Calculated control #Name? error

I have simple form with a control source of a data table.  On the form
I have a number of text boxes with calcuated controls for example:

Name: txtTotalFTE
Format: Fixed
Control Source=[DirExLaborNbr]+[DirTempLaborNbr]+[IndSanNbr]+
[IndFLTNbr]+[IndLeadNbr]+[IndQANbr]

This works fine, correctly showing the total.

In another text box I have the following but the result is #Name?:

Name: txtTotalHrs
Format: Fixed
Control Source=[txtTotalFTE]*8

I have several other text boxes where I need to reference other
calculated controls (with much more complex calculations than this
one) but I always get the error.  The text box names do not appear in
the forms control source.
What am I missing here?

Thanks.

0
Jenno

Check the Name property of the problem text box. It must not be the same as
the name of a field in the form's RecordSource. For example, it must not be
called DirExLaborNbr.

If you have several calculated controls on a form, the problem may be in one
of the others. Once Access finds it cannot resolve a calculated control, it
gives up trying on the others. You may therefore need to eliminate some
calculated controls until you pin down the culprit.

"Jenno" <mike.jennison@exel.com> wrote in message
>I have simple form with a control source of a data table.  On the form
> I have a number of text boxes with calcuated controls for example:
>
> Name: txtTotalFTE
> Format: Fixed
> Control Source=[DirExLaborNbr]+[DirTempLaborNbr]+[IndSanNbr]+
> [IndFLTNbr]+[IndLeadNbr]+[IndQANbr]
>
> This works fine, correctly showing the total.
>
> In another text box I have the following but the result is #Name?:
>
> Name: txtTotalHrs
> Format: Fixed
> Control Source=[txtTotalFTE]*8
>
> I have several other text boxes where I need to reference other
> calculated controls (with much more complex calculations than this
> one) but I always get the error.  The text box names do not appear in
> the forms control source.
> What am I missing here?
>
> Thanks.

0
Allen
8/14/2007 3:42:01 PM
Allen

Many thanks for guidance.  The Name was not an issue, I deleted all
the text boxes with the calculations and recreated them in a different
sequence and it worked fine.

What sequence does Access work through these, in the created order or
reading order?

Mike.

0
Jenno
8/16/2007 8:43:52 PM
It's not simple to identify the calculation order Access uses for calculated
controls, as there can be all sorts of dependencies (even circular ones.)

Perhaps there was an error in the content or name of one of the controls. Or
perhaps something like a Name AutoCorrect error was causing Access to
identify the wrong things and make it uncalculatable. Who knows.

> Allen
>
> Many thanks for guidance.  The Name was not an issue, I deleted all
> the text boxes with the calculations and recreated them in a different
> sequence and it worked fine.
>
> What sequence does Access work through these, in the created order or
> reading order?
>
> Mike.

0
Allen

ExMerge 'Error configuring message service'
Hi All, I am running into this error when trying to import a PST into Exchange 2003 SP1 (on SBS 2003): Error configuring message service (MSPST MS) (MAPI_E_EXTENDED_ERROR) (CMapiSession::CreateEMSPSTProfile) I know this matches a KB article exactly, but the PST is NOT read only (I have even made it read only and then not read only just to make sure). I am pretty sure I have correctly removed deny send and receive as. I can export to a PST from the mailbox in question and then re-import the exported PST. The mailbox does not have any limits and does have messages so it is initialize...

Controlling printed records when report bound to multiple tables
I created a report that uses the control from a form to generate a report based on that record's primary key. This form also has a subform which has relationships tied to the primary key for record identification and is linked to the main table. When preview the report the data from the subform either does not show up in the preview when using the filter [control]=[form]![control].[value] or makes multiple copies of the report equal to the number of entries in the subform's table. Is there any way around this? I have tried queries but have not found a way to use a f...

stack fault error when browsing address book
I have a problem that occurs when browsing the address book "Contacts" that results in the error message: OUTLOOK has caused a stack fault in MSPST32.DLL and the termination of Outlook I've updated the Win98Se and the Office 2000, tried the steps in the KB218853, and searched the newsgroup and KB to no avail. Also tried the Inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) which found only minor problems and repaired them. I can look at the entire "Contacts" folder in Outlook without problems. This does not appear to be related to any contact record. Thanks Steve ...

