Calendar and Calculator Controls

Ladies and Gents

I am trying to gain acces to calendar and calculator controls which
are not access version specific as my program is to run on different
versions of access.

Any ideas or pointers?

Regards

Tom
0
Tom

Tom wrote:
>Ladies and Gents
>
>I am trying to gain acces to calendar and calculator controls which
>are not access version specific as my program is to run on different
>versions of access.
>
>Any ideas or pointers?
>
>Regards
>
>Tom

Calendar - I would check around on the internet... I think Stephen Lebans
wrote one.  I know there was one in one of the old Access Developer Handbooks.
..  are you trying to use them to capture a value, or what are you using them
for?

PieterLinden
5/29/2010 2:20:15 AM
This one has, with conversion to the current format worked in every version
of Access since it was written in 1994:

http://www.datastrat.com/Download/Calendar2K.zip

The particular one above works in versions Access 2000 through 2010. An
Access 97 version is on the datastrat website (below), or you can convert
this one back to version 97.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"Tom" <tomw@trwaviation.com.au> wrote in message
> Ladies and Gents
>
> I am trying to gain acces to calendar and calculator controls which
> are not access version specific as my program is to run on different
> versions of access.
>
> Any ideas or pointers?
>
> Regards
>
> Tom

0
Arvin
5/29/2010 3:32:57 AM
Jeff Conrad has a lengthy list of Access Calendars..

http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/calendars.html

"Tom" <tomw@trwaviation.com.au> wrote in message
> Ladies and Gents
>
> I am trying to gain acces to calendar and calculator controls which
> are not access version specific as my program is to run on different
> versions of access.
>
> Any ideas or pointers?
>
> Regards
>
> Tom

0
Mike
5/29/2010 11:31:26 AM
With regard to calendars I have tried a great many and I still say use either
Allen Brownes or Stephen Lebans.  They are easy to setup and reliable!  For a
little more info and links to each of them see:

http://www.devhut.net/index.php?lang=en&pid=0000000004#datepick

As for calculators, google will once again not let you down.

http://www.datastrat.com/Download/popCalc.zip
http://www.byerley.net/Access2kCalcDemo.zip

A good tutorial on how you can make your own, it really isn't difficult, can
be found at http://www.msaccess-skillbuildit.com/msaccess-project1.html  A
great way to learn!
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel Pineault
http://www.cardaconsultants.com/

"Tom" wrote:

> Ladies and Gents
>
> I am trying to gain acces to calendar and calculator controls which
> are not access version specific as my program is to run on different
> versions of access.
>
> Any ideas or pointers?
>
> Regards
>
> Tom
> .

For the calculators, I found the MVP site, another great resource.

http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/downloads.htm (general page)
http://www.mvps.org/access/downloads/calc.zip (direct download)
--

On May 29, 12:20=A0pm, "PieterLinden via AccessMonster.com" <u49887@uwe>
wrote:
> Tom wrote:
> >Ladies and Gents
>
> >I am trying to gain acces to calendar and calculator controls which
> >are not access version specific as my program is to run on different
> >versions of access.
>
> >Any ideas or pointers?
>
> >Regards
>
> >Tom
>
> Calendar - I would check around on the internet... I think Stephen Lebans
> wrote one. =A0I know there was one in one of the old Access Developer Han=
dbooks.
> . =A0are you trying to use them to capture a value, or what are you using=
 them
> for?

ms.aspx/access-formscoding/201005/1

Pieter
Thanks for replying
They both will be used to quickly enter details into text boxes on
forms
Regards
0
Tom
5/29/2010 11:18:06 PM
On May 29, 10:46=A0pm, Daniel Pineault
<DanielPinea...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> For the calculators, I found the MVP site, another great resource.
>
> http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/downloads.htm(general page)http://ww=
w.mvps.org/access/downloads/calc.zip(direct download)
> --
> Hope this helps,
>
> Daniel Pineaulthttp://www.cardaconsultants.com/
> For Access Tips and Examples:http://www.devhut.net
> Please rate this post using the vote buttons if it was helpful.
>

