can I make access remember a last unbound number

I want to 'store' a number (which changes frequently) in an unbound text box,
but do not want it stored in any tables. Can this be done?

The number is used to reference a user start point, but I want it to still
be there when the database is reopened.

"efandango" <efandango@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to 'store' a number (which changes frequently) in an unbound text
>box,
> but do not want it stored in any tables. Can this be done?
>
> The number is used to reference a user start point, but I want it to still
> be there when the database is reopened.

It's *possible* to store it in a database or form property, but it's
probably easier to store it in a table.  Then you can use a simple DLookup
to get it from the table when the form is opened.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk

Export or Print multiple reports from one Access Report by Group
I have a sales report that is grouped by Salesperson. Each salesperson has multiple pages of the report and I need to either print it or export it to PDF as individual reports for each salesperson. Is there a way to export/print the report into seperate reports for each Salesperson? Thanks. I am pretty new to Access, but I have figured out how to get the report in the structure I want it. I just can't get the information out of the program in the format. I can print as one PDF document and then go and cut that up in Adobe, but I wanted to see if Access could do it for me and save ...

Make stair columns
Hi..there If you have any clue, please help me out. I have the values in A column below A B C D E F G H I J K L But I wold like to get: A B D C E G F H J I K L Thank you. How about a macro: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim DestCell As Range Dim myStep As Long Dim LastRow As Long Dim FirstRow As Long Dim iRow As Long myStep = 3 With Worksheets("sheet1") FirstRow = 1 LastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row Set DestCell = .Range("a1") For iRow = FirstRow + myStep ...

Extract 5 digit number from a column
I am trying to extract a 5 digit number from a comments field. The comments field has no formatting, and the 5 digit number may appear anywhere within the string, here are some examples: 20752-felsen Insurance Services, Denville, Nj **bc Received Confirm/mailed Approval To Pc 8/3**bc #24166-baily Special Risk How can I extract this 5 digit number and output it into a column? Your samples show a dash following the 5 digits so if this holds true then use this -- Right(Left([YourField], InStr([YourField],"-")-1),5) -- Build a little, test a little. &quo...

characters around numbers
I'm trying to add bracket characters around numbers without altering the number. E.g. a cell contains the number 20, but I want the cell to display (20). But when I type in the brackets and press enter, the number becomes -20. How can I get round this and keep the bracket characters intact? Also i want to do calculations on the numbers e.g. a cell contains (20), another cell contains (5), and i want a third cell to display the sum of the two numbers with bracket characters around the answer i.e. (25). Is it possible to do this? Many thanks for any help P.S. I've found the help ...

Can't re-enable microphone array
Folks- I run run Vista Home Premium SP2 on a Dell XPS M1730 with built in microphones(2). I inadvertantly disabled the Sigmatel Hi Def Audio microphones from: CONTROL-PANEL\SOUND\RECORDING\CONFIGURE I expected the microphone array would appear with a CONFIGURE option to enable it...but it no longer appears under RECORDING and I can't figure out how to get it back. Any suggestions? Thanks. -Gary ...

Making calls through CRM
Can I make calls to customers through CRM? The purpose of this is to automatically log or record the duration of the calls within the CRM system attached to the contact. I have been told that this capability is available in outlook, someone please let me know if and how I can do this within CRM. Thanks in Advance, -- Angie Cravens, CRM Rep You will need 2 things; 1. A TAPI compliant phone system, such as a 3com NBX unit or one of the many other newer phone systems. The TSP included will most likely give you the ability to start a phone call by clicking on a button in Outlook, b...

Can I make a row "float"?
I would like to make a row float. So if I scroll down to row 211 or whatever, I will have one row tha will always be on top no matter how far down I scroll. Thanks in advance. dvcrogers@sbcglobal.ne -- dvcroger ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dvcrogers's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3262 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52413 Say you want row 4 to freeze Select row 4, then go to window and freez -- davesexce --------------------------------------------------------...