Case select returning error when cell contains #N/A : how must i avoid this error
Title says it all Thanks, Luc maybe this will do what you want Sub test() If Not IsError(Range("C1").Value) Then Select Case Range("C1").Value Case 1 MsgBox "1" Case 2 MsgBox "2" End Select End If End Sub -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Luc" <lferr@live.be> wrote in message news:7AB07996-F1EE-41C1-8D9D-8A7DA54CED91@microsoft.com... > Title says it all > > Thanks, > > Luc Thanks for your help !!!!! Luc "Gary Keramidas" <GKeramidasAtMSN.com> schreef in berich...

Error Code: 0x8024D007
Hi all: I have tried pretty much evrything listed here in other discussions. It appears that my last update was January 2010. I am running XP sp3. I would hope by now Microsoft would have a general fix for WUS issues. I know this is a compllex issue but so many people can no longer get updtaes. is this their way of trying to force us all to Win 7? Any help would be appreciated. Thx Michael Michael, The most common cause of error 0x8024D007 is that registry files that correspond to the Wups2.dll file are missing. However, the problem can also be caused by other mis...

power point error
get the following error when double clicking a slideshow in Outlook: Procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library. PSAPI.DLL Originally I thought it could be a problem with PowerPoint 2007 so I had Unistalled the Office suite and reinstalled it however the problem still arised. Even repairing the Office suite did not help. I tried using the sfc /scannow but to no avale. I also tried renaming the PSAPI.DLL to PSAPIOLD.DLL rebooted the machine and then it created a new PSAPI.DLL file. Still the error arises. Then I had tried repar...

Error C2440 cannot convert from void
I got this error a few days ago and after much searching and still stuck on the problem. Any help given will be greatly appreciated. Error 1 error C2440: 'static_cast' : cannot convert from 'void (__thiscall CPage1::* )(void)' to 'LRESULT (__thiscall CWnd::* )(WPARAM,LPARAM)' The error occurred in this code: BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(CPage1, CPropertyPage) //{{AFX_MSG_MAP(CPage1) ON_WM_DESTROY() ON_WM_TIMER() ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_PROV_ADD, OnButtonProvAdd) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_PROV_EDIT, OnButtonProvEdit) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BU...

Conversion Errors Table
Hello, I'm new to working with Access, I just converted an Access 97 databas into Access 2002. It tells me there were errors, and to look at th Conversion Errors Table. But nowhere in the message or in the MS Hel is there anything telling me where to find this table. Can someon help? Thanks Patric -- psha ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pshaw's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=493 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=125029 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i I'd expect to find it in the new...

Move a particular named sheet to the end.
Using macros, how can I move a sheet called TOTAL to become the very last sheet within a workbook? Your assistance will be appreciated. -- Thank U and Regards Ann Try this: Worksheets("Total").Move after:=Worksheets(Worksheets.Count) "Ann" wrote: > Using macros, how can I move a sheet called TOTAL to become the very last > sheet within a workbook? > > Your assistance will be appreciated. > > -- > Thank U and Regards > > Ann > Barb, Works a treat, thank you for your assiatance. -- Thank U and Regards Ann "Barb Reinhar...

Excel calculates wrong ????
I have had no luck figuring this out... I have a list of 8 positive and negative numbers that 2 decimal place each. The numbers sum to zero confirmed by a calculator, however exce sums them to (2.55654899E12). I do not know why excel calculates the with a small value left that is denoted by scientific notation. I checked the value of each number to ensure that it did not includ any extra decimals, and I even re-typed them. I have had this happen with several other lists of numbers that are n brainers to calculate, and excel added extra scientific notation to th total. I have no idea why ...

