Call a word doc

Currently I am using our DB to track bids to general contractors for building
materials. Each bid proposal is prepared in MS Word. Is there a way to call a
Word doc for reference only within a form, for example using a button? The
proposal could be either a .doc or .pdf that could be reprinted or viewed
from Access...

kathrynwoning

Whoops, that was not complete.

Each bid has its own word file. So when I click a button I need to be able to
define the file name. We use a bid number formatted like: YYMMDD-00. The
button click will have to refer to the field "bidNumbr" to open the file
which has that number as its file name.

kathrynwoning wrote:
>Currently I am using our DB to track bids to general contractors for building
>materials. Each bid proposal is prepared in MS Word. Is there a way to call a
>Word doc for reference only within a form, for example using a button? The
>proposal could be either a .doc or .pdf that could be reprinted or viewed
>from Access...

kathrynwoning

What is this type of control called?
Hello, I am creating a dialog based application. I am new to programming in windows. I am using Visual Studio 2003 .NET. While designing the layout of my app, i would like to use a control but I don't know what its called. It is like a list box, but has multiple columns. Each column has header at the top in which when you click it, it sorts all the items by that characeteristic. It resembles the Windows Explorer application when you click on view->details. I hope this makes sense. And in the future, is there a place that I could go to find all the useful controls that can be used...

word document saves as .lnk
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am having problems with submitting word documents to a blackboard assignment box - the problem is only with this one course, so I think the folder in which I keep the documents may be the cause. I have re-saved documents into different areas with different names, I have made new folders and deleted the old and that's about it. <br><br>My word document has a .doc association but, professor sees it as a .lnk If I open the attachment, it does send me to a blank web page. I know it is linked to a shor...

Word Save Problem Since Snow Leopard Upgrade

Cell Counting? Is that what you call it?
I have a cell in a column B1: MJTB1001 I need to paste to approximately 235 new rows in the column B1 as follows MJTB2002 MJTB3003 MJTB4004... etc. What formula should I use to accomplish this task? Also I have the cell MJTB2044 and I need to make 235 new cells in column to fit like this... MJTB2044 MJTB3044 MJTB4044 MJTB5044 ... etc... until the middle B5=B235 etc... Thank you. Sounds as though you're talking about Excel. This newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off repo...

Adding User Error (Call to IADsGroup::Add failed)
When trying to add a user from within the crm web UI, I get an error (Call to IADsGroup::Add failed). I'm guessing this has something to do with security permissions but I'm not certain which ones I'm missing. I'm running v3.0 of CRM on a Windows Server 2003 box with Exchange and SQL 2005 all on the same box. Has anyone experienced this problem before? Thanks in advance, Charles I'd guess from the error message that the problem is with adding the AD user account to either of the Active Directory security groups SQLAccessGroup or ReportingGroup, which will be sol...

Attachments sent as .doc
Outlook 2003. Meeting minutes sent out as .doc attachments, we have a recipient who receives the attachments as zip files. What can cause this to happen? Only 1 recipient? Then this recipient could have a compressing utility installed which zips incoming attachments. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message ...

Keyboard won't work in Word!
Last week, the keyboard simply stopped inputing into Word documents, old, or new. I can use mouse command to cut and paste, insert a cursor point, but when I type, NOTHING. I was using Word X on my G5. Nothing had changed to my knowledge. I did re-boots and reinstalls. I removed every Microsoft preference, plist from my library, bought a new copy and reinstalled. Even with the new copy, I cannot enter text using the keyboard. This problem is specific to Word. I can use the keyboard for all my other applications, including the other products in the office suite. Has ANYONE heard of this ...

Formatting paragraphs in Word 2007 Multilevel lists
I'm using Word 2007, SP2. Without the list applied, the paragraph style is what I selected with a 6pt space before and after each paragraph. When I apply a multilevel list, the style is not what I wanted, and the inter-paragraph spacing disappears. I went into define a new list style and correcetd the style to give a hanging indent, but under format, "paragraph" is muted and not available to edit. How do I restore the inter-paragraph spacing? Thank you for any suggestions you can offer. Larry Modify the List Paragraph style, clearing the check box fo...