Make lists on new tab from previous tab
I'm sure this is somewhere out on the net, but I can't find it. How do I create a list on a new tab, from a list of values that were imported into the workbook? Tab 1 Name,acct#,group John Doe,6676,rc10 Jane Smith,6782,rc10 John Hopkins,2342,tj21 Jane Doe, 6980,ut41 What I want to do is separate the list by group to their respective tabs. Tab rc10 Tab tj21 Tab ut41 Thanks Tab? Worksheets have tabs. Perhaps you're referring to creating a list on a new worksheet? Tyro "JMac" <mcdowdjr@gmail.com> wrote in message news:4e0e249c-25d8-48f9-a48c-245a339ceb12@z17g...

how do you make a line of a chart change color halfway through?
How could you change the color of a line in a line chart so that at some point on the graph the line changes color? Say like the line chart shows data over the months of a year but at month July, the line on the chart changes from blue to green and is green the rest of the months. I am asking about 1 line being two colors. Hi, You could format each segment of the line. Select the series and then use the Right cursor to move through the segments. Note if you only have 1 series changing a section of the series will cause the legend to report each segment. The other way is to use multip...

Can't send mail after Win2003 SP1 ?
All- After some testing in our labs, we decided to upgrade all production Exchange 2003 servers to Windows Server 2003 SP1. The upgrade went OK, but we did notice one anomaly: Our users who connect via IMAP can no longer send messages. They get an NDR to the effect of " ... you cannot relay for this address" whenever they try to send to external addresses. However, all Outlook 2003 connected users can work just fine and send messages to anyone they want. We checked and re-checked the settings, but nothing seems to help. Anyone else seen this? Hints? Jake Update: To fur...

How can I insert the degree sign with F after it as a shortcut?
I know how to insert the degree sign but can I put in a degree sign with the F after it in a short keyboard stroke or two? You could make it an automatic text entry of various types (AutoText, AutoCorrect, AutoComplete As You Type, depending on your version of Word), or you could assign a keyboard shortcut to the degree sign in the Insert Symbol panel and then type the F. On Nov 26, 3:42=A0pm, Sharrietta <Sharrie...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I know how to insert the degree sign but can I put in a degree sign with = the > F after it in a short keyboard stroke...

How to change page number font/color
I have inserted page numbers into a 30-page document using the Insert command. How may I change the font size and color of the numbers. Ideally I'd like to create a number with a line above it. cuig wrote: > I have inserted page numbers into a 30-page document using the Insert > command. How may I change the font size and color of the numbers. Ideally > I'd like to create a number with a line above it. You can change the format of your page numbers just like the format of any other text. Ctrl+M to get to your master page, select the number, then change the font...

maximum number of rows that can be coppied to clipboard
is there a maximum number of rows that can be copied to clipboard from a table? using access 2002 on XP, Roland wrote: > is there a maximum number of rows that can be copied to clipboard from a > table? using access 2002 on XP, I have Access 2003 when I tried to copy a table with 70,000 records it said the limit was about 65,000. gls858 65536 -- Regards - Andy Wiggins FCCA www.BygSoftware.com Excel, Access and VBA Consultancy "Roland" <Roland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF98F875-56C6-4C22-8695-D8CFBE47D12E@microsoft.com... > is there a...

my switchboard prevents me making changes to the database
the database opens with a switchboard screen and doesn't provide access to all the database tools so I can make changes, open tables, etc. In Access 2000 and 2002 you would hold down the control or shift key when you opened the database and it turned off the switchboard control features to open normally. I'm using Office 2003. Is there a similar key to press and hold when you open a database to turn the switchboard feature off? Thanks! Holding down the shift key works exactly the same in Access 2003 as in previous versions. If it's not working for you, perhaps someone set ...

Can I prevent a spreadsheet from being copied?
I'm going to publish a retirement nest egg calculator to the web and want to know if I can prevent buyers from copying it, or if I can restrict them to being only able to use it on one computer. I plan to supply any purcashed copies by email. Thanks, George Forbes Hi George This needs a lot of creative, part evil, VBA programming, and you must ensure that macros are enabled for the file to work. Very complicated. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Nest Egg George" <Nest Egg George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8BA275E-BCE9-4748-85B2-1A0199...

can't restore mailbox
Hello, I am running Exchange 2003 and need to restore a single users mailbox who no longer has an account/mailbox in Active Directory (there account was deleted a few months ago). I was able to get as far as restoring and mounting the datastore that has the users mailbox, but when I try using the 'recover mailbox data' option in the exchange tasks, I get this error: The information store could not be opened. The logon to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer failed. MAPI 1.0 ID no: 80040111-0286-00000000 . I see the mailbox I want to restore and everything, I just can'...