> "Daniel Pineault" wrote:
> > With regard to calendars I have tried a great many and I still say use =
either
> > Allen Brownes or Stephen Lebans. =A0They are easy to setup and reliable=
! =A0For a
> > little more info and links to each of them see:
>
> >http://www.devhut.net/index.php?lang=3Den&pid=3D0000000004#datepick
>
> > As for calculators, google will once again not let you down.
>
> >http://www.datastrat.com/Download/popCalc.zip
> >http://www.byerley.net/Access2kCalcDemo.zip
>
> > A good tutorial on how you can make your own, it really isn't difficult=
, can
> > be found athttp://www.msaccess-skillbuildit.com/msaccess-project1.html=
=A0A
> > great way to learn!
> > --
> > Hope this helps,
>
> > Daniel Pineault
> >http://www.cardaconsultants.com/
> > For Access Tips and Examples:http://www.devhut.net
> > Please rate this post using the vote buttons if it was helpful.
>
> > "Tom" wrote:
>
> > > Ladies and Gents
>
> > > I am trying to gain acces to calendar and calculator controls which
> > > are not access version specific as my program is to run on different
> > > versions of access.
>
> > > Any ideas or pointers?
>
> > > Regards
>
> > > Tom

Thank you everyone for replying

Regards Tom
0
Tom
5/29/2010 11:19:39 PM
Then use this one. Quick, easy, convertable to any format and requires no
external files.

On May 29, 12:20 pm, "PieterLinden via AccessMonster.com" <u49887@uwe>
wrote:
> Tom wrote:
> >Ladies and Gents
>
> >I am trying to gain acces to calendar and calculator controls which
> >are not access version specific as my program is to run on different
> >versions of access.
>
> >Any ideas or pointers?
>
> >Regards
>
> >Tom
>
> Calendar - I would check around on the internet... I think Stephen Lebans
> wrote one. I know there was one in one of the old Access Developer
> Handbooks.
> . are you trying to use them to capture a value, or what are you using
> them
> for?

Pieter
Thanks for replying
They both will be used to quickly enter details into text boxes on
forms
Regards

0
Arvin

Time Calculation #3

Right Mouse Click Calculation Feature
Hello, At work I am able to right-click down at the right bottom of my Excel screen and see the sum of a range of numbers. I cannot figure out how to activate this feature on my home computer. Can anyone help me? Thanks, John Go 'View' on the Toolbar on the top left, 'Toolbars' , Check 'Status Bar' Regards, "John M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:185201c4a413$5c0ce7a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > At work I am able to right-click down at the right bottom > of my Excel screen and see the sum of a range ...

Exporting Windows calendar to Office Outlook
I would like to export my windows calendar to outlook on another computer that is on Windows 7 which has no windows calendar. I tried the import/export function but it did not do a complete job, somewhat only partially. What am I doing incorrectly? "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C33E5A0-14D5-4A9B-8226-FBB1A6AF8058@microsoft.com... >I would like to export my windows calendar to outlook on another computer > that is on Windows 7 which has no windows calendar. I tried the > import/export > function but it did not do a comple...

Enter Key Jump controls
Hello. I have a Dialog and several Edit Box. when i press control Key my program stops. I'd like to press enter key and jump to the next edit box or another control. Any help?? >when i press control Key my program stops I am not sure why this is happening? You could add PreTranslateMessage(MSG* pMsg) to the Dialog Then change the keys, or move to some other control, or do whatever you want to do. I'm not sure if you have to do this to each control, or just the dialog in general. From experience, I would not change the default behavior, such as tab moves to the next control Whe...

How do I associate task list with another calendar?
I have an extensive task list that shows in one calendar view. I would like it to show in another. Can I associate it, or does it have to all be reentered? "holyharvester" <holyharvester@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A0249B2-3A52-43ED-9509-E65851724BD9@microsoft.com... >I have an extensive task list that shows in one calendar view. I would like > it to show in another. Can I associate it, or does it have to all be > reentered? You first: state your Outlook version. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Only the default task list dis...

How to transparent editbox control works correctly...
Hi i am working on an application where i have dialog based application. On dialog there is a picture control which displays a picture. Now i want to put an edit box. Text box string is current time which i am getting from OnTimer handler. i want that editbox control should be transparent except text in it. for this i have work with following code and get succeed in OnCtlHandler of dialog if(pWnd->GetDlgCtrlID() == IDC_EDT_Isha) { pDC->SetBkMode(TRANSPARENT); hbr = (HBRUSH)GetStockObject(NULL_BRUSH); } it makes the backgound tranparent but when the value of the edit box change...