Invalid dynamic link call to a .DLL file?
When I open a Word, Excell or any file from an e-mail attachment I get this message: PROGRAM ERROR: Your program is making an invalid dynamic link call to a .DLL file. Why does it do this! ...

call unicode dll from non unicode app
Hi, We are in begin of changing our app to unicode. There is VC++ 2008 projects (exe, dll, OLE dll, ocx) There is some old dll what was first converted (to unicode) and we found that call them from a non unicode application, strings remain on 1 byte. In parameters LPCTSTR declared. As I see OLE dlls working good it this case. We have only one way to use them mixed? (to make ...u.dll or ...ud.dll for unicode app and remain nonunicode ....dll for old app as MFC dlls) Regards, Imre You will typically have to explicitly convert your Unicode strings to 8-bit characters to pass t...

How do you delete documents from Word?
I went into My Documents and Deleted the documents, but when I open Word the Documents are still there! However, when I click on the document, it says the path is invalid and nothing is displayed! Help! Debbie wrote: > I went into My Documents and Deleted the documents, but when I open > Word the Documents are still there! However, when I click on the > document, it says the path is invalid and nothing is displayed! > Help! And you're posting this in an Outlook group because...? > > However, when I click on the document... You are clicking on the file name at the...

Word crashes when I do a find or replace
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Does anyone know what I can do about MS Word crashing when I do a find or replace in a document? It happens constantly. The interesting thing is that is doesn't occur every single time I do find/replace but the SECOND time I use the feature. The only way I can manage to avoid the crash is to do find/replace, then exit out of the dialog box, and then open it up again. If I do a find/replace once and then continue using the same dialog box, Word crashes. Also, find/replace doesn't work most of the time. In other w...

How to insert an Excel landscape document into a portrait Word doc
I have a Word document in portrait style and need to insert an Excel Spreadsheet which is in landscape. Is that possible? Please clarify. Landscape and Portrait are simply print orientation in whichever document is being printed. Are you inserting a complete workbook into Word? Are you inserting a range from a worksheet into Word? Maybe you need two separate print jobs? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 11 May 2010 15:57:01 -0700, Heidi <Heidi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a Word document in portrait style and need to insert an Excel >Spr...

Dots in my printed word document
I have a document with four paragraphs on it. Inbetween paragraphs two and three are a series of small dots that only show up when I print - they are not visible on my screen. This is not a printer problem - I have tried three different ones. The small dots do not show up between any other paragraph. I've cut and pasted the text to a new word document and when I print, the little dots are still there. Again, they are invisible on the screen. Any ideas? Do you see them if you increase your Zoom way up? It's likely that they're a Border on the bottom of para. 2...

Word 10.1.4
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3159179271_4268422 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit NO SPELL OR GRAMMAR CHECK I have a question for you folks. I use Office X 10.1.4, specifically, Word and Entourage. Just recently I noticed that Word DOES NOT check spelling. Entourage still checks the spelling just fine. I've spent about two hours troubleshooting, checking file paths, knowledge bases, newsgroups etc. To test, I intent...

Outlook 2003 can not use my Office 2002 word
I'm currently using Office 2002 on my WINXP and only upgraded my Outlook to 2003. In my previous version of Outlook I used Word as my e-mail editor. Outlook 2003 will not allow me to use my Office 2002 Word as my e-mail editor. If there a configuration mod that I can use to use my 2002 word? Thanks, DavidICQ No. Versions must match. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "DavidICQ" <david@dmcsystems.net> wrote in message news:_okwb.22701$y9.2278@twister.socal.rr.com... > I'm currently using Office 2002 on my WINXP and only upgraded my Outlook to > 2003. In my pr...