File Naming for Picture Order
I want my photos within a folder to appear in a certain order and want them in numberical order; however, when I put them in numerical order and get past 9 (into 2 digit numbers) the order gets all whacky. bjackson wrote: > I want my photos within a folder to appear in a certain order and > want them in numberical order; however, when I put them in numerical > order and get past 9 (into 2 digit numbers) the order gets all whacky. ======================= Instead of... 1, 2, 3,.....10, 11, 12... Try this... 0001, 0002, 0003,.....0010, 0011, 0012 If you are batch renumbering the f...

Displaying Sheet Tabs Names in Cells
Can anyone tell me if there is a way for me to display the Name of a Sheet Tab in a cell. Take for example I have 4 worksheets, labelled Shawn, Kevin, Mary, & Data. In data, I want it to show the name of the worksheets. So in Cell A4 I would like it to say Shawn, then in B4 I can put Shawn's data in. Is there a function or a formula that allows me to do this. Thanks for any help. Hi Maybe this UDF will do for you. ------ Public Function TabI(TabIndex As Integer) As String Application.Volatile TabI = Sheets(TabIndex).Name End Function ------ Insert the function in...

Error Msg.
Can anyone decipher this error message: DVZMSGR caused an invalid page fault in module MSVCRT.DLL at 0167:78001296. Registers: EAX=00650078 CS=0167 EIP=78001296 EFLGS=00010202 EBX=0075000c SS=016f ESP=0063f728 EBP=0063f748 ECX=0064fc40 DS=016f ESI=0000003f FS=393f EDX=00650448 ES=016f EDI=0000003f GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 89 4c 11 fc 8b 75 f0 03 d1 8d 4e 01 89 0a 89 4c Stack dump: 00000000 00000040 780013d0 816d0238 00000050 006503c0 0064fc40 00000001 0063f77c 7800145c 0075000c 00000000 ffffffff 780013d0 bff7b9c5 816d0204 ...

help with Excel Chart, Series name
Hello, I am using ORACLE OLE2 package to print a series bar graph in excel. I need to rename "Series Name" that comes out in as a char in excel. By defual the series are names as Series1, Series2, Series3,.....SeriesN. How can I access the handle to "Series Name" which help me change its name. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks you, Bilal Bilal, Manally, you do this with Chart - Source data - Series tab. There's a series name box. Select the series to be edited in the drop-down at the left first. It may have a cell reference currently in it, or you can...

Active X control in Excel 2003
I have is=nstalled a pen pad on my pc which usies an active x control in Excel to enable me to draw in it. Everytime I start Excel it asks me if I was to run this Active X control. Is there a way of stopping it asking me every time? Thanks Shane Excel 2003, Windows XP home Hi, I think if you lowered your security level, it wouldn't ask, but I wouldn't recommend doing so. It prevents unauthorized and possibly dangerous macros from running and causing damage. I'd put up with the nuisance. jeff >-----Original Message----- >I have is=nstalled a pen pad on my pc which usi...

Money 2004 Deluxe Start error after install
After a fresh install of Money 2004 Deluxe in Windows XP Home I get an error box that says "Microsoft Money has encountered an error and needs to close" There is a box checked that says " Restart Microsoft Money" but it never restarts. Th error signature - AppVer: 12.0.0.613 Mod Name: kernel32.dll Offset: 00013887 Under technical information - Exception information Code: 0xe06d7363 Flags: 0x00000001 Address: 0x0000000077e73887 Is this a Windows error or did I waste my money on a software package. Please help - thanks In microsof...

Help Needed With Write Conflict Error Message.
I have an order form that users open and close on a regular basis. The form is based on a query. On the form are two fields, "TicketPrinted" and "RevisedDate". Most of the time the field "Ticket Printed" has a value in it of "Yes". What I want to be able to do is that if a date is entered into this "RevisedDate" field, OR if the information is changed in this "Revised Date" field, that when the user closed the form, an update query runs that changes the "TicketPrinted" field from the original value of "Yes"...