Outlook 2000 Multi-Calendar Viewer
Did Outlook 2000 Multi-Calendar Viewer works with Outlook XP? Did Outlook 2000 Multi-Calendar Viewer works with Calendar that created in Public Folders? Thanks Guy I seem to remember I was using with Outlook XP way back in the day without problems. I do not think, however, it would work with Public Folder Calendars. Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of Office XP here at the office I can test with at the moment. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! &...

Outlook 2007 Calendar question.
I want to set up a rule when a meeting request comes in it will automatically color code it to a color that I choose if there is writing in the message part of the meeting request. This would be helpful if someone has typed more information in the meeting request other then the subject. I’ve looked under automatic formatting and don’t see anything under the advanced section. That would allow me to do this. ...

Outlook shared calendar
Hi, I've got exchange enterprise running for about 40 users. A common problem we have is that some users will double book the meeting / boardrooms in the shared calendar. Even though these users see there an existing appointment in the time slot, they go ahead and add their own appointments to that time slot anyway. Is there anyway within outlook / exchange possibly using custom forms to disable the ability to add an appointment to a time slot if an appointment already exists, thereby securing that time slot and disabling the ability for anyone else to edit it other then the owner. A...

Trying to develop a shipping calculator to compare courier rates
I'm trying to develop a shipping calculator to compare courier rates. User enters rates, and excel sheet calculates comparisons based on user defined weight, # of items, destination and origin. You mean the user has to enter in rate tables for each carrier at the resolution of weight, destination, and origin. (and possibly number of items). I suspect the user would prefer to call the carrier and ask them to quote a rate, then select the lowest or if they have that information, just run their finger down the paper table and figure out which is cheapest. Usually the selling point of thi...

Sharing Calendars
When sharing a calendar... I must do it from the Office Tools > Options > Delegates dialogues instead of simply clicking on Share my calendar in the Navigation Pane as my colleagues are able to do. Have I missed a setting of some sort. When I click on Share my calendar.... a dialogue box opens with four tabs. "General" "Home Page" "AutoArchive""Synchoronization" I do not see what my colleagues see... which is a tab that includes "Permissions Can anyone enlighten me on what Frieght Train sized option I've overlooked in my search to co...

Updating task list in calendar view
I have just recently begun using Outlook, so please forgive the newbie question. Whenever I get a daily calendar view with the task pane on the right, the task list includes all tasks, current and future. I can configure the Outlook Today window to just current tasks and I know that there has to be a way to do the same thing with the calendar view. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks, Charles right click on the task list and change the view. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual...

Resource Calendars
I have downloaded and implemented the Microsoft AutoAccept agent. Everything is working fine except that when a meeting is cancelled, the agent does not remove the meeting from the calendar. It simply replaces the entry with a "Cancelled Meeting" entry and makes the time free again. Is there anyway of automatically removing those entries? We print of the calendars of the conference rooms every day and don't want the "Cancelled Meeting" entries to fill up the print out. On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 17:08:19 -0700, "Paul Goldman" <paulgoldman1948@hotmail.com...

Financial Calculation across sheets
Need some help with a formula. Sheet1; A1=$2200 A2=$150.00 A3= $1800 A4=SUM(A1:A3) answer is $4150 Sheet2; A1=1029514 A2=2663427 A3=(A1/A2) answer is rounded two two decimal places (.39) Sheet3; A1=SUM(Sheet1!A4/(1-(Sheet2!A3+.1))) answer comes out $8082.38 Equation should calculate $8137.25 =4150/(1-(.39+.1) How do I get this to calculate. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Hi Dave: The problem is the .39 You have adjusted the display to present .39, but the value Excel is using is 0.386537345 In Sheet2,A3 use =ROUND(A1/A2,2) -- Gary's Student "Dave Keister"...

viewing another users calendar
Hi All, When attempting to view one certain users calendar the message "unable to display the folder. the calendar folder could not be found" is displayed, this is also the same for the inbox etc. This is only happening for one user. All other users can view this calendar and i can view all other users calendars. Does any one have any suggestions? ...