Unable to change Assistant in Word 2003 04-10-10
HI - I'm running MS Word 2003 on a Vista Home Premium machine, which came pre-installed with a copy of Office 2007. When attempting to change the assistant, I receive the error "There is not enough memory available to complete this operation." My system usually has about 40% of its 2 GB RAM free. Please advise. Tony ...

qoutes to word???
Hi there, i am a newbie to ms crm 1.2 german version. We installed it in combination with outlook2003 and office2003. I want the crm to export a quote to Word2003. But it's not possible because there ' s no button to do so. In the contacts I can write a template-based letter, but not in the section where I can calculate offers. Why is it so and how can I "work around". Thanks Soeren I would write an ASPX page which accepts the oId value of the Quote and then looks up the values and generates the quote information in Word. Actually, it would probably be easier to ...

Word document attachments
When a user sends an email using Outlook 2002 with a Word 97 attachment, the attachment is scrubbed from the message and appears to become part of the body of the message.The message is sent through a Exchange 2000 server. Other users on the same lan are able to send the message to the same recipient with no difficulties. The recipient is using Outlook Express 6.0 ...

How do you save something as a doc file?
I am trying to save scores and it is telling me to save as a doc. file, though I can't seem to figure it out. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you Vanessa <Vanessa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to save scores and it is telling me to save as a doc. > file, though I can't seem to figure it out. Does anyone have any > suggestions? What does this have to do with Outlook? -- Brian Tillman Well Brian its it Outlook where I had mail sent to me and it said to save as a doc. file. Considering it came in my outlook mail that would make it a ou...

Missing Microsoft Word 10.0 Object Library
This happens when anyone opens my file created in Excel 2000 with Excel XP instead. My file creates a word doc from excel. How can I modify my code below to make it able to differentiate between Microsoft Word 9.0 Object Library and the 10.0 Object Library Dim wrd As Word.Application Use late binding Dim wrd As Object Set wrd = CreateObject("Word.Application") -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "LI" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Word 2007 Doc Prints Only One Page at a Time
I have a group of Word documents that I use on a quarterly basis for reporting purposes. I "save as" a new document each quarter and edit as necessary. About a year ago all of these documents (22 of them) began to print one page at a time with a pause of 10-15 seconds in between each page. This only happens on my office printer, if I change to a different printer in the building, they print just fine. It is only this group of documents that is an issue, it never happens with any other Word document. It doesn't seem to matter that the file names and locations ch...

MDI Doc/View
I have an MFC MDI Doc/View Application, using only one document type, but with different views. That is working fine. The way I do it now is to define a separate menu for all views in the resource editor. That's fine (apart from some copy & paste) for most menus but when I add a new menu entry at runtime it only get's connected to the active view. Is it best to: a) add the new entry in a loop for all viewtypes? And if so, what when you need to update the runtime-entries? b) share only one menu between the views? And if so, how do you do that? And if you do that, will a new menu ...

Microsoft Office Word has stopped working 02-03-10
Please help find a fix - Using Microsoft 7 on new Dell XPS 9000 super fast computer...Often when I try to open a Word Doc or start a new one I get "Microsoft Office Word has stopped working; Microsoft is checking for a soluttion" message and later a red circle with a white X "There was a problem sending the command to the program." Sometimes everything works fine, more often it doesn't. Sometimes if I double click I can open a document; sometimes I need to click and then click OPEN to get to the doc and sometimes neither works. I've tried reinstalling....

Word Email Attach Problem
I use Word 2002 for my email editing. Until 2 weeks ago when I attached a file it appeared on a line under the subject. Now when I attach a file the file icon appears in the body of the message. Also when my addressees open the message in its own window they cannot open the attachments.They get a message that the source file cannot be found. They can open the attachments in the view pane of the Inbox window. How can I fix this so the attachments are listed on a line under the subject and can be opened in the message window? Change your message format. RTF will always place the atta...