Can't see existing table in Design view for a QBE
Hi Guys, I can't see a table in QBE even when I have the scroll bar as far left as I possibly can. I have joineed another table to the query and I can see the relationship link but am unable to scroll left to view the table. Does anyone know how to fix this?? Many thanks in advance, Cheers, On Tue, 18 May 2010 17:35:01 -0700, DontKnow <DontKnow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi Guys, > >I can't see a table in QBE even when I have the scroll bar as far left as I >possibly can. I have joineed another table to the query and I can see the ...

Can't use MS-Money with Bank of America???????????
I've used Quicken for a while and am using Quicken2003. I've just gave the new MS-Money2004 trial version a try and I like it better, so I was going to switch...... Until I discovered that Bank of America does not support MS-Money, only Quicken. That sounds crazy to me, but apparently this is the case. If I want to switch from Quicken to MS-Money I will loose the ability to download bank transactions automatically and must use the old fashioned manual download statement method. Does anyone know why a bank as large as Bank America doesn't support MS-Money? Does anyone...

Money 2004 oddity with downloaded Schwab Access transactions
I've been using Money 99-2003 with a Schwab Access (checking) account since 1999 with no problems online, download only. After installing 2004, when I finish accepting online transactions and Money goes back to the Download Report screen, the Local Balance column for the account starts with this massive negative number then starts counting down (well, up actually) to *close* to the actual amount, then the MOney 2004 screen goes totally white for 15 seconds or so. The download report reappears and all is ok. I've run both level 1 and level 2 salvages. Anyone else seeing this? -- _____...

Can I record a macro
....or do I have to write code manually? If so - how is that done? I think with Visio 2003, you can! Unfortunately, with Visio 2002 (which I have), this is not possible. Lana wrote: > ...or do I have to write code manually? > > If so - how is that done? > > Macro recording was introduced with Visio 2003. If you do not have Visio 2003, you can post a request to the newsgroups for someone to run the macro recorder and post the results. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA...

Convert numbers that have hidden Quotation Mark Embedded
Every month I work with a worksheet sent to me from another program. The numbers look like these: Amount $44,000.00 $90,000.00 $115,000.00 $24,000.00 I tried coverting them to nubmers by first using =value() formula, that doesn't work; I tried by formatting the cell to numbers, that doesn't work; I tried using text data to column and that doesn't work neither. I ended up having to first hit F2 to call up the numbers in each cell, then backspace the cell 3 times and that method works. However, it's time consuming. Anyone has a better idea? Pleas...

Movie Maker is making my hair fall out please help
I have searched through the threads to see if I can find help but no luck. I have a year of small home video clips all Avi. I imported them to windows movie maker and made a story board. I can watch the movie. When I hit publish to dvd it takes me to windows dvd movie maker. I hit burn. The latest video which works in a dvd player only did the first three frames then the whole dvd was black with no sound. I did a windows update today, still the same I have also tried to publish the movie to my computer it always crashes. I do not have an option to save as and place it elsewher...

OWA Access through Different Domain password
I have two domians lets call them DOMAIN1 and EXCHANGE All the user logon to their XP clients authenticating from DOMAIN1. Exchnage Server 03 SP2 is running on Windows 03 in a different domain EXCHANGE Both the domains have a trust relationship. The way this is setup is I have created similar users in both the Active Directories and given Full Mailbox Access to user DUMMY in DOMAIN1 on DUMMY in EXCHANGE. This way when the user login to their XP they don't have to authenticate again for Exchange, just like the way its suppose to be. Now I have this issues with this setup. In order t...

Can't open any .exe files
If I click on any programs it pops up and tells me that there is no association. I know how to association a file extension normally. If I click on Excel it gives me the error. Yet if I click on an Excel file then it will open the file. If I click on Notepad gives me the association error yet again if I click on a file saved in Notepad it opens that file. I tried to run System Restore but I get the same error. The exact error message is : This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this Acton. Create an association in the Folder Options control Pane...

MS Office Outlook Web Access for Exchange server 2003
We have just updated exchange and since this changes the way Outlook Web Access appears, I am trying to find on the Microsoft web page any documenation that is written for the client side of this application that would explain what the screens look like, what each button does, what each folder is, etc etc. Basically, we are going to provide OWA training soon and a non-technical (baby step) document would be helpful if it exists rather than having to create it from scratch. Does anyone know where I can find this? ...