XmlValidatingReader unbelievable error
Hi everyone, I am trying now for 4-5 hours to write a simple code to validate a very simple XML and i still get an error. Here is my Code, and i always get an error at args.Exception ("The 'urn:books:catalog' element is not declared. An error occurred at file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/LakisService/books.xml, (2, 2).") private void Button2_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { XmlTextReader r = new XmlTextReader(Server.MapPath("books.xml")); XmlSchema xs = new XmlSchema(); xs.SourceUri = Server.MapPath("books.xsd"); XmlValidatingReader v = new X...

FORM Calculated Field
I am trying to attempt a simple percentage calculation to provide our sales team for the Opportunity Entity. I have 3 fields 1. estimatedvalue (Est. Revenue)- money 2. closeprobability (Probability) - int 3. dsi_weightedrevenue (Weighted Revenue) - int I need the following calculation to populate my Weighted Revenue (int) field as a percent estimatedvalue X closeprobability = dsi_weightedrevenue I have tried the following script adding it to the OnLoad event of the form being sure to select the "Event is enabled" check box there as well. But after publishing I get nothing but a...

An error number : 424 problem
I'm having trouble with an attachment field. On a report I can see the picture and the filename of the selected attachent properly. Now in a SQL UPDATE string that i'm making I always get the error 424 Object required. Here is the line where it happens : 'mySQL = mySQL + ", scan_g = " & prn_du_pied_g.FileName scan_g is a Text field prn_du_pied_g is an attachment All I want to do is to use the filename of the attchment. How do I solve this Thank you for the help -- Eric "ericb" <eric@b.com> wrote in message news:9A...

replace error by value
Hi, Can anyone tell me how I can change an error msg (f.e. #DIV/O!) by any value ? I have a formula that generates an error msg, but I want to change it by ZERO. Thanks, Fabian =IF(ISERROR(your_formula),0,your_formula) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Can anyone tell me how I can change an error msg (f.e. >#DIV/O!) by any value ? > >I have a formula that generates an error msg, but I want >to change it by ZERO. > >Thanks, >Fabian >. > Hi change your formula to something like =IF(B1=0,0,A1/B1) -- Regards Frank Kabel Fra...

Business Portal Error During Installation
Hi, I am trying to install Business Portal 2.0, I have prepared a Share Point Server with windows 2003 installed, but when I try to install Business Portal it si giving me this error message "The database (Comany ID) on SQL Server (Server Name) does not meet minimum requirements-your back office data must be at vesion 7.x" although our Great Plains version is 7.5 with service pack 1 installed. Any suggestions about this issue will be highly appreciated. Mohammad, Thanks for using the newsgroup. I have seen this error before. In the cases I saw it, it was due to incorrect d...

save a resualts calculation in one column
Dear members, I have one problem for save and record for resualts of calculation on formula in cells of one column.any time i repeat calculation, th resualt save in first cell(link cell) and not move to below cell ,i the other word ,i want for any calculation by formula resualts save i next cell(without change of last try ). Thanks ras_mi -- ras-mi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ras-mir's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1537 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26994 Hi r...

An error occurred while enlisting in a distributed transaction.
I have an online store, it is a ASP.net application. It runs fine on my test environment, which is windows 2003. This ASP.net application collects orders information and send them to a MSMQ. I am using eConnect_API (7.0.4.0) and eConnectSerilization.dll (1.0.1439.30715). Once they get into MSMQ, I have a window service( home made, using eConnect_API) to drop the data to Great Plain. When all servers (the web server, the Great Plain database) are local (that means all inside firewall), the whole system works fine. Now, I am in the middle of deploying the application to the production se...

Error code C00D11BA
ok - here's a mystery: i run windows mp10 and nero on a 64bit xp - sp3. both players have performed very well up until last night. now when i attempt to play a file, i get the error above - which makes no sense in the context of my recent experience w/mp10. and i also noticed that my nero player just sort of freezes up when i try to play a file as well - no audio no nothin. interesting enough, under the sound and audio device properties window, the options in the audio and voice tabs are grayed out. this was not the case earlier, as these options were clearly available just ...