How to control graph area
Still running stone age version of excel (97). Att least in this version it is very difficult to control the size of the diagram area when you cetreate a graph with the diagram tool. This problem is dual. On the one hand there is no entry/input (that I can find) to specify an EXACT diagram area (in pixels, cm etc. On the other hand if you use the drawing to to create the exact borders of the desired area and then adjust the diagram (the coordinate system) acrodingly - the d' thing won't remain stable. Now is ther anyone out there how knows what to do. A hidden surface entry for...

Direct Debit posted control
Currently GP will assume once a customer is marked with bank account details the system will assume all invoices are taken by DD and the only time this can be amended is prior to posting to the ledger. The ability to amend a posted invoice to either be DD payment or remove the DD payment until the invoice is fully paid would be useful ...

Any way to change the day headings in Calendar?
At the moment each column (in week view) is headed by the date in the format '16 September'. Can I alter that to show 'Thurs 16 Sept' or something similar? Also, can I have a bold heading for today's column? -- Murphy's ultimate law is that if something that could go wrong doesn't, it turns out that it would have been better if it had gone wrong. GB wrote: > At the moment each column (in week view) is headed by the date in the > format '16 September'. Can I alter that to show 'Thurs 16 Sept' or > something similar? Also, can I...

Statistical Process Control chart
Has anyone drawn SPC Chart in Microsoft Excel? Hi, Maybe have a look here http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html http://www.processtrends.com/pg_charts_control_chart.htm Cheers Andy Tang Leep Boon wrote: > Has anyone drawn SPC Chart in Microsoft Excel? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Looking for control to browse files
Hi, I am pretty new to and unexperienced with access (2007 is the one I amworking with) I have made a database (of 1 table) to record registered mail and such. I have added a hyperlink field which contains the link to a specific transmittal document showing the contents of the mail item. I have added it to the form and it works fine. If I click on the link it opens the (Word) transmittal file). So far so good. What I want is a control that lets me browse for the transmittal file, something like a simple Open dialog Can someone point me to the right documentation, please ...

Calculate Totals in Spreadsheet
I have a query that is being exported to a Excel spreadsheet. I am using the VBA Docmd.TransferSpreadsheet command to export the spreadsheet. The users will then open the spreadsheet and use the autosum function to get a total for 2 columns. A request was made to have these 2 columns with the totals already in place when the spreadsheet is opened. Is there any way in Access that I can open the spreadsheet and somehow the totals for the 2 columns? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank You, Joe V You'll have to use Automation. See whether my July, 2005 "Access...

Refering to control property on a form in VB
Hi I am trying to simply my code in a application by using a sub routine to amend the control properties of a form but I can't seem to get basic to accept the control property being sent to the routine as a string The code I am using is : Private Sub lSubControlPropertySet(stForm As String, stControl As String, stProperty As string, varValue As Variant) If IsNull(varValue) = True Then Forms(stForm)(stControl)(stProperty) = "" Else Forms(stForm)(stControl)(stProperty) = var...

How do I add the next month to a calendar w/o loosing cust format
Created a calendar page for the office with custom logo and address info. The calendar wizard changes everything back to the default when changing the date range. Help file says to add dates to retain custom elements but not 'How' to add dates. What's the best way to create a custom calendar and retain the formatting? The address lines and the logo are determined by your personal information. Look under Edit, the personal information is the very last item in the menu. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com ...

outlook to word calendar add in
When I was using Office 2000 I had an add in that would move Outlook Calendar into a Word document. Is there an Office 2003 version of this sort of thing? One of these perhaps: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar.htm#print --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Alan Smithee Jr. asked: | When I was using Office 2000 I had an add in that would move Outlook | Calendar into a Word document. Is there an Office 2003 v...

Exchange Free Busy Calendar
We are funning MS Exchange 2003. I have found that some of our users are computer clocks are set to update for day light savings time and others are not (they are all in the same time zone). Because of this when users send appointments if the person they are sending them to has a different daylight savings time setting the appt shows up differently.(in most cases an hour off for the correct meeting time). If I go around and adjust everyone’s clocks to be the same events the user entered show up incorectley in their calenter. Does anyone have any ideas of how I can correct this. ...