrote:
>>>Thanks for that, I was wondering about that - it does not state that for
>>>listwidth but did for something else. I'll try the formula 1440/2.54*7.5
>>>(4251) but that seems too small as I am using 6000. It looks like 2032 or
>>>thereabouts = 1".
>>

>> It is definietly 1440 twips per inch.
>>
>> I think your calculation would be correct for 7.5
>> centimeters, but maybe 7.5 centimeters is not wide enough.
0
Marshall

How to get ride off this warning ?
Hi: I have a string resource defined. I need to pass this string ID to another function like this: void foo (UINT string_id) { CString str ((LPCTSTR)string_id); } During comiling, got error at casting ((LPCTSTR)string_id. But it works fine. Just wonder, how to get ride off this warning? Thanks In Advance! Polaris use reinterpret_cast<LPCTSTR>(string_id) > Hi: > > I have a string resource defined. I need to pass this string ID to another > function like this: > > void foo (UINT string_id) > { > CString str ((LPCTSTR)string_id); > } > ...

How to get free traffic to your website
The facts you should know about making money online! Hi , my name is Ben Durandt. -Discover how to get 1 Million visitors without paying a dime in advertising! -Discover how a young 31 years old man just became a millionaire on the Internet... in weeks! He paid cash for a Porsche 911 Carrera convertible and a giant domain with private lake in only 28 days. More than 20,000 people have been raging on his website every day! ... Because he just revealed HOW to do it! Heck, go there TODAY and See what he has to say! Click here : http://www.freeadguru.com/cgi-bin/i.pl?c=a&i=34180 -...

Can't use Merge feature
If I have a postcard file I've already made on the screen, when I try to pull up the "Merge" feature under Tools, it is shaded grey and I can't open it. It insists that I either form a new database list of addresses or edit the one that I want to merge. I don't want to edit the one I want to merge. I just want to MERGE it. If, however, I have just a postcard template on the screen (without it having been made into anything), I CAN pull up the "merge" feature under Tools. It is not shaded out. How do I un-shade the "merge" feature? To merg...

Getting an Error when there is nothing to show
-- The bottom of my report which is a statement shows #Error when there is no Invoices to add up. Can I have it blank instead. this my text Box Control Source thanks for any Help....Bob =Reports!rptOwnerPaymentMethod!subChildOwnerInvoiceAmount!tbAmount.Value Try: =IIf([subChildOwnerInvoiceAmount].[HasData], [subChildOwnerInvoiceAmount].[tbAmount]) Explanation in: Bring the total from a subreport onto a main report at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-18.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.h...

Outlook 2003 Cant get to newsgroups
I dragged the NEWS icon from tools/customize/commands/go to the GO button on the tool bar. It worked fine then I got on a newsgroup and a posting that read "payback" multiple times. I didnot open the attachment. Next time I tryied to go to NEWS it was not there. How can I get newsgroup access back? Tryied reinstalling Outlook2003 and Office 2003 with no luck. Expect the answer to be in registry. Help please. I got the similar problem and got the fix. Here is what you need to do: - add the NEWS button under Go menu - accept Outlook Express is your default NEWS client - c...

I've got a formula for stones and pounds
Hello, I've got a column that displays a series of weights in stones & pounds (both in the one cell). How do I get a chart to recognise and display in the same format? Regards, mikelenno What is the format of the cells with stone & pounds It is best to enter such values a 10 3/14 and format the cells with # ??/14 best wishes from one who is INT(275,14) stone & MOD(250,14) lbs -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "mikelenno" <mikelenno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AD608FA-5367-4CED-AD76-1F54228EFDBA...

can you tell me what an error 920 is?
I'm trying to save a visio file out as a jpeg, or gif, or png. I keep getting the error with no explanation of what the error means - any help is appreciated You can go to the following link and it explains the issue you are having and how to fix it: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=295691 "Julie" wrote: > I'm trying to save a visio file out as a jpeg, or gif, or png. I keep > getting the error with no explanation of what the error means - any help is > appreciated > > > ...

can you see what i am writting?

How to get a macro to do what i want?
I have designed a form in Excel and the data that is inputted i want to be able to save in a separate worksheet. The problem i am having is that eveytime i record the macro, it over writes the same row each time (if that makes sense). For example if i copied every cell in the form and paste them into the database Row 1, i then want the new piece of information inputted into the form to go into Row 2 and then Row 3 etc.... But it keeps going into Row 1, it wouldnt move down the rows. Hopefully this makes sense to someone and someone can give me some advise. Calculate the last row ...

How can I choose alternate rows in a column?
My requirement is to be able to create a column whose elements consist of difference between adjacent elements in a column, say column A. If I can choose alternate elements and create 2 new columns then I can just subtract the 2 columns easily. Huh? "pnair" <pnair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D47AD012-084B-49C6-8672-5067E8455D9E@microsoft.com... > My requirement is to be able to create a column whose elements consist of > difference between adjacent elements in a column, say column A. If I can > choose alternate elements and create 2 new colum...

I get COMException while exporting chart on IIS 6.0.
I have this code that works perfectly on my development machine when I deployed it at customer site it gets exception. Here is the error and my code: thanks error ========== Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the c...

How do I fix this so I don't get an "Error 2015"
Dim x x = Application.CountIf("E5,E6000", "T13065") How do I fix this so I don't get an "Error 2015" Thanks, Rick Not tried it but I would think x=Application.Countif(Range("E5:E6000"),"T13065") Providing T13065 is a string you are counting. If it's a range reference x=Application.Countif(Range("E5:E6000"),Range("T13065")) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.ukANDTHIS www.nickhodge.co.uk "2D Rick" <rbrowniii@compuserve.com> wrote in m...

Conditional Formatting w/ a List/Icons
I am trying to allow someone to select "Green", "Yellow" or "Red" from a list and the cell to display a green/yellow/red icon appropriately. Or, if possible, the user could just select the icon (instead of selecting text). Is this possible? Use Data Validation for the list. Type in Red, Yellow, Green as the list. This give the user the list to select from. Use Conditional Formatting for the fill part. Set three conditions, If Cell Value-"Green" (select a green fill), etc.. -- If this helps, please remember to click yes. "...

Can't Stop External Hard Drive
I have a Western Digital 250 gb external hard drive connected via USB port. I am also running Outlook 2007, which I believe has a function searchindexer.exe that searches all my drives to index the files on them. I want to be able to unplug the drive without first turning off my computer. But I get messages saying that the drive can't be stopped. It used to be that if I stopped searchindexer.exe, I could stop the drive. But that's stopped working. Here are two questions: 1. What is preventing me from stopping the drive?; 2. What is the worst that can happe...

formula to get sheet name
hi, can a formula retreive a worksheet name or does it need to be macro based? thanks, N.S. Hi Nigel, This formula that takes care of the possible situation whereby you have only one sheet in the workbook and its name is the same as the workbook's. Note: CELL("filename") will only work if the file has been saved at least once and if the file is opened in a different language system, the argument "filename" will need to be changed manually to the corresponding word (e.g. in Spanish "nombrearchivo"): =LOOKUP(REPT("z",255),SUBSTITUTE(MID(CE...

Excel template that lists each month's meetings w/ some detail
I'm looking for an Excel template that lists every month of the year with room to list weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings, including some detail for each meeting. Probably would need to be landscape oriented. The main intent is to give the person using it an idea of upcoming meetings, the intent of each and what prep is required. ...